How is everyone feeling? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel great!! Only down side is, is I'm still nursing and have lost almost all my milk. greensad.gif luckily have an awesome friend at church who is donating her milk to me. Thank you God!

Last pregnancy I suffered from hyperemesis graviderium (sp) so will be loading up on the B vitamins and getting regular colonics in hopes of it helping. I feel pretty positive it will.

Looking forward to enjoying my last pregnancy. smile.gif

Crunchy Christian mama to my home birthed, unvaxed, uncirc boys Shane and Cody!!joy.gif
#32 of 60 Old 01-04-2011, 01:11 PM

ALREADY?! I'm still nursing, too! Like 8 times a day! I am sooo saddened and almost horrified about the thought of losing my milk. DS is only 18 months old! I'm praying that doesn't happen until later, much later, for me. I am actually reallllllllllllly upset by this. :-(

#33 of 60 Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 PM

Hi!  Interesting you say you're freezing.  I am 5w1d and I am FREEZING sitting here with 2 t-shirts, a fleece, sweatpants, socks and slippers in 70 degrees inside!  Was thinking it was the flu/cold I have, but I've actually started feeling better and can't shake this cold-thing.  Never contributed it to pregnancy as with my last kiddo I was always a sweat-bomb.  Hhhmmm... you got me thinking...

Wife and mom of 18 month old babyboy.gif.  Expecting stork-girl.gifstork-girl.gif twin girls in August!
#34 of 60 Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM

I'm freezing here as well and it's not that cold outside.  Anyone else have extremely sore nipples-the more cold I feel, the more sore they get.  This is something totally new for me!

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

#35 of 60 Old 01-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Ok, I'm bored at work and totally DDC crashing redface.gif  But I was FREEZING cold, constantly, from weeks 4-9?.  I could not get warm.  It was so miserable because I felt like I was cold, hungry, and tired ALL THE TIME.  No fun!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#36 of 60 Old 01-05-2011, 01:07 PM

I seem to alternate between being so hot I feel like I am having a hot flash, and freezing cold.  It's like my body can't make up it's mind.  Or, I am so sensitive to temperature right now that any excess in either direction sends me over the edge!  The tiredness also seems to have hit today, in full force.  I keep thinking I must be getting sick, but then I remember that I'm pregnant.  I am going to have to take a nap when I get home from work today.  I can barely keep my eyes open.

I have a question about sore boobs - do anyone else's seem to come and go or are they sore all the time?  Mine are definitely the come and go variety, which makes me worry (when they're not sore).  Not that I love having sore boobs, it's just a nice reminder that I really am pregnant! 

#37 of 60 Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM

Mine seem to come and go too. My friend pointed out today that my boobs looked much bigger (I'm normally a barely A, so ANYTHING is an improvement) than when she saw me last week, which makes sense because i was extra sore for the past few days, but was fine most of last week. Still a little sore right now, but not as bad as yesterday.

Huge temperature fluctuations. I have been feeling cold past few days but felt warm like a hot flash after my acupuncture session today for several hours and finally starting to feel cold again now, though much more calm than I was before. I love my acupuncturist!

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#38 of 60 Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post

Honestly, if I didn't have the positive HPTs I'd never know I was pregnant. Not one sign. I was like this with my kids, too. I'm looking forward to the dating u/s so I can actually see a viable pregnancy.

Me too!  I only took a test because I was pretty late for AF, though I was contributing the lateness to a stressful Christmas....but DH and I have been discussing trying for another in a few months, so I figured I would pick up some pregnancy tests while I was at the Dollar Store...I took one and was shocked to see it was positive!  I didn't write down when my last AF was, so I have no idea how far along I am!  If I had to guess I would say 6 or 7 weeks.  I even took a second test because I didn't believe it!

I am feeling great though...a bit bloated, but with my last son I felt crappy for a long time in the first trimester.  I also noticed last week that my breasts where fuller than normal, but I had chalked that up to the fact that my 4yo is starting to wean (still nursing my 22mo though, and there is lots of milk still!).

I hope that I continue to feel great!!!  And I hope all of you who don't - start to feel good soon :)

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#39 of 60 Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 AM

I feel exhausted on and off, but as I've had a loss last year my DH wont let me do anything which is already starting to bug me. I understand why, but I want to be out and doing. Also not helped by me having a heck of a cold and a cough which was strong enough to pull my tummy muscles and my intercostals.

I have nausea which is helped by protein and by moderate exercise (Dont tell!)

achey boobs and tinkle-tastic

and the hormones or what ever seem to have had an effect on my IBS. (sorry, TMI)

But most odd, and the reason I tested in the first place, I smell FISH! Initially it was tea, cups of tea suddenly smelt and tasted like I'd dipped the rim of the cup in sardines.
Now I smell it all over the place, it's awful today. I know it's my imagination, but OMG it makes me feel sick. I dont cope great with that smell when I'm not preggers. I got out the shower, the bathroom smelt of fish, get out of there quick, into the bedroom which was initially okay but then started to smell of fish! Where's all these fish come from? I thought it might be my cold but I know your sense of smell can go wacky when preg. I'll ask the doc about it this evening as we've got our first appointment.
Anyone else having a loopy smell?

#40 of 60 Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 AM

Nixie, I love that you're sneaking exercise to fight nausea :)  Yuck, the fish smell must be horrible!

As for me, all the sudden I just feel so overwhelmed and weepy!  It's been a busy, semi-rough week at work, but my emotional response to it is a little extreme, you know?  Luckily my hours are flexible and since I'm going so far OVERtime this week, I'm going to do my best to steal some time back next week and pamper myself somehow...

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#41 of 60 Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 AM

I have been smelling fish too. I keep looking for left over fish in my fridge, but there isn't any! I kept saying to my husband; "where is that fish smell coming from?!"

I did not have the fish thing the other pregnancies, but did have a very sensitive nose.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#42 of 60 Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 AM

I haven't felt nearly as much with this pregnancy as I did with my first.  I was so dizzy I couldn't stand, I couldn't look at a ceiling fan without wanting to vomit, certainly couldn't even look at the computer screen.  Every smell made me want to vomit etc.  No breast tenderness last time.

THIS TIME, I feel like I'm not even pregnant. I almost want to keep peeing on sticks until my first Doc appt.  I'm just that nervous.  Last time I had no doubts, I don't know why.  As long as I eat first thing in the morning, and keep BS up, I'm great.  I get REALLY fatigued around 6pm, but that's it.  Breast tenderness so bad, huge bbs.  I get hot a lot faster... a little hungier than normal.  :)  That's it!  I'm glad I can not be sick and actually take care of my 2 yr old!  I'm 5 weeks 5 days.

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#43 of 60 Old 01-06-2011, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

My feeling good has gone downhill lately. The nausea is much harder to combat, and oh! The tiredness is unbelievable!! I have been getting 10-11 hours of sleep a night (minus getting up to pee and waking to nurse ds) and I'm still dead tired in the morning!!greensad.gif
I can barely function, my house is a mess, and I have two little ones to take care of. Ugh. I hope it's over soon.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#44 of 60 Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Jennifer I am the same. I brought my daughter to the bathroom this morning at about 7 am and almost fell over holding her. I had to go back to bed and let my husband take over.. I got super hot and sweaty I felt so sick. I so didn't feel like this last time that I remember.

#45 of 60 Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 AM

the fatigue!!! is it bc it's pregnancy #3 or bc i'm older or bc i have 2 kids to care for??? i'm SO tired. i am dreading walking to my ds1's school to pick him up later. i might not make it pushing 36 pounds ds2 in the stroller! my house is suffering a bit and i'm getting snappy and grouchy as well. eep! it is NOT helping that ds2 isn't sleeping well. he's such an odd sleeper. sometimes he sleeps right through no problem and other times, he wakes in the night. ugh. i'm trying to get him out of the habit of waking up for a sippy of milk and just giving him water. he took the water at bedtime no problem last night (he doesn't always go to bed with a sippy but sometimes he likes to) but i was too tired to think about it at 1 a.m. when he woke up next (and i sent DH in when he woke at 5 a.m. for whatever reason...) then he let me sleep til 8 thankfully. now to get him to sleep through til 8 without the waking up bit!!!

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#46 of 60 Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 AM

I feel fine, but I am so sleepy, it's ridiculous.  I keep putting my head down on the floor while playing cars with my son, and he gripes at me: "No sleeping, Momma!"  I am hungry, but that's nothing new really.  Since I had a miscarriage a few months ago, I am trying to remain a little detached, and I worry a bit at every twinge. 

I'm not telling people yet, but know I'll slip up sooner or later.  I had people over for knitting last night, and there were a couple odd looks when I passed on the wine.  The fact that I ate the entire bowl of popcorn meant for 5 people probably added to some people's suspicions! 

#47 of 60 Old 01-07-2011, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My first symptom was my DS crying angrily at the breast in the middle of the night! Even with that, I still had no clue what was going on. Decreased milk supply at it's worst!

2 days later, got a BFP. We weren't planning this one, with so much going on right now with our living situation. Maybe 3 months ago we would have been overjoyed...

Extremely nauseous, but I realized last night that as long as I have a piece of bagel in my mouth at all times, its manageable. Also, I've just discovered lemons!

The "girls" aren't too sore. Really tired and want to lie in bed all day. With a 2.5 year old, that won't be happening any time soon.

But yes, my house is a mess. And I didn't even have a clean pot to make my son lunch this afternoon... had to wash one while choking down a bagel...

Ughhhh I wasn't expecting the morning sickness to be this bad.. and I'm only 6 weeks!

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#48 of 60 Old 01-07-2011, 10:32 PM

Does anyone from Canada know if it's safe to take acetominophen with Diclectin?  I've caved, quite quickly and easily actually, and decided to go ahead and take the Diclectin so I can function again, but now I've got body aches from laying on the couch and it's making me very uncomfortable and difficult to sleep.

#49 of 60 Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 AM

So much better today.  I think its because I worked out yesterday and then got up to pee twice and had a snack each time.  So much better today.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#50 of 60 Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Well I started taking Diclectin, a much lower dose than what I took with my son, it hasn't completely gotten rid of the nausea, especially in the morning, but it has taken the edge off so I can at least function and get some food down.  On the flip side it's making me SO groggy, good thing DH is being unbelievably helpful and understanding. 

#51 of 60 Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Last week was so bad with the nausea. This week I think I'm starting to see a pattern.

I have to see if my theory holds out, but I think get sickest from 12 - 3pm. and from 9pm - 1am.

I'm also going to try keeping my blood sugar low, since the pancreas has a difficult time in early pregnancy - and I think I'm really feeling the effects of it...

Dizziness and feeling like the room is spinning seems to me like more of a blood sugar symptom...

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#52 of 60 Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 PM

I'm changing my status. From OK to less than OK.

Ugh... i feel TERRIBLE. I feel like I'm battling the stomach flu. I'm so tired I can barely function. I can't think straight. I'm so nauseous, if I wasn't pregnant I would not eat anything. No barfing yet, just all day nausea and feel like a cool icky feeling in the back of my throat. My body is achy and feels heavier than usual. I don't want to leave the house!

Its nearly impossible to get any work done. Everything is taking twice the time and effort to get even the smallest tasks done. My sense of smell is driving me nuts. I went to the barn to hold the horses for the farrier (hoof trimming) and normally, the smell of the horsey poo and hay is a welcome scent (odd, I know, its a horse thing) but now it disgusts me. Of course my rescue mare was so excited she pooped when she saw me. I almost started gagging.

Ugh... going to go take a luke warm bath and see if I can just go to sleep by 8pm...

Counting down the weeks till Im out of the first trimester (5.5), where Im hoping Ill find some relief.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#53 of 60 Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activealli View Post

I'm changing my status. From OK to less than OK.

Counting down the weeks till Im out of the first trimester (5.5), where Im hoping Ill find some relief.

I agree, first trimester sucks!!  I feel like I have a 24/7 stomach flu, I'm eating terrible because all I want is unhealthy stuff, except fruit for some reason I want fruit.  Plus my DS came down with the real flu today, fortunately he's just feverish, coughing and moaning a lot, so no gross laundry yet, lets hope that holds cause I'm not sure I can handle pukey laundry!  Then I have the whole worry of getting the flu myself, cause what I need with all this "morning sickness" is body aches and fever while chasing a two year old and doing pukey laundry! 

#54 of 60 Old 01-15-2011, 06:03 AM

Today I feel like crap.  I was nauseus all early morning and finally threw up this AM.  However, not sure if it's morning sickness or the stomach flu as all of my kids have had it this week.  Although my husband has been on puke duty. . . and he's fine.  I have been dizzy, tired, although I am always waking up in the middle of the night.  Boobs have started to get sore and some mild headaches.  Blah. . .but I love it, though! 

Smurfy, with my first daughter, I couldn't get enough of fruit!!!

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
#55 of 60 Old 01-15-2011, 06:30 AM

Like my brain doesn't work anymore.  Seriously at work though I can't remember the simplest things and then I almost fell over twice(balance issues) and once in front of a customer.   When I mix paint, it really stinks now. 

I'm in a fog this am though, my blood sugar was really low, luckily I wasn't nauseous.  I ate 3 snacks in the middle of the night, but it was still low.  I had to start taking insulin again for my diabetes so I'm just trying to figure out the right dose.  I had to stop taking my supplements that help with my diabetes because they haven't been tested on pregnant women and I don't want to mess with the little guy while he's growing his organs this trimester. 

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#56 of 60 Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 AM

So far, so good!  I'm only a *teeny* bit pregnant, though, so we'll see.  I've never had any big symptoms this early, so I don't expect anything for a few more weeks.

#57 of 60 Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 PM

I have such sore breasts - and I'm so thrilled about it!  I didn't experience a lot of breast change during my pregnancy with DD, and it turns out for me it was b/c I already had a problematic lack of breast tissue, which led to major nursing problems.  (Though we still made it til almost 3yo with LOTS of support and some little tubes orngtongue.gif)  So seeing and feeling all these breast changes this time gives me so much hope!  I would LOVE to nurse without tubes this time!

#58 of 60 Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 PM

I am starving to death.

#59 of 60 Old 01-15-2011, 07:23 PM

I was feeling great, but all this week I've felt awful... today was the best day so far I hope this continues cause I get excited about eating! eat.gif

Other than that my breasts are sore  and I'm always exhausted, I've gained like 5 pounds and my pants aren't fitting anymore.

This is my 1st pg so I have nothing to compare it to... can someone please tell me it gets better?!

Wife to DH superhero.gif, Tandem Nursing SAHMfly-by-nursing2.gif to  diaper.gifDS1 9/2011 and babyboy.gif DS2 9/2012

#60 of 60 Old 01-16-2011, 02:50 AM

It gets better, esp. if you keep exercising however much you can - all the sudden, you'll hit 2nd tri and have so much energy one day! biggrinbounce.gif

Meanwhile, I fell asleep at 8p, which is normal these days, but now I'm at 2a, in part b/c I had something important I was planning to get done in the morning, mostly b/c pregnancy makes sleep so wacky!!  My body decided now would be the best time to wake up to do it?  I work Sunday mornings, so I hope I can fall back asleep now that I've got my prep work done.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page