Belly wrapping post pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my baby is 2 weeks old and I've been wrapping my belly everyday. I have also started to wrap my hips but not as much...yet. I still have 5lbs to lose, and this is baby number 3. So here is what I've noticed, my stomach still has a a bit of a pouch and the skin is flabby but for having a baby just two weeks ago I think its pretty good. I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy pants (it depends on the cut). Anyone who has seen me has remarked that they can't believe I just gave birth. So I definitely think its helping. With my last 2 pregnancies it took about 9 months for my hips to go back to pre-pregnancy size. I'm hoping if I keep it up I'll be back to my size when my little one is 2 months old. Besides what have I got to lose other than some inches...lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 08-21-2011, 04:55 PM

I have been. My favorite part was the awful no good after pains stopped as soon as I started wearing it! I did not start until 24 hours after Kendra was born. She is 6 days now and i think i look pretty darn good. I have not even tried anything on but sweats and I know my hips are still pretty wide, but aside from a little pooch up high my tummy is pretty flat and I notice even when I take it off to shower that I am holding my core in. I did not buy a binder though, it is just a piece of fabric and I am not sure how much i will wear it around in public, although it will be a couple more weeks until I really have to do more than pick DD up from school.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#3 of 20 Old 08-21-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fitmom View Post

So here is what I've noticed, my stomach still has a a bit of a pouch and the skin is flabby but for having a baby just two weeks ago I think its pretty good. I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy pants (it depends on the cut). Anyone who has seen me has remarked that they can't believe I just gave birth. So I definitely think its helping.

Same here! My husband is stunned at the difference. thumb.gif  I'm using Shrinkx Hips and an elastic abdominal binder. I am thrilled with the results so far.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#4 of 20 Old 08-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Quote:

Same here! My husband is stunned at the difference. thumb.gif  I'm using Shrinkx Hips and an elastic abdominal binder. I am thrilled with the results so far.

That's good to know! I bought the shrinkx hips and an elastic binder from motherhood. I'm hoping they work for me too!smile.gif

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#5 of 20 Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 PM

I was super pleased with mine too. I took it off today because i am dealing with some sacrum pain (sunny-side up!) and it was making it worse, but overall it feels SO much better with it on!!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#6 of 20 Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM

So here's a question...

Do you have to start binding immediately after birth to see the benefit, or can you start a couple weeks later? My son was born about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I haven't done any binding. My stomach is very poochy and flabby. I'd really like to do something to help get it back to normal. Is it too late for me?

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#7 of 20 Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

So here's a question...

Do you have to start binding immediately after birth to see the benefit, or can you start a couple weeks later?

The hormone relaxin stays in your system for about six weeks after birth. That's your window of opportunity. Go for it!

janie
#8 of 20 Old 08-22-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

So here's a question...

Do you have to start binding immediately after birth to see the benefit, or can you start a couple weeks later?

The hormone relaxin stays in your system for about six weeks after birth. That's your window of opportunity. Go for it!

Thanks!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#9 of 20 Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 PM

Is it comfortable to sit with the binder on?  I bought the medela one but couldn't stand how the velcro dug into my skin, and no way could I sit.  Not very useful when half or more of the day is spent sitting nursing!  LMK.  Thanks!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#10 of 20 Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM

Mine is comfortable.

janie
#11 of 20 Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM

Can you guys tell me more about Shrinkx Hips ?? The amazon reviews are mixed and I am wondering if it can be too good to be true? Have you all had a positive experience with it? Also, how long (per day) did you wear it when you got good results?

#12 of 20 Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 PM

What are you girls using to bind your belly? Last time I tried with an ACE badage and didn't see a difference...I stopped using it after about 2 weeks because it just felt think under shirts and kept riding up when I sat down...... Would love to try it again but with something else....

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#13 of 20 Old 08-22-2011, 05:44 PM

I bought the cheaper version from Motherhood and it's very comfortable. The elastic doesn't bunch, it holds things in (which makes all that sag hurt less) and makes my tummy look flatter (haha) Well worth the $11 I spent!

Here is the one I use:
http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=914950113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32

I got it on clearance at the outlet!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#14 of 20 Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Here is a link to various kinds of binding that are more comfortable and attractive.

http://www.hourglassangel.com/

I went to a local store and found something similar to the hourglass angel slim vest and I love it.

#15 of 20 Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Do you guys just use the belly binder during the day or is it something you sleep in? Silly question, I know! Also, how snug do you make the fit?

I had an 11.3 pound baby and am really wanting to help get my stomach back into shape.

Thanks!

#16 of 20 Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, that is one big baby! Congratulations. As far as wrapping your belly I wrap mine whenever I can. I often wear it to bed and I also try to get it as tight as possible. I am now 4 weeks pp and think it has really helped, my hips are not back to pre-prenancy size but I'm hopeful.I only have another 2-4 weeks left for this to work.praying.gif

#17 of 20 Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 AM

I wore mine at night for about 4 days pp, then took it off for sleeping after that. Wore it all during the day till about 10 days pp, and since then I've just been wearing it here and there. This is my fourth,but first time wrapping my belly and I've noticed a HUGE difference! My hips/tummy are pretty close (minus sagging skin) to prepreg, but my thighs aren't! I wish they had thigh wrapping products lol!

#18 of 20 Old 09-06-2011, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

They do have thigh wraps, go to the sports section in walmart, and you'll find wraps there for various body parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

I wore mine at night for about 4 days pp, then took it off for sleeping after that. Wore it all during the day till about 10 days pp, and since then I've just been wearing it here and there. This is my fourth,but first time wrapping my belly and I've noticed a HUGE difference! My hips/tummy are pretty close (minus sagging skin) to prepreg, but my thighs aren't! I wish they had thigh wrapping products lol!

#19 of 20 Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 PM

but will they actually SHRINK my thighs, or just hide them? lol

#20 of 20 Old 09-07-2011, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

lol, I don't know. It may work, you never know unless you try. Besides the only thing you have to lose is in your thighslol.gif

Good luck and let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

but will they actually SHRINK my thighs, or just hide them? lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page