Imprint is having her babies (Update from Mama on post # 23 - babies ARE here) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just got a text from Julie/Imprint to say that they confirmed at 1pm that her waters did break at 6am this morning. She is at the hospital and still waiting for labor to start on its own. She is really hoping to avoid pitocin, but the contractions will need to start soon.

Will update as soon as I have more news.

GL Julie, so excited to see these babies arrive safe and sound.

Update at 6:45 from Julie by text

Got another text from Julie to say they are about to start pitocin.

Another text from Julie at 3:30am

Text says "Going to OR to deliver, shortly. Little is expected, but still some good things, and still really glad of my choice of o.b. Doing okay. - Julie"

As soon as I know more I'll be sure to update you all on here.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#2 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 02:21 PM

Hurray! I hope those contractions start for her!!

#3 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 02:36 PM

Good luck, Julie!!!  I'm so excited for you!!  I really am hoping you get the birth you want without any drugs -- ELVs for you regardless!! goodvibes.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Yay! Hope everything goes smoothly for her and the babies!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#5 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 03:09 PM

Hope the contractions start soon on their own!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#6 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Thinking of you and your little ones, Imprint! 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#7 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Good luck!  I hope everything turns out the way you want it to! 

#8 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Easy, peaceful birthing vibes!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#9 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Oh Imprint, SO much love to you mama.  I hope hope hope that labor starts on it's own here very soon, but if not, it WILL be okay!  You are strong and capable.  Part of our strength as mothers is not our ability to stick to the plan, but our ability to roll with things and come out on top when the plan (inevitably) goes so differently than we'd prefer.  Your calm, patience, and caring have been obvious to all us ladies on the board, and I think no matter what happens today, you'll handle this birth with that same beautiful attitude.  Much love to you mama, and happy birthing vibes!!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#10 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Hopefully the pitocin kicks things into gear quickly and things just take off from there!  Thinking of you, sweetie!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#11 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 05:03 PM

i hope the  pitocin is working as it should and getting things going for you! Sending you all best wishes and cant wait to see the twins on each arm!

#12 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Oh Imprint, SO much love to you mama.  I hope hope hope that labor starts on it's own here very soon, but if not, it WILL be okay!  You are strong and capable.  Part of our strength as mothers is not our ability to stick to the plan, but our ability to roll with things and come out on top when the plan (inevitably) goes so differently than we'd prefer.  Your calm, patience, and caring have been obvious to all us ladies on the board, and I think no matter what happens today, you'll handle this birth with that same beautiful attitude.  Much love to you mama, and happy birthing vibes!!!

yeahthat.gif  hoping you have a wonderful birthing experience.  Can't wait to "meet" the twins!

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#13 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Italiamom is so wise.  ELVs headed your way!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#14 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 PM

Imprint, good labor vibes to you! goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif

Even if the pitocin is not the way you planned to go, it doesn't make you less of a mother if you need it to go into labor or give birth. You'll still be a great mom!

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#15 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 PM

((twins.gif)) Soon they will be in your arms!!!!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#16 of 51 Old 08-07-2011, 08:13 PM

goodvibes.gifI can't wait to hear the good news!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#17 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
joy.gifjoy.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#18 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 AM

Glad she's doing okay even though she didn't get what she planned.  Can't wait to hear more!  Congrats Julie!

#19 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Imprint, I'm wishing you all the best! Soon you'll be holding both babes in your arms. joy.gif

#20 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 AM

grouphug.gif Sending strength, love, and hugs right to you, Julie!  Praying for a healthy babies and a healthy, happy mama. praying.gif  

#21 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 07:06 AM

Thinking of you.... joy.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#22 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 AM

Hang in there Imprint! Almost done and with healthy bebes and healthy mother - is my wish that I am sending to universe for you.

#23 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 AM

My whole update just vanished.... so I'll re-write it, later.  - With photos, which I don't have easily available, now!  smile.gif

My phone died many hours ago, and I was not able to charge it, so I couldn't update Lyn.  (Using a computer, up till now?  Unthinkable!)

Our twins arrived at 4:40 and 4:46, this morning, respectively.  They're thriving, beautiful to my eyes, with lots of dark hair and amazingly good latches!  Oliver Ames weighed 5 lb., 15 oz.; Lydia Elena, 6 lb., 3 oz.

I lost a lot of blood, but am finally stable and about to be released from recovery.  My blood pressures seem to be coming down to something high but not terrifying.  Much did not go as planned, yet I feel like an amazing amount of what I really cared about was salvaged, given the circumstances.  More on all of that, later - but we're a very happy, very sleepy family of four, now.  And my husband seems so proud.

Thank you, all of you, for your good wishes.  Michelle, and those who echoed her: I specially and deeply appreciate the wisdom and kindness of your comments.  

Wishing all of you well, with big hugs....  grouphug.gif

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#24 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 AM

YAY!!! SAFELY DELIVERED TWINS!!!! twins.gif Ah sweet lady....I'm so over the moon for you....completely! Congratulations...be well...enjoy.
joy.gif

#25 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats Imprint!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#26 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 AM

WAY TO GO MAMA! Big, huge congrats and warm warm welcome to your twins!!! This just made my day. You are one strong, level headed lady I am at awe! 

Rest well, enjoy every moment with them and I look soo forward to hearing how they are doing in the near future!

yay!!!

#27 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Welcome Oliver and Lydia!!!  Your mama is amazing!  

Julie - Rest, recover and love on those babies!  Congratulations to you and your family!!

#28 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 AM

Great news! Congratulations and welcome Oliver and Lydia! joy.gif

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#29 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Many, many congratulations extended for healthy babies! Once you're rested, I look forward to seeing pics and reading your amazing story. Hugs, mama!!!

#30 of 51 Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 AM

Yay! I can't wait to see pics smile.gif

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page