Mothering Forum banner

"Due Date" VS "born date".... question from another impatient , pregnant lady.......

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  earth-mama 
#1 ·
Okay can you tell Im being impatient!?!?! Ive been eating RRL caps, EPO till they come out my ears, sex, housework ( my house has NEVER been this clean) ...

I am wondering if there is any rhyme or reason on when our babies are born? I guess all the false labor yesterday got me thinking....

for instance, those mamas that have delivered recently, or even those second, third, fourth and so on time mamas can chime in here...

what was your" due date" and when was your baby born?

For me:

my first was "due" March 17th 2007 and born after induction March 26th (9 days) later

my second was due the beginning of November ( the 16th I believe, my dates were messed with IMO) and born naturally November 26th (10 days) later

I am "due" the 25th of this month... just wondering if Ill go past another 10 or so days?

FYI- I am not really a Due Date freak, I know that they are just estimates, and baby selects the day its born. but I am becoming impatient and WANT TO SEE MY BABY!!!!!
3rdtri.gif
hopmad.gif
..................but will patiently wait.....
lurk.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
DD- Due date: December 11th / Born date: January 2nd (Completely certain of conception date)

DS- Due date: April 3rd/ Born date: April 20th (Not certain of conception date)

#3- Due date: August 16th/ Born date: PLEASE OH PLEASE BEFORE 42 WEEKS!

#4 ·
Well, this is only my #2 and he's not earthside yet, but DD was due on 10/3 by conception (by u/s 10/5) and was born on 10/2.

I'm feeling pretty darn impatient too! I hear you!!

#5 ·
dd1...."due" 3/07, born 3/15 41 w 1 d

dd2..."due" 6/03, born 6/10 41 w

surro baby "due" 8/06, born 8/11 40w 5 days

little leo cooking..."due" 8/02, still not earthside....

definitely a pattern in my late little beans. this little one is sure to come out soon! i think some mamas tend to cook their babes a little longer, and that might be becasue we don't all have perfect 28 day cycle. i think it is much more likely that some mamas go over because they have a later ovulation point then what is used in the due date equation.

i totally hear you on the clean house front. baby, it ain't getting any cleaner then this. come on down!

truly, though, i think there is a lot of purpose in our babes choosing their own birthdays. i just like to make sure i am clear that i have no hang ups about babe being born, and make an official invitation (or perhaps you might call it an eviction notice?) for babe to join us. even my kiddos have been lips pressed to the belly quite a lot lately.....telling little babe "today is a good birthday! we're ready to meet you!"

i hear your impatience mama. the only thing that has really ever worked in making baby come for me is deciding they never will.
lol.gif

#7 ·
DS was due March 1 and came Feb 18th after my water broke-- about 2 weeks early. You can imagine this time around as 38 weeks came and went my impatience grew and grew and grew...

Now I'm staring my EDD in the face (its Sunday). Even my OB said at my appt yesterday she was surprised to see me-- she'd expected I'd go into labor last week. Argh. It certainly doesn't help when everyone around you is like, WTF? Why isn't she here yet?!

So I'm with elevena on this one-- she's only showing up after I give up that she ever will emerge. My mantra for the day: Must let it go.

#8 ·
DD--"due" date was Oct 28th based on LMP. She broke her bag of waters on the evening of the 27th and they did a c-section early morning of the 28th (because she was breech and wouldn't allow me to labor/deliver vaginally).

Baby #2--"due" date was August 1st based on what appeared to be a 5 week ultrasound (was unexpected pregnancy. Hadn't been paying attention to LMP or conception dates). Still waiting... :)

#9 ·
#1 due May 18, born May 14, so 39w3d -- I knew the week of conception, but not the day, so I really could have been more like 40w.

#2 due Nov 19, born Dec 4, so 42w1d, after induction -- I knew the day of conception.

#3 due July 30, not here yet, 40w5d today -- I knew the day of conception.

#10 ·
DDCC

sadly i don't think there is any rhyme or reason.

my first was due april 7th and was born on april 8th (40w1d)

my second was due may 3rd and was born on may 16th (41w6d)

i mistakenly thought that baby #2 would come sooner and was so prepared to have him before his due date (boy was i wrong). at around 38 weeks i started thinking, "ok, any day now". i was one day shy of 42 weeks when he finally arrived.

i will say, once he decided to come, he came fast. dd was born after 28 hours, ds after less than five.

hang in there mama. just know you'll be holding your little one soon. i remember thinking mine would never come and here he is 11 weeks already. wow!

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevena true View Post

i just like to make sure i am clear that i have no hang ups about babe being born, and make an official invitation (or perhaps you might call it an eviction notice?) for babe to join us. even my kiddos have been lips pressed to the belly quite a lot lately.....telling little babe "today is a good birthday! we're ready to meet you!"
So between all of the belly head-butting and belly slapping that my toddler is doing, I will be the one woman in the DDC who goes to 43 weeks? Sigh.
irked.gif

DS was born a whole week early, at exactly 39 weeks. I'm not certain of conception dates, but I did have a pretty regular cycle at that point in my life, and was ovulating right about day 14 or 15

#12 ·
dd1: due 12/8, born 11/30 (38w6d)
dd2: due 3/16, born 3/22 (40w6d)
dd3: due 10/6, born 9/5 (35w4d)

Ya, no idea in hell when this guy will be here lol. was on all kinds of preterm labor meds, and have been off of those for two weeks and have actually made it to term today. I'm so confuzzled!

#13 ·
DD1 was born 10 days before EDD. Positive on dates to the day.

DD2 was 8 days before EDD. Charting once again.

DS1 was 5 days AFTER EDD. And again. He was clearly barely ready to emerge, he was coated head to toe in thick vernix.

DS2 was 11 days before EDD. Unknown dates, had first tri U/S that showed I was actually 2 weeks farther along then I thought. And glad now I did that since I would of thought I went into labor at 36 weeks.

I was fully prepared to go late with #4, the other pgs and been getting progressively later and then he decided to surprise me. Who knows!

#15 ·
I know, I have been obsessing about this too! My daughter was born at 38wk4days, and I am now 39wk4days with #2, and so impatient!!! It's not fair that my first came early - I was really expecting it again! Here I am, 4 days from my due date and NO signs of labor. If I go a week or two over I don't know how I'll survive!

#16 ·
DS 1 "due" 10-17-2007 born 10-10-2007 (39 weeks)

DS 2 "due" 12-5-2009 born 12-8-2009 (40.3 weeks)

This one "due" 8-18-2011 still cooking (38 weeks today)

What worked for me? Stop shaving your legs, and let your toenail polish get all chipped.... then the baby will come!

#17 ·
DS guess date: 5/28, born 6/5 (41 weeks +1 day, avg for ftm)

DD guess date: 11/01 by u/s (not sure of conception) born 11/01. (what baby comes naturally on their due date?!)

This one, guess date 8/14. And I really think I'm going to go well past that. But that's what I thought last time so who knows? As long as baby doesn't come tomorrow on my FIL's bday, I'm cool whenever. FIL is not my favorite person...
lol.gif

#18 ·
DS Due May 27, 2010 born June 1, 2010 (40w 5d) by c/s after 37 hours of labor.

? Due Aug 30, 2011 still cooking, today I'm only 36w 2d, so I've got a few weeks to go.

I don't know that there is any actual patterns to when babies arrive, I think they just know when they are ready regardless of what we do. I'm not full term until next Tuesday, then I'll probably start getting impatient. At least this time I won't have my Mum staying and asking me several times a day when the baby is going to be born. It was slowly driving me insane last time, as she was anxious for DS to arrive before she had to fly back to Scotland. I think DS took his time on purpose just to get her worked up. I don't really mind when this one arrives as long as its a successful HBAC.

#19 ·
DD EDD was July 2nd, came on July 16th (42 weeks) after pitocin induction. Although I had started to go into labor so she probably would have been born around that time anyway. I had no idea what my dates were.

I have been really fighting the urge to become impatient. I started this pregnancy in the mindset that baby was going to come at 42 weeks and was ok with that but now that I am in the "safe window" it is so hard to be patient. It wasn't like this with DD at all, I was fine waiting. I am getting physically uncomfortable, I am ready for some time off work...Like I said, working very hard on maintaining a positive attitude, being grateful for my body for growing this baby for as long as she needs, reminding myself it is only a few more weeks, trying to cherish these last moments where it is just me and DD. But really, I cannot imagine ever being pregnant again, So ready for DH to get the big V after this LO is born.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaW View Post

I have been really fighting the urge to become impatient. I started this pregnancy in the mindset that baby was going to come at 42 weeks and was ok with that but now that I am in the "safe window" it is so hard to be patient. It wasn't like this with DD at all, I was fine waiting. I am getting physically uncomfortable, I am ready for some time off work...Like I said, working very hard on maintaining a positive attitude, being grateful for my body for growing this baby for as long as she needs, reminding myself it is only a few more weeks, trying to cherish these last moments where it is just me and DD. But really, I cannot imagine ever being pregnant again, So ready for DH to get the big V after this LO is born.
Jenna, I feel very much the same way. Torn. I try to keep reminding myself that by Halloween or Christmas these last few weeks will seem like they were nothing, and am trying to just live in the moment and enjoy DD and the last few days/weeks we have just the two of us. But it's so hard. Mentally (and physically) I'm done, ready to break. Like you I'm trying hard to stay positive, but I definitely have my moments when my weaknesses come thru and I just want him out. Sigh. The end is hard.

#21 ·
Obsessed as well - i am only 36 weeks and here on Aug DDC because I was convinced Id go early. 37 weeks 3 days with DD - dont know why. I did think my due date was off. This time i know exact conception date and am going to be struggling as i pass 37 weeks- I shiver at the stories of 42 plus weeks but know i have to consider the possibility.

I think we go through this DONE phase to be willing to endure labor :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.