The Overdue Club - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 235 Old 08-26-2011, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

Irene passed us yesterday/last night. While at my MW appointment yesterday my wonderful MW did mention that the change in atmospheric pressure around a big storm like that can send women into labor. Fortunately we only had mild tail winds and lots of rain and today the sky is a lovely clear blue. Hope you don't have to birth during the height of the storm although the storm effect can happen a day or two before it actually hits, so maybe Irene will bring forth a few more babies in our DDC.

I wouldn't mind having mine then, just not at the height of the storm. I'd worry about DS immensely.

Is it really the end of the month? I was supposed to be a mid-monther. My due date was the 15th! :-(

#212 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can we do another roll call? Who's still waiting?

I'm still here at 40+5. I have another OB appt tomorrow where we'll be doing the works: U/S for fluid levels, NST, and cervix check. Right now, I'm hoping it all comes out well - the baby is fine from what I can tell - but I'm most worried about the cervix check. If there's no progress, it'll be harder to convince the OB that waiting it out is a good plan. Keep your fingers crossed!

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#213 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Still here. 41 weeks 6 days, although the hospital has me at 41 weeks 1 day. I have an appointment with a doctor on Tuesday. So far the baby's heart beat and movement have been fine, as well as my blood pressure and urine. People are convinced I'm going to labor during the storm, but I'm not so convinced.

#214 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

People are convinced I'm going to labor during the storm, but I'm not so convinced.

Funny, isn't it? Exactly the same here.

#215 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 10:10 AM

So, we're not really "overdue" until 42 weeks....I'm 40 weeks today & am hoping baby will arrive any hour, lol. I decided to have my cervix checked at my last OB appointment on Friday...nothing to report. I usually wait until I'm in labour, but this time I've been having prodromal labour with stronger contractions for about a month...and was hoping they would have helped to dilate me a bit.
I'm planning for a VBA2C and now I have one more thing to worry about...baby turned transverse last night and is still there.
#216 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post

Can we do another roll call? Who's still waiting?

I'm still here at 40+5. I have another OB appt tomorrow where we'll be doing the works: U/S for fluid levels, NST, and cervix check. Right now, I'm hoping it all comes out well - the baby is fine from what I can tell - but I'm most worried about the cervix check. If there's no progress, it'll be harder to convince the OB that waiting it out is a good plan. Keep your fingers crossed!

Sorry to crash the Overdue Club, but I just wanted to share that I was barely 1cm dialated at 1pm on a Friday and started labor at 3am on Saturday. Don't let the number wear you down! 

And I'm sending all you 40+ ladies lots of ELVs! dust.gif

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#217 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

Sorry to crash the Overdue Club, but I just wanted to share that I was barely 1cm dialated at 1pm on a Friday and started labor at 3am on Saturday. Don't let the number wear you down! 

And I'm sending all you 40+ ladies lots of ELVs! dust.gif

Thanks! That gives me some hope!

#218 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm overdue now, and it's killing me! I was just due yesterday, but I feel so much worse! My last two labors started the night of their due dates, so I was expecting it last night, but it didn't happen. I have been having pre-labor for a while, and I have contractions here and there that don't go anywhere and aren't really painful. At my appointment on Friday I was dilated to 4, so I'm hoping it happens any time now... I just wish my water would break, so we can get this started!!

FischK - with my last two pregnancies I wasn't dilated at all before labor started, so there is hope! My labors were also short with them(3 and 4 hours).

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#219 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 02:05 PM

40+2 today. I agree it's not really overdue till 42 weeks. (Just like 37 weeks isn't "term" in my opinion.)

Thinking of getting some castor oil, 'cause I've started to have some prodomal labor, I think. Now to search for the milk shake recipe that's floating around here somewhere. I'm sure it's been in this thread at least once.

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#220 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyFilled View Post

So I don't know where else to post this but I am emotional mess over the thought of scheduling a c-section.  I am 41 weeks today (although it is the middle of the night here.) and tomorrow (Monday) I go into the OBS and set a time for the c-section for Wednesday.  I am perfectly fine with having a c-section if needed.  But the thought of walking into a hospital and laying down and being cut open with no signs from the baby or no reason at all doesn't sit well with me.  I have been crying for basically the last 3 hours.  

There really is nothing else to do.  DD was a huge baby(10.5 pounds) and 48 hours after my water broke and several induction methods we both had an infection, still at 3cm and thus a c-section.  The OBS thinks this baby is huge and again won't engage and get the contractions going.  Thus if nothing happens naturally I should just have a c-section.  There are no other OBS or hospitals here.  The next one is a plane ride away.

Other then being emotional over this I feel fine.  I went hiking today, cleaned and sorted my house.  We are moving.  Movers come on Monday.  My BIL comes on Tuesday.  DH is suppose to leave on Saturday but can wait a few days.  I'm set to stay with a couple of friends.  So there is a lot going on.

I really don't know what you can say I just needed to type this out.  Hopefully the baby decides to come soon.

I'm so sorry. As someone who had to walk in and lay down for the surgery with no labor at all, I certainly cried quite a lot. We did at least have a reason, though. He was breech.

I second the trying to at least wait until 42 weeks. Why not? If you guys are okay, might as well.

The good thing about planning the section is that it's not an emergency. It's relaxed. You get to make more choices and, though I bet you'll still be scared and there will be tears, at least you know that you're not there because something is wrong. It helped me to think of it like that. Plus the option to sleep well the night before. Not that I could, but maybe you can!

I hope you don't have to, but if you do, I hope you have as great a surgery as I had. Good luck! :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#221 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM

Still here. 40+6. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my midwife. I've been loosing my mucus plug the last 2 days though so I keep hoping something happens soon! It would be nice to have the baby this evening so hubby could just take monday -friday off work, instead of starting a week off mid week. But she's being stubborn about it. lol 
It is cute though hubby has started trying to talk baby out of the belly. So far it's not working but eventually he has to get through to her right. ;) 

Enjoying 7+ Years of marriage with my bff/hubby. 2twins.gif SAHM to babygirl.gif Norrie.  Wehomebirth.jpgcd.gifbftoddler.gif,delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif

We have cat.gif),dog2.gifdog2.gif. and a tree frog. 

I am a "Multicrafty"knit.gifsewmachine.gif mamma to be who blogs at: http://www.myslightlycrunchylife.blogspot.com

#222 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinbopbop View Post

It is cute though hubby has started trying to talk baby out of the belly. So far it's not working but eventually he has to get through to her right. ;) 

My DH has been doing that for two weeks now! It's cute, and makes me smile so I don't complain. It's when he's telling me to have a baby that it starts bugging me. I would if I could!

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#223 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 07:46 PM

My Dh is also talking to my belly, and I've enlisted DS1 to join him. I'm hoping that he has some way of convincing his brother it is time to come to our side. It's sort of a hard sell since DS1 is semi-aware that things are going to change around here and he's not too keen on it, but so far he plays along. thumb.gif

#224 of 235 Old 08-28-2011, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have any great words of wisdom, but I feel for all you overdue mamas waiting for your babies!!  You are all doing a fantastic job, and your babies will be here any day now!! 

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#225 of 235 Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 AM

Well all that talking and convincing must have worked because I've been having contractions since 1:30. It's now nearly 6am. So much for sleep! So keep talking to those babies! It could work for you too. l

Enjoying 7+ Years of marriage with my bff/hubby. 2twins.gif SAHM to babygirl.gif Norrie.  Wehomebirth.jpgcd.gifbftoddler.gif,delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif

I am a "Multicrafty"knit.gifsewmachine.gif mamma to be who blogs at: http://www.myslightlycrunchylife.blogspot.com

#226 of 235 Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM

I haven't been online, but we finally delivered wednesday the 24th!  MW said she looked right on time, not overdone at all.  I think a thorough internal check, mexican for dinner and a walk to the post office did it...

#227 of 235 Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 AM

We had baby Norrie at 3:55 am on Tuesday. So exactly 41+1 and she came all on her own. We didn't use an induction methods besides sex lol. And that was more for us than her. I will post our birth story soon. smile.gif

#228 of 235 Old 08-31-2011, 05:46 AM

Congrats! Hopefully my little one decides to be born soon too. I'm 40 + 4 today.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#229 of 235 Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 AM

Congrats from me, too, to both bobbinbopbop and mamlexy.

AFM, I think I may be in labor. I woke up from ctx at 4.45, and they came in 7-8 min intervals. Lost a huge chunk of mucus an hour later. Then went back to bed while ctx slowed down. But since about 8.30 am, they've been picking up again in 4-6 min intervals. They're not quite regular (30-60 seconds), but if this keeps up, I'll be on my way to hospital in an hour or so.

#230 of 235 Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 AM

FischK, I really hope this is it for you and that you are at the hospital having your baby.

I can finally join this shrinking group, as I'm 40 +1 today. I'm concentrating on finishing my to do list and just trying to stay calm and enjoy whatever time I have left with just DS.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#231 of 235 Old 08-31-2011, 10:15 AM

I am also now at 40+1 today. If this little guy waits till after Friday, I have to see a different doc for my appointment this week because my regular one is out of town.  One reason I like my OB so much is that she has been really agreeable with holding off on any talk about inducing, but I have a feeling this one will really start pushing it.  I guess I'm just not looking forward to arguing with anyone about why I don't see the need to induce by 41 weeks. I've gone through all of my to do lists and now am trying to enjoy spending some quality time with DH while we still can.

Amyread.gifsewmachine.gif - married to my best friend bikenew.gif and mom to DS jog.gif  born September, 2011.

winner.jpg    nocirc.gif    femalesling.GIF    familybed1.gif    cd.gif

#232 of 235 Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM

Hi all- I am so glad you are all still here.  I am 40 weeks +4.  I have been having cramping and backpain for 10 days now so I am definitely ready to have her arrive! 

My sister had similar cramping for a week and then had a speedy delivery. I hope i have a similar experience!

xo

#233 of 235 Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM

newborn fitted diaper are finally completed. I'm officially ready for this baby to arrive. Now its just a wait and see when.

Amy I do hope the new OB doesn't try to pressure you. I really don't get why they get so pushy the second you get to your due date.

I'm so glad my CNM is as laid back about when this baby arrives as we are. I'm a VBAC mama, and she hasn't even mentioned what would happen if I go postdates, as we have almost 2 weeks before that happens. I guess if I end up still pregnant at next weeks appointment (this weeks is tomorrow) then we'll have to discuss options for postdates, but I know she won't transfer our care unless she absolutely has to, and she has already been in touch with a VBACing OB at a hospital about an hour from here for "just in case of transfer" purposes, so I'm not too concerned at this point.

Last time I went into labor 40+4 and had DS 40+5 (37 hr labor that ended in c/s) so I know I might just cook them a wee bit longer than the average 40 weeks.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#234 of 235 Old 09-04-2011, 06:52 AM

Ugh, I am at 41+3 and also have the PUPPS rash. It's very debilitating. It's hard enough to stay positive about being "late" and cheering for your little one, and keeping people at bay, but the rash just makes me feel insane. Like, why I am doing this again? Should I just go for induction? My baby is healthy, but my body seems to be rejecting her...

#235 of 235 Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrsinger View Post

Ugh, I am at 41+3 and also have the PUPPS rash. It's very debilitating. It's hard enough to stay positive about being "late" and cheering for your little one, and keeping people at bay, but the rash just makes me feel insane. Like, why I am doing this again? Should I just go for induction? My baby is healthy, but my body seems to be rejecting her...

I had PUPPS! Very sucky!

I had amazing luck taking baths with sea salt. It actually made the rash go away. I'm lucky and have a bit tub. But big bath with sea salt and then smearing yourself with some awesome lotion thing (or I used a lot of Trameel cream). Got rid of mine in days.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page