My water broke! = added updates and a picture at the end - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

hug2.gif That's awful about CPS. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully the rest of your blood work will come back just fine. hug2.gif

Magnolia is just beautiful. Congrats again!

#62 of 70 Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Focus on Magnolia, mama.  CPS is just a headache you don't need.  You know you've done nothing wrong, and I'm sure they can't be bothered to really give you a hard time once they see/get the information they need.  

You just love on your baby girl!!   It's going to be ok.  You've done NOTHING wrong.  

She is beautiful, Stormy!  You did good.  You did real good.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#63 of 70 Old 08-25-2011, 07:23 AM

Stormy, I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this stress right now. Try to not let the Mommy guilt get you, the best thing you can do for your little girl right now is heal so you can be there 100% for her. Letting her go to the nursery while you rest was a really good choice! You have lots of time to make up for it. Praying for a swift recovery so you guys can get home and get on with being a family.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#64 of 70 Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 AM

She is beautiful!!! I hope the CPS thing goes okay. That makes me mad that you would be put through that after all this, even if it is "routine". Grrrr.

For me, the hardest part about the c/s was the separation afterward. It took me a long time to forgive myself for what happened after my son's birth. Even if it wasn't directly my fault, I still felt a lot of guilt. Nursing and co-sleeping were key. We nursed around the clock once I got DS back and I was with him all the time. I hope you can go home soon and really start healing from all this. It will take some time but eventually your confidence will return. If you have any trouble nursing get help asap. For me nursing was what made the difference. My confidence in my body and myself as a mother returned b/c I could see how much he needed me to grow. We ended up EBFing for the entire first year and he didn't self-wean until 12 days shy of his 3rd birthday. Get support and don't listen to the people who try to say, "at least you have a healthy baby". Though their intentions are generally good those types of comments are destructive and invalidating. Wishing you loads of love, support and baby-mooning.

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#65 of 70 Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post
Letting her go to the nursery while you rest was a really good choice! You have lots of time to make up for it. 

yeahthat.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#66 of 70 Old 08-25-2011, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

oh Stormy she's beautiful! Can't wait to see all that hair. smile.gif

I refused the eye drops & hep B but got the Vit K. No CPS so far for me. And we were also at St. Davids.
Don't feel like a failure. You will have so much time to make up for those missed hours.

Yea, we ended up getting the Vit K. I'm glad I chose St. Davids- they seem a lot less judgmental and more natural minded than Seton- plus when I went to Seton for an emergency it was so dirty. St. Davids feels almost like a 5 star hotel in some parts of the hospital.

Thanks for "listening" ladies. It helps to have people who somewhat under why I'm upset that my birth didn't turn out natural.

I just went down to NICU again and they are going to let her room in once she finishes her last IV of antibiotics. I'm so excited, I just can't wait. I've had to keep her all swaddled and feed her bottles. I talked to a hospital social worker today. She seemed impressed I'd UPed and knew what I was talking about. She ask me about barbiturates and I was honest that I had no clue what could have caused a false positive but ran down the list of herbal supplements I was taking them and what they were each for. She said she wasn't going to report to CPS, but that it wasn't her duty anyway but she was going to pass the info along to the person in charge tomorrow. I talked to Magnolias doctor and told her similar- she seemed impressed I had done so much research. She said it isn't rare for those test to come back positive and that she would approve of me breastfeeding now. Hopefully there hasn't been too much damage done with the formula.

So if all goes well, I should have her snuggling in my room in less than an hour- and hopefully home snuggling in less than 24 hrs.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#67 of 70 Old 08-26-2011, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm so glad that you'll have your baby with you very soon and especially that you'll be able to be home within a day to snuggle her up and enjoy her. :-) Enjoy your baby moon with Magnolia. joy.gif

#68 of 70 Old 08-26-2011, 05:36 AM

As I was falling asleep last night, Stormy, I was thinking of you and Magnolia.  The movie Steel Magnolias popped into my head, and this morning I googled magnolia flowers.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnolia

"Magnolia is an ancient genus. Having evolved before bees appeared, the flowers developed to encourage pollination by beetles. To avoid damage from pollinating beetles, the carpels of Magnolia flowers are extremely tough."

I think your sweet girl is going to be just fine.  You gave her that name for a reason.  luxlove.gif

#69 of 70 Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM

She is so beautiful!  Welcome little one.

The separation after a c-section is truly one of the hardest things to deal with.  I highly recommend reading Silent Knife - Chapter 4, to help with a little of the processing.  I am still upset at the thought of being separated for 6 hours from DD over 2 years ago.

Good luck recovering and getting to know your little one.

#70 of 70 Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Beautiful baby!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page