Whos Still Bakin'? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm happy to say I'm no longer still baking! Andrew was born last night at 11pm exactly. He was 9lbs 5 oz! 

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#62 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM

"I'm still here!!!"

I didn't experience loosing my mucus plug last time as I started labor with my waters breaking. I can't believe just how much mucus there is inside me. I've been loosing chunks since yesterday morning, and I mean big globs of the stuff, and still there seems to be a constant supply of the stuff. We really thought labor started last night, but after several hours it stopped (again) and nothing since. I really, really hope this baby comes by tomorrow because this start/stop nonsense is driving me crazy, not to mention robbing me of sleep.

How is everyone else that's still bakin' doing?

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#63 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 01:30 PM

I'm still here, too!  I was really, really down yesterday -- better so far today.  I comforted myself by reading some interesting studies on due dates and how off-kilter the classic dating mechanism is.  I have almost successfully convinced myself that I'm actually only a day or so past 40 weeks at the moment, and that it's OK to go to 42 weeks.  Mostly when I freak out it's because (1) I fear placenta degeneration (there were a couple of little calcified spots on my 39-week ultrasound, but nothing major, and (2) I really, really am committed to my homebirth and do NOT want to have to go to a hospital to be induced because stupid MA state law requires that at 42 weeks. 

So, yeah, still here.  I have almost constant BH when I move around, but that's about it. 

#64 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Congrats Love4Bob!  Fantastic news!  Maybe it will spur some of us on...

I am still here.  41 +1

Magdalen...thanks for the reassuring stats.  I am trying to walk and walk the stairs alot.  Also, apparently sitting on a birth ball can help get things going as well.

I am trying not to get down....but sometimes I just feel like this is never going to happen. Which I know is nonsense...

#65 of 76 Old 09-05-2011, 12:56 PM

I was so convinced this would be a Labor Day baby, and its almost 4pm and no sign of anything happening.

I think I might have finally finished shedding my mucus plug though, after 3 days of almost constant mucus clumps. I had no idea there would be so much of that stuff. I'm 40+6 today, and pretty sure of my dates being accurate. Fortunately my CNM doesn't have a 42 week restriction or a 24 hr restriction for waters breaking, so I'm good to go for as long as the baby does, although I'll have to do a biophysical profile by the end of this week if the baby still isn't born by then. I'm also seriously contemplating the castor oil milkshake this coming weekend if I'm still pregnant. Since I'm HBACing I really, really don't want to get beyond 42 weeks.

Hopefully something will happen soon.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#66 of 76 Old 09-05-2011, 02:56 PM

New to the group, but long time mothering member....

Lynann,  Can you tell me by any chance what restrictions your midwife does have?  I'm on the other coast of FL & hit 42 weeks tomorrow & it sounds like I get transfered at 42+2 because of "State Law" which of course I can't find the actual laws for....  and she's super strict about the 24 hour water breaking "rule" too.   confused.gif

I would LOVE to know what the "rules" are for you over there!

Thanks in advance!!!

#67 of 76 Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

I was so convinced this would be a Labor Day baby, and its almost 4pm and no sign of anything happening.

I think I might have finally finished shedding my mucus plug though, after 3 days of almost constant mucus clumps. I had no idea there would be so much of that stuff. I'm 40+6 today, and pretty sure of my dates being accurate. Fortunately my CNM doesn't have a 42 week restriction or a 24 hr restriction for waters breaking, so I'm good to go for as long as the baby does, although I'll have to do a biophysical profile by the end of this week if the baby still isn't born by then. I'm also seriously contemplating the castor oil milkshake this coming weekend if I'm still pregnant. Since I'm HBACing I really, really don't want to get beyond 42 weeks.

Hopefully something will happen soon.

The castor oil shake worked wonders for me. I'd go for it if you feel like you and the babe are ready.  Sometimes things are just too miserable for mama.

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#68 of 76 Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetemama View Post

New to the group, but long time mothering member....

Lynann,  Can you tell me by any chance what restrictions your midwife does have?  I'm on the other coast of FL & hit 42 weeks tomorrow & it sounds like I get transfered at 42+2 because of "State Law" which of course I can't find the actual laws for....  and she's super strict about the 24 hour water breaking "rule" too.   confused.gif

I would LOVE to know what the "rules" are for you over there!

Thanks in advance!!!

Do you have a LM or a CNM, as that makes a huge difference here in Florida. I had a LM last time and had to transfer care to the hospital after my waters had been broken 24 hours, which eventually led to a c/s. This time I have a CNM and we talked about this in quite a bit of detail. CNM's have a lot less restrictions and she doesn't legally have to transfer care 24 hours after ROM, but can let me just continue to labor. I also asked her last week about time limits for postdates, and she said that she didn't have to transfer care.

Her protocol is that after 40 weeks I see her twice a week, then after 41 weeks I have to have a biophysical profile done to make sure baby is OK (can have it anytime that week before I reach the 42 weeks mark), then if I go past 42 weeks I have another biophysical profile done etc. She did say she has never had a Mama go to 43 weeks, so she has never had to deal with that, but as long as both Mama and baby are doing well according to the biophysicals then she is happy to continue waiting. I'll be 41 weeks exactly tomorrow and unless I have the baby before then I have an appointment with her at 3pm, so I guess we'll be discussing arranging for a biophysical profile for later on this week.

#69 of 76 Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 AM

She's a CNM.  I hit 42 weeks today & will be scheduling my first biophysical when they call, possibly today.  We talked a lot about this in detail during my first appointment, but now she is saying 42+2 is the longest possible because "the law is the law" an her "hands are tied" which wasn't the case 7+ months ago....  **sigh**  This is my first, but I was born at just over 44 weeks so this was something I KNEW to ask about!

Thank you for letting me know what your CNM's protocol is!   That really helps to let me know I wasn't imagining my first appointment!!!  LOL 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

Do you have a LM or a CNM, as that makes a huge difference here in Florida. I had a LM last time and had to transfer care to the hospital after my waters had been broken 24 hours, which eventually led to a c/s. This time I have a CNM and we talked about this in quite a bit of detail. CNM's have a lot less restrictions and she doesn't legally have to transfer care 24 hours after ROM, but can let me just continue to labor. I also asked her last week about time limits for postdates, and she said that she didn't have to transfer care.

Her protocol is that after 40 weeks I see her twice a week, then after 41 weeks I have to have a biophysical profile done to make sure baby is OK (can have it anytime that week before I reach the 42 weeks mark), then if I go past 42 weeks I have another biophysical profile done etc. She did say she has never had a Mama go to 43 weeks, so she has never had to deal with that, but as long as both Mama and baby are doing well according to the biophysicals then she is happy to continue waiting. I'll be 41 weeks exactly tomorrow and unless I have the baby before then I have an appointment with her at 3pm, so I guess we'll be discussing arranging for a biophysical profile for later on this week.

#70 of 76 Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM

stpetemama, So sorry that your CNM has changed her tune. Since I'm HBACing I've been very clear with mine about needing to know transfer of care issues. If I transfer to the local hospital its an automatic RCS for me, so we really, really wanted to avoid that.

So I had more timeable contractions last night. Some were even lasting more than 1 min 30 sec, and less than 5 minutes apart. I used an online contraction timer for an hour to see what was actually happening and they were definitely getting longer, stronger and closer together. Then after 4 hours of contractions they stopped AGAIN! angry.gif I'm getting crampy again this morning, and STILL loosing some kind of mucusy stuff. I'm no longer convinced its just mucus plug because there is no way it could have contained the amount of mucus I've lost since Saturday morning. I'll definitely be asking about it at my appointment this afternoon.

I'm definitely getting very impatient, but mostly because I keep loosing sleep at night to all this start/stop contracting. Its time for this baby to come out and show us if they are a boy or girl.

#71 of 76 Old 09-06-2011, 11:57 AM

AGGGGHHHHHH.  Still here, also!  Lost a dime-size bit o' mucus yesterday, but that is it.  Lots of baby activity and rectal pressure (sorry for all the TMI) today.  Otherwise, nothing doing...  My mw wants me to start biophysical profiles next week sometime -- she's fine with going by the new 9/5 due date, fortunately.  But I'm so not digging the idea of going another almost two weeks here. 

I'm getting very antsy!

#72 of 76 Old 09-07-2011, 06:33 AM

Sorry to leave you ladies but I finally graduated to the Mamas with babies thread. Look forward to seeing you all on the other side, but will still keep up with whats going on here too.

#73 of 76 Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 AM

Emerging butterfly is still grumpily pregnant. Had contractions most of the night but I am still not in real labor and am feelin g impatient. Will have internet tomorrow so will be able to talk more.I want my b aby now!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#74 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thinking of you ladies! C'mon, ELV!!! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#75 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 07:03 AM

Still here.  I'm feeling really wiped out today.  Drank some cumin tea in the hopes that it would do something yesterday, and it did make me crampy, but they faded.  Boo!  I'm 40w4d according to the "new" due date.

Had a good mw visit yesterday.  We'll probably do a biophysical profile next Wed. (I'll be about 41w2d at that point) if nothing seems to be happening babywise, just to put everyone's mind at ease.  She's still moving a ton in there and definitely getting bigger!  At this rate she'll weigh a lot more than DS did.  I don't doubt that I can birth a bigger baby, but I admit to being a bit intimidated.   I just want to meet her.  Come on, already!  Of course, I have a haircut scheduled for today, so it would be great if I could start feeling yucky during that.ROTFLMAO.gif

#76 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM

I'm still here too. 41w3d today. I've been trying to stay active and have been crampy, but that's about it.  At least I was at 3 cm and 75% thinned on Wed., so things are slowly going in the right direction. Really hoping things get moving this weekend, maybe the full moon will help! Prob going to get acupuncture in the next few days. I get induced on Wed. (at 42w1d) if nothing happens before then and I'm really not looking forward to that....

Amyread.gifsewmachine.gif - married to my best friend bikenew.gif and mom to DS jog.gif  born September, 2011.

winner.jpg    nocirc.gif    femalesling.GIF    familybed1.gif    cd.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page