Rant- If I could pick the day of birth! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today we had our home-visit with our midwives. I'd tell you how far along we are, but it's debatable (somewhere around 36+4 and 37+1) & doesn't much matter I suppose, as baby is both healthy & not here yet.

I had them check me, & they say I'm 40% effaced & 2 cm dilated. Partly I feel good about this, because when I checked myself yesterday I had guessed about 2 cm. Still, they don't expect baby to arrive for another 2 weeks or so. I doubt she'll wait that long, I've been so crampy & uncomfortable. I swear baby is trying to shove her fists through my cervix, or head-butting the "door".

Yesterday morning I was dreaming that I was sitting on the toilet, talking on the phone to my MW & was in labor. When I woke up I was crampy & then had diarhea. I super-woman cleaned the house yesterday (i.e, totally over-did) & was sure we were gonna have a baby last night: 2/3 didn't stop the BH or ctx or whatever they were. I was nauseous with each tightening, ate something= still there. Showered= still there. Finally I went to bed & they quit. With DD1, who came at 40 weeks+6 days, I was only 80% effaced & 4 cm dilated when we were admitted to the birth center. Two more weeks with this one? Seriously? I'm so grumpy, I bet my DH & the rest of the world prays to God it's not that long, lol.    

But the part where I wish I could pick the day to have her is this:

1.) my mom doesn't get back from an out-of-state trip til day after tomorrow, Wednesday. I really want her here to watch DD1.

2.) DH's family leaves town Thursday- til the 15th. Would be awful convenient if they were out-of-town & I didn't have to worry about them showing up on the doorstep while I'm in labor. We don't plan on calling them til after the baby arrives anyways.

3.) MW's assistant leaves for an out-of-state trip Saturday- til the 20th. I really have connected with her & want her at the birth, although if she's gone the MW has a back-up person to come assist.

So i vote baby Zoey comes Friday. I figure I can keep the house spot-less til then, we did our bellycast today, & plan to get groceries tomorrow. So that leaves a few days to decorate the bellycast & finish a few sewing projects. Good then, it's a plan. Now can somebody let this baby know?Zoey, 3-d

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

#2 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM

Look at that cutie pie!!!  Ugh, I don't know how you guys do it after seeing the 3D scans.  I would be going LOOPY if I really knew what this boy looked like inside my belly.

MM - I HEAR you.  This prodromal labor is for the birds.  

If I could pick the day this baby comes, I would pick any day this week or next, just please, please in the daytime.  I want labor to start early enough that I have enough time to get him out before the middle of the night.  I don't want DD spending the night at grandmas, and it's just giving me so much anxiety.  If I could pick the time of day, I would say - ctx start early, 7-8 am.  Start really getting going by 10 am, we call gma and she comes to get Nora.  They go, mw's arrive, I'm able to really get into a great pattern and labor for a few hours before hitting transition.  Lets say by 3 pm.  Pushing by 4.  Baby is here by 4:30 or 5 pm.  Clean up, nurse him, cuddle up, spend a little time just us, and then DD comes home.

Sigh.  Can you tell I've been planning this in my head?  How can I get this memo to baby boy? 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#3 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Lol. I'm so glad you & I have all this planned out thumb.gif Wouldn't it be great if we could have exactly what we want?! Definitely gotta put our heads together to figure a way to convey our wishes to the babes. For me, I'd like to start early labor about the time DH gets home from work on swing shift, 11 pm-ish, we can put DD1 to bed together, labor through the night (I made the most gorgeous candle holders out of old silver spoons, have tons of twinkle Christmas lights decorating the birth space in our bathroom & bedroom, & I dream of listening for the train that's near our house while I'm in labor- weird I know but everywhere we've lived we've been near train tracks & it's just special to me) DD1 would sleep through the night & wake up in the morning just as her baby sister arrives.

Dear God, I can't wait another two weeks to hold this baby! She means SO much, after an early miscarriage & through this pregnancy I've been doing alot of counseling & working to heal alot of inner turmoil & years of bad choices & the resulting soul-scars. Zoey means "abundant life", it's so perfect.

& thanks, isn't she just the most precious thing EVER?! i tried to upload our 3-d video they gave us where you can SEE her opening her eyes! but i couldn't make it work.

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

#4 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 02:37 PM

dust.gifListen to your mamas babies!!!

#5 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

dust.gifListen to your mamas babies!!!

YES!!!   PLEASE!!!

If I could pick the day, it would be today.  Right now.  This very minute.  I would finish my post, stand up, and have a tremendous contraction.  And then I would practically die of happiness before commanding DH to set up my tub.

I hate this.  I am so done.  Done done done miserable done.  And I'm an end of August'er.  BAH humbug.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#6 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 PM

OK since we're dreaming of our perfect timing here's mine.

Labor starts after a few hours of sleep, so about midnight. We have a few hours to build up before we have to call the midwife, and then baby is born by about 6am. This gives us time with the new baby and for me to get cleaned up etc before DS wakes up between 7:30 & 8am. The ideal date would be August 20th as that is exactly a week after my birthday and a week before our anniversary. I want it overnight so we don't have to have someone here to look after DS, as overnight he will most likely sleep through the whole thing. Actually my absolute ideal would be a very quick transition/second stage where the midwife doesn't arrive until after the baby is born, as she is almost an hour away, but I know DH isn't ready for UC yet.

So if you are listening baby that's mama's plan and I'd really like your cooperation on it. praying.gif

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#7 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

This week is out for me because my mother is out of town and I'd really like her to be here to wrangle DD so DD can be in the room with us. They'll be back the 12th, but then we have DF's son this weekend and I DO NOT want to go into labor with him here, so Malcolm will have to have to hold out for a little longer. Then the week of the 15th is the County fair, and I'd love to go see the animals, and DF needs to be at work as much as possible during the week, because he's a contract worker and won't get paid if he isn't there (and we had an unexpected financial crisis. Poo.) So really the night of the 18th would be great. DF could work that day, labor could be in the middle of the night (if not we'll definitely run into some traffic. I can just imagine jumping out of the car and pacing through contractions along the side of Barbur Blvd, waiting for traffic to move). I've obviously got this all planned out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

So if you are listening baby that's mama's plan and I'd really like your cooperation on it. praying.gif

yeahthat.gif

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#8 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 PM

This Thursday would be great! Late enough that DD1 can go to school Thursday morning, then have a three day weekend and hopefully re-coop and get back to school Monday. I really don;t want her to miss too much, she just started and getting out of the routine will be killer on everyone! Plus DH could take two days off this week and stay home next week and hopefully that would be plenty of time for us to get things in order before he goes back to work.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#9 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Um...I would like to go into labor RIGHT NOW!  I'm at 41 weeks, going crazy waiting to meet my first child, and facing an induction Friday if I don't go into labor before that. 

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#10 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

Um...I would like to go into labor RIGHT NOW!

I agree. For some reason I decided to take a nap from like 5-8 so I'm going to be up all night anyways. Plus I reallly wanna meet my baby already!

Riley! joy.gifbelly.gifexpecting my first daughterbabyf.gif August 2011!  ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***baby.gif

#11 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 07:53 PM

I agree that August 8th is a great birthday. I had to leave work early today because I was just too emotionally drained to even sit in front of my computer and pretend to work. Is it sad that one of the reasons I want the baby to come now is that I don't want to work anymore? hide.gif

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#12 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post
Is it sad that one of the reasons I want the baby to come now is that I don't want to work anymore? hide.gif

No! I was trimming my fingernails today and actually had the thought "I hope I don't have to do this again until Malcolm comes." Trimming my fingernails.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#13 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

No! I was trimming my fingernails today and actually had the thought "I hope I don't have to do this again until Malcolm comes." Trimming my fingernails.

I thought the same thing about shaving my legs. lol.

Riley! joy.gifbelly.gifexpecting my first daughterbabyf.gif August 2011!  ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***baby.gif

#14 of 19 Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyAnn View Post

I thought the same thing about shaving my legs. lol.

I gave up doing that a bit ago ;) Bah, I say!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#15 of 19 Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM

I'll tell you what put me into labor with my first... when i stopped shaving. As soon as that hair got a little fuzzy, boom, baby was born....

I wanted the baby to come yesterday or today. Tomorrow - the 14th is out! I have a doula and a student doula. The student doula told me months ago that she was going out of town the 10-14th. Then my doula called me yesterday and said her dad is having heart surgery, so she too is going out of town the 10-14th. She has some awesome back up ladies, and I get my pick of them, but I want her... lol.

AND... my FIL is in ICU and we were told on Sunday he had 24-48 hours to live. Then yesterday he made some improvement, then today its back down hill. I kinda need to know whats going on with him before this baby comes.

SO... TODAY, RIGHT NOW... or after the 14th baby. But not allowed to be late, so before the 18th (well, the 19th is FILs birthday, so you are allowed to come then)

Lisa ~ Wife to Stephen caffix.gif (5/23/04) ~ Mama to Lincoln Barneswave.gif (10/10/07), Gabriel Normanbabyf.gif(12/8/09)  and Ella Louisette baby.gif(8/14/2011)~ CMP angel.gif (12/8/08 at 8.6 weeks).

#16 of 19 Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 AM

So sorry to hear about your FIL, Lisa. hug2.gif

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#17 of 19 Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 PM

I would have to go to the fridge and compare DHs work schedule along with me & the girl's....and well I just don't want to do that right now. What I do know is that I don't want to miss my BIL's wedding on Sept.1st. I missed my last BIL's wedding when I had DD2 the day before.
#18 of 19 Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM

I've been hoping the baby would come ASAP so I can stop working and not feel guily too...  Last night I cut my toenails and thought to myself, I'll never do this alone again (in a way)! As for shaving my legs... Hahaha not worth the shooting pains of bending over!  Although I really do want to defuzz...  It would make me a little cooler!

First time mama!  belly.gif
#19 of 19 Old 08-10-2011, 04:36 PM

I am so glad I'm not the only one who has been trying to convince baby that this is the most convenient week!  orngbiggrin.gif

1. DH's work schedule is the most flexible this week.

2. The MW I want is on call.

3. My sister has time off so she can watch DS1.

4. I'm already 38 weeks- isn't that enough?! winky.gif

BUT...

1. DH is in charge of a conference on my due date (and the day after)

2. The MW I DON'T like is on call the week of my due date.

3. School starts the week of my due date so my back-up baby-sitters (for DS1) won't be available.

So I will probably be one of the 5% of women who actually give birth on their due date!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page