Please send us vibes, prayers... **update in post 24** - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 38 Old 09-01-2011, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SOOOO happy to hear this.  When we got home from our unexpected hospital trip, we all took showers/baths and spent some time snuggling in bed together. I hope you get some time to re-connect with you DS and re-orient your family to home-life. By next week, this will just be a memory and you'll have 2 healthy beautiful children to love on. :) 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM

so glad to hear you are home. Home makes everything better! 

My thoughts echo Cat13's words, in a week or two all this would be something that happened in the past that Martha won't even recall.

rest, feel better!

#33 of 38 Old 09-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
oh yay, I'm so glad you're home! Good for you, mama bear, for catching this early and getting Martha the early care she needed! How did you recognize the infection? Enjoy your time home with your beautiful kiddies! love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#34 of 38 Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Tear, to be honest, I didn't recognize it as as big of a deal as it was. I probably would have waited a day or two and just taken her to her ped early in the week, and by then the infection could have gone to her bloodstream and gotten more critical. I had sent a picture of her armpit to my midwife, who said we should go to the ER or urgent care right away.

This situation makes me so, so grateful to have chosen a care provider I could touch base with at any time. If we had waited another 24 hours the hospital stay could have been more serious.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#35 of 38 Old 09-03-2011, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm so glad you sent the pic to your midwife and she reacted! Obviously you weren't comfortable waiting if you sent the pic to her. I'm really happy everything turned out ok. love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#36 of 38 Old 09-03-2011, 01:11 PM

Great job Mamma, you did everything perfectly for your babe.  I'm so glad you have her back home now!  Congratulations joy.gif

First time mama!  belly.gif
#37 of 38 Old 09-03-2011, 04:44 PM

Had to check I n with [email protected] phone. Sooooooooo glad martha sweet is doing better! Love you

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#38 of 38 Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 PM

I would love it if you would describe what the infection looked like and send us a picture here... just for my own knowledge so that if I ever see anything like it on my own babies I might know better what to do. 

And I so empathize with what you went through.  One of my children developed a fever of about 102 when he was 10 days old and the nurse was very alarmed and sent us to the hospital where we were admitted.  I very well remember watching them poke and prod my baby with spinal taps, iv's, and other things and how awful it was, and I still had a nursing 20-mont-old at home as well!  I am so glad that everything worked out so that you could get home sooner, and that Martha continues to improve!

M.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page