Anyone still pregnant? ... & still in prodromal labor hell? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Seems like there are so many babies already earthside! On one hand it gives me hope, I've been watching (reading) those mama's go through all the pre-labor stuff for weeks & now many of them are holding their sweet little ones. On the other hand, I have been 50% effaced & 2 cm dilated for a week. MW doubled my EPO dose today. I feel like the character from "Bee Movie" , who continues to slam into the window expecting a different result. "Maybe this time, this time, this time." & my pre-labor contractions always end. Today has been the longest so far, its 11 pm, & I've been contracting since 6:15 pm. Not getting stronger, not getting more intense, not changing whether I eat, drink, lay down, walk, move around. Frankly I hope this is not the real thing this time, as I am already exhausted from the 5 hours of braxton-hicks or pre-labor contractions, whatever the hell they are. Luckily DH will be home shortly & can take over DD1, who I allowed to stay up late because I'm just too tired for her bedtime routine. I'm headed straight to bed to deep-breathe myself to sleep. That's what worked last night after just over 3 hours of this pre-labor nonsense.

Any mama's in this boat with me? Still? 

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

#2 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 04:42 AM

Still pregnant, but not sure about the prodomal labor. I've been having more intense contractions but there are still very BHy just longer and more painful and harder to move out of. And this morning I could hardly get out of bed because it felt like the baby was trying to pressing it head so hard into the cervix that it almost burst.

I'm not due until 8/23, but yeah, I'm done.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#3 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 05:30 AM

Me, me!  I've been having 4-6 contractions most hrs for nearly 2 weeks now.  Some hours are more, some are less, but most are in the 4-6 range.  They don't slow me down, but I'm 10 days "over" and sooooo ready for baby to come out!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#4 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 AM

Me also:( I'm new to this site. I have a 21 month old boy and a boy due on sat.

Have been having BHX or contractions, not sure which they are for the past 2 weeks always at night. Really thought he was coming last night, felt like he was trying to dig his way out. Anyone else had this?

#5 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Here! Just had my first batch of BH for 6 hours on Monday.... Having loads of "fun"...

#6 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 AM

I'm still here too, although the prodromal hell isn't anywhere near as bad as it was last time. Mostly I've had a constant back ache since last Thursday, most likely due to baby being down in my pelvis and posterior. I also have hips that have stopped working and a 14 month old to run after, so its all fun, fun, fun while waiting for this baby. I'm not due until 30th though so its really too early to be getting impatient.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#7 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 07:38 AM

Still here and I feel you.  I can't quite call mine prodromal labor because it isn't consistent enough but a lot of on and off BH, everytime I go to the toilet I expect to start my period or something.  That is how I feel.  My EDD is 8/21.  My DD was born a full 2 weeks past her EDD and thinking of going that long this time makes me want to cry.  I am still working too (I watch a 3.5 y/o little boy outside the home along with my 3 y/o DD) and I am feeling so done.  Thankfully my last day is tomorrow.  Please baby come soon.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#8 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 AM

Still here. Edd is today. With the severe SPD I have this time I was REALLY hoping and praying I'd have this baby in arms by now. The bh are getting more intense and every time I have one I pray the next one gets harder and more intense! I'm so done. The Texas heatwave is killing me slowly

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mayrigah likes this.

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#9 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 11:48 AM

41 weeks today, but I read Ina Mae last night and she said that 42 weeks is overdue, so I'm happy to hear that.  Just pretending not to hear people on the street who say 'c'est pour bientôt' (it must be soon now) and ppl who know me who act shocked that I'm still pg :-P

#10 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well atleast I know I'm not alone with the "I. Am. Done." feelings.... I do feel bad complaining when I haven't even reached my EDD yet. But the "maybe this time" gets old so fast. Also encourages me that we have each other. mama's. Keep the faith, we won't be pregnant forever, sometimes it just seems like it. These babies gotta come out eventually. 

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

#11 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 PM

I'm still with you too!  I'm due Aug 23rd and I just stopped working yesterday.  It was bliss.  Today I feel a little lazy but rested and more assured that if I went into labor at any point I wouldn't be too exhausted to birth my baby.  So, while I was going absolutely crazy the last few weeks hoping she would come early, I am perfectly content for her to take her time (as long as she decides to come on her own before the 30th!  I really don't want my OB to have to induce her...). 

I hope for all of you who are going through padromal hell or BHcx driving you batty that you will find your reset button and be able to rest, relax and rejuvenate even if just for a little bit (in between taking care of your little ones etc) in preparation for your new addition.  I know that if I was still working today I would be stressed out beyond belief; I am amazed by the mamas who are already caring for one or more children in these last few weeks!  Amazing women you are!

First time mama!  belly.gif
#12 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Mohawk Mama - We have the same EDD. I have been having prodromal labor on and off, but I've found nights I don't have it I'm bummed, whereas nights I do have it I am in pain, but much happier. I guess it just makes things feel closer. I had my midwives check last week and I was 3.5cm and 60% effaced, but I didn't have them check this week. Looking at all these sweet babies makes me want to meet Malcolm soooo much! And having to bend over the belly to eat, haha. Other times I feel like it's so much easier to have him in the belly.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#13 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

Mohawk Mama - We have the same EDD. I have been having prodromal labor on and off, but I've found nights I don't have it I'm bummed, whereas nights I do have it I am in pain, but much happier. I guess it just makes things feel closer. I had my midwives check last week and I was 3.5cm and 60% effaced, but I didn't have them check this week. Looking at all these sweet babies makes me want to meet Malcolm soooo much! And having to bend over the belly to eat, haha. Other times I feel like it's so much easier to have him in the belly.

Yeah for being so dilated already, that should certainly cut out some time in labor. I was only 1.5cm and she just said really soft rather than how much I was actually effaced. I think I'm going to leave it be rather than face disappointment if it hasn't changed.

All I've wanted to do today was sleep, then I couldn't be bothered cooking dinner (again, 3rd night in a row) so we had Chinese food and I got a nice spicy Mongolian Beef dish. I usually eat less than half a portion but tonight I ate almost the whole thing, and that is after being nauseous for most of the day. Of course I'm paying for it now will killer indigestion so I'm sat at the computer with a large glass of milk to help calm the acid.

I'm on team green and I'm at the point where I just want to meet this baby already and find out if I have another son or a daughter this time.

Part of me also wants to go into labor tonight so that I don't have to go to my prenatal appointment tomorrow, as my MW is an hour away and so its a 3 hour round trip. Not always fun with a bored 14 month old who really should be having a nap instead of going out in the car.

So the waiting continues on, and on, and on, and on....

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#14 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

All I've wanted to do today was sleep, then I couldn't be bothered cooking dinner (again, 3rd night in a row) so we had Chinese food and I got a nice spicy Mongolian Beef dish. I usually eat less than half a portion but tonight I ate almost the whole thing, and that is after being nauseous for most of the day. Of course I'm paying for it now will killer indigestion so I'm sat at the computer with a large glass of milk to help calm the acid.

I'm on team green and I'm at the point where I just want to meet this baby already and find out if I have another son or a daughter this time.

Uhg about the indigestion!! Do you have an Kombucha or something lacto-fermented handy? Even a shot of some Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar would probably really really help digest some of that more quickly and help rebalance flora. It's been a while since I've been around consistantly and I can't remember if you were getting into the ferments etc. although I remember us having similar dietary interests.

Team green too!!!! I can reLATE to wanting to know. I'm dying to know!

I'm still hanging around... not technically "due" till Monday. I don't feel that omg I'm so done feeling but my body def does LOL! My contractions changed about 3 days ago into more productive feeling surges with my first timeable ones happening 2 days ago for 2-3 hours in the morning and again the same at night.They are radiating from the bottom and I'm crampy all the time. DP says my cervix is an easy 2 fingers and super stretchy. I had him check this morning for giggles. Things are happening slowly but surely. I'm anxious in a very excited way. I don't feel impatient in a flustered way, just really really excited. Major anticipation. THAT's killing me. The prodromal stuff really gets ya going with the questioning what's happening. My body is definatley feeling exhausted and ready though for sure.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#15 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 PM

I actually have found surprisingly that dairy products have a great impact on the acid. I gave up the dairy for a week due to a low hemoglobin count and found I had chronic acid after the second day until I finally went back to eating dairy again. I have ACV, but for now the full fat organic milk seems to be doing the trick.

And I think its also finally time for me to head to bed and get some sleep.

#16 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 PM

For sure... dairy is great too.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#17 of 17 Old 08-17-2011, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

I had been off the DDC so long (til like just a few weeks ago, then only lurking til a few days ago), I forgot that you & I share an EDD, I think I remember that now from the TTC  threads.

I guess maybe I shouldn't have had my MW check me again Monday, after I'd gone to see her Saturday in a moody fit and made her check me then. I know the "numbers" don't mean alot, well ofcourse until they start changing then we get hopeful. But no change in numbers doesn't mean we're not closer to labor. & I'm disappointed with myself for always thinking "is this it?!" or "I am SO DONE." In my circle of friends & family, I'm the only natural childbirth, attachment parenting, exclusive breastfeeding, etc. advocate & here I am wanting to scream at the next person who tells me "she'll come when she's ready." I KNOW this. Really I do. But what about ME being ready?

DD1 was born at a free-standing Birth Center. This one's a planned home birth. I guess I'm kinda worried & don't feel like I know what to expect. I suppose it'll be like any other day at home, right, just plus the fact that I'm in labor & can do what I want, where & when I want. It just seems like almost no big deal, like "yah, I did some sewing today, me & DD1 took a walk tonight, then I went into labor & her sister was born." IDK, I'm being a freak I guess. Sigh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page