Baby not gaining weight. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, can you take your pump in when you see your LC and make sure your settings, flange sizes, etc., are all good? I found out this time I'd pumped with too-small flanges all last time!

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthinkn View Post

Oh, can you take your pump in when you see your LC and make sure your settings, flange sizes, etc., are all good? I found out this time I'd pumped with too-small flanges all last time!

justthinkn-

how should the flanges fit? the cup part always seems too large for my breasts, while the nipple "tunnel" seems too small. hmm. maybe i should google.

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#33 of 37 Old 09-17-2011, 06:44 PM

oh, and veggie mom, i meant to add this link last time. it really helped me to put time into perspective.

http://www.normalfed.com/Help/babyget.html 

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#34 of 37 Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 PM

Haven't figured out links on current device, sorry, but medela has some good articles with images about fit, I think! I ended up w 30mm (v 24) as best fit, nipples rubbing least on sides w/out breast tissue slapping around in a too big cup!

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#35 of 37 Old 09-17-2011, 10:27 PM

Veggiemom, this may seem silly and simple, but when I do need to pump, it seems to help me to look at photos of my babies. I'm pretty sure that's kind of a pumping 101 sort of suggestion, but it seems to help my milk flow.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#36 of 37 Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM

You mentioned that you didn't have a lot of time you eat. I found with my 2nd that if I didn't eat a TON, to hunger and then some, then my supply suffered. Plenty of protein and very little grains are the best for fussiness/gassiness I have found.

I hate that I am carrying 10 extra lbs right now, but I don't want to cut calories out of concern for my supply. It sucks to change your diet, but it is worth it for baby :)

#37 of 37 Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry, mama. hug.gif Kudos to you for working so hard to improve the breastfeeding! A really helpful pumping tip I got was: Don't watch the bag/bottle. When I looked elsewhere and thought about DD latching and sucking the milk came out better. Keep us posted!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page