Roll Call and Due Date Roster September 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2011, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sneaking in quietly, just got a BFP at 11 dpo.  AF was due today and never showed :)

* Name: Lex
* EDD: Sept. 20th

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 3 cycles post IUD removal
* What number child is this for you: #3 for me and #1 for DH
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DS 11, DD (almost) 9, DH 28,  Greater Swiss Mountain Dog 1.5yrs, Leonberger 1.5yrs, Standard Poodle 13yrs, Tortiseshell cat 3, orange tabby cat 3, Tortiseshell cat 6 months, Quarter Horse 22yrs, Hanoverian cross 6yrs, generic pony 8yrs
* Birth plans/preferences: Hospital with midwives I think.  It's a pretty far drive though and there is a very birth friendly OB out of a local hospital that I might consider.  The birthcenter where my daughter was born had to shut down due to insurance costs :(.
* Anything else you'd like to share:  I am incredibly excited for my BFP but feeling a tad nervous.  I had a little spotting today that has me on edge and I just need to keep reminding myself I had it with both my other kiddos as well.  Because of my job I had to tell at work today (got the BFP this morning) but I did keep stressing that it was really really early.  Luckily I work with an awesome group of women who I know are terrific support.

Alexis, mom to DS 11/99 DD1 01/02 and DD2 09/23/11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 07:58 AM

* Name: Kim
* EDD: 9-8-11

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4 cycles
* What number child is this for you: 4
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): dh, 3 daughters, & various furbabies
* Birth plans/preferences: hoping to have another waterbirth :)

Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 AM

NM

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
Old 01-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Hey Can I join you gals? I got my bfp today :)

* Name: Andy
* EDD: Sept 21st 2011

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Been ttc on & off since last March...
* What number child is this for you: 3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Married to DH for 5 years and we have 2 boys who are almost 2 & 4yrs old and a ton of animals!
* Birth plans/preferences: Hoping for our second UC!

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Old 01-09-2011, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4latte View Post

This was 1980 and all I know is that the OB didn't like that scenario, so they broke her water. It just illustrates to me just how fast her labor was with my sister.

The bag of water staying in tact is often a sign of good health.  With my last babe my water broke 1 minute before she was born.  I was actually pushing her out when it broke.  And that was a 12 hour labor.  ;)  I've heard some crazy stories of only 2 hours start to finish labors, but most of those women have had WEEKS of on again off again labor leading up to the big event.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM

Name: Brittany
* EDD: Sept. 20, 2011

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Got BFP on Thursday at 9 dpo.  It was our 3rd cycle trying, though one of those cycles was anovulatory. 
* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH James, DS Oliver (4 in a couple months), Dog- Wembley, Cat- Kiki, 5 hens, 1 rooster, and 2 goats (all with names but that would take a while:) )
* Birth plans/preferences: Planning on a home birth, though it will have to be somewhat on the down low since it's not exactly legal in GA. Just emailed my first choice midwife a few minutes ago, and hoping that works out!

I didn't find MDC until ds was a few months old, so I'm excited to have this community in the pregnancy months!

Old 01-09-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

* Name: Mandy
* EDD:  September 15

* How long it took to you to get your BFP:  This one always confuses me...I got a BFP at 10 dpo, have been trying to have another baby since July but have had 2 miscarriages, the last one was October at 10 1/2 weeks pg, so took a couple of months off ttc
* What number child is this for you: 3 on Earth, 2 in Heaven, so this is my 6th pregnancy, hopefully my 4th living child
* Family: married for going on 13 years
* Birth plans/preferences:  Homebirth - have had two previous HBAC
* Anything else you'd like to share:  I'm on the Makers Diet, so no white sugar, white flour, soy, low starches, etc.  Mostly all natural foods found in nature like free range meats, organic veggies, whole grain breads, brown rices, honey, maple syrup, etc.  We also newly live on a farm and am excited about growing and canning the majority of our own veggies this year and are starting to raise our own chickens in the spring as well and get good old fashioned hard work hauling wood, tending the fire, shoveling snow, etc.

You sound like me.  Healthy livin' farmer.  orngbiggrin.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 PM

Name- Stephanie

EDD- September 11

Age- almost 35

Location- Long Island, NY

How long did it take you for your BFP- we were trying to prevent, not ttc

What number child is this for you- 6

Family- DH and my 5 kids

Birth plans- my third home birth

Anything else you'd like to share- I'm actually really shocked that I'm here. A couple of days ago I was thinking about what direction I'm going with school. then I realized my period was late and BAM! the positive came up right away. I'm not sure how I feel and I feel so guilty that I'm not excited or happy.

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

Old 01-09-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM76 View Post

Name- Stephanie

EDD- September 11

Age- almost 35

Location- Long Island, NY

How long did it take you for your BFP- we were trying to prevent, not ttc

What number child is this for you- 6

Family- DH and my 5 kids

Birth plans- my third home birth

Anything else you'd like to share- I'm actually really shocked that I'm here. A couple of days ago I was thinking about filling out med school applications. then I realized my period was late and BAM! the positive came up right away. I'm not sure how I feel and I feel so guilty that I'm not excited or happy.

I felt the same way initially since we were not ttc either.  The happiness will come, I believe, after the feeling of shock settles.  Congratulations, it is a blessing.    

Loving mom to DS (05/08/10) expecting baby #2 in September 2011!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 PM

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Portland momma!!

--Kelly

Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 AM

* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know) Ashley
* EDD: Sept 24

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: we weren't trying...but I've had 3ppaf since ds was born. 
* What number child is this for you: 5!!  just hit me!!
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My husband of 6.5 years, 7ds, 5dd, 3dd, 1ds

* Birth plans/preferences:  Second homebirth and third VBA2C...did I type that right??
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm only 9dpo, haven't had a period in 75 days so very concerned with miscarriage.  I've had one miscarriage between #2 and #3.  I haven't told dh yet because he was really adament about not having another one but I hope eventually he'll be happy about it.  I definitely want a homebirth but we're currently living in a small rental house and I have absolutely no desire to birth here.  I'm really glad I'm not the only one not overly excited just yet with having another baby but I'll get there...too many concerns at this point! Things were just starting to get better financially and I was looking forward to becoming a midwife apprentice in the fall but at least I can bring the baby with me! 

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakers View Post

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Portland momma!!

--Kelly

Hey!  Hope you are enjoying pregnancy so far, any sickness?  PDX has some amazing resources, I feel lucky to live in such a supportive city.

Loving mom to DS (05/08/10) expecting baby #2 in September 2011!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 AM

Name- Heather

EDD- September 17

Age- 37

Location- Central Mass

How long did it take you for your BFP- We weren't really trying but we weren't being careful, either

What number child is this for you- 3

Family- Husband, son (7), daughter (4), dog

Birth plans- m/w in hospital setting

Anything else you'd like to share- I want to be super happy but I'm mostly not accepting it yet.  I had a loss last year (due date one day later) at 10wk.  I'm also nervous about my age.  A little overwhelmed at what could go wrong.  I also made the big mistake of buying FR rapid response!!  I didn't read it carefully because I kept seeing people from my son's school at the supermarket and I definitely want this on the down low for now :D  So I grabbed the test as quickly as I could.  Luckily, I waited until the day my period is due!  Yes, it does give you a quick result.  But I guess it must require a fair amount of hcg because it says you can use it the first day of your missed period.  As a result, my line wasn't as dark as I would've liked :)  It's not a "squinter" but after last time I wanted it darker than the test line :D  I can't believe I just wrote that I'm 37.  How did that happen???

Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Hello! For some reason, I couldn't find this DDC for the longest time ...  Anyway, I can hardly believe I'm posting.  It doesn't feel real yet.

* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know) Maggie
* EDD: mid September

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4 cycles
* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Dh and DS 2.5

* Birth plans/preferences:  Second homebirth 
* Anything else you'd like to share: Somehow I don't remember this early stage being so agonizing last time. I feel like I'm in pregnancy limbo until 8-12 wks.  I can't wait to get there and feel like this is really going to happen.  The timing of this pregnancy isn't exactly what we wanted, but I'm trying to focus on thinking positive and not stressing out this time around.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 PM

* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know): Becky, sometimes my sweetie calls me Reba
* EDD: early to mid September

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: about a year! 
* What number child is this for you:1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): my sweet best friend, his daughter, 6.5 , and two pups, 9 and 11. 
* Birth plans/preferences: I definitely want to have my baby at home... I am currently looking for midwives in my area...
* Anything else you'd like to share: I was in disbelief at first after trying for so long.  After two tests and more symptoms setting in, I believe it and am ecstatic. I have always craved being a mama! 

Fiancee to my sweetie Mattie heartbeat.gif, bonus mama to his little one Ayaa Rose (7!) lady.gif , and mama to rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cassidy Faye, born 9/5/11~

Old 01-11-2011, 02:19 PM

Hi everyone!

Name: Dana
EDD: 9/19/11
How long it took to get your BFP: 13 cycles
What number child is this for you: 2nd
Family: DH (married 6 years), DS (almost 3)
Birth plans/preferences: not sure yet. We'll be moving to France and I'll be delivering there. I have no idea what that will be like! I would like to have a midwife and have a HB. I had a hospy birth with my DS.
Anything else you'd like to share: We are soooooo excited! We had a hard time conceiving the first time and somewhat this time so we are happy and relieved. smile.gif
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 PM

Name: Just1More

EDD: Hard telling.  Sometime between September 9th and September 24th, probably closer to the 20th.

Number of Cycles: Well, my baby is 3 months old.  There weren't any cycles...

Which baby: This one will make 5

Family: Dh, dd (5), ds (3), dd (1), and dd (3 months)

Birth Plans: homebirth (for the third time)

Anything else: I don't want to lose my milk supply either...my last baby is still so little.  I am excited about this, but a little over-whelmed.  Hoping that I can be a good mama and wife through another pregnancy.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 01-12-2011, 09:13 AM

Hi! I'm so excited!!! Congratulations to everyone here!

I'm Heather D. and the EDD is September 24th. I'm 37 and I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It took us about 6 months to get pregnant, just like last time. This is child number two for us; my son is 2 and a bit- he was born in September 2008. I'm married to a DH- our 5th anniversary is this August.

Birth plans- well, last time we hired a midwife privately and had a great relationship with her/them. We planned a homebirth, but that part didn't happen so my son was born at the local children's hospital and everything turned out okay in the end. This time we would like to have a midwife and homebirth again, but provincial legislation has changed and now midwives are hired and regulated by the local health boards. And, unfortunately, overall acceptance of midwifery at the children's hospital has been poor, so the midwifery program is in trouble. For example, this month there are no midwives working there at all. I have no idea what will happen over the next few months. Also, now that the province (supposedly) pays for midwifery services, there are many more applicants than spaces, so who knows whether I would even get in. Sigh.

Here's what I would like to share: I'm scared a bit. Looking after one is sometimes overwhelming, so how will I cope with two plus a full-time job?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprague View Post

* Name: Amanda
* EDD: Sept 19

* How long it took to you to get your BFP:  First Cycle
* What number child is this for you: 3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband of 5 years, 3.5 yr old daughter, 1.75 yr old son a pug and two cats!
* Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth (first was c-section and second was a very successful VBAC at home)
* Anything else you'd like to share:  Going for very low intervention, but monitoring. My kids usually go 2 weeks over...

I usually go very far over too!  My youngest son was 21 days late! argh!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 01-12-2011, 05:41 PM

Hi everyone!

* Name:  Natalie
* EDD:  Sept 15

* How long it took to you to get your BFP:  2.5 years  (used IUI and DS)
* What number child is this for you:  1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):  DH (nearly 4 years), Step-DD (9), Step-DS (11), 2 cats
* Birth plans/preferences:  Natural water birth

* Anything else:  THRILLED to finally be pregnant after all these years!  Almost cannot believe it  :-)  Oh, and, much as it was necessary, fertility treatment sucks!

Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 AM

Hi!  Looks like I'm joining you! 

* Name: Susan
* EDD: September 20

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Well, *this* was the month we were going to try to get pregnant (we were too busy/traveling/entertaining guests around Christmas to think much about it last month).  But I guess we weren't *too* busy after all.  So one cycle.  It was my second cycle postpartum--I have a 16-month-old.
* What number child is this for you: Four.
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): I'm married to Joel and have 3 other kids: Sam is almost 6, Lucie is 4, and Fiona is 16 months.
* Birth plans/preferences: Planning a homebirth.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm an apprentice midwife beginning my 4th year of training.  And we haven't told anyone yet (we just found out ourselves!), and probably won't for a few weeks (I talk a big game, but I'll end up telling *someone* before long--but we're not generally "telling" for a while).

Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM

Name:  Olivia

EDD: early-mid Sept (have little idea when I conceived!)

Family: dh, Rob, dd, Haleigh, 7; ds Bradyn, 4; Austin 11mo

I am planning my second homebirth

we weren't actually trying to get pregnant...discussing it, and thinking about trying in about 6mo or so!  A little sooner than expected!!

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

Old 01-15-2011, 06:48 AM

* Name: Christine
* EDD: not too sure. . . mid September???? (first very faint positive Wednesday night, progressively darker each day)

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We weren't trying.  In the midst of moving I misplaced my BCP and in that two week window we conceived.
* What number child is this for you: 4
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Married to Cody (33).  Orion (8 on 1/30), Lourdes (6), Britton (3)
* Birth plans/preferences:  All of my previous children were induced in the hospital.  I know that this will be our last, so I am hoping for a natural birth in the hospital using the Bradley method with a midwife.
 Anything else you'd like to share:  I teach group fitness classes (Body Pump) and (Body Combat) four times a week.  I know a few other instructors who have been able to balance pregnancy and their classes until late term.  I am hoping that I will be able to do the same.

I have been lurking around as I have just felt pregnant, with the excitement building even thought this was unplanned.  I tested on Monday, and it was negative, so I enjoyed a few glasses of wine with friends and am a little nervous about that. . . . sigh. . .  

I used to be a part of MDC years ago when my older two were just babes.  Apparently my username has been archived-lol-so I had to re-register.  I have always loved this forum and am excited to be back! 

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Name: Carissa
* EDD: 9/15/11

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: years and years
* What number child is this for you: 1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Married since 2001
* Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth!
* Anything else you'd like to share:

Old 01-16-2011, 12:31 AM

Nme: Liane

EDD: Sept, 17th

Location Central Coast, CA

How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1.5 years

What number child is this for you: third,

family: married since 2001, one ds 4 and a dd 3, 1 dog, 4 cats and 6 chickens

birth plan: homebirth, hopefully in the water

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

Old 01-16-2011, 03:56 PM

Add me too!

* Name: Amanda
* EDD: Sept 19th (but I will be closer to Sept 30th)

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: One Cycle! (If I am anything, it is fertile)
* What number child is this for you: #3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Christopher (hubby of 5 years this summer), Estella (3.5), Sebastian (almost 2)
* Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth (second VBAC)
* Anything else you'd like to share: Please put my EDD as Sept 30th, as I hate getting my hopes ups, both of mine went into 42 weeks. Thanks!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiFish View Post

Here's a little intro thing I got from another thread -

* Name: Janine
* EDD: Sept. 20

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 cycle 
* What number child is this for you: 2nd
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):  partner: James, daughter: Jules is 2.5 yrs old
* Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth
* Anything else you'd like to share:  Looking for sleep support.  Our biggest struggle has been sleep.  Our daughter has always woken up a lot at night and I am scared about how I am going to get any sleep with a newborn thrown into the mix and what the sleep situation will look like!!!

Wife to my loving husband, James.  Mother to a beautiful daughter, Jules (8/6/08).  Expecting twin girls September 19th, Jade and Jemma.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM

* Name:Julia
* EDD:Sept 6th

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 months... we just wanted to let it happen
* What number child is this for you:1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):Husband
* Birth plans/preferences: Home birth with a midwife

Wife to DH superhero.gif, Tandem Nursing SAHMfly-by-nursing2.gif to  diaper.gifDS1 9/2011 and babyboy.gif DS2 9/2012

Old 01-16-2011, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi!

We just found out last night that we're expecting #4! Well, actually I lost a baby last May, so this would be baby #5 if you count them all.

My name is Jamie

Our EDD is Sept 17th

I'm 33yo

We live in the MidWest

It took us since last May to get pregnant again

I have a wonderful husband, and three fine sons

We plan another homebirth, as I had the rest at home and loved it!

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to six handsome and fun boys!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 AM

I just wanted to adjust my due date.  After u/s measurements  yesterday my EDD is Sep 11.  Thanks!!

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif

User Tag List