I'm a mommy! UPDATE with long birth story and pics post 26 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 08-14-2011, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow, what a story!  I'm so glad everything turned out ok.  She is absolutely beautiful!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#32 of 44 Old 08-14-2011, 04:21 PM

LOVE love love your birth story.  I'm so happy you were able to labor at home, and that you made it to the hospital in time!  It sounds like, for the most part, the hospital staff was pretty respectful and hands off with your new sweet baby, which I know you had talked about having some fears of now knowing how the hospital staff would handle some things.  So that is wonderful to hear.  And she is just DARLING.  Thank you SO much for the photos and story.  Love them!! 

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#33 of 44 Old 08-14-2011, 04:36 PM

I was on the edge of my seat right reading along.  Whoa, mama.  I am so so happy to hear that all ended so well, and that your sweet baby was so well cared for!  You are for sure a strong woman and mother.  Take the time to process things as they come to you, heal mentally and physically.  And cry over that beautiful baby all you need to!  She is just a darling and you are so blessed to have her!    

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#34 of 44 Old 08-14-2011, 05:12 PM

she is a beauty- congratulations and hope you are getting a little rest here and there...

#35 of 44 Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 PM

impressed by the moby wrap job- are you liking it/  I may just bring mine to the hospital in hopes someone can show me how to put it on- she is so adorable, by the way !!!

#36 of 44 Old 08-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Thank you for sharing your story! I love it that you had such a good team and they didn't scare you when you needed help!

She's so lovely :) Congratulations again!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#37 of 44 Old 08-15-2011, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Nald, I definitely like the Moby. I only tried it that once but it was easy to put on and get the baby in and it feels very secure.

I am indeed very happy about how the staff turned out. Overall they were so respectful and very good at what they do. Everything turned out exactly right and I am so thankful for that. I knew that I needed to be in the hospital, though I had considered a UC. When I was laboring, and especially in transition, I just very much wanted to go there. I wasn't afraid, but there was no doubt in my mind at all about where I wanted to be. I am very grateful for that. I got to labor at home and have an intervention-free birth and I also got to be in the right place for when I needed help. I couldn't ask for more.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#38 of 44 Old 08-15-2011, 05:39 AM

thank you for taking the time to answer my moby question - I know you must be VERY busy :)

#39 of 44 Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM

What a story! How wonderful that you listened to your body and knew where you needed to be! So glad everything went well and that you are recovering quickly.
Rest and enjoy that sweet baby!:)

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#40 of 44 Old 08-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Your baby is beautiful.  I am so glad you got just the care you needed.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#41 of 44 Old 08-15-2011, 03:37 PM

She's beautiful, mama, and so are you!  You done good, girl!  Have a wonderful babymoon!

#42 of 44 Old 08-15-2011, 06:46 PM

Congrats! What a cutie she is!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#43 of 44 Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 PM

congratulations!  What a beautiful sweet girl :)  Also thanks for sharing,  I'm so glad you are safe and recovering well...

#44 of 44 Old 08-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Banned

fabulous birth and a beautiful baby girl! congratulations!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page