Pictures of Nurseries/Changing Areas/Baby Areas? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I've got a lot of time on my hands lately and have been setting things up.  I wasn't going to (superstitious and all) but figured, eh, might as well be as prepared as possible.  We aren't doing a nursery this time b/c we don't have room, so have the two kids sharing Nora's room for now.  Here is the changing/diaper/baby area that I've set up in her room.

2011-08-08181713-1.jpg?t=1312842908

'sposies, wipes, bottom balm, little thing I got at my shower so I don't get pee in my face...

2011-08-08181751-1.jpg?t=1312842950

Drawer full of infant prefolds and kissaluv's for when we start CD'ing...

2011-08-08182344.jpg?t=1312842990

COVERS!!!

2011-08-08182357.jpg?t=1312843030

Anyone else want to share?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#2 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 03:54 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#3 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

You should invite them more often!!!  

Did they bring the furniture too or just the bedding and all the stuff?  So cute.  So pretty!!  Yay!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#5 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 04:18 PM

I posted these a while back, but here is his nursery:

baskets full of cloth diapers I made:
5914643656_84006896fc.jpg

5914091217_6106fc13fa.jpg

I've changed a couple of things, but nothing big. Dh put an antler mount above the crib, and I made a lamp for the little table. I should get pics of his closet system, it's the bomb! Dh custom designed it. He'll be in our bedroom for the first six months or so, but nothing special in there. smile.gif

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#6 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 04:19 PM

How fun!  I was thinking of starting a thread like this, but got too lazy lol.  I actually just took these pics this morning, so perfect timing.  It's a little more staged than it would normally be.  But I've been interviewing with people for babysitting jobs so I need the place to look clean, organized, and "baby".  The crib is cute and all, but I plan to co-sleep like always lol.

Crib, baby clothes, changing table, and cloth diaper stash:

Bedroom1.JPG

Play area (I still need to hang children's wall art and such):

LivingRoom1.JPG

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#7 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Carrie- love the changing area. I'm in the process of getting ours all finished now. Magnolia isn't having a nursery either until she's a little older and can actually use it to play in. For now we are doing a cosleeper and changing area in my room. I'm jealous of all those covers- we're only using prefolds and covers for the newborn size- but I have yet to purchase covers. Guess I better get on that.

Krist- I love all the pink bedding. You have some nice friends!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#8 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Jill- awesome nursery! I love the sign above the crib!

Melaya- love the play area, its so colorful!

#9 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

Furniture too.

I cosleep and I'm too short to use a changing table, but it sure is pretty. BFF's mom made all of it. smile.gif
I think because I'm a bit of a minimalist and a single mom people assume I'm destitute. redface.gif

Ha - that's awesome though.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

I posted these a while back, but here is his nursery:

I've changed a couple of things, but nothing big. Dh put an antler mount above the crib, and I made a lamp for the little table. I should get pics of his closet system, it's the bomb! Dh custom designed it. He'll be in our bedroom for the first six months or so, but nothing special in there. smile.gif

You posted those?  I must have missed them!!  I want to see the closet system!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

Carrie- love the changing area. I'm in the process of getting ours all finished now. Magnolia isn't having a nursery either until she's a little older and can actually use it to play in. For now we are doing a cosleeper and changing area in my room. I'm jealous of all those covers- we're only using prefolds and covers for the newborn size- but I have yet to purchase covers. Guess I better get on that.

Thanks!  I went a little overboard with covers.  All of that stuff is not counting anything one-sized...I just think OS is all going to be too big/bulky for a new baby.  I have 12 or so OS dipes with inserts in the other drawers.  redface.gif  I've been told it's a healthy addiction.

#10 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 04:41 PM

They are all so cute!  I'm so jealous of the preparations!  Hopefully by this time next week I can add mine too! 

#11 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 PM

Changing area (we have some B&W pics of the dogs going above/around this area in some way- just go to hang them). The cart will soon hold cloth wipes and a spray bottle of diaper solution (as soon as I make them)

Top Drawer: Newborn stash- a few fitteds and a bunch of prefolds

Onesies and hats in the 2nd drawer

third drawer- mostly smalls and some one sizes- these need to be stuffed but I plan on using the newborn prefolds as inserts once she outgrows those. Bottom drawer is still empty but will probably end up with more diapers eventually.

Cosleeper :

Cosleeper from the door- I have to fix the headboard area. DH keeps knocking it sideways and off the wall in his sleep eyesroll.gif

The closet (well, the baby's half)- bottom row is smaller sized sleepers and holiday outfits - I really want to find a small chest of drawers to put her instead, but haven't found one yet. Off to the corner is a 3 drawer sterlite container w/ all her hairbows and such and on top of it is a basket with all her socks and tights.
Middle row is gowns, Newborn, 0-3 month outfits, and jackets. On the built in shelf behind here are all her jeans, bibs, and everything else that I couldn't find room for.
Top row is 3-6month, 6-9 month clothes and larger sized sleepers.

Here are some pics of where her nursery will eventually be. I plan on doing a vintage them, using primary colors and using framed pages from vintage children's books about dogs as artwork on the wall.

#12 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

I am so impressed, Stormy, with your baby's wardrobe!!!  My goodness what a lucky girl she is!  And what an AMAZING diaper stash!!  

I can't wait to get my cosleeper attached.  I ordered the extra feet for it and am still waiting for them!!

#13 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Oh my goodness! I love these pictures, what a good idea for a thread. Carrie - I wonder if I need one of those pee protector things. Your little guy will undoubtedly show up first, you'll have to let me know how useful it is.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#14 of 26 Old 08-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Carrie- I love your changing pad cover!

Jill- His room reminds me of where the wild things are! So cute. :)

Stormy- She does have a pretty impressive wardrobe! I love baby girl clothes.

Here's some of my stuff. Were sharing a room and the "changing station" is in the bathroom.

270449_10150314825124458_535269457_9507345_7247915_n.jpg

Her 0-3 month clothes and my diaper stash. I posted up close pics in a different thread. I have a huge tub of clothes for her to grow into already.

261521_10150314825244458_535269457_9507347_6807918_n.jpg

My rocking chair, her swing and some toys.

blah.jpg

Co-sleeper and stuffed animals. I love that monkey!

I think we all need some babies now! wink1.gif

Riley! joy.gifbelly.gifexpecting my first daughterbabyf.gif August 2011!  ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***baby.gif

#15 of 26 Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Inspired by you all I took a few pictures today.

This LO will be sharing our room for a while, and definitely until after we have moved at the end of October, so I've had to just clear a space to work with.

Picture 010.jpg

This is set up for night time diaper changes, as the real changing table is in DS's room, with all the diaper stash, pail etc. I'll just be using a wet bag here for nighttime.

Picture 011.jpg

I'm having to keep the bassinet mostly empty because DS has decided its now one of his favorite play areas. My birth supplies are stashed just behind the bassinet and the baby clothes for NB & 0-3 are in the drawers of my night stand. The basket on top of the towels has my labor comfort items and the other two baskets have baby items (small one is all muslin wraps)

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#16 of 26 Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

LOL. Everyone is so organized and cute. You would die laughing if you saw pics of our space. Changing table has been taken over by a broken drawer out of the bathroom that DS1 stood on and busted last week. I didn't change new baby's dipes there anyway because he screams and it is right by where DS1 sleeps. So the changing pad is now on the kitchen counter with the wipe warmer and a pile of dipes. Hey, I figure it isn't nasty toddler poo yet! Clothes go in the bottom two drawers of my dresser since DD2's dresser is still in my room because she sleeps with me. Bed space is a section of my king with the 4y on the other side but right next to the loft "princess" bed that she refuses to sleep in. The bouncy seat is currently on the dinning room table in an attempt to keep baby's eyeballs intact from the 2y. And that is about it. lol.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#17 of 26 Old 08-09-2011, 02:29 PM

My 'changing area' is a travel roll up change pad that I stock daily with dipes & wipes, and leave at the foot of my bed for night (or anytime) diaper changes.

Cate is currently sleeping in a basinette that is wedged in between my closet door & the side of the bed, and when I want to put laundry away, I wait till she's soundly sleeping, and then lift the basket part out of the frame, put it in the middle of my bed, move the frame to block DH's closet and put away all my laundry before she wakes up!

Her nursery won't be finished until DH gets the basement finished, b/c the front upstairs room is currently our TV/family room, and will not be able to be switched over until I can get all the furniture to the basement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View PostThe bouncy seat is currently on the dinning room table in an attempt to keep baby's eyeballs intact from the 2y. And that is about it. lol.gif

Our bouncy seat is on the dining room table too! I hate having babies on the floor when everyone is standing around in the kitchen ... who wants to look at our feet?! Plus, the dog *loves* the baby, and doesn't always understand my house rule that any creature who licks it's bum is not allowed to lick anyone's face! Until Cate can say 'Off Penny' like the rest of us, she doesn't get left in licking range w/o one of us right there to tell the dog to go away!

~SynEpona~
#18 of 26 Old 08-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

The bouncy seat is currently on the dinning room table in an attempt to keep baby's eyeballs intact from the 2y. And that is about it. lol.gif

I have wondered about this, trying to brainstorm where in the house I can put the damn bouncy seat where DS and the dog can't get at it...  Pretty much nowhere.  We don't have a dining room table right now (long story), Which means the only real up and out of the way place is the kitchen counters.  I'm afraid DS might try to pull it off of there with the baby in it though.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#19 of 26 Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

I have wondered about this, trying to brainstorm where in the house I can put the damn bouncy seat where DS and the dog can't get at it...  Pretty much nowhere.  We don't have a dining room table right now (long story), Which means the only real up and out of the way place is the kitchen counters.  I'm afraid DS might try to pull it off of there with the baby in it though.

At our old church, in the nursery, we kept the exer-saucer, and the bouncy seat for littles, inside a super-yard thing, to keep the older tots away from the smallest ones. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266978&fromWidget=TRU%3ACategory%3ATop+Sellers If you use just 4 panels, it makes a little square that quite nicely protects a little occupant from the tots & dogs & such! (alternately, the 4sided set up makes a lovely time-out zone when needed for the older one -- had to use that with a temper-tantruming daycare child once, to keep him & the others safe)

~SynEpona~
#20 of 26 Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post- I wonder if I need one of those pee protector things.

They can't hurt.  Rafe peed on my DH today at the doctor's office.  DH didn't have the angle of the dangle quite correct and paid for it Sheepish.gif.  Then I was changing him in the car on my lap (not moving of course) in the back seat and he managed to pee all over the car seat.  It just went up and over so fast, I didn't have time to get anything over it. 

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#21 of 26 Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynEpona View Post

At our old church, in the nursery, we kept the exer-saucer, and the bouncy seat for littles, inside a super-yard thing, to keep the older tots away from the smallest ones. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266978&fromWidget=TRU%3ACategory%3ATop+Sellers If you use just 4 panels, it makes a little square that quite nicely protects a little occupant from the tots & dogs & such!

Ooooh, thanks for the hot tip.  I think something like that could work really well.  We actually do have a gate that is DS proof to the living room, but it would be nice to be able to put the baby in ANY room, yk?  I'm just thinking for if I ever feel like taking a shower before 6PM ROTFLMAO.gif.  I know, I know, but a mama can dream, right?

So we don't have a baby's room.  Our house is only two bedrooms, and we pretty much play musical beds anyhow.  We've got a queen sized bed in one room, and a king sized bed in our "main" bedroom.  We'll have a pack'n'play in the room with the queen, and then DH put in the mount for the Kanoe in the main bedroom.  But nothing worth taking pictures of...

As for the changing area, DS is still in diapers.  So this area will do duty for DS and new bebe.  You can see the big trash bin to the left (for cloth), and then the smaller little trashcan on top (for wipes and nighttime 'sposies).  The stack of prefolds under the basket is what I couldn't fit in the dresser.  I want to get a shelf at Ikea to put above that I can stack a bunch of folded prefolds on.  DS's diapers take up 3 of the drawers in the dresser...  I will have so much space once he potty learns.  But as of now he's got all his BG's, and plus all the standard prefolds and doublers and such.  They just take up so much space!

photo 1.JPG

Here is little miss bebe's diaper drawer.  Covers, preemie and infant prefolds, and some AIOs:

photo 2.JPG

I only put the NB/0-3 stuff in the drawers, and then I separated any 3-6 month stuff into a bin that's stored in one of the closets.  This way when she starts to outgrow stuff, I can just switch everything out.  But this drawer is sleepers and onesies:

photo 3.JPG

And then this drawer is pants and shirts/dresses:

photo 4.JPG 

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#22 of 26 Old 08-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Italiamom - I love all those little pants you made for her! They are just so cute. Little miss, come out and try on the clothes your mama made you!

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#23 of 26 Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Double post, but I finally took some pictures of Mal's little setup. (Hopefully I won't be spamming you all with too many pictures)

wholeview.jpg

Changing station! His little bathtub and the hanging wetbag to the left. I put up a calendar, too, hoping I'll remember to write things down.

Obviously the lower shelf will have to come off, I just haven't got DF to do it yet.

washbathe.jpg

Washcloths and snappis, cloth wipe solution, diaper pints, nose-sucky-bulb, fingernail clippers and brush and comb.

books.jpg

dipes.jpg

His newborn diapers and covers. I have the next size up in the drawer below, and then his carriers, cloth wipes (that aren't in the warmer), and all his blankets and towels in the other drawers.

midwives.jpg

I stenciled him this shirt.

clothes.jpg

His clothes are in DD's room (you can see her cute little socks and "pantywares" in the two lower drawers of the middle thing.)

hatsandsocks.jpg

Tiny hats, socks and shoes! One of my customers at the bookstore gave me those moccasins for him.

Bed.jpg

Not super exciting, but where he'll be sleeping (in bed, with us). We just got the king size bed so we don't have a headboard yet. We have the little yellow rocker for naps/showers/what-have you.

#24 of 26 Old 08-10-2011, 01:50 PM

Ooooh, I love that changing hutch!  Pretty pretty piece of furniture.

#25 of 26 Old 08-10-2011, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Gorgeous set up Mares!  I LOVE that onesie.  So cute!  

#26 of 26 Old 08-10-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Ooooh, I love that changing hutch!  Pretty pretty piece of furniture.

Thank you! I love it too. It's definitely the nicest piece of furniture we have. Yay for craigslist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Gorgeous set up Mares!  I LOVE that onesie.  So cute!  

Thank you! With Clementine I didn't really have anything particular set up, she and I shared a room and twin bed. It's nice to have a more "real" place for this little guy. The onesie was so easy to make! If you're at all inclined let me know and I'll write up directions or find a good link for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page