Alexander John is here!!! Updated with birth story...Short labor-LONG Story - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 08-04-2011, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

So many congratulations! He is so beautiful. I, too, am sorry about the transfer, but I'm glad you're both doing well. I hope that you'll be home soon, if you aren't already. :-) Thanks so much for sharing all the ultra sweet pictures!

#32 of 45 Old 08-04-2011, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ooooh, the cute little ears!  And the smile in the first pic!!  HEART 'SPLOSION!!!

Big congrats to you mama.  It sounds like you are doing well, and I can't wait to hear the full scoop.  He is just beautiful!  And in one of the pictures, if you look at the picture of your DS1 in your profile, you can see the resemblance.  Their faces look similar.  How amazing is that?

Regardless, he's lovely!  CONGRATS AGAIN MAMA!!!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#33 of 45 Old 08-05-2011, 12:54 AM

OMG he is so cute and squishy! Congratulations!!!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#34 of 45 Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 AM

biggrinbounce.gif Makes me want mine so bad!!!!  Congrats!!!joy.gif

First time mama!  belly.gif
#35 of 45 Old 08-13-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping to let you all know I added my birth story to post #1.

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#36 of 45 Old 08-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Oh my goodness, what a terrifying story! I am so glad he is safe & happy in his mommy's arms. Amazing! 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#37 of 45 Old 08-13-2011, 07:41 PM

Honey that sounds like it was so scary, I am so sorry you had to go through all that.  I am so grateful everything is ok with the baby.  

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#38 of 45 Old 08-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Awwww!!!! What a little love bug! joy.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#39 of 45 Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Oh what a nightmare! I'm sorry you didn't get a peaceful birth experience. Thank god he is healthy though! He's adorable and I'm so glad your husband stepped up to be your advocate.

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#40 of 45 Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Wow, what a powerful birth story. I'm so sorry you weren't able to have your peaceful homebirth, but I am also very happy that you and the baby are both safe and that babe is healthy and doing well. You're a very, very strong mama. hug2.gif

#41 of 45 Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 PM

Mama, I'm so sorry you didn't get your peaceful home birth.  That has to be so gut wrenching.  But I'm also glad that you had a skilled midwife who knew when to call in backup, I'm so glad you got to labor at home, and your DH sounds like he stepped up to the plate and was so amazing.  I hope hope hope that you're able to draw strength from this birth..  I've said it a few other times now...  That our strength as mothers lies not in the times when things go exactly right, but in the times when we triumph in the situations where everything goes awry.  I'm so glad that your little boy is healthy, and it sounds like you were strong and amazing -- what a good mama should be.

Thank you for sharing!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#42 of 45 Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 AM

Scarey stuff!  So glad you and baby are doing well and he's healthy! 

#43 of 45 Old 08-14-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post
That our strength as mothers lies not in the times when things go exactly right, but in the times when we triumph in the situations where everything goes awry.  

yeahthat.gif

Aw, mama.  hug.gif  I am just so, so happy everyone acted when and how they should have, and you got to push your baby out, and that's he's fine!  What a scary situation, but one you handled beautifully.  I agree so much with Michelle, you find strength in your moments of weakness, when you realize what you are capable of.  

Rest, enjoy that little man, and take heart in knowing that you have inspired many with what you have gone through.  Thank you for sharing with us.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#44 of 45 Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 AM

I couldn't not respond-- I had a crazy HB turned transfer birth also.  It was shocking, but in the long run it really made me see how strong I was and how much I would do for my little guy, including let go of what *I* wanted out of the birth in order to give *him* what he needed to be born safely.  Your story made my heart beat race, remembering all those emotions. 

Enjoy that sweet little face! 

#45 of 45 Old 08-14-2011, 06:38 PM

sounds like your midwife and the team at the hospital did exactly as they should have. I'm sorry you didn't get your home birth but glad you are both ok! He's so squishy and cute! 

Enjoying 7+ Years of marriage with my bff/hubby. 2twins.gif SAHM to babygirl.gif Norrie.  Wehomebirth.jpgcd.gifbftoddler.gif,delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif

We have cat.gif),dog2.gifdog2.gif. and a tree frog. 

I am a "Multicrafty"knit.gifsewmachine.gif mamma to be who blogs at: http://www.myslightlycrunchylife.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page