Chit Chat Thread!! 8/8 - 8-15 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I say cancel dinner, too, Italiamom!  She really does sound irritating.  lol

Ok, I really need to know how much EPO to take.  And do I take it orally or vaginally, or both?  I bought a bottle tonight and I want to get started using it ASAP.  Tomorrow is Marc's grandmother's 93rd birthday, so I'm aiming to give her the best birthday present ever!  orngbiggrin.gif

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#62 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

You can do both.  I take 2000 mg orally and I think tonight I may start doing it vaginally as well.  Just do it right before bed and wear a liner at least b/c the oil may leak out.

Lets get these babies moving!!  LOL!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#63 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Michelle, I agree with everyone else, this woman sounds like too much work. Just cancel and go have the food you want with your DH, like a last date before the new baby arrives.

Jessica, I'm taking 1000mg 3x a day, but I started at 37 weeks (Tuesday) so it can build up in my system. At this point for you I think I'd take it both ways, or you could just have lots of sex with DH instead of the vaginal EPO, as they both do the same thing. DH still says it was the sex that sent me into labor last time (and nothing to do with the contractions I'd been having on and off for the previous 48 hours) as my waters broke then labor started just a few hours after sex.

I also got on with the diaper sewing this afternoon, and I'm about 1/3 of the way through the fitteds, so if I do a bit more tomorrow and Friday I might even have them finished by the weekend.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#64 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

You can do both.  I take 2000 mg orally and I think tonight I may start doing it vaginally as well.  Just do it right before bed and wear a liner at least b/c the oil may leak out.

Lets get these babies moving!!  LOL!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

Jessica, I'm taking 1000mg 3x a day, but I started at 37 weeks (Tuesday) so it can build up in my system. At this point for you I think I'd take it both ways, or you could just have lots of sex with DH instead of the vaginal EPO, as they both do the same thing. DH still says it was the sex that sent me into labor last time (and nothing to do with the contractions I'd been having on and off for the previous 48 hours) as my waters broke then labor started just a few hours after sex.

We've been trying to have sex at least once per day.  Marc certainly isn't complaining!  lol.gif  I just figured adding EPO wouldn't hurt.  I guess I'll use it orally and only add the vaginal dose if we don't have a chance for sex.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#65 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 PM

One more question.  Do I take it all at once, or a few times throughout the day?

#66 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Carrie - I have also been doing nothing but eating!!! Eating, eating, eating! LOL. That spinach artichoke dip sounds delicious. DP and his friend made some pesto on Sunday night and I've been taking frozen garlic texas toasts and cooking them with pesto and feta and I am telling you it is AMAZING. It takes five minutes to bake. And, SO YUMMY!! Food is the only comfort I think.

My due date was yesterday and I don't think I have had one single contraction yet. And, PEOPLE keep asking . . . I am getting so bored waiting for this baby!

Italiamom - Good luck with dinner. Hope she has some great baby shower gifts to give you at least  . . .

Jessica - I also started the EPO. 500 mg the first day, 1000 the second day and today I'm taking 3000 mg.

I asked the doctor at my last appointment yesterday how much EPO I could take, he responded by laughing and said, "nothing herbal works." I really, really hope he not present at the birth. DP and I have been calling him "the troll" ever since. He did a cervical exam and said he couldn't feel my cervix past the baby's head. (???) Does that make any sense?? I mean he is barely five feet tall and I am pretty tall, so I guess he must have some very short fingers, but still???

Not to be mean, but if I don't laugh about it, I might instead have an emotional meltdown which feels like an actual possibility lately, know what I mean?

Katie Mae belly.gifMama to DD1 08/11 and expecting stork-suprise.gif03/14
Momma to three cat.gif

#67 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

I say take it a few times thru out.  That's what I do.  And remember prostaglandins are supposed to be better if ingested instead of applied -- or so I've heard, lol!

Way to knock out those diapers, Lyn!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#68 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemaeeee View Post

Carrie - I have also been doing nothing but eating!!! Eating, eating, eating! LOL. That spinach artichoke dip sounds delicious. DP and his friend made some pesto on Sunday night and I've been taking frozen garlic texas toasts and cooking them with pesto and feta and I am telling you it is AMAZING. It takes five minutes to bake. And, SO YUMMY!! Food is the only comfort I think.

Have you ever tried pesto french toast?  Lemme see if I can find the link...

http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2011/01/basil-pesto-french-toast.html

Food is my only coping mechanism right now.  I have chocolate and marshmallow but no graham crackers, so I just keep eating the components!  lol.gif

#69 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Awesome.  Thanks for the info!  I'll take 500 tonight and then take it a few times tomorrow and thereafter.

#70 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 06:52 PM

Carrie -- I am eating now too.  In a serious way, I can't stop.  I've just given up at this point, I'm so miserable.  Food is ALL I HAVE.

Lyn -- Yay on the diaper sewing!!  I did absolutely nothing productive today.  Unless you count eating 6 chocolate chip cookies as productive.  Kudos to you mama!!

Jessica -- So very, very sorry about the contractions.  I'd agree with others that if your DH is making, a, er, deposit each night, that the EPO vaginally isn't necessary.  And quite frankly, I think vaginal EPO is gross.  I so much more prefer the man version ROTFLMAO.gif

KatieMae -- I'm sorry about that OB.  He sounds like a, well, a not very nice person who rhymes with sick.

And thanks for weighing in everyone on the "friend" front.  Part of me feels like I should just go to the restaurant that she wants and be grateful.  It's a free meal.  It's not like it's bad food by any means.  It's just...  I'm 38 weeks pregnant.  I don't really want to go anywhere.  I want to sit in my house and eat cookies and beg my baby to please save me from my misery.  The restaurant that was my *first* choice has amazing fried chicken (locally raised, organic), and this banana caramel pie with a pecan toffee crust that's smothered in freshly whipped cream and praline pieces.  MAMA IS PREGNANT.  MAMA WANTS FRIED CHICKEN AND PIE.  I would happily leave my house for the fried chicken and pie.  Leaving my house for Thai food, however fantastic, is kind of... meh.  I should be grateful but...  I am disappointed that I won't be eating pie and fried chicken.  Have I mentioned the fried chicken and pie?

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#71 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM

It's not labor dip, but if anyone likes country music at all...one of my girlfriends had her water break after a Jason Aldean concert, I was so jealous and decided to listen to his music all morning on youtube. I went into labor by lunch...just sayin' whistling.gif I recommend Laughed until we Cried, Dirt Road Anthem, and The Truth.

Jessica I hope the epo gets you going. You must be exhausted greensad.gif

Sara, sorry about your job mama. I actually was laid off right before i  had my baby too. I got a letter and a bonus check on Friday saying I was getting rewarded for my excellent quality, and then the next Tuesday, they let me go. I had a good cry and I am still thinking about our budget, but I really think this is a blessing in disguise for our family. I have so much stress that has just left my body. I am able to enjoy my baby without thinking about work. I hope your situation turns out to be a good thing for your family too. Maybe you can take time to enjoy buttercup and then an even better job will come along!

Michelle, I've had it with your "friend" and I'm only dealing with it through here! Seriously, everything is about her and that is the last thing you need right now. You need to concentrate on YOU.

Lynn that is awesome you are rocking out the dipes! You'll have to post some pictures when you are done.

afm I have had a rough couple of days. I posted earlier about how I opened my incision, so I was in a lot of pain from that. I am really upset, really really, that they took my staples out at 2 days. That just seems so wrong to me. It hurt so much when they took them out it was obvious it was too early. I really wish I had the courage to have yelled "Leave them in!!"

It was two CNAs doing it and one of them even left the room to go get a nurse because it was bad. So my mom practically tied me to the couch and wouldn't let me do anything yesterday. My steri strips were starting to curl on the ends and get a little loose, so I decided I would take them off and put new ones on. I was peeling them off one by one and trying not to cry from the gnarly looks of my scar (staples out at two days does not a pretty scar make) and guess what I see? TWO F-ING STAPLES STILL IN ME!! WHAT THE F*CK??

I am so mad and hurt. I was so upset that they took them out so early, I am paying for them taking them out so early in both pain and appearance, and now I find out they didn't even get them all? It's crap.

My friend who is a doctor came over last night and took them out for me. She was pretty baffled because they were not hidden or anything. Smack dab in the middle, plain sight. Coincidentally, that is the only place on the scar that looks good...

One of the nurses from my Dr's office called to check on me today since the incision popped open and I told her about it. Then I also got a phone call from the hospital to take a survey about my experience. At the end I was able to leave comments and request that someone call me to further discuss my experience. Not that it really matters, but it makes me feel better to tell someone. I want to go to my pp appt and tell MY doctor. I don't know, I just imagine that he'll crack some heads for me. He took such good care of me the whole time and the nurses at the hospital were so good. It just pisses me off that it is all clouded by the on call Dr who couldn't give two sh!ts and the incompetent CNAs on the last morning.

Thanks for reading, and sorry I'm swearing. I don't ever do that dizzy.gif

#72 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

It's not labor dip, but if anyone likes country music at all...one of my girlfriends had her water break after a Jason Aldean concert, I was so jealous and decided to listen to his music all morning on youtube. I went into labor by lunch...just sayin' whistling.gif I recommend Laughed until we Cried, Dirt Road Anthem, and The Truth.

Hasn't been working for me so far. Maybe it's gotta be a Jason Aldean marathon, then... Hmm

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#73 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Carrie -- I am eating now too.  In a serious way, I can't stop.  I've just given up at this point, I'm so miserable.  Food is ALL I HAVE.

Lyn -- Yay on the diaper sewing!!  I did absolutely nothing productive today.  Unless you count eating 6 chocolate chip cookies as productive.  Kudos to you mama!!

Jessica -- So very, very sorry about the contractions.  I'd agree with others that if your DH is making, a, er, deposit each night, that the EPO vaginally isn't necessary.  And quite frankly, I think vaginal EPO is gross.  I so much more prefer the man version ROTFLMAO.gif

KatieMae -- I'm sorry about that OB.  He sounds like a, well, a not very nice person who rhymes with sick.

And thanks for weighing in everyone on the "friend" front.  Part of me feels like I should just go to the restaurant that she wants and be grateful.  It's a free meal.  It's not like it's bad food by any means.  It's just...  I'm 38 weeks pregnant.  I don't really want to go anywhere.  I want to sit in my house and eat cookies and beg my baby to please save me from my misery.  The restaurant that was my *first* choice has amazing fried chicken (locally raised, organic), and this banana caramel pie with a pecan toffee crust that's smothered in freshly whipped cream and praline pieces.  MAMA IS PREGNANT.  MAMA WANTS FRIED CHICKEN AND PIE.  I would happily leave my house for the fried chicken and pie.  Leaving my house for Thai food, however fantastic, is kind of... meh.  I should be grateful but...  I am disappointed that I won't be eating pie and fried chicken.  Have I mentioned the fried chicken and pie?

Well...I'm partial to Thai food, so I'd be all over a free Thai meal, but I have to say that the fried chicken and pie sounds...yeah...totally amazing...and now, I'm not going to be able to be happy until I make some pie and fried chicken. seriously. I WILL make a peach pie and fried chicken by sundown tomorrow! Big hugs mama....can you just sweetly call her and say "hey...I have this crazy pregnant woman request...I'm totally craving chicken and pie, could we maybe go to the choice one restaurant instead just to humor my kill or be killed craving???" hug.gif
Just a thought...but honesty might get you your chicken...and then, she will sort of have to comply...I mean, we are talking CRAVINGS here, and they are not rational. But...they are law. I totally want that pie....banana caramel pie with pecan toffee crust...oh god. peach pie could never be so good. WAH!!!!!

Quote:

Jessica I hope the epo gets you going. You must be exhausted greensad.gif

Sara, sorry about your job mama. I actually was laid off right before i  had my baby too. I got a letter and a bonus check on Friday saying I was getting rewarded for my excellent quality, and then the next Tuesday, they let me go. I had a good cry and I am still thinking about our budget, but I really think this is a blessing in disguise for our family. I have so much stress that has just left my body. I am able to enjoy my baby without thinking about work. I hope your situation turns out to be a good thing for your family too. Maybe you can take time to enjoy buttercup and then an even better job will come along!

Michelle, I've had it with your "friend" and I'm only dealing with it through here! Seriously, everything is about her and that is the last thing you need right now. You need to concentrate on YOU.

Lynn that is awesome you are rocking out the dipes! You'll have to post some pictures when you are done.

afm I have had a rough couple of days. I posted earlier about how I opened my incision, so I was in a lot of pain from that. I am really upset, really really, that they took my staples out at 2 days. That just seems so wrong to me. It hurt so much when they took them out it was obvious it was too early. I really wish I had the courage to have yelled "Leave them in!!"

It was two CNAs doing it and one of them even left the room to go get a nurse because it was bad. So my mom practically tied me to the couch and wouldn't let me do anything yesterday. My steri strips were starting to curl on the ends and get a little loose, so I decided I would take them off and put new ones on. I was peeling them off one by one and trying not to cry from the gnarly looks of my scar (staples out at two days does not a pretty scar make) and guess what I see? TWO F-ING STAPLES STILL IN ME!! WHAT THE F*CK??

I am so mad and hurt. I was so upset that they took them out so early, I am paying for them taking them out so early in both pain and appearance, and now I find out they didn't even get them all? It's crap.

My friend who is a doctor came over last night and took them out for me. She was pretty baffled because they were not hidden or anything. Smack dab in the middle, plain sight. Coincidentally, that is the only place on the scar that looks good...

One of the nurses from my Dr's office called to check on me today since the incision popped open and I told her about it. Then I also got a phone call from the hospital to take a survey about my experience. At the end I was able to leave comments and request that someone call me to further discuss my experience. Not that it really matters, but it makes me feel better to tell someone. I want to go to my pp appt and tell MY doctor. I don't know, I just imagine that he'll crack some heads for me. He took such good care of me the whole time and the nurses at the hospital were so good. It just pisses me off that it is all clouded by the on call Dr who couldn't give two sh!ts and the incompetent CNAs on the last morning.

I am totally trying to go with the blessing in disguise thing.
I did not get the computer done today as all the boys begged for "one more day" to finish...uh...whatever it was they were doing. So, it will come down tomorrow...which is why I'm checking in here now. But....tomorrow...yes...tomorrow....it shall be done.

Went to the midwife tonight. Cervix is so high she practically had to shove her whole freaking HAND in there to reach it....and all for nothing as NOTHING is happening up there. High, thick and 1 cm....which is nothing as I am always 1 cm as I've had tons of children. She talked about her one worry..."oh really...you have ONE worry??? besides the worry of me being fat??? do tell..." Her one worry is about hemorrhage. Oh yeah...well...that's one of my worries as well. Apparently, us multi mama's have a tendency to bleed. And bleed. So she discussed what would occur should that happen. I'm glad she's thinking about it. I told her to make sure her home birth kit was ready as well, because it IS possible that this little girl will come faster than I can get there. She thanked me for the warning.... She suggested I buy some depends....she likes them best for heavy bleeders. like me.

I'm scared ladies. Honestly. I am really very afraid. Having bled to death before....I'd rather not do it again. I want to raise this little girl...my boys...I want to spend a long life with my husband. I don't want to bleed to death. I don't want to lose my baby. I'm really afraid.

I hate this new me that lives in fear.

I liked the me that was so confident and sure of herself.

I want her back.

I want ME back.

maybe....maybe if this birth goes well....maybe I'll find her again.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#74 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:

You need to complain to as many people as you can. It's crazy to take out staples that soon. That is not a papercut! They endangered you for no reason and it's not okay. I hope heads do get cracked. Listen to your mother, hold still and heal.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#75 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Real quick - had my midwife appointment today and my cervix is up front, 3.5 dilated (she could feel the bag of waters!) but only about 60% effaced. Not particularly soft, she said. DF and I have been DTD every night the last two or so weeks, so I was a little surprised by that, Sheepish.gif. But I do feel good about it. I feel like he's gonna stay put for another week or two at least, but my body is doing what it needs to, so hooray! I noticed, after all my complaining, that if I have a night without prodromal labor it bums me out. I feel better having it, even though it hurts. It just makes things feel closer.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#76 of 197 Old 08-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Agatha Ann -- PREACH it to your doctor.  My god, two days.  I'm mad and they're not my staples.  And leaving some in and others out is just sloppy.  They're lucky they don't have a lawsuit.

EB, do you want me to send you some hemorrhage tincture that I made?  I would be happy to send it, if it will make you feel better.  It has been steeping in my fermenting cupboard for many weeks now, and I have more than I will ever possibly need.  It was made with love, by hand.  If you would like it, just PM me, and I will mail it off on Monday when DH gets paid.  FWIW, I don't think that you will hemorrhage this time.  This is a different birth, a NEW birth.  This is a birth not already preceded by death...  It is simply the birth of a new life.  And you may be many times a mother, but you are a first time mother to this girl.  This pregnancy is a first in a lot of ways.  It is new and beautiful.  Also, peach pie sounds just as amazing to me as the banana caramel pie.  My grandma used to make peach pie...  It was one of my favorites that she made.  With homemade vanilla ice cream in their hand-crank ice cream maker.  The ancient one that was cast iron and wood.  I would take the peach pie any day orngbiggrin.gif

We had flank steak tacos tonight.  I hand make the tacos in my cast iron skillet, DH grilled the flank steak and then we chopped it up and tossed it with cumin and chilli, and topped it with fresh cilantro and onions and some lime sauce that I make.  I even snuck a few sips of DH's beer.  The best part?  I found the steak in the freezer!  And I already had all the fixings for making the tortillas and sauce.  Today it only cost us the limes, the cilantro, and the onion -- less than $3.  Which makes me very happy!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#77 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

Real quick - had my midwife appointment today and my cervix is up front, 3.5 dilated (she could feel the bag of waters!) but only about 60% effaced. Not particularly soft, she said. DF and I have been DTD every night the last two or so weeks, so I was a little surprised by that, Sheepish.gif. But I do feel good about it. I feel like he's gonna stay put for another week or two at least, but my body is doing what it needs to, so hooray! I noticed, after all my complaining, that if I have a night without prodromal labor it bums me out. I feel better having it, even though it hurts. It just makes things feel closer.

My gosh!  How cool is that??  I want to be almost halfway dilated too!  lol.gif  I agree, though, when the ctx seem to stop I'm like, wait a minute!  Keep going, keep going!  

EB - Italiamom says things so eloquently, but I just wanted to echo her and say new pregnancy, new birth, new life.  Of course you are scared, of course.  Allow yourself to be scared, and then tuck it in the back of your mind.  Your feelings are valid, but will not accomplish anything except make you more frightened.  You have been there and back, and deserve to give yourself a break.  Do all you can to prepare for the possibility, and then leave it alone.  Up to the universe?  Up to whomever makes those sorts of decisions?  I hope I'm not sounding rude or preachy.  I just want you to know you have every right to feel as you do, and we all support you and love you and know you will make it thru this to raise all your beautiful children and see them all grow up.

Annie - LOVE me some Jason Aldean.  My birth music is the Garth Brooks station on Pandora.  Plenty of good stuff on there, I've been listening to it for weeks.  I added Carrie Underwood as variety and whenever Jesus Take the Wheel comes on, I burst into sobs.  I'm not even religious!  It's just the whole surrender, giving it up to a higher power, knowing your own limits.  Sigh.  I'm going to cry now, lol!  

#78 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 06:21 AM

Lyn ~ Must see the dipes!  I never did start sewing the size smalls, so I hope this girl will fit in the newborns for a while. 

Italia ~ Can I come have fried chicken and that amazing sounding pie with you, please?!  *drool*  And flank steak tacos?!  I'm just moving in with you.  Make room!

Annie ~ I can't believe they took your staples out so quickly, and then forgot some!  How incompetent!  I hope you'll heal well despite their mistakes. 

Sara ~ Oh, mama, my heart just breaks for you!  What Carrie said about allowing yourself to be scared and then tucking it on the back of your mind is so wise.  You are strong.  You are beautiful.  You will LIVE!  And Buttercup is going to be the luckiest little girl under a Montana sky.

Mares ~ (I can't read your username without singing that song to myself, BTW! lol)  How lucky are you to be so dilated already!?  I hear you about the prodromal labor stopping, though.  I had no contractions all night long, which you would think would have allowed me a great night's sleep.  Instead I feel like I barely slept at all.  I don't get it.

I made an appointment for this evening with a member of our homeschool group who is an acupuncturist.  I really hope it will help, and if not I have a second appt scheduled for Saturday morning.  Part of me really hopes I go into labor before then so this baby could be born today, on her great grandmother's 93rd birthday, but the other part that has never had acupunture is very much looking forward to this evening! 

#79 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 09:46 AM

so.....the full moon is tomorrow gals. smile.gif

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#80 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

I'm ready!  Let tomorrow be my turn.  Acupuncture tonight, full moon tomorrow, acupuncture again on Saturday if I need another session.  I am determined that this baby will arrive before the OB pushes for induction!

#81 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 AM

that's why I'm excited about the moon! My eviction date is next friday, and I want him to come before then! I've had two babies ON the full moon (water broke with one) and with dd1 my water broke on the new moon. I'm hoping to keep my record lol!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#82 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm ready too!!  Come on full moon!  Work your magic on MEEEE!! 

So, I made chocolate chip banana bread today, with Nora's help.  She's so sweet.  While we're making it, she says, "This is cake?  Birthday cake for baby brother!?"  I sighed.  I said, "Well, he's not here yet, so maybe it's his non-birthday cake!  We can eat it for him!"  Ha!  She is SO READY to meet him.  I know it'll be a rough transition once he's here, but I can't wait for that moment when she realizes he's here, and I just picture the look on her face when they meet for the first time.  Brings tears to my eyes.  Every time I think about it.

#83 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:

that's why I'm excited about the moon! My eviction date is next friday, and I want him to come before then! I've had two babies ON the full moon (water broke with one) and with dd1 my water broke on the new moon. I'm hoping to keep my record lol!

Oooh, that does sound like a good sign for you, Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I'm ready too!!  Come on full moon!  Work your magic on MEEEE!! 

So, I made chocolate chip banana bread today, with Nora's help.  She's so sweet.  While we're making it, she says, "This is cake?  Birthday cake for baby brother!?"  I sighed.  I said, "Well, he's not here yet, so maybe it's his non-birthday cake!  We can eat it for him!"  Ha!  She is SO READY to meet him.  I know it'll be a rough transition once he's here, but I can't wait for that moment when she realizes he's here, and I just picture the look on her face when they meet for the first time.  Brings tears to my eyes.  Every time I think about it.

How cute!  I hope the transition is easier on you than you think.  I know Nik was still nursing when Nate was born and that might have made things easier for us, but I just didn't find the transition anywhere near as difficult as I expected.  And watching your child hold a new sibling is one of the most emotional moments in life!  It is so amazing to see two little creatures that you created gazing into each other's eyes.  *sigh*  Come out now, Olivia!  I want to see your brothers holding you while they read you stories instead of them having to read them to my belly!

#84 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 11:21 AM

I had a great chiropractic visit yesterday and then went swimming. Charlie was moving like crazy for more than seven hours.

I thought he'd turned. I couldn't find his head. Dusty couldn't either. Went in this morning so hopeful to check.

But it's just that my uterus is tighter. Somehow that's made his head feel like a knee. Neat trick, that.

Can't quit crying. Can't stand the thought of getting my hopes up again.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#85 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I had a great chiropractic visit yesterday and then went swimming. Charlie was moving like crazy for more than seven hours.

I thought he'd turned. I couldn't find his head. Dusty couldn't either. Went in this morning so hopeful to check.

But it's just that my uterus is tighter. Somehow that's made his head feel like a knee. Neat trick, that.

hug.gif

#86 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

grouphug.gif  I hope you know we are all right there with you.  We all want him to turn for you.  Know you aren't alone.  

#87 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Becky, I think about Charlie turning for you every single day! goodvibes.gif

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#88 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Agatha_Ann, I would be furious about the staples too. Give your doctor an earful about his colleague because someone needs to know.

EB, I second what everyone said. You need to keep up hope even if it seems difficult. You're almost there.

Mares, yay for your body doing what it should! And I keep my fingers crossed that prodomal labor continues.

Italiamom, flank steak tacos sound so good. 

Jill, Carrie, and Jessica, wish that the full moon will help with labor.

Beckily, so sorry that Charlie did not turn. But I am keeping my fingers crossed as well. hug2.gif

AFM, I had my 38-week appt this morning. I am really beginning to love my OB-group. Today, we talked about what happens post-date, and it looks like they're not set on either RCS or induction immediately even though they want to start talking about it once I hit 40 weeks. Best, he said that as long as something was happening and my body is making progress, they are willing to wait it out to a certain point, which I assume will be around 41 weeks, but I am so relieved. I also had him do a cervix-check today because DH and I had the crazy idea to travel to Boston tomorrow for the day and I don't want to be stuck in the sticks in labor without a VBAC-friendly provider anywhere in sight. And as it turns out while my cervix is still long and soft, I am 1 cm dilated, and DS2's head is engaged. With DS1, I only got there with the help of misoprostol, which started the long line of interventions in week 41, and his head never engaged. Now, I just hope we can wait 7 more days before DS2 arrives.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#89 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Becky, big hugs lady. Your little dude is a definite Leo, wanting to be the center of attention! lol

#90 of 197 Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

I made the shopping list for the week and DH was like, is any of that urgent or can it wait til tmw at lunch for me to run out (I make the list and he runs out to get the groceries lately, makes my life easier).  I looked at the list and looked at him and I said, "Well...no, none of this stuff we necessarily need tonight but if I go into labor b/w now and tmw...we're basically screwed!  LOL!"  He laughed and was like, ok, ok.  Gotcha.  Then he was like, "Maybe I won't go and it'll make things happen."  Hardy har har mister!  But I admit part of me wants to risk it.  

Have you guys heard of this "labor line" as an indicator of progress?  The dark purple line that goes basically up your buttcrack the more dilated you are?  It's a way to check for dilation without actually checking.  I peeked today after I got out of the shower and mines very dark purple -- and maybe like half way up?  3-4 cm?  Ha - I wonder if it's true.  I still haven't had any internal exams.

http://sarahvine.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/how-dilated-am-i-assessing-dilation-without-an-internal-exam/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page