New bleeding and postpartum SPD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-09-2011, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I stopped bleeding almost 2 weeks ago and totally thought I was good to go until I got my period back. Two days ago I started feeling a little yeasty and suspected a mild yeast infection. I figured I'd just treat it myself and see what my ob had to say about it when I have my follow up appt next week. Last night, I noticed a slight pink staining on the tp when i peed and by today, I have enough bleeding to need a pantyliner. What is up with that? I don't think it could be a period because mine always start out really heavy and taper off quickly. This is very different, plus I'm still a little itchy. Any ideas about what this could be???

The other thing I have going on is major pubic bone pain. It's worst at night if I sleep in my side and if I sit in one position for too long. It seems like SPD, but I didn't have it at all during pregnancy. Is it possible to just get it postpartum? What can I do to fix it?

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM

For the bleeding, I donno! I'm a csection and my bleeding has mostly stopped, but sometimes I get a gush of fluid that's mildly blood stained, mostly not.

For your hips, chiropractor :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Sorry, on my phone, but pink tinged discharge can be a symptom of a yeast infection. Id give ur hcp a jingle.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 09-09-2011, 07:55 PM

It's common to have pp bleeding/spotting after the initial bleeding is done, especially around 6 weeks pp.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 09-09-2011, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies. I think this would be considered more than pinkish or blood tinged though. It's very red and there was a small clot that came out last time I peed. I am going to call my doctor on Monday to see if I should come in sooner than my appt on Thursday.

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJennifer View Post

It's common to have pp bleeding/spotting after the initial bleeding is done, especially around 6 weeks pp.

Really? I guess I never knew this. I only bled for about 2 weeks after ds1 was born an didn't bleed again for 10 months. I figured this time would be the same.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had bleeding and spotting for 5 1/2 weeks at which point my period started duh.gif. But I agree that with the itching you might want to rule out a yeast infection. hug2.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

User Tag List