I think (pray, hope...) I am in labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was sleeping really poorly last night and having some contractions.  Then the contractions really started to get an "edge" to them.  Got up to go to the bathroom and had lots of bloody mucus, contractions continued.  Tried to go back to sleep but they were getting pretty painful, and neither DH or I was able to sleep so we just got up.  Been having contractions anywhere from 2-9 minutes apart, most of them about 30-45 seconds in length.  Painful enough to breathe through but can still talk and move if I want.  

I went ahead and decided to send DD to my friends house, I just didn't want to risk getting short with her and I don't know when the "turning point" will hit.

This is a whole new experience for me because I was induced last time.  Praying that today is the day.  I am going to be so discouraged and embarrassed if it turns out to be a false alarm.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 AM

Don't be embarrassed if it's a false alarm!  I went to the hospital two times with "false" labor and this was my third baby!  I do hope this is it for you, though!  Fingers crossed.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM

FXed for you!!!  I'm sure things will pick up now that your DD is out of the house.  Once children are settled where they are supposed to be, usually mama can focus and labor can get established.  Hoping this is it for you!!  ELVs!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Sounds like it could be it for you! Good luck!! :)

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Sounds like labor to me! Lots of ELV coming your way mama! goodvibes.gif

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM

Hope this is the real thing for you, and your next update is announcing the baby's arrival.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Old 08-23-2011, 10:59 AM

How exciting! Lots of peaceful birthing vibes your way!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

I really don't know what to think.  Contractions still coming every 3-6 minutes, about 45 seconds long.  Painful but not unmanageable.  I feel in limbo, feels like this HAS to turn into harder labor at some point but also feels like it may just stay this way "forever".

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!

User Tag List