Aaaah, Postpartum Lovin' !?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

whos feelin' it and whos not?    partners.gif  OR    hammer.gif

So since Fenix's birth almost 3 weeks ago DH has been ummm well needing me... I caved... and actually it was not as bad as I thought. with my previous DD's we waited like 2 weeks or so to DTD... and I remember it being much more of a "to satisfy my mans need" type of deal. which I guess in hindsight this was for the same reason rolleyes.gif this time was actually nice. It was nice to be able to share that with my man again... and not have a baby in bed, nursing.. granted she was right next to us in her cradle... but still. Boobs on the other hand, sort of annoyed me to be touched... like they arent touched enough during the day... KWIM?!?! LOL

mama to 4 awesome little beings, F 6yrsknit.gif, P 3yrshomebirth.jpg, N 2yruc.jpg, A 9mths,,uc.jpg, expecting #5  in the spring joy.gif
#2 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 AM

My midwife likes folks to wait until they're done bleeding, and I tend to agree with that.  But, I'm not done bleeding.  And I'm going CRAZY -- like, foaming at the bit, frequent sexy dreams, etc.  DH's back was so terrible we couldn't do anything really at all during the first half of my pregnancy, and then my SPD kicked in which made DTD super painful for my pelvis.  Now that his back is somewhat okay, and my pelvis feels okay, I'm desperate.  And, let me say, that waking up from a super sexy dream to your two kids in your bed is, erm, awkward.

I'm with ya on the boobs though.  No desire to be touched erotically on the boobies AT ALL.  They get more than enough attention every other minute of the day!!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#3 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

My midwife likes folks to wait until they're done bleeding, and I tend to agree with that.

Yeah, my old MW was the same way... I follow my feelings and instincts... same as birth . I actually find the DTD helps stop the bleeding or flow at least... odd but true....

I know a lot of mamas that wait the full 6 weeks tho...

mama to 4 awesome little beings, F 6yrsknit.gif, P 3yrshomebirth.jpg, N 2yruc.jpg, A 9mths,,uc.jpg, expecting #5  in the spring joy.gif
#4 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

No interest, desire, time nor energy here. He is 6 weeks, well 7 tomorrow I guess. I think my breasts have been off limits for almost 9 years now. I am always nursing and my nurslings nurse a lot, by the end of the day, the last thing I want is someone else touching them!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatwo8 View Post

Yeah, my old MW was the same way... I follow my feelings and instincts... same as birth . I actually find the DTD helps stop the bleeding or flow at least... odd but true....

I know a lot of mamas that wait the full 6 weeks tho...

I had thought that too, that orgasm might actually help the bleeding.  It would make sense, right?  That contracting the uterus would help?  Tried it out, and nooooo, not for me.  Sigh.  I was so disappointed too, my bleeding picked back up.  And my orgasms with DTD are so much more intense, that I figured it was probably good advice for me.  I'm a firm believer in following your intuition, but for me my intuition says to wait until the bleeding is gone!

I'm glad at least one of us is gettin' some winky.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#6 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 PM

Poor DH.  My libido left early on in pregnancy and sadly has yet to return.  I'm 6 weeks today and might give it the old college try now that he is home from work.  I did have one sexy dream that resulted in an orgasm ( I prefer to be awake for those....sigh) so maybe the body is ready even if the mind is not.  And yes...my boobs are off limits too--between the leaking and frequent handling during the day, I've had about all I can handle.

I do miss sex......

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#7 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 PM

We've done it once (at 2wk 5 days), I really didn't want to, but he was begging for it and he had stayed up with the baby most of the night while I slept, so I felt I owed him something. Won't be doing again for awhile- it wasn't too bad but I ended up pretty sore in my incision area afterwards.

Truth be told, DH and I aren't all that sexually compatible. He's a great guy and in most other ways we're perfect for each other. The sexually compatibility is something we need to work on, but really haven't had time (we weren't able to do it first time until a month or two after we moved in together (he has some issues going on he did not tell me about until after we'd moved 1200 miles away from home together) ended up pregnant about a month after that. So when I'm in the mood and we attempt, I end up not enjoying it, so yea, loving at this house doesn't happy very frequently, before or after baby.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#8 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 02:47 PM

We finally DTD last night at 3 weeks 4 days.  I'm for the most part done bleeding I'll spot just a little during the day but that's it.  I thought I'd be a little tender where my tear had been stitched up but nope.  It was so nice to be close to my husband again!  We havent had sex in probably 2 months before last night.  It was great!  We had fooled around a few times before last night but we were both ready for the real thing. 

And super ditto on the not liking the boobies to be touched!  It makes me so uncomfortable for him to do that.  I cant go back and forth with them to sexy time and feeding time...it just kinda gives me the willy's.  Glad to know I'm not the only one!

#9 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 03:12 PM

i could wait a year!
#10 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Brave woman!! bow.gif

No but seriously, the desire is there, but my bits are still too sore to wipe half the time.  Nothing is going IN the hole that a 9 lb baby just came out of, not yet.  Other things, however, are more than welcome and as long as I don't feel pain I have no issues whatsoever.  And DH is being kept happy whenever we can find the time.

Oh and yes, boobs are off limits.  Idk.  I can touch them myself but when DH does it I swat his hands away.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#11 of 12 Old 09-13-2011, 04:30 PM

I'm all about it! We did it for the second time yesterday and it was much better! Charlie's just four weeks old, but eh. Bleeding stopped.  And I do for myself as often as wanted. Fabulous thing :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#12 of 12 Old 09-14-2011, 06:31 PM

I'm super nervous I might pop a stitch or something just taking a poop! So while we'd love to DTD that's a no go for me! Ditto on the boobs, my biting baby has secured that as a no fly zone as well....

First time mama!  belly.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page