Birth Control? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Is FAM Natural Family Planning, like charting to determine peak fertility times?

I believe Mothering put out a really good book on charting to achieve or avoid pregnancy naturally. I have the book and used it to get pregnant with DS. Seriously, I was within a month of reading the book. I'm planning on charting this time to, only charting to avoid for a while. I won't take anything hormonal, though. I've tried birth control pills and the patch when I was younger and didn't do well with them. We do plan to have 1 more child. I'm not too worried about an "oops" before I am ready, though. I plan to exclusively breastfeed and I hear that *most* of the time it takes quite a while until you're fertile again. I got my period back early with DS because he had surgery at 2 1/2 months of age and they wouldn't allow me to nurse him for an entire week. But this pregnancy was also planned for us. Ideally, I'll TTC again after a couple years, so there will be 3 years between babes this time. But if it doesn't work out that way, it isn't the end of the world for me.

#32 of 32 Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate IUD's. I'd have my twins if it wasn't for my IUD. I hate them. HATE them.

So...that being said......

I've used a diaphram with success...but, it's not the greatest for impromptu sex. With as many kids as we have...impromptu sex is sort of....needed. Unplanned moments are essential.

We've thought of the essure system. It's only for people who are SURE they are done. It's not surgical or hormonal. They just put tiny coils in your fallopian tubes, and they cause enough scarring to block the tubes, rendering you infertile without cutting up your body or causing any damage.

Dh is apparently not ready to commit to something so permanant. The guy loves having babies apparently. Wants to wait at least a year or two before we say "NO MORE". wow. After all the stress and worry of this pregnancy...I can't beleive he'd want to do this again...I am not sure, no matter how much I love my babies....I don't know that this mama can go through this again. Not sure my body wants to do this again...not sure my spirit could take the stress or possibility of another loss. But, our policy is to listen to each other....so, I'll use a diaphram, because I do not do hormones well...my cousin died from blood clots related to YAZ birth control and left 3 little ones behind without a mama. No thanks. She was a year older than me. so sad.

Diaphram, constant nursing which will pretty much assure that I am naturally infertile (that's how it's always worked anyway....) and then...we will revisit the idea in a year or so. More kids???? We'll see. I have one thing to say....if in a year, we STILL have a negative bank balance...I'm getting the coils. Dh assures me that won't be the case. But......at the moment...I totally feel like mary walking into Nazarith riding a freaking donkey into a barn. I can't beleive my student aid and regular writing gig were cancled last minute. We'd be fine otherwise. Lame. Dh always has a slow therapy month in July...his clients take advantage of the rare beautiful weather, and he can't fault them for that! After all.....ending depression and anxiety in the warmth of summer through activity is something he enourages!!! So.....he has a slow month....and no bonus....which we needed. Especially this year. Maybe next year will be more abundant? Whatever....I imagine that next year will just feel lovely....because, we're having a little girl....and that reminds me of everything beautiful in the universe.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page