I love you, man! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2011, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just wanted to say how much I have appreciated this community. We, as a group, have been through the wringer and always there was support and love. Joy with joy, hugs with losses.  It's meant so so much to me this whole journey and I look forward to knowing you in the future - and maybe snagging you for my Hippy Commune ;)

I am SO doing a Portland trip with my little man when we can so that we can at least meet up with the Portland crowd.

Just being all mushy :) I'm hormonal like whoa :P

We had no one come too early which is amazing! Jill and Reed are some stubborn people! And all the other moms, I remember there were a lot who thought they would! And most births have sounded really nice (I can skim over the "OMG it hurt so bad" parts and pretend birth is blissful, yes I can!) and our first birth - and c-section - seems to have turned out well.

It's 'cause we're awesome. August 11 mamas, we know how to do it :)

I'm voting that at least Jessica and CrazyCatLady get their turns tonight.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 05:02 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 08-04-2011, 05:07 PM

grouphug.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
Old 08-04-2011, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

I'll love you guys after I have the baby. Right now I hate everyone. wink1.gif

Fair enough ;) I had just started getting impatient for this guy to come before suddenly I want very much for him not to come until he rolls over. Like having to freeze in the middle of jumping ;)

I'd make a joke about "OMG, don't you have your baby yet??" but I like you and don't want you to have to go to jail for homicide ;) Soon!

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 PM

Me too! This group is really helping my sanity.  I'm sad I won't be able to spend as much time here without home inernet.  Having a place where everyone is close to my due date and gets what I am going through is so nice!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I just wanted to say how much I have appreciated this community. We, as a group, have been through the wringer and always there was support and love. Joy with joy, hugs with losses.  It's meant so so much to me this whole journey and I look forward to knowing you in the future - and maybe snagging you for my Hippy Commune ;)

I am SO doing a Portland trip with my little man when we can so that we can at least meet up with the Portland crowd.

Just being all mushy :) I'm hormonal like whoa :P

We had no one come too early which is amazing! Jill and Reed are some stubborn people! And all the other moms, I remember there were a lot who thought they would! And most births have sounded really nice (I can skim over the "OMG it hurt so bad" parts and pretend birth is blissful, yes I can!) and our first birth - and c-section - seems to have turned out well.

It's 'cause we're awesome. August 11 mamas, we know how to do it :)

I'm voting that at least Jessica and CrazyCatLady get their turns tonight.

ROTFLMAO.gif  Not tonight!  Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary (11 years!) and it is the only day I would prefer not to have her.  Which means, of course, that she will probably decide to put in an appearance tomorrow.  We will be doing lots of prostglandin applications over the next few days to get things going, though. winky.gif  I had my 38 week appointment today and the OB wants to talk induction next Tuesday if baby hasn't arrived by then, due to my high blood pressure. 

I appreciate you all, too.  I know I couldn't have sanely made it through a month of prodromal labor without your support!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 08-04-2011, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarnation View Post

Me too! This group is really helping my sanity.  I'm sad I won't be able to spend as much time here without home inernet.  Having a place where everyone is close to my due date and gets what I am going through is so nice!

I flinch away from your internet losing posts in horror.

Too horrible of a thought, you have my sincerest sympathies :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-04-2011, 05:56 PM

I have been so impressed with the non-judgemental attitudes of everyone here.  I spent a lot of time on another site first pregnancy and this time around got VERY fed up VERY quickly with the ignorance and overall poor attitude toward other moms.  I dont know what the difference is- what draws people to MDC but i have felt honored to share with every single one of you amazing, intelligent and caring people.  only wish to have found you sooner- and to know how to do the 'respond' thingy you all do to respond directly to a comment- not the most computer savvy one here ;)

Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

thumb.gif I'm glad that this group is awesome as well. My last DDC was just as great, 2 + years later there are a number of us that chat weekly and even daily still. I'm very glad that I get to experience another supportive group, I've been in others that do not compare! 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:10 PM

What are we supposed to do once we've all had our babies????!!!!???  I'm totally invested in all of you other mamas--  I don't want that to end.  Are we going to start a "Born in July/August 2011" thread??

Old 08-04-2011, 06:41 PM

I must be taking dibs seriously because I'm due today and my baby is still waiting for kristandthekids to have her baby. wink1.gif

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

Old 08-04-2011, 06:47 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 08-04-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemama579 View Post

What are we supposed to do once we've all had our babies????!!!!???  I'm totally invested in all of you other mamas--  I don't want that to end.  Are we going to start a "Born in July/August 2011" thread??

Are you crazy!? After the dust settles, that's when the DDC gets even better and more supportive.  Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere and neither is anyone else!  We all have to be there for each other thru sleepless nights, colic, bf'ing questions, diaper issues, vax questions, first smiles, first giggles, first rolling over...the list is endless!!!

Quote:

happytears.gif  I, too, would be lost w/o my girls.  You all have made this pregnancy what it is for me.  LOVE you all!  luxlove.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM

Last time I was part of a more mainstream  forum & DDC. I was also the only one homebirthing.

I found MDC when I was researching VBACs just after DS was born.

I'm so happy to not only be a part of our group, but to be blessed to get to know you all over the last 8 months. Nobody IRL around me has ever even tried to VBAC, and nobody understands why home birth is so important to me. Here in our DDC not only am I surrounded by home birthing Mamas, but several of us are also VBACing too. It has really kept me going on those days where its easy to feel all alone in this journey.

I'm so glad we have this online community for support, especially when it is so difficult to find that sense of community IRL.

Our DDC is the best group of Mamas I could ever hope to know.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 PM

Indeed, indeed!   I am very grateful to have had everyone's support and company; which would have been worth immeasurably less, if you weren't all such neat, intelligent, kind, compassionate, and diverse people.  I'm very glad it won't simply evaporate when we conclude giving birth.

Speaking of which, I vote Kris gets to precede Jessica, and have her baby today or tomorrow - since those aren't good for Jessica, anyway!  (And wish you the best of anniversaries, Jessica - with a baby soon to follow!)

I'll cede dibs on first twins, even (to Kris, despite it being ONE) or sajgos (scheduled for the tenth), as long as mine don't come on my own anniversary (the 15th), in consequence....  winky.gif

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 PM

I'm a bit of a latecomer, but I have learned soooo much from the various mamas and mamas-to-be in this DDC. The wisdom, kindness, and humor here has brought me considerable comfort and has helped me to not feel alone on certain trying days.

I'm not on Facebook, so I'll def keep checking back here after we all give birth!

xoxo!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 PM

After a long absence from these fora, I've been mostly lurking for the last nine months b/c my real life is pretty busy, and I am still active in my old DDC from when my son was born, which continues to be an awesome group of supportive moms. I am very impressed with this DDC, though, and I'm honored to be a part of it and I want to be more involved in it. You people rock!

Anyway, you all go ahead and have your babies before the middle of the months and once you're done, I'll have mine around his due date. That's all I'm asking. 

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

Old 08-05-2011, 02:04 AM

Me too!!! I feel like I really lucked out with this DDC (good timing, baby!) because I have started in some others and they just weren't as good! I love feeling like I've made mommy friends here, especially because I have only one in real life. And you're all just so awesome too orngbiggrin.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 AM

Aw, all the replies here make me feel so squishy and happy.

This pregnancy has been really hard for me for a lot of reasons.  With my first pregnancy, I was part of MDC, but never posted in my due date club.  I wish I would have...  It has been, quite literally, a lifesaver for me to be able to bitch and moan, and laugh, and sometimes cry over all the goings on in all of your lives.  I've been able to share things that I'm sure no one IRL wants to know or hear about.  How very valuable that has been.

Thank you for the thread Becky, and thank you to all of you mamas who have given me virtual hugs, and educated me, and made me laugh.  I have often wished that we lived in a society that was less separated.  There's the classic, "it takes a village..." adage, and since becoming a parent, I have very much felt that.  So thank you all for being my village in some very lonely places during this pregnancy!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 08-05-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Aw, all the replies here make me feel so squishy and happy.

This pregnancy has been really hard for me for a lot of reasons.  With my first pregnancy, I was part of MDC, but never posted in my due date club.  I wish I would have...  It has been, quite literally, a lifesaver for me to be able to bitch and moan, and laugh, and sometimes cry over all the goings on in all of your lives.  I've been able to share things that I'm sure no one IRL wants to know or hear about.  How very valuable that has been.

Thank you for the thread Becky, and thank you to all of you mamas who have given me virtual hugs, and educated me, and made me laugh.  I have often wished that we lived in a society that was less separated.  There's the classic, "it takes a village..." adage, and since becoming a parent, I have very much felt that.  So thank you all for being my village in some very lonely places during this pregnancy!

So truly.  And thank you for being so faithful a part of ours!

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

Old 08-05-2011, 07:00 AM

I can just see me now- baby at the boob, in the glow of the computer at 2 am, chatting away with all of you ;)

Old 08-05-2011, 11:27 AM

hah! Definitely! I told dh to NOT forget my laptop when we leave for the hospital because I MUST update my ddc! (he's like, what the hell's a ddc?) lol!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Hahahaha yeah, I'm psyched I got an iPhone for my birthday this year!  I can read/update DDC and not look like a crazy person in my OBGYN's eyes thumb.gif

I am also super glad I joined this group, esp since I don't know too many people in my area (VA and I'm from NY) and even if I was "home" no one I know is having or has had a baby.  Other than family and 2 of my husband's friends...  Who I don't know too well.  So, it's been great to be a part of this!

First time mama!  belly.gif
Old 08-05-2011, 12:31 PM

I am also super glad I joined this group. I have friends who are having kids but I am the only one going the natural midwife route. I get the "you're crazy" remarks a lot. I have found support here from you ladies and just reading your advice, whether directed personally towards me or in response to someone else has been awesome. It has just been nice to have a place to come where I feel like people get me.

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to Jude 08/11, 03/13, 09/13
04/2014 08/2014
Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Midwives seem reasonable to most people around here, but somehow it's the nursing for more than a year and using cloth diapers that get the eyerolls or shock. Very strange to me. I grew up in small town Oklahoma and nursed until I was 3. It's always seemed normal to me. I tell Charlie all the time that he's going to get to breast feed and that it's apparently the best thing ever. People are strange monkeys.

Becky

Married to Dusty

Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 PM

I'm also glad I join in!  I have learned so much from all of you ladies!  And thank you for all the support, encouragement, and kindness!  It is really nice to have other ladies to talk to about all the woes and joys of pregnancy and motherhood.  It has really be a privilege to know all of you!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:

People are strange monkeys.

Yes, this! :D

Funny, here cloth diapers are seen as pretty normal because people understand that they're way cheaper. Midwives (in the hospital) are normal too. Breastfeeding is too, but not past a year or so shrug.gif So random!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:18 PM

I second every thought on this thread (esp people being strange monkeys :-))

My family is overseas, my friends are in different parts of the world, in different phases of life etc. I know they all mean well, but that did not prevent the significant loneliness I felt through out this pregnancy. The way I see it, I did two things right: switching to my MW from OB - realizing how much handholding and compassion I need AND joining this DDC (and getting my handheld and more compassion than I could imagine). Every time I feel like I am the only pregger going through something new, there is a post here to remind me that I am in good company and not alone. This is the first place online I started being comfortable posting and I am so happy I did so.  I got wonderful information, words of advice, fun and lovin stories and the wonderful permission to vent whenever needed. Not sure how I can thank each and everyone of you for every mushy feeling I have right now!

thank you for being here!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Agreed on all counts. I've so appreciated all the warmth and love here...and I've been so needy of that lately.

With all the anxiety I'm going through (I literally just peeled away my big toe nail top...and I just painted it, so that sucks...I never paint my toes. It happens like once ever two years, but I just did, and then, I sit here unconsciously just ripping it to shreds...sigh...beauty is a luxury I don't have the sanity for.) I couldn't have made it without all of you.

Thanks ladies.... I'm hoping to string up that birthing necklace this weekend....if all goes well....

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

I can just see me now- baby at the boob, in the glow of the computer at 2 am, chatting away with all of you ;)

Yep! That is exactly what I do. thumb.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

User Tag List