Ada Grace is here! Updated w/ pics and story******! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We had a very smooth birth for the most part.  I had to get pit, which I didn't like but it wasn't that bad really.  We just got home today and we are doing really well.  I had a small tear that's a little painful but not too bad.

Ada Grace is doing great!  She weighed 7 lbs even and was 19 and 1/4 inches long.  She's so tiny!  We are so in love! 

I will try to update more with pics and detailed story.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 08-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Yay! Congrats! Enjoy snuggling that sweet baby girl! :)

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#3 of 12 Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 PM

Oooh that is a peanut baby!!  Can't wait to see pics and hear the whole story!  Yay, welcome Ada Grace!! I love her name, it's beautiful!!  

Get lots of rest and happy babymooning, mama!! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 12 Old 08-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Congrats and welcome, Ada Grace!

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#5 of 12 Old 08-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Congratulations!  Can't wait for pics!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#6 of 12 Old 08-20-2011, 07:25 AM

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her

#7 of 12 Old 08-20-2011, 09:39 AM

joy.gif  congrats mama! love her name. love.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#8 of 12 Old 08-21-2011, 01:45 AM

Welcome, Ada Grace! I look forward to pix! Much happiness to you, Bethany, and all your family.

#9 of 12 Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 AM

Congrats!  Welcome little one.

#10 of 12 Old 08-21-2011, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Here are a few pics!

DSC03266.JPGDSC03301.JPGDSC03274.JPG

#11 of 12 Old 08-22-2011, 09:29 AM

Aww, she is a doll baby.  Congratulations!

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#12 of 12 Old 08-25-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Here's our story...took me a long time to get back on here.  After birth pains were pretty bad and with family here things have been a little hectic.

We went in for our 40 OB check on Aug. 17th to find my bp had become elevated and I had protein in my urine.  We had to schedule an induction for the next morning.  I was a little disappointed as I was induced with my first daughter for low fluid and really wanted to experience going into labor on my own.  But, things did turn out better than I expected.

I had to be at the hospital at 8 am on Aug. 18th, my due date.  We got there and got settled into our room.  My bp was higher at this point than the day before so I was glad we were doing something about it to be on the safe side.  I was 2 cm, 70% effaced and -1 station at that point.  I had my water broken at 9:30 when the doc finally got there.  I also had to get pitocin, which I had been wanting to avoid.  I have horrible veins and the nurse actually got my IV started with one try, I was relieved.  My contractions started out pretty slow but were very regular.  Things cranked up pretty quickly as I thought they would after about an hour or so.  They had not checked me at all so I had no clue what kind of progress I was making or not making.  I caved and got the epidural which I really wish I hadn't.  I so could of done it on my own! 

The epidural is a story all on its own!  The guy had me lay down on my left side and crunch up, which was excrutiating.  My DH was standing in front of me holding my hand.  All of a sudden I hear the anestesiologist say "Wilson sit down!".  My DH passed out!!!  He fell onto my legs and then hit the floor.  I broke out into tears at that point.  But he was not hurt, just more embarassed.  I was worried something like that would happen as he's not too good with needles or blood.  Then, while my husband lay on the floor for the remainder of the procedure, I have my epidural inserted.  The guy doesn't like the placement, so he has to do it again.  At this point, I'm so mad.  But hurting really bad and didn't know how far I was.  As soon as he was done I was rolled over and checked....I was complete!  I gave a push for the nurse and the head came down really fast.  My epidural had not even taken completely yet.  They got me set up and called my OB.  I was feeling a ton of pressure at this point.  The charge nurse came in and had me push one more time to see for herself where baby's head was.  I was told not to push at that point b/c the head was right there.  It felt like forever trying not to push while my OB made his way there.  And the next thing I know her head just comes right out without pushing during a contraction.  I then was told to push so I could get here body out.  She was laying on the bed as my OB popped into the room.  I had her before my epidural even took full effect, I so wish I had not gotten the dumb thing!!!  My husband's like can we get a discount since he didn't deliver the baby??? LOL.  I had a small tear but nothing too bad. 

Ada Grace was born at 2:40 in the afternoon, covered in vernix.  She cried immediately and was soooo tiny!   She was 7 lbs even and 19 and 1/4 inches long.  Sara Beth, her big sister, is doing great with her.  Comparing baby pictures they look almost identical but Ada has a little more hair and its a tad darker.  We are absolutely in love with her!  She is a super good eater just like her sister was!  Now we are enjoying our baby moon.  I can't believe she's already a week old today!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page