Emerging butterfly...impatent!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies...today is my due date, and I am at a neighbors because our internet is still down...and looks like it will be down for a week more at least. blah. However...I couldnt stay away and so weedled my way into my neighbors house to stalk you all!

Still no sign of my buttercup girl.

Yesterday morning, around 4, I started having contractions...the kind you wonder if maybe they might MAYBE become something to think about...they were 10 minutes apart, but wimpy and nothing to speak of...but, they were noticable, and regular. Sooooo....I made a gigantic apple pie, cleaned the house again...as if there was anything to clean, because seriously...there is nothing amiss in the house right now. I might shampoo the carpets again, just to have something to do. And then, I washed the dogs, and took a looooong bath (a cool one because it is soooo hot here right now.) and then, I went to the gully to visit my twins rock...I planted some buttercup seeds there that I found on the trail just waiting to blow in the wind. Prayed for a long time...sweet meditation and the inner demand for peace and hope and trust. Because...oh...I need those things. Deeply. Ferdinand just lay by my side as I sat there on a stump that I'd rolled over to the rock so I could sit without messing up my hips again. I sat there for about an hour or so. Breathing.

Went home, found a nervous neighboir waiting for me outside. She was all aflutter because she'd seen me walking off and was worried I'd go and have the baby in the woods. Ha! I wish!!! She told me not to scare her like that again. I told her she had nothing to worry about, that I would love to have my baby in the woods, but that wasn't the plan...no...I'd have the baby at home. Then she really freaked. Oh my god....AT HOME??????

Yup.

At home.

Exactly where I should have planned to be from the beginning of this pregnancy instead of wallowing in fear and trauma. Thank goodness I came to my senses before my little girl was born!!

She hugged me and acted SO worried.

Yeah. I need more worry. sigh.

Mother in law called this morning shreaking that she wanted to know why we hadn't called her about the baby.

Huh???

Dh said "Uh...mom...Sara's due date is today. She hasn't had the baby yet."

I could hear her ranting about how she would have thought I'd be in labor at least by now.

yeah. great. Well, guess what. I am NOT in labor "by now." Thank you for pointing out my defectiveness.

Poor Dh.....He had to leave for work with her screaching in his ear.....

Today is my 15 year olds first day back to highschool...he's excited. He says it's because he's not burned out like his peers...he was homeschooled until last year...this is still a novelty to him...He had a fun summer, and now, he's excited for a fun school year.

Longing to hold my little girl my sweet lady friends. I'm so envious of all of you with your babes nursing.....I know she will be here soon....but...I've waited so long. SO long.......It seems like I've been waiting to hold my baby for two years. Its been two years since our loss....and I've been waiting to heal...to cry those tears of healing....to just.....be.

I made our birth annoucement in the tradition of our little family. I always create an art peice to represent the new arrival into our family....this one is really special to me. I depicted our family, complete with buttercup in my arms sitting upon the earth...looking out into the universe where Simon and Alexander are holding a star....it felt really good to include them. My boys....the ones who didn't get a birth announcement...the ones no one talks about....the ones who are as real to me as any of my other children. So...when people get this announcement, our twins will be there too....and they will have to see. They will have to see the beauty of our WHOLE family.

I see my twins bringing buttercup to us all....safely.....I have to see it that way. I have to.

Michelle.....thank you so much for the package.....your words were so needed. Thank you..... joy.gif

As much as I wish I could check back later, I know I can't....I can access you on my husbands cell, but it won't let me log in for some reason...so I can only read.....I can't respond. Boo.

Love you all..........so much. Be well.....

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 33 Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 AM

Since you can read replies to your thread I just want to say hang in there EB. Today is my due date too, and poor DH is the one getting all the comments at work everyday. We will both be happily holding our babies soon enough, and "enjoying" all that pain and discomfort of those early breast feeding days.

Remember nobody stays pregnant forever. Sometime in the next 2 weeks we WILL be holding our bundles of joy.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#3 of 33 Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM

I'm glad you can at least read along!!  Buttercup will be here soon, EB.  Have faith in that, and don't let anyone else's fears become your own.  Let them carry their own worry.  

Your birth announcement sounds gorgeous. 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 33 Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 AM

rooting for  you mama! you sound sooo in the right frame of mind (and yes, impatience is part of it ;-)).

you are in my thoughts, when she is right and ready she will come and I am soo excitedly waiting to hear the news.

#5 of 33 Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 AM

Reading your post brought tears of hope and happiness to my eyes. Sending you lots of love Sara, and hoping your little Buttercup makes her appearance soon! 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#6 of 33 Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 PM

I am over due, and still haven't started labor either! DH is getting tons of comments from his parents as well as at work, and we are tired of it too! I am getting really impatient.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#7 of 33 Old 09-03-2011, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Rying to use dh phone to touch base as internet is still down ....not easy. Still pregnant. 3 cm dialated and 50% effaced at minus 1 station.....but...no regular c@contractions. Walking...ate labor cookies and all manner of spicy food...lots of sex and nipple stimulation..visulization....and having horrid tearful nightmares about losing our baby girl. Not sure I can take more nightmares...want her in my arms sooooooo bad! An owl flew in to a tree 10 feet away from us last night....we were in awe..a great horned owl. Dh told me to take it as a good omen ....and oh how ı want to! Miss you. All so much...getting cramps with this phone keyboard though.....love you ladies...will keep you posted.joy.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#8 of 33 Old 09-03-2011, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the update Sara, I was wondering how you were. Sending you lots of happy, healthy baby buttercup vibes.  Don't worry, she'll be safely in your arms soon enough!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#9 of 33 Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 PM

Sara! I had thought of you this morning... Or rather, a quick visual of you had popped into my head first thing. You in a pink sleeveless nightgown, nursing little buttercup in bed, with a little boy looking on. The image made me smile.

Glad to hear you are hanging in there okay. We are all waiting with bated breath for sweet little Buttercup!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#10 of 33 Old 09-03-2011, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was thinking about you today, too! I look forward to hearing about how you bring your little girl safely into the world! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#11 of 33 Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM

Thinking of you today, Sara!!  I hope all is well -- and am keen for an update from you soon!  love.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#12 of 33 Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM

Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#13 of 33 Old 09-06-2011, 01:12 PM

dust.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#14 of 33 Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Midwife just came... 80% effaced, 5 cm....she can't believe I'm not in labor yet. Working on it.... Soon. Soon......

Love you ladies....

#15 of 33 Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 PM

Hope it happens SOON!! :)

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#16 of 33 Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

Midwife just came... 80% effaced, 5 cm....she can't believe I'm not in labor yet. Working on it.... Soon. Soon......

Love you ladies....

Good Luck! Can't wait to hear all about Buttercups beautiful birth!

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#17 of 33 Old 09-09-2011, 03:21 PM

Oh sweet little Buttercup, come and meet your poor mama already!!

EB, I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be a fast, sweet birth.  I will keep you in my thoughts today that you get to meet your little girl very, very soon.  XO!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#18 of 33 Old 09-09-2011, 03:23 PM

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

yay! sounds like you will be holding buttercup soon!!

(though if i were buttercup, i would be holding out for a 9-10-11 birthday. winky.gif )

much love and elv's your way, mama

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#19 of 33 Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Sara! Great to see an update. You are sooo close to holding your precious buttercup and I just can't wait to hear the news of her birth! Hang in there...you're almost done!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#20 of 33 Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 PM

been thinking of you!
#21 of 33 Old 09-11-2011, 08:04 PM

hope you are well EB, think of you often and sending some lovin thoughts your way.

#22 of 33 Old 09-12-2011, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still in labor. Still waiting for a sign to push. Still having strong, but lame contractions that only inch forward. Tonight midwife is going to be more aggressive....baby is fine...mama is tired.

Got a little nap in today. Hopefully her tactics get things moving. 42 weeks pregnant, and I'm getting emails that congratulate me on my 2 week old baby. nice.

Love you all. Please send pushing vibes....I need to get this little one (now I'm sure she is ginormous) out. NOW. safely. Alive. NOW.

#23 of 33 Old 09-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Come on little Buttercup, we want to see pictures of you!  Listen to your mama and come on over to this side right away! goodvibes.gif

#24 of 33 Old 09-12-2011, 06:28 PM

Thinking of you and sending lots of active labor vibes your way!!  You can do this!! love.gif

#25 of 33 Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 PM

you are soooo in our hearts and thoughts!!  you have a GRIP of women sending you warm, squishy, chubby baby vibes. you are so close, mama!

and Buttercup, girl, your deerheart mama has waited long enough. she is ready to hold you, child. come earthside, sweet baby.

hugs to you, sara! hope you've already got that sweet baby in your arms. om.gif if not, soon. soon.

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#26 of 33 Old 09-12-2011, 07:05 PM

Oh sweet mama, I wish things weren't moving so slowly for you. I'm sorry to hear that labor is dragging. I will hold you and sweet buttercup in my heart tonight. May you two meet face to face very soon!

#27 of 33 Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 PM

I've been thinking of you all week too.  I hope she is born safely soon; I'm sending you some PUSHING vibes!!!  I'm thinking she's in the process of letting go of Simon & Alexander for a while so that she can meet her earthside brothers.  Many hugs to you and your family.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#28 of 33 Old 09-13-2011, 06:19 AM

thinking of you mama... sending pushing vibes and safe journey vibes your way.... peace , light and love :) cant wait to see your little one I bet she is ultra beautiful from all that extra baking! Hugs  mama

mama to 4 awesome little beings, F 6yrsknit.gif, P 3yrshomebirth.jpg, N 2yruc.jpg, A 9mths,,uc.jpg, expecting #5  in the spring joy.gif
#29 of 33 Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 AM

thinking of you! I hope you're cuddling her up in your arms nursing right now. dust.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#30 of 33 Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM

I just saw on Facebook that Sara had her precious Buttercup and they are both doing well.

Congratulations Sara! I can't wait to hear from you and see that beautiful girl!!!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page