Baby boy still nameless....need opinions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Baby name help...which do you like?
Calvin (nickname Cal) 14 29.17%
Elliot 18 37.50%
Liam 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 08-09-2011, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Calvin is the clear winner to me.joy.gif

Liam is over-used.

Elliot .... gosh, I've met three girl Elliots recently..... so this has slid into girl name territory.
#32 of 44 Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For some reason I think he looks like a Calvin, so that is what I voted. I have a cousin named Calvin and the whole family likes the name. I do also really like Elliot though and since that is winning right now don't let my Calvin vote sway you. While I do like Liam, I agree about the popularity, I prefer names much higher (less popular) on the SS name list. You could use it as a middle name since it has sentimental value though.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#33 of 44 Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

Elliot .... gosh, I've met three girl Elliots recently..... so this has slid into girl name territory.

Hmm.  I don't think so at all.  headscratch.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#34 of 44 Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Hmm.  I don't think so at all.  headscratch.gif

Maybe its a regional thing. But I found this article for you to show I'm not some madwoman.

http://www.nancy.cc/2010/06/25/elliot-boy-name-or-girl-name/
#35 of 44 Old 08-09-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

Calvin is the clear winner to me.joy.gif

Liam is over-used.

my only daycare girl (I had 3 boys, all J names) was an Elliot. I think it may have been inspired by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Reid#Elliot_Reid

However, in my mind, even knowing a girl Elliot, it's still firmly a boy name!

I love Calvin best of the 3, but it's YOUR baby, your son, your choice!

~SynEpona~
#36 of 44 Old 08-10-2011, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we have to decide by tomorrow when my midwife sends in the paperwork.  I got mastitis so I've been dealing with that and not the name issue.  Sigh.  Hopefully we'll have our answer by then.  We've talked about it so much that I no longer know what to call him.  All the choices are good.  I'll just have to rely on that. 

Thanks for all the feedback.

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#37 of 44 Old 08-10-2011, 04:56 PM

Poke Root!!  Get thee some poke root, Bree.  It'll clear the mastitis up without abx in a day or so.  Have you spiked a fever?  I know it's awful, awful, awful.  Hang in there.  You will get the name business sorted out -- take care of your health first!! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#38 of 44 Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yup...fever of 102.7, but I got it down now...hovering 99.5-100.4.  I feel like I have the flu.  So achy.  My midwife also recommended poke root, but she didn't have any so I need to call around.  Thanks. 

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#39 of 44 Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Yup...fever of 102.7, but I got it down now...hovering 99.5-100.4.  I feel like I have the flu.  So achy.  My midwife also recommended poke root, but she didn't have any so I need to call around.  Thanks. 

Oh, yuck!  I hope you feel better very quickly.  Mastitis is rough.  hug.gif

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#40 of 44 Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Oh I hope you find some soon.  I had to order it, I wish you were local I would just give it to you!!  If you can avoid abx, do so, but I know how crummy it feels to have mastitis.  Hugs.  Keep us posted.

#41 of 44 Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM

My absolute favourite poem ever was written by T.S. Eliot and is called 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock'. Therefore, I have a special weak spot for Elliot. Though, why not name him Elliot Liam Doyle Surname? In my family, we all have three names. One name that is our own, and two second names (which solved the problem of my mum wanting to honour her mum, and my dad wanting to honour his, and also the problem of having a unique first name...).

#42 of 44 Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesong View Post

My absolute favourite poem ever was written by T.S. Eliot and is called 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock'. Therefore, I have a special weak spot for Elliot. Though, why not name him Elliot Liam Doyle Surname? In my family, we all have three names. One name that is our own, and two second names (which solved the problem of my mum wanting to honour her mum, and my dad wanting to honour his, and also the problem of having a unique first name...).

I'll have to go read it.  Thanks.

#43 of 44 Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

I found some Poke Root so hopefully that will speed the recovery though I'm feeling loads better already with the other herbs she had recommended along with lots of water, rest, and nursing.  My fever has been gone for over 24 hrs now.  Woo hoo!  Boob is still red and hard in one spot, but definitely not quite as sore as it was before. 

Now if we could just name this little guy, I'd have almost no stress.  He's a wonderful baby.  Love him!

#44 of 44 Old 08-12-2011, 06:51 AM

Glad you found the Poke Root.  It is powerful stuff and should really have you feeling back to normal soon -- especially in conjunction with rest and continued nursing.  You will chose the perfect name for your son, Bree, I have no doubt.  I can't wait to hear what you choose!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page