Lots of Aversions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last pregnancy I had a huge appetite.  In fact that was what lead me to test in the first place, all I wanted to do was eat almond butter straight out of the jar.  This time though, nothing really appeals to me outside of oatmeal and some crispy potato wedges.  Even then though, the thought doesn't really make me all that hungry.  Seaweed and roasted kale are the only things that really appeal to me at certain times.  This is normal, right?  It's just strange to me.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 12:05 AM

Totally normal. Each pregnancy is different.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:58 AM

Oh yeah, totally normal. I'm in the starving phase right now and I'm going to enjoy it while I can because morning sickness kicks my butt.

goldfish.gif Mischa 9.30.08, ribbonpb.gif Willow 7.4.10 (21 weeks), rainbow1284.gif Nate 8.27.11

Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 AM

I get hungry really quickly, but nothing sounds good. If I don't eat something right when I get hungry though I get nauseous. It's not too bad so far though (only 12dpo)

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 01-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Same here. I am having lots of aversions to sugar, processed food (not that I really ate any before). I am starving all the time, but exhausted, and nothing really sounds good, even things that used to be my favorite. I am having a hard time with foods that are not warm. My morning protein shakes are becoming a morning chore instead of my favorite meal. I start making something, because I'm starving but lose my appetite for whatever I'm making as I'm making it. I feel bad after I eat a lot, but I need to put on weight. I'm underweight to begin with (very active and a whole food gluten free vegan) at about 15-17% body fat. Ugh.... sounds like my first pregnancy is going to be a rough one as I'm getting a lot of other symptoms, dizziness, hot/cold, exhaustion, hard time seeing, aches, cramping.. this is not so fun. People keep asking me if I'm excited. I would be, if it wasn't the first week I know I'm pregnant and have felt terrible for most of it.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-01-2011, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

Activeall.. just wanted to say that my first pregnancy the first month or so I was the same.. shakes, dizzy at times, having to lean on walls when shopping, nauseous... but it all passed really quickly and the rest was like I wasn't pregnant at all except my expanding belly. So have hope!!

Old 01-01-2011, 05:31 PM
AAK

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by activealli View Post

Same here. I am having lots of aversions to sugar, processed food (not that I really ate any before). I am starving all the time, but exhausted, and nothing really sounds good, even things that used to be my favorite. I am having a hard time with foods that are not warm. My morning protein shakes are becoming a morning chore instead of my favorite meal. I start making something, because I'm starving but lose my appetite for whatever I'm making as I'm making it. I feel bad after I eat a lot, but I need to put on weight. I'm underweight to begin with (very active and a whole food gluten free vegan) at about 15-17% body fat. Ugh.... sounds like my first pregnancy is going to be a rough one as I'm getting a lot of other symptoms, dizziness, hot/cold, exhaustion, hard time seeing, aches, cramping.. this is not so fun. People keep asking me if I'm excited. I would be, if it wasn't the first week I know I'm pregnant and have felt terrible for most of it.

Activealli-- I have read that if you really concentrate on getting your protein in, that you may start feeling better.  My veg friends swore by it. 

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (12), Maya (8). 
Old 01-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

I've been making shakes with SunWarrior protein powder (plain).. it's my favourite. I do a scoop of that, 1 L water, a spoon of honey and some frozen berries blended in. Yummy!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Yeah i do a protein shake every morning with vega protein (35 grams) and eat mostly hearty bean stews, and snack on nuts. Still dizzy and shakey... ugh... almost went down at the store today. I feel like its hard during the first trimester because it seems like I can barely function but im obviously not showing other than the bloat baby and cant really tell anyone im pregnant, so I feel like everyone thinks Im a hypochondriac! Im totally miserable right now. Im crying on a daily basis for no apparent reason. Ive gained a little weight and the bloating means I can't fit any of my clothes. Total closet meltdown! Too early to buy maternity clothes, obviously, but will need to buy some in-between clothes. Ugh.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-03-2011, 05:54 AM

When I am pregnant, no food is appealing except usually nachos! But I work to eat very healthy when pregnant (and try to otherwise). I did end up huge with my last child and would like to not get quite so big this time. Also, I am going to cut out dairy as both of my other children are intolerant. As nurslings it's been a huge issue and I cannot touch the stuff. Hopefully if I avoid it this time altogether, (there goes the nachos), it won't be a problem for this baby.

My biggest thing is I do not like eating in the morning (normally). But I am forced to when pregnant. I always have to find alternatives like Ensure or something until I can really choke something down. I'm going to try to keep green smoothies on hand at all times instead of Ensure this time. Anyone else detest eating in the morning usually, but have to during pregnancy? What do you choose to eat then?

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Yes it is totally normal! I hate food when preggers and have almost no cravings.

The objectivity that is obtained there, makes it a bit easier to eat healthy as I no longer have my wicked sweet tooth.

Crunchy Christian mama to my home birthed, unvaxed, uncirc boys Shane and Cody!!joy.gif

User Tag List