No mucus plug/bloody show? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Did anyone not lose a mucus plug or have bloody show before going into labor?  I feel all alone here!  Last time I didn't lose any plug/mucus until active labor.  This time, so far, nothing either.  39+2 today.  If I don't lose anything, does that necessarily mean I'm not dilating at all?  If all these weeks of prodromal labor aren't doing anything, then what's the point?  lol.gif  I'll be so mad if I'm starting at square 1 (1 cm) when labor begins, you know??

Anyone?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#2 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM

I had PROM with DS, and hadn't lost anything but a giant gush of flluid at 38 weeks. lol

Now that I'm 40w5d and suffering from continual prodromal labor/contractions out the yang, I find myself checking ALL THE TIME for any signs... So far nothing, nada, zippo.  No plug, no show. 

#3 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM

I didn't with either of the boys.  I just had some mild contractions for a few hours, went to bed, got up to pee in the middle of the night, and my water broke.  38w2d and 37w2d

This time I've been losing the plug and have had bloody show over the last week-and-a-half and nothing.  Prodromal labor is seriously one of the worst emotional hells I can imagine. 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#4 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post

I didn't with either of the boys.  I just had some mild contractions for a few hours, went to bed, got up to pee in the middle of the night, and my water broke.  38w2d and 37w2d

This time I've been losing the plug and have had bloody show over the last week-and-a-half and nothing.  Prodromal labor is seriously one of the worst emotional hells I can imagine. 

I keep hoping my water will break on one of my many trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night!! LOL!! I just feel like everyone is having all these signs and I've got nuthin'! Even my mw was asking me if I had any MP or show yet, and I just sighed and said, no.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#5 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I don't really think I had signs with DS until my water broke on my due date. I don't really have signs yet this pregnancy at 39 + 3. I think I *may* have lost a bit of my mucus plug, but I'm not sure. Two weeks ago I was 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I haven't been checked since, but I have an appointment tomorrow. I just feel generally crampy and exhausted. My mom is here and I'm not sure how long she can stay, so I wish *something* would happen soon. 

#6 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Nora was born at 39 + 3.  If I make it thru tomorrow I'll be the most pg I've ever been!  Oye!

#7 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM

I've never had either one in any pregnancy and I have labored twice thumb.gif

#8 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 AM

Nothing in pregnancy #1. I didn't have bloody show with #2 until the day I went into labor. I am 39+2 as well and have prodromal labor constantly with no plug or show to show for it. It is so disheartening.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#9 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 01:16 PM

I had bloody show a few hours before I went into labor with DS. I lost a few chunks of mucus plug a few weeks ago, but nothing else big like that since. Remember, though, gooey discharge is also part of the whole mucus plug deal. You may lose it in goo rather than in chunks.  <-------pleasant wording, no?

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#10 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

lol.gif So pleasant.  But isn't every aspect of pg pleasant?? eyesroll.gif  Last time when I lost it, I was well into active labor, and it fell out in glops on a chux.  I remember it clearly.  But I'm just worried that not losing it yet means I'm not very dilated at all, and quite frankly all this prodromal labor sucks if it's for absolutely nothing. 

But my buttcrack is nice and dark thumb.gif so maybe all the gooey discharge I do have *is* something?  It's like creamy/lotiony if we can to talk in TTC terms for a minute.  Reminds me of the few days before EWCM but not quite fertile.  But very, very abundant.

#11 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

lol.gif So pleasant.  But isn't every aspect of pg pleasant?? eyesroll.gif  Last time when I lost it, I was well into active labor, and it fell out in glops on a chux.  I remember it clearly.  But I'm just worried that not losing it yet means I'm not very dilated at all, and quite frankly all this prodromal labor sucks if it's for absolutely nothing. 

But my buttcrack is nice and dark thumb.gif so maybe all the gooey discharge I do have *is* something?  It's like creamy/lotiony if we can to talk in TTC terms for a minute.  Reminds me of the few days before EWCM but not quite fertile.  But very, very abundant.

Wait...is a dark buttcrack a sign of something? Mine is just hairy. Ew. j/k My discharge is exactly like yours...just like the days before EWCM. And very abundant. Annoyingly so. It's a 5 pair of panties day...

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#12 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Oh - ha.  I posted in the chat thread. 

Have you guys heard of this "labor line" as an indicator of progress?  The dark purple line that goes basically up your buttcrack the more dilated you are?  It's a way to check for dilation without actually checking.  I peeked today after I got out of the shower and mines very dark purple -- and maybe like half way up?  3-4 cm?  Ha - I wonder if it's true.  I still haven't had any internal exams.

http://sarahvine.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/how-dilated-am-i-assessing-dilation-without-an-internal-exam/

#13 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 PM

I never lost any mucus plug or had any bloody show with my other three, but this time I have lost my mucus plug. I know it's not REALLY a sign of anything, but I'm hoping it will be. :)

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#14 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Thank you, Carrie, for giving me an excuse to go look at my own ass.  I desperately needed one.  I really hope this isn't as brutal as the last time I checked on my vagina.  Aye yi yi... ROTFLMAO.gif

With DS there was no plug to speak of.  I had to have lost it well into active labor, because I don't remember any mucous at all, not even a change to creamy/lotiony, in the days leading up to labor.  And there was certainly no bloody anything, I don't think even until I was pushing.

Now please excuse me while I go try to look at my own butt.  Sigh.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#15 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
pjs

I only lost my plug with my first. This is baby number 5. My panties have been soaked for two days from all the discharge, but no plug, no water leaking. I'm 41+3!
#16 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Thank you, Carrie, for giving me an excuse to go look at my own ass.  I desperately needed one. 

Anytime, mama, anytime!!  LMAO!

#17 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I had the whole mucus plug/bloody show extravaganza with DD the day she was born, but I've got nothin' so far with this guy (of course, he isn't born yet, either). But I just think that if I'm really dilated to 3.5 wouldn't it have come already? I don't know. I've got the same discharge as you, though, the white creamy gunk in abundance. And, in case anyone was wondering, no butt line at all.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#18 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM

Soooo....how many of us have squatted over a mirror or bent over ass-nekked in front of a mirror in the last few hours? Thanks, Carrie.

#19 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

Soooo....how many of us have squatted over a mirror or bent over ass-nekked in front of a mirror in the last few hours? Thanks, Carrie.

*raises hand*

Must say that it's one piece of my body that I've never investigated fully before. Thanks Carrie, for making us all more informed. lol!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#20 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Reading all this just made my night!  LOL!  Too funny!

It's nice to have a place to come chat about all the "gross" pregnancy stuff. 

I haven't lost any of my plug either...I'm 39 weeks today.  I do have lots of whitish thick/creamy discharge too though.  I keep expecting to see something more promising everytime I go to the bathroom....but nothing yet.  I lost a little bit of my plug with DD, but only after I had my membranes swept. 

Now tomorrow when I get to the new house with the big mirror I'm gonna have to look at my butt.....never thought I'd pray for a dark colored crack. 

#21 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 PM

I just want to report to everyone that I have a purple line up my crack. It's 5 to 7 cms long. That was the most awkward thing I've done in a while. Dh could not stop laughing.

#22 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 PM

Apparently that purple line means something because my water just broke.

#23 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:

Yaaayyyy!  Good luck!

#24 of 34 Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 PM

I never had any unusual discharge, signs of mucous plug, or bloody show at all with ds1 until active labor started. When I had my first cervical check at the hospital after five hours of active labor, I was only dilated 3-4 cm. 

This time, I had creamy discharge, bits of mucous, and quite a bit if bloody show for almost a week before ds2 arrived. I was dilated 4 cm at least 3 days before real labor started. I also had 3 days of prodromal labor leading up to the main event. 

I have to say that I had never heard of the butt crack thing and I sure wish I had found out a week ago!  It might have helped clue me in that I was nearly in transition already when active labor first started!  

Good luck to all of you still waiting to go!!!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#25 of 34 Old 08-12-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I know I'm late to this party but YA-FREAKING-HOO! 

And I'm sure everyone has now checked out their rear end in a mirror, even if they won't admit it!  

#26 of 34 Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:

I just want to report to everyone that I have a purple line up my crack. It's 5 to 7 cms long. That was the most awkward thing I've done in a while. Dh could not stop laughing.

Quote:

See, this finally makes me want to check out my crack!

Quote:

I know I'm late to this party but YA-FREAKING-HOO! 

And I'm sure everyone has now checked out their rear end in a mirror, even if they won't admit it!  

I haven't.....YET!  But the next time I need to use the bathroom I'm going to try. 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#27 of 34 Old 08-12-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:

Oh - ha.  I posted in the chat thread. 

Have you guys heard of this "labor line" as an indicator of progress?  The dark purple line that goes basically up your buttcrack the more dilated you are?  It's a way to check for dilation without actually checking.  I peeked today after I got out of the shower and mines very dark purple -- and maybe like half way up?  3-4 cm?  Ha - I wonder if it's true.  I still haven't had any internal exams.

http://sarahvine.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/how-dilated-am-i-assessing-dilation-without-an-internal-exam/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

Thank you, Carrie, for giving me an excuse to go look at my own ass.  I desperately needed one.  I really hope this isn't as brutal as the last time I checked on my vagina.  Aye yi yi... ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany42309 View Post

Now tomorrow when I get to the new house with the big mirror I'm gonna have to look at my butt.....never thought I'd pray for a dark colored crack. 

This thread totally cracked me up (pun intended)...so funny...And now, it is with a fair dose of trepidation that I am going to go check out my nether regions...

#28 of 34 Old 08-12-2011, 08:24 AM
pjs

I lost my plug this morning! I was so excited but nothing else is happening. It came out in one glob and there's been nothing after that.

I also felt compelled to check my bottom line- there's a dark purple line all the way up to my tail bone. Does this mean baby is just going to fall out, 'cuz I'm not feeling anything and the line has to be at least 5-6 cm, maybe more ( can't bring myself to break out a ruler)!
#29 of 34 Old 08-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Now I'm going to HAVE to check mine! lol Awesome news! 

Enjoying 7+ Years of marriage with my bff/hubby. 2twins.gif SAHM to babygirl.gif Norrie.  Wehomebirth.jpgcd.gifbftoddler.gif,delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif

We have cat.gif),dog2.gifdog2.gif. and a tree frog. 

I am a "Multicrafty"knit.gifsewmachine.gif mamma to be who blogs at: http://www.myslightlycrunchylife.blogspot.com

#30 of 34 Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, so maybe all these ctx aren't for nothing.  I felt some slime come from down there, and I'm like, ok, seriously, it's on.  I sat on the toilet and decided I was checking my cervix, damit.  I reached as far as I could and from what I can tell I'm at *least* 3 fingers worth dilated on the exterior OS (I just cannot reach far enough to tell if it's all the way thru) and a huge glob of something came out when I swept my finger thru.  Just mucus/goo though, no pink tinge.  I tried as hard as I could to really understand what I was feeling.  I'm going to go take a walk and see if anything starts back up again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page