Chat thread for another new week Aug 17-? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since Carrie obviously has her hands full right now I thought I'd get the new chat thread going for this coming week (or longer.)

I don't know how to link to the old chat thread so forgive me for not putting it up here.

Seems like there are not a lot of us left still waiting, as most Mamas appear to be on the other side.

Today I'm so beyond tired, and I actually got sleep last night. I'm also feeling a little nauseous so I'm trying to keep a little something in my stomach at all times. Even though I've still got almost 2 weeks until my EDD on 30th I am feeling like this baby won't stay in that long. I'm debating on asking my MW to check me again tomorrow as I feel like I might have dilated more but I don't want to be disappointed if its still that same as last week.

So how is everyone else doing? (This is for Mamas on both sides, those still waiting and those already holding sweet bundles of joy.)

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 AM

I can understand not wanting any disappointing news about how dilated you are. I never had an internal exam with my midwife until I was in active labor and I asked her not to tell me the number until I was fully dilated. I had big problems with feeling helpless and defeated during my first two labors so I didn't want to risk anything ruining my calm.

Augustus is such a good sleeper, I'm so lucky. I think I'm getting better sleep now than when I was pregnant. He only wakes up once or twice to nurse.

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#3 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Tamera, sounds like you have a very content baby and good sleeper there. Its awesome that Augustus sleeps so well at night and is allowing you to catch up on some sleep too. I'm sure that must help when caring for two older children at the same time.

My MW only checked me last week because she was having problems feeling the head externally, so she wanted to confirm baby was indeed head down. Turns out she couldn't feel the head properly because it was already down in my pelvis and posterior (thus the constant back ache I've had ever since the internal last week.) She then did say I was about 1.5cm dilated and very soft. It felt like good news because it took me over 10 hours of labor to get that dilated with DS, so this time I'll be starting labor ahead from last time.

I wasn't originally planning on having any internals before labor, and then only having one when I started to feel pushy. However now that I've had one I'm beginning to feel curious to see if there has been any more progress, but I'd also hate to be disappointed at the same time. I guess I'll just see how I feel at my appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#4 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 AM

Is it ok if I jump in?  I know I haven't been very active in the DDC but I want to be now!  

I just basically said all this on the other thread but I am so ready for baby to come.  I just feel worn down.  I am still working although tomorrow is my last day which I am so grateful for.  I just hope I don't eat up two weeks of my maternity leave with no baby.  

I slept terrible last night. Was hot and uncomfortable.  Then DD came into our bed at 3AM, which is pretty unusual for her these days.  

I really need to just get through today.  The little boy I watch has been getting dropped off at 8AM every day this week, which is an hour earlier then I normally watch him and I normally go to his house, so it has really been screwing with our schedule.  DD has been really off this week, I can tell she is ready for a break too.  Just need to make it through today.  I have kids tomorrow too but no early drop off and they both have preK in the morning and the boy will nap in the afternoon so it is very little "face time" compared to our normal schedule.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon, debating being checked.  Waiting on my second round of GBS tests.  My first one came back positive, although my midwife did two.  One was a uro-genital culture which came back totally normal and showed no GBS present but the GBS yes/no said yes.  So she said that tells her I had very little GBS.  So I did a hydrogen peroxide, yogurt with extra probiotics routine for 6 days and we did a retest on Friday.  Really hoping it comes back negative.  If it does I think I will ask for a check, if positive I know I should avoid checks.  It's weird, in my first pregnancy I was so anti being checked and this time I kind of want them.  But I feel shy about asking since I am doing the homebirth this time, I am pretty sure my midwifes probably don't believe in doing them but I haven't actually asked.  Hmm, I'm just rambling....

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#5 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 AM

I was checked one time prior to labor on my dilation and my MW did a partial membrane sweep (she couldn't reach well enough to do a full membrane sweep).  I don't get checked during labor because I don't want to know.  

Things are going really well with DS, he is sleeping well for the most part and is pretty mellow, except when I don't feed him soon enough.  DD is adjusting, but will occassionally pull on his legs or arms and has pinched him once irked.gif.  I'm working to give her lots of positive attention, which seems to be helping.  DD is still really excited about DS, but sometimes does not get that he needs sooooo much attention that she use to get.

My sucky news is that over the weekend I started getting a tooth ache and then yesterday I went into the dentist.  We decided that the tooth needed to come out so I had it pulled.  It was a baby tooth that I never had an adult tooth for (weird, I know) and it finally was done.  Not, what I wanted to be doing at 1.5 weeks postpartum.  But I suppose it was better to have it done now than when I was pregnant.  The worst part was that because I am breastfeeding they had to use lidocaine instead of the numbing meds they normally use and they had to keep adding more--it took a long time to get me numb enough to pull the tooth.  Yesterday I felt pretty crumby, but am feeling better today--just really tired.

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#6 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Jenna, post away, the chat threads especially are for anyone who wants to join in at any point. I think that's kind of the idea about a general chat thread. I totally understand the hot and uncomfortable thing. I've been that way for a couple of months, and it doesn't help that I live in South Florida where its really hot and really humid right now, add in hormones and nights are no fun. I do hope you can get some rest before labor though. My MW suggested the sleepytime tea with Valerian Root in it. I've done that the past two nights (along with sex with DH for the prostaglandins) and I've slept better than the previous couple of months. I'm GBS negative, so that's not a factor for me, and I wouldn't even be thinking about asking if I hadn't had the check last week. I think I'm not going to ask, and just let things be for now, but I may change my mind again by tomorrow.

Earth-Mama, so sorry you had to have dental work done so soon after birth. Sounds like it was needed though. I'm glad your DD is adjusting to the new baby. I have no idea how DS will cope, but he's only 14 months and I know that he will very quickly forget what life was like when he was an only child.

#7 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the welcome Lyn.  I want to have more sex but often end up not because it makes me sleep worse.  I really should have just turned on the A/C last night, I think I was in that weird twilight zone where you avoid reasonable courses of action bc you feel so tired.  Like when you need to pee but keep laying in bed hoping you won't have to? LOL.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#8 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Sorry about your bad tooth earthmama, glad you got it taken care of though.

#9 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 AM

So great you have a good sleeper Tamera.  DD wasn't even a great sleeper but I felt like I got way better sleep when she was a newborn then I did when I was pregnant.

#10 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

DS was a good night time sleeper, but for the first couple of months I really struggled to get him to sleep during the day. It is so much easier to stay sane when you both get enough sleep.

I'm hoping this LO will be a good sleeper both day and night.

#11 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm getting sick of being pregnant. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying being close to my babe and the ease of taking care of him/her. Not to mention I'm so nervous about messing up being a mom (though I have complete confidence that I'll do a good job... make sense? didn't think so.)

I'm just starting to get really uncomfortable. And these stretch marks are out of hand. And I want to hold my baby.

/end rant

Can I join the "mamas with babies" club now? Please? praying.gif

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#12 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 AM

Lynann, thanks for starting a new thread. The old one got sort of unwieldy. I understand feeling curious about dilation/effacement and the temptation of getting another cervix check. I had one last week, and I think I'll get one this week to see if there's any change. Also, my OB is considering a membrane sweep if possible, and since I want to get things moving before 40 weeks, I think I'll do that if possible.

JennaW, welcome. Sorry you're hot all the time and can't sleep. I hate to admit it because I live in Maine and it is only in the 70s this week (50s at night) but I am really hot all the time, too. I can't imagine living in an even warmer climate.

kylaskye, sorry you're sick of being pregnant. Hope you will see your LO before your due date.

earth-mama, having tooth aches does not sound good so shortly after delivery. But at least you were able to take care of it so easily. 

Tamera, yay for having a good sleeper. 

AFM, tried to take a nap this morning, but couldn't fall asleep. The baby decided to spend the time moving about. Then during lunch it felt like he was turning his whole body around several times, sort of like he's rolling inside me. I thought they would stop doing this once they're engaged? Hope he didn't decide to unengage just to be more like DS1. But honestly, today is like the most painful day in while except it's mostly just baby moving and stretching pain and not ctx. Let's hope it's going somewhere

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#13 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Lynn - Maybe your feeling nauseous is prelabor? We can hope, right? I'm right there with you on the internal checks. I didn't have any with DD, but I asked for one at my last appointment because of the prodromal labor I'd been having. She said I was at 3.5cm, but only about 60% effaced. I'm so tempted to ask for another to see if my cervix is getting softer, but I think you're right about being disappointed by the results.

Tamera - If you don't mind me asking, are you cosleeping? Augustus is such a sweet little guy, and it's wonderful that you're sleeping so well!

Jenna - I've found that midwives are more than happy to do an internal check if you ask them, they just generally won't bring it up. I was a little nervous about asking, too, but my midwives are all about the love. I don't think they would ever act in a way that made me feel judged and I'm sure that yours are the same.

Earth Mama - I'm so sorry you had to get dental work! And it sounds like you're being really understanding of your DD, which is good. I have noticed that my DD has been coping a lot more attitude than usual lately, and I'm sure that the impending birth is part of it. The other part may be the fact that she's almost 5, haha.

Kyla - I am so with you! I've been pretty uncomfortable and I just feel like I'm dragging so much of the time. Last night I was thinking about how much easier it is to take care of him while he's still inside, though. So I guess there are benefits, but yeah, totally ready to be on the other side.

AFM - Thinking of Jessica today! I'm sure we'll be hearing good news about precious Olivia's birth soon. And definitely hoping to hear some good news from Italiamom, too joy.gif Love to both mamas and their families.

Thank you to all the mamas with kind words about DF's work situation. They had some jobs come in and so it does look like he'll getting some steadier pay for the time being, but that still depends on him being there so he won't be able to spend much time off work when DS is born. Which is okay, I guess. I hope he'll be able to take the two days at the birth center. Both of my parents live nearby and plan on helping, so that will be nice.

Last night DF stayed at work late. When he got home I told him how two of the mamas I "know" best from the DDC were in labor and that I was kind of sad, not because I was jealous, but because I was going to miss their company. You know, like when you're waiting in a reaaaally long line and you make friends with the people in the line near you, and then they get called and you are just waiting by yourself. Anyhow, he started lecturing me about how I wasn't even due yet, that I had two weeks left (excuse me, 12 days is NOT two weeks) until my due date and that I was just being impatienthammer.gif . I could. not. believe it. It made me feel even more alone, not to mention totally pissed off .

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#14 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mareseatoats I totally understand that feeling about Michelle & Carrie both going into labor yesterday. They are two of the most regular and encouraging Mamas around here and they both left for laborland at the same time. Unfortunately our DP just don't get how much the support on here keeps us sane, especially in these final days/weeks.

FischK I'm with you on the moving rolling pain rather than contractions. When my MW checked last week the baby was full posterior, and it feels like the baby is trying to move to anterior. I'm definitely not getting the kicks and hand movement I had last week, but rather its stretching and rolling movement that can actually be very uncomfortable. Its also stopping me from taking the naps my body is so desperately crying out for.

I'm also in that want to be done, but want to keep baby inside place. With all the demands from DS it is so much easier, albeit more painful, to be pregnant right now. At the same time I'm really looking forward to holding this new baby and nursing. I'm so desperate to make nursing work this time around, but I also know that its going to be a huge adjustment for DS to have to share me with a tiny baby that needs to nurse 24/7 for the first few weeks. Fortunately DH is taking a whole week off when the baby comes, then the second week he is only going to work until noon, so I'll still have help from him the second week. Then MIL has offered to help out, but I'm not sure yet just how much help she would be, although she has been much nicer to me these last few visits, so she might actually be useful to have around that first week that DH is back at work full time.

I'm so tired and sleepy right now even though the last few nights I've been getting more sleep. I think it may be my body trying to store up some rest before labor. They do say the babies can start sleeping for longer the few days before labor starts, so I'm kind of hoping my body is doing the same thing.

#15 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post
When he got home I told him how two of the mamas I "know" best from the DDC were in labor and that I was kind of sad, not because I was jealous, but because I was going to miss their company. You know, like when you're waiting in a reaaaally long line and you make friends with the people in the line near you, and then they get called and you are just waiting by yourself. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

Mareseatoats I totally understand that feeling about Michelle & Carrie both going into labor yesterday. They are two of the most regular and encouraging Mamas around here and they both left for laborland at the same time. 

Oh mamas!  happytears.gif  You are both so loved!  I may be snuggling my cute boy, but I am with you as well.  I could not, WOULD not, have gotten through labor without all of you.  I mean that with all my heart and soul.  I said it in my birth story, and I'll say it again, but I chanted, "I have the strength of all these women," meaning all of you.  I knew you were all rooting for me and cheering me on in your hearts, lighting candles from far reaches of the country and of the earth.  It is POWERFUL magic.  It helped!!  

Anyway, I have lots of access to the comp even with a new baby.  I have my laptop and my phone and I'm not going anywhere for a lonngggg time.  I'm still here.  

So, AFM.  Well, I am feeling pretty darn good for just pushing a 9 lb baby out my hoohah.  I barely tore.  I can't believe it.  I tore more with Nora and she was 7 lbs!  I can't even begin to talk about how different this birth was from my last.  Just a complete night and day experience.  I feel totally healed from my past birth trauma, and am so SO glad I did a natural home birth again.  I was afraid I was not strong enough, but now I know that I was.  I am.  I did it!  I'm still sort of riding high on endorphins I think, but man, do I feel like a warrior.  Like I could do anything!

Remember how my platelets were an issues?  My mw says I win the award for LEAST blood loss.  She was looking and waiting for blood and was just completely floored at how little blood I've lost.  It's awesome.  I feel great.  I could not have asked for a better experience!  She also made me this amazing comfrey concoction to squirt on my lady bits that feels a bit like heaven every time I use the bathroom.  

Anyway, this is not to brag one bit but to just tell you guys I'm still here, I'm going thru my own thing, but I'm still reading along and posting!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#16 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie I am glad everything went so well with your labor, and yeah for the lack of blood loss. Looks like all those months of preparation and sacrifice were well worth it.

I'm also glad you'll still be online some, but I don't think any of us are expecting you to be quite as active as you were for the time being. Enjoy the new baby snuggles and get some rest.

#17 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Has anyone heard from Jessica? I know she went in last night for an overnight induction, but not heard from her since.

#18 of 91 Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 PM

I'm hoping we hear from Jessica soon too! I get worried about you girls ya know? grouphug.gif

#19 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 05:39 AM

Hi girls!

Just dropping in to tell you I am being induced this morning!  I tried to start a new thread but my computer is being screwy and wouldn't let me.  I went for my OB appt yesterday and my bp was a little high at 137/89 and I had a little protein in my urine.  So this morning at 8 am is it for me!  They are going to break my water when I get there and hopefully things will pick up on their own.  I really dont want the pitocin so hopefully I can avoid that.

Wish me luck!  I'm ready to meet my sweet little girl!

#20 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 AM

All the best to you Bethany. I wish you a swift and easy labor and delivery.

#21 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Good luck, Bethany!  Sending you positive labor vibes! goodvibes.gif

#22 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Hope everything goes smoothly Bethany and that you don't need any drugs to help.

#23 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

It sure is quiet around here.

I'm feeling more energetic today, ironic that I had a lot less sleep last night too. I have my MW appointment at 4pm this afternoon and feeling very confident that I don't need her checking me for progress. I know I'll go inot labor when this baby is good and ready for it, and no prelabor numbers can actually say when that will be anyway. Even DS seems to be in a better frame of mind today. He always looses his afternoon nap when I have a MW visit and he slept until after 9am this morning (which is over 13 1/2 hours of sleep overnight) so that should help balance out his sleep for today.

My back and hips still ache all the time, but I actually feel like I can handle doing a few things today. i'm also slowly working away on finishing the fitted cloth diapers. I get a few done everyday and I know its slow but I will get them finished at some point. I also did manage to get the wool soakers lanolized so that is now out of the way and they are ready to use. I'll try to get some pictures of this stuff posted on the crafty mamas thread later on once DS goes down for his nap.

Hope everyone else is having a good day to, and hope we here something from Jessica soon to let us know she is holding her sweet Olivia.

#24 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 09:44 AM

Good luck, Bethany!

I also hope that Jessica will soon tell us how things went.

Lynann, great that your son slept in this morning and good luck at your appointment.

Carrie, glad to see you're still around even though the baby is probably keeping you busy!

AFM, DS1 decided that he needed to see me at 3.45am and in the process almost strangled his dad who was co-sleeping with him. So, they burst into our spare bedroom to wake me up. I thought the house was on fire or something. It took me an hour to go back to sleep, but at least DS1 calmed down really quickly once he was in my bed.

This morning we met with our new tenants and signed a rental contract for our old house. They seem like awesome people, but I'd still rather sell it. Maybe it'll be easier in a year or so. The real estate market here is horrible and noone buys anything even though prices are already really depressed.

When I got home I fried up a pound of bacon for lunch and keeping some around in the fridge. I don't want to keep too much food in the house, but bacon is easy to store and DS1 loves it so it will come in as an easy dinner addition should the baby be born today or tomorrow. Unlikely, but I'm seriously obsessed with planning for the occasion.

This afternoon I have an OB-appt, and I believe she's planning to strip my membranes if possible. At the practice I go to they check everyone at 39 weeks. I'm sure I could refuse, but it doesn't seem like a battle worth fighting, esp. since I am sort of curious (and almost convinced there hasn't been much progress since last week). If I'm still at the same point, I'll be more likely to do things that'll help dilation, like spend extra time walking or on the birthing ball. And if they can strip the membranes, then great, and if it works even better. DH assured me that he'd be done with his final paper by tonight which means we're ready for the baby to come!

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#25 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am Jessica's due date buddy and have not heard anything from her yet, but if she contacts me I will update everyone!

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#26 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 11:10 AM

Hello everyone...

I had a shitty day yesterday, but it has led to a beautiful day.

Went to the midwife's yesterday, as always...I walk down the hill and it's totally fine because I'm super fit and healthy. I drank plenty of water and munched olives and almonds. Took my sweet Ferdinand with me, because he is such a sweet wonder-dog. Met DH at the birth center. Had the appointment and was in high spirits because I am 38 weeks and healthy and buttercup is moving beautifully.

THEN, we started the non stress test. We have been doing these WEEKLY since I was 6 months a long. NOT because there is anything wrong with this pregnancy, but because it makes my midwife feel better. It doesn't make ME feel better. It makes HER feel better.

The non stress test was fine. Buttercup responds nicely with movement and perfect heart response. However, her heart rate was a tad lower than it normally is, which IS normal as pregnancy progresses, by the way!!! As babies get bigger, their heart rates get a little slower. NORMAL. Midwife assessed baby's fluid and her estimated weight which was about 7lbs 3 oz. . .a peanut!! Acted all concerned because "She could gain two more pounds before birth though...." And then, She goes and says "I need you to go to the hospital because of that low heart rate."

Nothing else.

Just....go to the hospital because of the low heart rate.

She leaves the room, without any comfort and calls the hospital, and as I hear her talking she whispers into the phone "stillbirth last time"...and my heart FROZE.

We drove to the hospital. We were admitted into the OB section into the SAME f-ing room (room SIX) that I delivered my first stillborn son. The SAME f-ing doctor was on call. The SAME CHAIR where my husband held our dead baby was next to the SAME bed with the SAME UGLY COMFORTER.

They hook me up. I sat there with a monitor strapped to my beautiful belly for over an hour.

AND NOTHING WAS WRONG. NOT EVEN A BLIP or a BLEEP or a GASP!

I was so upset. SO upset to be treated like a time bomb. I could hear nurses whispering "Had a c-section 22 years ago. High risk. Stillbirth last time. Almost died."

I am NOT high risk! I have had high risk things happen to me. BUT, I AM NOT HIGH RISK! This is a healthy pregnancy! My baby is FINE!! I AM FINE!!!!

They let us go with the list of signs of pre-eclampsia...but NOTHING about how to prevent it, which, by the way, there ARE ways to prevent that from ever happening!!!! Thank god I know what they are!!!!!

We went home, assured our poor terrified boys that everything is FINE. We went to bed, without having sex, because both of us were just...wrecked.
DH woke up with the same stomach pain he had after our loss, and I tossed and turned all night long. Total PTSD reactions. In both of us.

This morning, DH came upstairs after his shower and said "I do NOT want that woman delivering my daughter. I do NOT want you to go to the Birth Center! I want you to be SAFE and that means you have to be HOME. I want you to call "S" because SHE is the hippie midwife in town, and SHE will give us the birth we want and deserve. I realize now that we are SAFER at home than with a scared shitless woman who CALLS herself a midwife but knows NOTHING about herbs, natural pregnancy or birth or instilling confidence in a family. Hell, her stupid center doesn't even have a COUCH...it's NOT HOME and we should be HOME to birth our daughter!!!"

Wow.

I am 38 weeks pregnant. I started to cry as I looked around at all that has to be done to have a homebirth. And I knew that he was ONE HUNDRED percent correct on EVERY level.

I called my best friend. She was elated and totally supportive. She apparently hated my midwife and thought she seemed medical and sterile.

I called another great friend and she offered to help clean my house tomorrow and all weekend if need be.

I called the La Leche Leauge leader....and she had the phone number for "S" the midwife.

I called "S"...told her my whole story...told her everything that was giving us doubts about the birth center...and she agreed to do the birth!!!!!!!! We can make little payments (for the rest of my life) to pay her, and she is more than happy to help us have a water birth in our bathtub. She is more than happy to help us feel empowered...and IF she says "Go to the hospital" I will KNOW that it's because she feels something IS wrong, rather than that she just got spooked!!!!!

So...I am having my little girl at home. I am going to get to labor in the gully, where my twins ashes are resting,
and in my garden...petting my best canine friend in all the world...while my boys are comfortable, safe, and able to just "hang" out in the yard, their room and the play room as needed. MY food will be here to be cooked...I won't have to pack anything else, or worry that I've forgotten something, or wish I'd thought of something else, or feel sad that I didn't have something I wish I had.....She will be born at home, like her brothers, in the home where her parents make love, in the home where we won't have to LEAVE once she is born!!!! I will wear my two stranded birthing necklace, with all the love and support of my sisters in life...

I am having my little girl at home.

And suddenly, everything, everything, EVERYTHING seems right about that!!!!!!!!

At 38 weeks I am switching to a midwife I've only heard about, and once, years ago, met at an Ina May Gaskin conference. At 38 weeks I am switching providers. And I feel happier about that than I ever could have imagined!!!! I won't have time to "get to know her", but all I need to know is that SHE is a midwife who GETS birth...and who is willing to be a wise woman, with a smile, laughter and the joy that this little girl and her family deserve after all the HELL we've been through.

I am having my little girl at home....and THIS is what Ferdinand has to say about the birth center and the midwife that has made me feel dis-empowered ALL ALONG...

And I agree with him!!!

I am having a homebirth...and it is going to be beautiful.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#27 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 AM

Wow, EB, I am so so sorry for your terrible NST experience but so happy there was a "silver lining" in it for you.  Praying for a beautiful and safe homebirth for you.  

#28 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 PM

(((EB))) Sorry you had such a terrible experience. It sounds like your decision to switch care providers was an excellent choice. you will be able to get the peaceful, beautiful birthing experience you and your family deserve! Buttercup is going to be such a blessed little girl!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#29 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 01:28 PM

sara, mama you are AMAZING! I cried when I read your post on FB, and I stand every day just floored at your strength. You WILL get that homebirth, and your little rainbow baby will be here SO SOON! And really? What materials do you honestly HAVE to have for a hb, ya know? Get some crampbark, get some towels and some pads, and it'll all work out!

omg mamas I get to meet my SON tomorrow! EEEEEEKKKK!!!!! SOO flipping excited!joy.gif

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#30 of 91 Old 08-18-2011, 03:11 PM

EB, I totally cried reading your post. I'm so sorry for your losses, but happy you get to have a peaceful, healing homebirth to welcome your little girl!
Bless you mama:)

Bethany - easy labor vibes your way!

Lynann - glad you are feeling better:)

Afm, I've been feeling better too. I went to the chiropractor Tuesday and my symphysis pubis feels much better! I go again tomorrow, and a friend just offered to pay for a prenatal massage so I'm getting one tomorrow morning! I'm so going to enjoy it!smile.gif it was totally an answer to prayer and I'm so thankful!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page