Mothering Forum banner

My water broke! = added updates and a picture at the end

4K views 69 replies 32 participants last post by  ursusarctos 
#1 ·
I was on the phone with my mom and the minute I sat down in the chair my water broke! It gushed everywhere. Went to the bathroom and had lots of mucus, slightly pink. I'm still dumping what feels like buckets of water. No contractions yet though.

Going to eat dinner the try to rest for a bit. I only got about 5 hrs of sleep last night and none today.

#12 ·
first time lurking lately with even one hand free. so many good wishes for your birth, mama! hopefully you are holding your little one as i type!
joy.gif

#14 ·
Aw mama, good luck!! Hope you're snuggling your little one in no time!!

#16 ·
These contractions have been kicking my rear end. They've been pretty much 3 mins or less apart since around 10 and its 1 now. Got in the tub to see if it would help- it did but very minimally- next time I'm renting a birthing pool. I thought our tub would be big/deep enough- I was so wrong! I'm trying really hard not to fear transition because I know it'll make it worse... but I'm a little concerned about how much worse it could get.

#17 ·
In both of my labors, I found that when I couldn't take it anymore, I was almost done. It's so hard not to fear. Those feelings are normal.

You're doing great mama

#23 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.