mamas with babies - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

I have been having this same problem.  My friend who is an LC said that maybe he has already gotten all the milk he wants, and is mad that his "pacifier" keeps spurting out milk! 

Interesting! I am no LC, but I had thought about the same when Eliana for the first time did this on and off wanting to nurse all night long and at the end of the night threw all up. Next time she wanted to nurse like that I just held her and walked...it seemed to calm her for a bit, but she would start screaming again. So, then I gave pacifier (I tried not to, it was before she turned a month..and since she was having latch problem) to see what happens, and she calmed down and went to sleep within few mintues. So, I knew that's what she wanted ...to suck on something but not really nurse.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Beckily, baths here are traumatic. She screams at the top of her lungs until she is dry, clothed, and snuggled. We don't always use soap. I agree: she's not super stinky. Anybody else have trouble with baths, though? Any tips?
 love.gif

Eliana is about 6 weeks and got 2 baths only so far. Mainly I was afraid that she would scream at top of her lungs (she is a pro at this)...so, I nursed her right before and she usually becomes sleepy at breast...so, then we gave her the bath...honestly, first few mintues she hardly noticed. And the only time she cried when we used washclothes...as soon as we poured water she was all quiet again. May be nursing right before will help your baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Have you tried Gripe Water?

My baby has exact same issue...it has decreased a lot, but still sometimes when she passes gas she cries. There were few nights when she was inconsolable due to this (at the time my diet was veryyyyy bad...i ate tons of fried stuffs)...someone suggested I give her Gripe water....but me, I would never give anything unless I get okay from couple of sources. So, I asked her ped about it, and she didn't recommend. She said, there is something in it (ingriedients..) that she doesn't recommend. But I do know tons of ppl who have given this to their colicy babies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Does anyone else have baby fever again already?

Yeap. Me. As crazy as it is caz we are not gonna have more. I had pretty hard time during pregnancy....labor was just crazy...and now, dealing with an infant is even harder and yet last few days I suddenly want another one. It's going to be 12 years that we are married...and it took good 7 years to convince my husband to have a child...and then another good 3 years to have one...(for varities of reasons)...so, both of us deep down know we probably won't have another one..and we are quite fine with this, I was astonished to find myself wanting more! I also don't know wht's wrong with me. 

I'm just so annoyed and greensad.gif greensad.gif  greensad.gif..tomo we are going out to an appt, and in anticipation of that I've been pumping milk so I could take it with me and feed the baby. I am not there yet with NIP. I pumped 2oz on the 2nd, another 2 oz next day and last night another 2oz and all were  put it in the fridge right away (not the freezer section). I read it stays good for 4/5 days?? Tonight I pumped 4 oz, and when I went to take a look the last 3 bottles...I see milk being curdled up!!!! I shaked the bottle and it seemed to go away...but I just couldn't risk it if it's indeed spoiled. But why it looked like this I don't know. So, I threw away 6 oz of milk!!! I'm so bummed about it. She could have 10 oz of milk tomo...and now only 4!! uuggghhh...

And oh, really what's wrong with me????

I was done with pp bleeding on the 28th of last month, exactly a month after baby was born. Since then I had tons of ewcm...but nothing else. Since last night I started to spot and today it seems light period...could this really be period? Or lochia took a break and came back?? Or am I sick?? What on earth is this?? I was so happy I was done with bleeding...and now this!! again, uggghhhhh

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 PM

Oh no! Don't throw the milk away!! It wasnt bad... Any milk (be it cow or human) will separate if it isn't homogenized. When you buy raw cow's milk, for example, the fat comes to the top. It is the same with mama milk! When you go to feed it, you give it a good shake, and it will mix itself back together. I know it doesn't save you now, but in the future, know that breastmilk separates like that... It's still good!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

Old 09-06-2011, 02:16 AM

waaaaaaay too much for me to catch up on, but oh how i weep over the wasted milk. whenever i'm even leaking drops i feel frantic..."my milk, my precious beads of milk..."    

i can't even fathom losing 6 oz.

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Yay! That's what I've been reading, but I wanted someone hear to agree.Sold then! :D Thank you!

Which inserts did you get?

I figured I'd just go all out and do the 24 pack thing that comes with everything.

About the softbums ... we really don't like them! We have 2, and they have not fit well at all, either with the inserts they come with or when used as a cover over prefolds. They didn't fit well when she was under 7lbs, which I expected ... but now she's over 10lb and they still don't fit.

I'd probably not want to commit to 24 of any kind of diaper before trying out a couple! I wanted to love these, but I just don't :(

~SynEpona~
Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Oh no! Don't throw the milk away!! It wasnt bad... Any milk (be it cow or human) will separate if it isn't homogenized. When you buy raw cow's milk, for example, the fat comes to the top. It is the same with mama milk! When you go to feed it, you give it a good shake, and it will mix itself back together. I know it doesn't save you now, but in the future, know that breastmilk separates like that... It's still good!

Exactly! All the fat separates and then will cling to the sides of the bottle or container. It looks really gross but that is what BM does. Just swirl it back together. Once you warm it up again, it will will look completely "normal" again. And it's good in the fridge for a week, about 7-8 days if it is fresh milk. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:29 AM

How does 2 kids on your own work out? I'm terrified for when my mom goes home lol! My DD is 3 and very high needs.....just tell me it works out!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie_bride View Post

How does 2 kids on your own work out? I'm terrified for when my mom goes home lol! My DD is 3 and very high needs.....just tell me it works out!

It works!!  DD will be 3 in a month, so I'm in this boat.  It somehow works.  There's times Finn has to fuss a little so I can wipe DD's tush, or get her a snack, and sometimes she has to hear, "I can't right now, I'm feeding the baby," but for the most part...it's working!

I have 3 weeks and DH leaves for Dallas for 7 days.  I have NO idea how that's going to work, but I'm choosing not to think about it right now.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

It works!!  DD will be 3 in a month, so I'm in this boat.  It somehow works.  There's times Finn has to fuss a little so I can wipe DD's tush, or get her a snack, and sometimes she has to hear, "I can't right now, I'm feeding the baby," but for the most part...it's working!

I have 3 weeks and DH leaves for Dallas for 7 days.  I have NO idea how that's going to work, but I'm choosing not to think about it right now.

LOL, that is what I'm doing. DH leaves next week for a week long business trip and my sitter moves away on Thursday. I'm refusing to think about it. The two girls should be able to sleep in a bed together and then I'll just be stuck with 2y and the baby at night. Crossing fingers.

Back from Dominic's first doc appointment. Granted I did call at 2 weeks but they couldn't get us in until now, he'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. The good news is that I managed to fit into two pair of non-materntity jeans this morning! Not close to my normal size, 2 sizes above it but it is still progress!! Bad news is that my awesome relaxed pedi who never freaks about anything heard a murmur that she didn't like. Not an urgent one, so we have to go in on the 20th to see another doc. Boo. And with no new sitter in sight, I'll probably have to drag my toddler along, I'm sure that will go over well. Testing on baby while chasing him around, really looking forward to that. Guess I should just be happy that I got an appointment before school got out so at least I'll be minus 2 kids. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

About the softbums ... we really don't like them! We have 2, and they have not fit well at all, either with the inserts they come with or when used as a cover over prefolds. They didn't fit well when she was under 7lbs, which I expected ... but now she's over 10lb and they still don't fit.

I'd probably not want to commit to 24 of any kind of diaper before trying out a couple! I wanted to love these, but I just don't :(

I agree about not commiting to 24 of any diaper. Just because they work well for us don't mean they will for everyone. I would buy maybe a couple shells and inserts and see what you think. I have bought so many different kinds just so I wasn't putting all my eggs in one basket. We ended up loving them so now I'm going to make a larger investment in them. Hope that helps!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to Jude 08/11, 03/13, 09/13
04/2014 08/2014
Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 PM

O/T - does anyone want to volunteer to be a back up leader for our Social Group?  I need to name someone as my backup in order to get it started.  Any takers?  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-06-2011, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

O/T - does anyone want to volunteer to be a back up leader for our Social Group?  I need to name someone as my backup in order to get it started.  Any takers?  

I'll do it.

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So I was in the car today, and the radio played a bit from the morning show. 

This lady was talking about how she had gotten an ultrasound and the estimated weight was about 9lbs, and babies gain roughly .5 lbs a week at that point, so she got induced and ended up with a cesarean. The baby was 9 and a half lbs and she was freaking out about it.

Well I gave birth to a 9.5 lb baby vaginally without any problems. It kinda ticked me off.

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 PM

That would make me MAD. A 9.5lb baby is not all that big...

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Today was the first day I left the house since coming home from the hospital Friday evening. DH and I took Gabriel to his first doctor's appointment with our toddler son in tow. A woman in the waiting room started talking to us about how close the boys are in age and how busy we'd be. Then she looked at me and said, "And you're pregnant again!" I burst into tears, cried throughout the appointment, even. The receptionist, nurse and doctor were all so apologetic. I felt like a huge baby. Seriously, I just had an 11 pound baby 6 days ago. Besides, I was in the office with my newborn son. I know the lady was a moron. But I also know that I still look pregnant and am feeling insecure about that. So that was at 10 this morning and I cried off and on all afternoon, so much so that I have a splitting headache. As much as I hated all the comments about my body before DS was born, the postpartum comments hurt the worst. mecry.gif

Old 09-06-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaskye View Post

So I was in the car today, and the radio played a bit from the morning show. 

This lady was talking about how she had gotten an ultrasound and the estimated weight was about 9lbs, and babies gain roughly .5 lbs a week at that point, so she got induced and ended up with a cesarean. The baby was 9 and a half lbs and she was freaking out about it.

Well I gave birth to a 9.5 lb baby vaginally without any problems. It kinda ticked me off.

I kinda feel sad for women who don't trust their bodies to do what our bodies are meant to do.  It makes me realize how in our society birth is viewed not as normal, but as something that needs medical intervention and that it can be really hard to get away from the way media and society portrays/views birth.  I definitely think there is a time and place for medical intervention.

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 09-06-2011, 05:31 PM

i am so sorry, mama. some people just shouldn't open their mouths. hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

Today was the first day I left the house since coming home from the hospital Friday evening. DH and I took Gabriel to his first doctor's appointment with our toddler son in tow. A woman in the waiting room started talking to us about how close the boys are in age and how busy we'd be. Then she looked at me and said, "And you're pregnant again!" I burst into tears, cried throughout the appointment, even. The receptionist, nurse and doctor were all so apologetic. I felt like a huge baby. Seriously, I just had an 11 pound baby 6 days ago. Besides, I was in the office with my newborn son. I know the lady was a moron. But I also know that I still look pregnant and am feeling insecure about that. So that was at 10 this morning and I cried off and on all afternoon, so much so that I have a splitting headache. As much as I hated all the comments about my body before DS was born, the postpartum comments hurt the worst. mecry.gif

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

Old 09-06-2011, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm so sorry, hun. Your beautiful body did such a wonderful job, and it is SUPPOSED to look still pregnant at this point! I agree that it is a total adjustment to go from being round while pregnant to being still round post partum. I'm sorry that this woman did not recognize the power that your body shows in its current state. You brought that beautiful newborn into the world, and now your belly provides the perfect soft nest for your little one to snuggle in. My Anika squishes her fingers into my belly and cuddles up, and while I'm self-conscious of my squishiness, her coziness there makes it feel wonderful, too. There will be time to return to your regular figure, and I hope you can enjoy your powerful mommy-belly and ignore the comments of a rude person. hug.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 09-06-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:

hmm, that really makes me want to tell that lady off....what is it to her what you do in life?? I am sure it hurt to hear her speak even!! grrrrr!!

you can play back  the scene in your head and re-write the ending;

- oh yes, i am preggers again, quadruplets this time - since u are so interested, would you like one?

- do you have a form i can take home to fill out? i was not prepared to answer this many questions..

- no i m not pregnant, what happened to you? seems like you've misplaced your common sense - you sure a pediatrician is the right doc to see for that?

- nope not pregnant, just pushed out an 11 pounder..what have you one w your life?

i m sure there are better ones that i cannot think of right now..

Old 09-06-2011, 06:04 PM

How about, "I just pushed out an 11 pounder. What's your excuse?" Sheepish.gif

vent: The state sent us a letter today stating that we need to get Anika's newborn screening done...AGAIN!!! She has had this traumatic heel-prick done THREE times now, and they keep coming back and saying it's not enough blood. I'm starting to get scared that they found something and want to confirm it. greensad.gif

Oh, and Beckily, your advice to get in the tub and nurse her there is really good. (That was you, right?) I think I'll try that next time we try a non-sponge bath. Thanks!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 09-06-2011, 06:21 PM

NAK. Been reading along, but no energy these days to respond. DS2 will be 6 days old around midnight, and I'm seeing myself coming off the post-birth high and moving into the blues-days. Nursing is going not so great - my nipples are cracked because of latch problems and DS2 is clusterfeeding every day, several times per day. He's only 1 oz below his birth weight now, which is the best news today. Got my staples removed today, but sadly the OB who delivered A was at a delivery so I had to deal with another OB whom I don't know as well and who was in a hurry. Too bad because there are things I need to know about the birth and I don't want to wait till 6-week check-up. Anyway, just wanted to check in. More later. A is rooting once more. Guess 3 1/2 hours of nursing didn't quite cut it. 

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

Old 09-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:

How about, "I just pushed out an 11 pounder. What's your excuse?" Sheepish.gif

vent: The state sent us a letter today stating that we need to get Anika's newborn screening done...AGAIN!!! She has had this traumatic heel-prick done THREE times now, and they keep coming back and saying it's not enough blood. I'm starting to get scared that they found something and want to confirm it. greensad.gif

Oh, and Beckily, your advice to get in the tub and nurse her there is really good. (That was you, right?) I think I'll try that next time we try a non-sponge bath. Thanks!

It was! It helps. This last one - his third? - he didn't need to nurse at all, just laid back and kicked :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:

Uggg... I am so sorry, PP body image is hard enough without dumb people around! I am so over still looking pregnant!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry, hun. Your beautiful body did such a wonderful job, and it is SUPPOSED to look still pregnant at this point! I agree that it is a total adjustment to go from being round while pregnant to being still round post partum. I'm sorry that this woman did not recognize the power that your body shows in its current state. You brought that beautiful newborn into the world, and now your belly provides the perfect soft nest for your little one to snuggle in. My Anika squishes her fingers into my belly and cuddles up, and while I'm self-conscious of my squishiness, her coziness there makes it feel wonderful, too. There will be time to return to your regular figure, and I hope you can enjoy your powerful mommy-belly and ignore the comments of a rude person. hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elove View Post

hmm, that really makes me want to tell that lady off....what is it to her what you do in life?? I am sure it hurt to hear her speak even!! grrrrr!!

you can play back  the scene in your head and re-write the ending;

- oh yes, i am preggers again, quadruplets this time - since u are so interested, would you like one?

- do you have a form i can take home to fill out? i was not prepared to answer this many questions.. <----------this just cracks me up!!! oh my. i am keeping this one.

- no i m not pregnant, what happened to you? seems like you've misplaced your common sense - you sure a pediatrician is the right doc to see for that?

- nope not pregnant, just pushed out an 11 pounder..what have you one w your life?

i m sure there are better ones that i cannot think of right now..

thank you mamas for responding more fully then i could at the moment. alas i am always one-handed...or less. my dream of being "octomama" is certainly resurfacing.

fish...i hear you on the cluster feeding. i just finished a marathon feeding and while y passed out (finally) now i must pump.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:51 PM

Oh my gosh PL!!! My jaw DROPPED when I saw your post. That is awful! And a comment like that is simply said out of meanness. I'm sure that woman knew good and well that you weren't pregnant. It's not possible with such a little baby. I'm guessing she was just trying to be hurtful. Why, I don't know. But that is just a mean person. Grrrrr. I'm hurt for you mama.

I'm sure you know it, but it is VERY normal to still look pregnant at 6 days PP. And it will get less so very soon. It is hard to deal with, but it will go away quickly enough, I promise.

My jaw is still dropped. That is so beyond awful. I am so very sorry you were on the receiving end of such cruelty!!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 PM

oh linda honey, you grew a very large baby! But I do know how much those comments hurt. Try to remind yourself that it's the hormones, and feel confident in that skin that carried your sweet Gabriel! That woman didn't have a clue.

Tear, can you just be really up front about it and say " LISTEN, what the heck is really going on?!" Not enough blood seems like an odd excuse. They do those things ALL THE TIME.

I'm reading mamas, but omg it's been insane! I threw a massive (30people!) party for dd3's 2nd bday (she turned two yesterday) and went all out on the themed stuff...but of course had to MAKE it all. Even all the food. I'm pretty sure I'm insane. I'm exhausted! So I have the party, the mixed emotions from dd3 turning two (born early, NICU 2 weeks etc, hard time) yesterday, and then my oldest started kindy and my second started preschool, at the same time today. Talk about emotions. AND to top it off, it was my FIRST day alone with the kids, and I had to pick up dd1 early because she had to get an ultrasound of her kidneys this afternoon. OY...I need a break and it's only tuesday! The grind begins....

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

Tear, can you just be really up front about it and say " LISTEN, what the heck is really going on?!" Not enough blood seems like an odd excuse. They do those things ALL THE TIME.

I'm reading mamas, but omg it's been insane! I threw a massive (30people!) party for dd3's 2nd bday (she turned two yesterday) and went all out on the themed stuff...but of course had to MAKE it all. Even all the food. I'm pretty sure I'm insane. I'm exhausted! So I have the party, the mixed emotions from dd3 turning two (born early, NICU 2 weeks etc, hard time) yesterday, and then my oldest started kindy and my second started preschool, at the same time today. Talk about emotions. AND to top it off, it was my FIRST day alone with the kids, and I had to pick up dd1 early because she had to get an ultrasound of her kidneys this afternoon. OY...I need a break and it's only tuesday! The grind begins....

bigeyes.gif Good heavens, hon! No wonder you;re tired! Take it easy after all that! hug2.gif Thanks for the support: I'm going to call the number today and demand answers. For the first two she was teeny and getting blood was apparently hard. But we watched the third guy do it: those circles were full! I'm scared. greensad.gif

oh, and elevena, now it's my turn to type one=handed. Anybody ever look at the time stamps on our posts? It's kinda funny'nt. winky.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 AM

PL - shake.gif I'm sorry.  That would have me in tears too!  You are gorgeous -- don't let some idiot's comment ruin how you feel about how strong and capable your body is.  Sometimes when I'm feeling down about my body, I try to remember how amazing it was and what a good job it did growing and birthing my babe.  Sure I look like shit now, but that's only temporary.  That woman will be an idiot forever.

Tear - Idk, I think if something were wrong or one of the genetic disorders flagged you would for certain know about it.  Those diseases are rare but most are fatal, so they'd tell you.  I bet the lab techs are also just idiots.  When we had the genetic testing done we ran into a bunch of morons.  They don't care that there's a mama and a baby attached to those cards.  They don't seem to care much at all about anything but those tiny circles.  Can you have another office or hospital do the heel prick?

Jill - you deserve a huge break after all that!  talk about an emotional roller coaster on top of it all!  Breathe, woman!!

Skye - thanks for volunteering!  you're it!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Amazing how quickly this thread increases in size!!!

I haven't been on for about 7 pages and thats because ds got a high fever of 39.6 and I rushed him to the ER.  He had just turned 3 weeks old. Ds was hospitalized and that meant I was hospitalized with him since we are bf'ing.

It was a very hard time in the ER as the dr explained its dangerous for babies under 2 months old to get fevers this high and they would have to run all sorts of tests including a spinal tap, a blood test, urine test, etc.   They wanted to make sure that he didnt have meningitis. It was awful watching them put in the IV drip and even worse hearing him screaming (they wouldnt let us stay in the room) while they did the spinal tap.

This is our third day and most of the tests have come back negative.While we have been here they have been giving him two different kinds of antibiotics through the IV and will continue for another couple of days even if all the tests come back negative. 

Ds started to get diarrhea which I would think would be from the antibiotics and throwing up a bit so they ordered a stool test and some viral test by squirting saline up his nose and then sucking it out to get fluid from inside the nose.

Frankly, Im so sick of all these tests but I'm so glad that ds is okay and the fever went away yesterday but Im all babied out.  I mean its hard to be in a hospital room with no one to relieve you but for minutes.

I can't wait to get out of here and have ds back home again amongst his siblings.

I guess the most important thing is that he is okay.  I'm rambling ... just happy that the IT department at the hospital finally got the wifi connection to work.

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Hugs, Jennah!!  Oh goodness, poor baby and poor mama.  I'm glad his fever is gone and all seems to be ok now.  I wonder what happened.  Maybe after all that it was a virus?  Still.  Scary.

Do you guys want to go to weekly chats now?  Have we all had our babies?  I wonder how Sara is doing??? Hmm...

AFM - OMG.  I'm definitely NOT having my best mama moments with DD lately.  She is regressing with so much, and being AWFUL and I hate to say that about my bubba, but she is really pushing all my buttons.  Last night before bed we talked about not fighting, and lets not fight anymore, but then just like that today she goes right back to her horrible behavior and I've got no choice but to time out (for my sanity mostly) and I admit in my weaker moments I raise my voice.  

I bet it's normal but she keeps wanting me to carry her around.  She'll collapse on the floor and holler for me MOMMMMYYYY  at the top of her voice, shouting, and when I ask her to please stop and get up, she'll pitch a terrible fit about needing me to pick her up and carry her, her legs are broken, her legs aren't long enough, etc etc.  If I leave her there she carries on.  I've just had enough!!!  

And of course, like I was most worried about, she's regressing with the potty.  3 year old poop is NOT fun.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 AM

oh jennah, that's awful! I'm glad he has his mama to hold him close amidst all that chaos. Keep us informed please!

Tear, please let us know what they say!!!

Carrie, I think that's a good idea.

So, I must look like a crazy lady when I drop my kids at school. I put dd3 in the stroller, ds in the ergo, and have two more hanging on lol, and we don't even have foster kids right now! I am hoping dd1 will get comfortable with me just dropping her at the door soon, so I don't have to unload ALL the kids to take her to class. I love having a small school (about 250 kids from K-12) where everyone knows everyone.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

User Tag List