Whos Still Bakin'? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

100_5485.JPG

This week is my "EDD" Or what I consider " EDW" Im pretty sure NOTHING will happen soon... BUT I am soooo ready to met my new little person! I am "due" the 25th , so friday really. But who knows really. My babies are/were all Overachievers of the Uterus!  I am sort of thinking that September he/she will show up? It was such a beautiful day today I couldnt help but take a picture. I LOVE the way the clouds look and the overgrown grapes are hanging, turning green to purple, the other sunflowers are like me, hanging out in full bloom!

It seems like EVERYONE has birthed their babies, I know thats not true, I know there are more mamas out there!

Who is still baking their little ones?

Peace, live and light!

mama to 4 awesome little beings, F 6yrsknit.gif, P 3yrshomebirth.jpg, N 2yruc.jpg, A 9mths,,uc.jpg, expecting #5  in the spring joy.gif
#2 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM

Here! Due in a week. Finally getting the feeling of I AM DONE. So I know it will be soon. DH's last day of clinical work is today and I am SO happy. Kids are going to watch a movie, I'll do some ironing and then wake up in the am knowing that DH will have the entire month of September off. Very cool.

#3 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 11:53 AM

I always love your pictures- you live in an absolutely gorgeous area.

I'm still baking. Somewhere between 41 and 41+5 today. SOOOO ready to meet my little one. Never thought I'd end up being one of the last ones in the group pregnant.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#4 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 PM

wave.gif Still here too! I am soooooo done! I am due this weekend(Friday/Saturday), but I keep hoping it will happen any time now. We have hurricane Irene coming on Friday, and it's supposed to be a cat 2-3, so I really hope he comes before then! Thursday DH is getting a vasectomy(it was the ONLY date that they had before we moved, so he had to take it...) and my mom flys in that evening then DD1's open house at her school in the evening too, so he can't come then. Haha but that is probably the day he decides to be born since it's such a busy day! I reeeeeally don't want to be driving 40 miles in a hurricane to get to the birth center to have this baby, so I'm hoping he comes in the next 3 days....

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#5 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 12:13 PM

I'm still hanging on too. I'm not "due" until 30th, a week tomorrow, so I still have potentially 3 weeks of waiting. I'm trying to mentally prepare for this baby to come Labor Day. DS was a Memorial Day labor (although born the day after thanks to a very, very long labor) and when we realized we were due within a week of Labor Day we joked that it would probably be then. I think my babies may like holidays for marking their arrival.

I had the false labor from hell last night, and have decided I'm going to stop torturing myself by thinking it could be any time now. Instead I'm going with Labor Day and expecting NOTHING before then.

I also agree with how beautiful your picture is Mama. I do wish it was a bit cooler down here so I could enjoy being outside more.

Angie I know what you mean about Irene, as I'm currently in a direct hit path with her too. It'll be my first hurricane here if she does cross our path, but I'm not going to worry about it unless DH tells me to start packing, as he leaves town for direct hits. It would mean going to stay with his family which would really suck this close to delivery, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#6 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post

wave.gif Still here too! I am soooooo done! I am due this weekend(Friday/Saturday), but I keep hoping it will happen any time now. We have hurricane Irene coming on Friday, and it's supposed to be a cat 2-3, so I really hope he comes before then! Thursday DH is getting a vasectomy(it was the ONLY date that they had before we moved, so he had to take it...) and my mom flys in that evening then DD1's open house at her school in the evening too, so he can't come then. Haha but that is probably the day he decides to be born since it's such a busy day! I reeeeeally don't want to be driving 40 miles in a hurricane to get to the birth center to have this baby, so I'm hoping he comes in the next 3 days....

Oh man! that would prove to be a interesting delivery! better prepare for a homebirth just in case!  It would be lovely if us mamas could pick a week at least for our babes to be born... wouldnt it?!?! LOL.

This week week/end will be busy for us too.. Not that I want it to be though. My parents decided they are coming up to our house to "camp" which they have done in the past, they know Im due this weekend, and I REALLY dont want them "hanging out". we are planning ot UC so the less eyeballs on me the better! I dont know why they feel so inclined to hang out THIS WEEKEND! we both told them to wait till after the baby is here to head up. I am sort of thinking that the baby will make a apperance this week, just to prove to be a interesting entrance.

mama to 4 awesome little beings, F 6yrsknit.gif, P 3yrshomebirth.jpg, N 2yruc.jpg, A 9mths,,uc.jpg, expecting #5  in the spring joy.gif
#7 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Still here. Due tomorrow, 8/23. I was hoping not to be waiting anymore and today would have been the perfect day numerically, but I think this baby may not be into numeric perfection or have the desire to be a Leo. Oh well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will come soon and if not then, he will come later.

For those of you in the path of Irene, I will be thinking about you. Hope the storm spares your area!

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#8 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

tiphat.gifI'm still here, too. About 100 weeks pregnant (or 39). Glad I'm in good company!

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#9 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 PM

I haven't been posting much but I'm here!  I'm DDB with AgathaAnn and I thought I'd beat her to it, with all the false labor I've been having.  Since the end of July and we had a false alarm a few days ago that was so convincing we called the midwife out in the middle of the night.  For nothing.  I felt like sobbing; this is so hard!  And I don't have a concrete date to go by so it's a little frustrating.  I have had DD of the 11th (LMP), the 21st (gender US) and the 30th (early US).  Our midwife was not comfortable with the 30th because she heard the hearbeat a week before that so it seems really far off.  She was talking about maybe taking some action by the 25th.  And she recommended homeopathic cohosh, cauliphyllum and cimicafugia.  Anybody heard about those?  From the research I did I wasn't comfortable taking them but it would sure beat a medical induction.

And I lurk so I "know" some of you from past posts:

Mamatwo8:  you always have great pics!

love4bob and Lynann:  my dad is in Fort Lauderdale and was planning on coming up tomorrow but the hurricane is hindering his plans, he has a boat down there that he needs to get ready for the storm.  Good luck to you, I hope you don't get caught in it while you are in labor!

FischK:  that's funny, I keep thinking of great sounding due dates and she's not really into that either, apparently!

Mareseatoats: I feel 100 weeks pregnant too.  Sucks!

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
#10 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM

I'm still here too.  40 weeks 1 day

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#11 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 02:20 PM

I know I haven't been posting much, but I'm still here too. 40+3 today. Nothing is happening so far, so I think I'll be here for a while longer.

mamatwo8- that picture is gorgeous.

#12 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 02:43 PM

I don't post much either. But I'm still here. 39 +3 today. My DD was born at 39 so it was really hard not to get excited about an early arrival. Saturday was a bad day...I just felt totally bummed all day. The cloud has lifted a bit now and I'm starting to focus on the weekend. Hoping it happens then or before then. I was really hoping for the 29th anyway (the back up mw that is super supportive of hvbacs, is back from vacation then)...just hard to keep perspective when you hurt ALL over.

#13 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 04:05 PM

I'm still here.  :(  DS was born a month early so I have been ready and waiting since the end of July.  I'm not due until Wednesday, and I had just gotten my head wrapped around the fact that this one might not be born until September, when out of the blue I start having contractions today.  I'm so afraid to get my hopes up (especially with all the prodromal labor going around) but I really hope this is it!

#14 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 PM

I'm still here. I've been more quiet than normal, but I've just been feeling pretty anti-social. DH has been really anxious, and the in-laws are starting to get on my nerves. 

I'm half tempted to just be a hermit for the rest of this pregnancy. 

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#15 of 76 Old 08-22-2011, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm here--41 weeks today. :-(

#16 of 76 Old 08-23-2011, 10:27 AM

Still here too.  40 weeks today! Hoping she magically decides to come today so we don't have to start talking induction....

First time mama!  belly.gif
#17 of 76 Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 PM

I'm still bakin' too:) I'll be 39 weeks Thursday.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#18 of 76 Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Still here! And now we've all got Virgo babies.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#19 of 76 Old 08-23-2011, 08:20 PM

Yup, it'll be a virgo. No matter what. 

#20 of 76 Old 08-24-2011, 07:22 AM

Still here, 39+1 today. Trying to ignore anything labor related until either its active labor I have to concentrate through or my waters break. I'm being driven crazy by the prodromal labor tease. If it wasn't all start and stop I think I could wait quite patiently for this baby to arrive whenever they decide to. I'm trying to focus on having to wait until Labor Day.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#21 of 76 Old 08-24-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

Still here, 39+1 today. Trying to ignore anything labor related until either its active labor I have to concentrate through or my waters break. I'm being driven crazy by the prodromal labor tease. If it wasn't all start and stop I think I could wait quite patiently for this baby to arrive whenever they decide to. I'm trying to focus on having to wait until Labor Day.

That's how I feel about the prodromal labor, too, Lynn. If I didn't think something might be happening so often, and with no baby at the end of it, it would be a lot easier to wait.

#22 of 76 Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 AM

I have my weekly appointment this afternoon, so it'll be interesting to see what the MW thinks of all this prodromal stuff, and if she can feel any change in the baby's position.

#23 of 76 Old 08-25-2011, 09:20 AM

I was due 8/20 according to my ultrasound

this is my longest pregnancy ever today at 40w5d...

I tried rubbing castor oil on my belly in a hot bath last night...i am too afraid to drink it. It is hard to read some of the birth stories right now because I am scared she will never come out on her own and I will have to have medical induction! This pregnancy has been very stressful very traumatic as it was the result of a rape by fraud/deception situation. (more details in the blog  www.sgcmermaid.blogspot.com

She still seems to be moving well every day. I feel like I have just been under so much stress that my body won't open up but I am terrified to have a hospital birth. I want an unassisted home water birth in my bathtub since my unassisted home water birth with my son was so easy and peaceful. I am going to go walk like crazy today and hope she will come out on her own soon. 

I'm pretty sure sex induced me with my son in my last pregnancy at 37 w 6 d....I have no partner this time around to give me any love/physical affection...and I can't seem to find any other effective home induction methods. 

I know I will be even more emotionally destroyed for the rest of 2011 and maybe 2012 if I end up with any kind of hospital birth, especially a c-section. That is one of my top fears. 

#24 of 76 Old 08-28-2011, 05:35 PM

Its been a few days since anyone posted here. So just how many of us are left still waiting for labor to start.

I'm not at my EDD yet. I'm not "due" until Tuesday, but today at Church I was so sick of people asking when the baby is coming. I'm not even past my "due date" and people around me seem way more impatient than I am. We even got a phone call from MIL this afternoon stressing about how she is planning on going out of state in just over a week and she'll be soooo worried if I haven't had the baby before she leaves, especially if we need help, or it turns into another hospital transfer. Firstly its a vacation and she could take it anytime, NOT my fault she planned it for during the window of time this baby could arrive. Secondly she lives 4 hours away, and is NOT invited to the birth, she is the last person I want to be around while I labor as I don't need her stress around me. Thirdly there is no point on worrying about the worst that could wrong, even if it did happen we would just deal with it, and right now the worst case is going past 42 weeks and having to have a RCS instead of the VBAC we are planning. However we do have a hospital just over an hour away that we could transfer to that does VBACs, and my MW has already been in email contact with the OB at that hospital who does most of them, so we could just face an induction with this OB, but with our MW still with us for support if we do end up postdates, but since I have OVER 2 weeks before then I have plenty of time for this LO to make an appearance.

How is everyone else doing that's still bakin'?

#25 of 76 Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 PM

I'm still here. I was due yesterday, and I hope it happens soon. My mom is here, but can't stay too long. I'm not feeling well today at all. I've been having contractions on and off that don't go anywhere, and I'm so nauseous tonight! :(

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#26 of 76 Old 08-28-2011, 06:19 PM

And just after I posted I went and threw up.... yuck! Hopefully it's a sign labor is coming soon.....

#27 of 76 Old 08-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Still here, too. I was hoping the storm would put me into labor, but no such luck. I'm 42 weeks tomorrow, but 41 + 2 by the hospitals date (they gave me the choice of 2 dates and I chose the latest one to buy myself a few days before being pressured to induce).I did feel strongly that my "real" date was the first, the fifteenth. But honestly I don't really know for sure what the due date really is. I have an appointment on Tuesday with a doctor (apparently the midwives aren't available) and I'm hoping she's not going to pressure me to induce. Honestly, the baby seems fine. There is plenty of movement and the heartbeat is fine. My blood pressure and urine are fine. I may consent to a NST, but I hear they have a high rate of false positives. And I really don't want another ultrasound.

But I've been getting a lot of cleaning done. :-) DH has been very helpful with that, only complaining minimally.

#28 of 76 Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM

Still here, too. It's sort of annoying. I'm 40+6 tomorrow, and I'm scheduled to go in for a U/S for fluid levels and an NST. The OB will also do a cervix check. And once all that is done, we're going to have a talk about what is going to happen next. If all is well, I'd be fine going to 42 weeks, but I already know that the OB and her partners are much less thrilled about that option. DH would be on board but he's more reluctant b/c his parents are coming on Tuesday to help out and to meet the new baby. So, I anticipate a bunch of pressure coming my way in the next few days.

On the other hand, I've been having some ctx and cramping for the last two days. It seems particularly pronounced in the morning with ctx getting more intense and closer together, but around lunch time they end and that's it for the day. Hoping this is doing something at least and getting my body ready - either for a natural start of labor or for a successful induction. I really don't want that RCS either.  

#29 of 76 Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 PM

FischK, what's an RCS?

I'm hoping to go into labor soon. I'm inserting EPO vaginally and am considering castor oil soon. I'm trying to give myself up to 43 weeks, which will be 42 weeks tomorrow. However, considering the hospital's due date, I will only be 41 + 2 tomorrow. Maybe I'll give myself until next Monday? Surely the baby will come before then, though? I've almost given up hope, as it feels like I've been pregnant at this point FOREVER. But I have to remind myself that I'm not really sure of the due date and it's just an estimate. I've been nesting like crazy, cleaning off my very cluttered desk, organizing and decluttering the bathroom closet and I'm about to start under the bathroom sink, as well. Hopefully, the full swing nesting is a sign. I so want to meet this babe.

I've really been enjoying my (nearly) 19 month old DS lately. Everything he does is so adorable. I've been feeling extra gently towards him, too. luxlove.gif

#30 of 76 Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM

RCS is a repeat c-section.

PL, it must be a bit more unsettling not being totally sure of exactly when you are due. My BFF had that issue with her 6th DD who was born at the end of June. She never had a proper cycle after weaning DD5 when she found out she was pregnant again, so she had no LMP to go on and had no idea how far along she was when she found out. They were UP/UCing and so she just had to wait out all the potential dates until she finally went into labor. Nobody stays pregnant forever, but even with baby no 6 she got to feeling impatient and frustrated. Glad you are enjoying these final days with just your DS. That's what I'm trying to focus on doing too.

FischK, hope you don't get all that pressure you're expecting. Hopefully labor will kick in soon and you won't have to even talk about induction or RCS. I'm fortunate in that my MW has so far been as laid back as DH & I about those topics. I want to wait as long as possible before we go down that road, so I totally get where you are coming from.

Angie, hope the sickness/nausea is the start of labor for you.

I haven't had any contractions since Thursday, but I've been sleeping a lot instead, just not at night. All I want to do during the day is sleep, and I've been taking naps whenever DS has, but that means nothing is getting done around here. I really need to catch up with some cleaning so I'm going to try and skip the naps today. I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow, so still potentially another 2 weeks to go.

I really wanted to have this baby sometime during week 39, as the stats for VBAC show greatest success rates at 39 weeks. However it seems like this baby has other ideas. I did go to 40+5 with DS so it won't surprise me if I still have about another week before this baby finally gets the show on the road. I've been telling DH the whole pregnancy that this baby is going to come on Labor Day, so by that only a week to go.

I do hope this group becomes extinct in this coming week because we are all snuggling up with our babies in our arms instead of in our bellies. I don't even mind being the last one standing if I get to hold my baby by this time next week.

Hope you all are having a good day and get to be in labor land really soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page