How is everyone feeling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2010, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is everyone feeling? I'm feeling pretty good, tired though. I have some occasional nausea, but only when I'm hungry or too tired. I got sickness with my son before I even got my bfp, with my dd not until 6 weeks. I'm hoping it's the b6 I'm taking and that I never really get sick!smile.gif

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM

I'm feeling really sick. greensad.gif With Asher i didn't feel sick at all. This go round....yeahhhhhh. 

Lauren, Mama to Asher 3.5 and a new bean due in Sept. 2011.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

I'm just really tired. My little one (1 yo yesterday) still nurses a lot at night, and usually I can go right back to sleep. I'm sleeping much more lightly though and often not getting back to sleep for ages. I also find her moving around keeping me awake (we cosleep). So much so that the other night I came down and watched a show at 4 am!.

Other than 3 mini bouts of nausea before I got my BFP I feel fine. A little cranky though, but I think that's more down to sleep than anything else.

How's everyone else??

Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 AM

Hi everybody, I just got here, 10 dpo today and got my first positive pregnancy test yesterday.  I've been crampy since about 6 dpo, sore boobs and tired.  I didn't get much morning sickness with my first two pregnancies, so hopefully that trend continues!  I have to say, I am not looking forward to the tiredness.  I remember barely being able to function during the first trimester, I was sooooo tired!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Ive been having some insomnia, could be more the brain activity than the preggo hormones though??!!  No nausea yet, and Im trying to just enjoy that, it will show soon enough, usually around 6 weeks for me. 

Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 PM

Hey mamas!  I'm feeling alright at the moment but sick most of the time.  I don't remember feeling so physically crappy with my other three but this one has me between starvation and puking/nausia constantly..  I've been feeling a lot of stretching and cramps too, along with really sore boobs (though I've never nursed during pregnancy and now I'm getting why).

All in all though, I feel great!  With my loss last month I only had a few symptoms (mostly peeing and headaches) so I'm happy to feel pregnant this time!

Emotionally, however, I'm a trainwreck..  I don't think I've ever cried so much, which probably has a lot to do with this being horrible timing for a baby and a HUGE surprise- thanks to all the Chrismas parties and booze. 

Awe, the first trimester shy.gif

mischievous.gif
Old 12-29-2010, 11:54 AM

Nauseated, pretty constantly, which surprises me b/c with DD I didn't feel any different for a LONG time.  This time, the nausea struck by day 2 after missed period!  Also quite tired. It's actually encouraging in a weird way :)

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
Old 12-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Tired and my boobs are sore. No nausea yet but it didn't kick in until 7 weeks last time.

goldfish.gif Mischa 9.30.08, ribbonpb.gif Willow 7.4.10 (21 weeks), rainbow1284.gif Nate 8.27.11

Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM

i am EXHAUSTED. if this whole pregnancy is like this, i don't know what i'm going to do! occasional nausea, sore/tingly/sensitive boobs, mood swings...eep! i'm a ball of fun! LOL and i have eaten SO much over the holidays and would really like to start jogging again...not sure it's a good idea though. anyone know why it would be a negative thing? other than all that, just dandy LOL ;) excited, nervous, all that fun stuff. i can't believe how PREGNANT i feel today. like all sorts of stuff is happening in my womb. it's crazy!!! i apparently don't remember some of this stuff from the last 2 times...

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

Old 12-30-2010, 08:15 AM

i found out in the middle of the night what was making me so tired (or MORE tired than being pregnant.) i have a cold :( i haven't caught ANYTHING from the kids in the longest time and now that i can't take anything for it, of course i get a cold from my youngest!

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

Old 12-30-2010, 11:37 AM

I'm 5 weeks, 2 days, and feel pretty good. General fatigue, very sore boobs, and occasional mild nausea, but that's it so far.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

I've been feeling pretty irritated too on and off, and tired. I find I go to sleep at night and lay awake for hours. I feel like I've had 4 cups of coffee (haven't). I have been napping at least once in the day with my 1 year old.. that's helping!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:08 PM

UGH!  I think the dreaded morning/all-day sickness is starting, a little earlier than with my first.  Anyone have any really great natural remedies for me?  With my son I just lived off Diclectin for the first four months, which I understand isn't available in the US, I was hoping to try and make it without this time but if I'm as sick as last time it'll be a harsh few months coming up!  Plus with a few of my friends having miscarriages lately I really don't want to be telling a lot of people for a while yet, but if this is anything like the last one me hanging my head and running for the nearest toilet is going to be a dead give away!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy View Post
Anyone have any really great natural remedies for me?

I get really nauseated, too. Here are my must haves for pregnancy nausea:

• keep blood sugar stable (keep almonds handy)
  • seabands
  • lemon or mint essential oil (on a hanky to keep close or sometimes even a little in my hair)
  • ginger candy (like gin gins)
  • drinking small amounts of cold, lemony water, often

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

Old 12-31-2010, 03:53 PM
L J

I feel great, physically. I started the South Beach Diet a few days before I got my BFP, which means I have eliminated all sugar, white flour and caffeine. Good thing, I guess, even though I'm not going to be losing weight for a while! I am sleeping great - I was chalking it up to no longer drinking coffee, but I guess I can contribute it to being pregnant. I never have any major symptoms in the first trimester, no morning sickness or anything. I've been very lucky throughout all of my pregnancies to not have it. My mom didn't have it either, so I guess its genetics. I don't think it means anything is wrong. I would almost hit someone over a warm chocolate chip cookie, but I am determined to be as healthy as possible during this pregnancy, so I am resisting.

I am sitting on my couch right now staring at my Christmas tree, knowing I need to get up off my bum and take it down, but I sure don't want to! Maybe a quick nap first...

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

Old 01-01-2011, 10:55 AM

This is my first pregnancy, so Im not sure how much of this is normal and I am actually experiencing, or just looking for signs. I found out I was pregnant a week ago after I could barely see straight (about 3 weeks post conception), lights were starred, incredible dizziness, clutziness, irritability. I took a pregnancy test the next morning (morning after Christmas) and was half way to tossing out yet another HPT when I noticed it did not read "not" in front of pregnant. About 10 more HPT of different brands came back possible. Since then I have been experiencing increased hunger, food adversions to sugar and poor quality food, flu like symptoms that come and go (fever/chills, aches, tiredness) and also feeling like Im on nyquil or some strong sedative. Overall feeling like Im hungover, yet minus the alcohol.

I started feeling better after a few days and resumed normal activites (working from home on my computer, laundry, household errands, running, gentle horse back riding) but now I woke up this morning feeling pretty terrible again. I am having a hard time seeing the computer screen. My face feels like its burning, and incessant thirst despite LOTS of water. Oddly enough, I seem to feel better if I go for a walk or get some fresh air. My boobs are sore and a little bigger (woo hoo! Ive been a "barely A" my whole life). Lots of bloating and gas despite a healthy diet (gluten/wheat free whole food vegan).  I keep getting cramping/ stretching feeling that feels really odd.

Im scared of what the rest of the pregnancy is like if this is just my first conscious week of being pregnant. Tried calling my doctor but she is out of town. I called kaiser's nurse advisor line, and got no response or return call. I have a naturopath I see and pay out of pocket. Im going to see them next week and see if there is anything they can do to help reduce the symptoms.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Sorry for the poor writing and typos. Like I said, can barely see the computer screen.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Hey everyone.  I've never been pregnant before so I don't really know what should be going on.  I'm 5w1d and haven't really had any symptoms.  Last week I was getting on and off head aches and I've been hungrier than normal for the last few days I have felt nothing and it is starting to freak me out!  We TTC for 3 years, did 1 fresh and 2 frozen cycles before this little guy finally stuck around.  I am so paranoid that I have felt nothing.  Any advice on how to get through this, other than keep on testing.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:27 PM

Honestly, if I didn't have the positive HPTs I'd never know I was pregnant. Not one sign. I was like this with my kids, too. I'm looking forward to the dating u/s so I can actually see a viable pregnancy.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 01-01-2011, 01:35 PM

lj: Hello. nice to meet you. I need to take my tree down too! LOL. so willing to be lazy these days and give into procrastination.

I have been hungry. slight crampy, stretchy feelings. and on and off tenderness in breasts, but thats about it. still early though. Nice to join the board.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:47 PM

I feel like I swallowed an entire bottle of NyQuil, good thing DH is being so understanding cause I can barely get my butt off the couch.  I don't remember being this tired with my first, he says I was, all I remember is at about 5 1/2 weeks I woke up and everything made me want to hurl.  I'll be 5 weeks on Tuesday so my predicition is by next weekend.  Hopefully my cravings are the same, all I wanted were burgers, fries and pizza, and I eat very healthy so it was a nice break to give in to some of those fast food urges here and there.  All the stretchy ligament pains are back though, amazing how I seemed to develop amnesia for some of this stuff!  I guess that's how we end up with more than one kid. LOL

Old 01-02-2011, 07:27 AM

I am freezing all the time!!  Yes, it's a little cold here in SoCal, but this is me huddled in bed with the space heater on, robe, thick socks, blankets, while DH is in t-shirt and shorts next to me so that he can stand the heat.  I think it's something about my always-pretty-low blood pressure and the pregnancy - BRRRR cold.gif

Old 01-02-2011, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

I get really sensitive to cold in my first tri too. It's odd, but my bp is always on the low side, too.

Two things that are keeping the nausea at bay; b6, and near constant snacking (even if food sounds gross eating anyway helps).
If I don't do these things I start feeling really sick really fast. Getting a ton of sleep helps too!

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Half the time I feel completely normal and the other half I feel totally pregnant! I have been really dang crampy (which is normal for me, I was crampy my whole 1st trimester with my son), no appetite then CRAZY appetite, leg cramps, peeing more often, THIRSTY (I'm still breastfeeding, I'm sure that's what's making it worse). The biggest thing for me (and I'm hoping someone out there has experienced this before!) is that I constantly miserably cold! It's almost like the coldness hurts my body. I've been taking a lot of hot shower lately and I just sit on the shower floor like, "ahhhh!". Isn't that weird? That started maybe 3 or 4 days before my BFP. 

Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 AM

The biggest indicator that lead me to take a test was extremely sore breasts. It was a progressive thing for about a week. Now they just ache all the time, and sometimes it's really intense. I wanted to put heat on them last night, but wasn't able to because I was working on the computer and had no way of keeping the heat pack on me. I really can't believe how much they ache sometimes.

I also had two huge hot flashes, which I have never in my life had before. That was strange. I'm already having food aversions which was exactly how pregnancy #2 was for me. I'm hungry but cannot find anything I want to eat. I have to force myself to eat. I'll be drinking a lot of green smoothies I guess, they are the only thing I may be able to choke down for awhile. And of course, I'm tired. But it's coming and going. All of a sudden I'll feel exhausted. 

It definitely all adds up to pregnancy!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 AM

That's 3 for the super cold thing - we must be normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hethir09 View Post

Half the time I feel completely normal and the other half I feel totally pregnant! I have been really dang crampy (which is normal for me, I was crampy my whole 1st trimester with my son), no appetite then CRAZY appetite, leg cramps, peeing more often, THIRSTY (I'm still breastfeeding, I'm sure that's what's making it worse). The biggest thing for me (and I'm hoping someone out there has experienced this before!) is that I constantly miserably cold! It's almost like the coldness hurts my body. I've been taking a lot of hot shower lately and I just sit on the shower floor like, "ahhhh!". Isn't that weird? That started maybe 3 or 4 days before my BFP. 

Old 01-03-2011, 09:52 AM

I started out with hot flashes the first few days after I found out I was pregnant. Now Im on to being cold all the time. I did have low blood pressure pre-pregnancy, but now its much worse. I have to be careful getting up and down and doing a good work out 2-3 times a day to keep my blood circulating or else I get severe spins to the point where I cant walk. So much for resting... or eating. Im losing weight as the more I rest, the more dizzy I get, so I have to stay very active. The more I eat, the more EXTREME gas I get. Im totally miserable and its only been a week.Cant sleep at night.  Irritable and feeling depressed so it's making everything else worse. I can't imagine going through 9 more months of this. Someone please tell me it gets easier? Im starting to dread labor less, despite choosing a home birth or birth center birth than the next 9 months of isolation and stuck at home (I work from home and see to get gas at night.... so that is the only time husband and spend together during the day.... so Ive been isolating myself)

Sorry to whine. Im really struggling and have no friends to talk to this about. Any friends Ive had that are pregnant were the "pregnancy is beautiful" type and refuse to admit they had any adverse reactions.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM

It does get better!  I was so unbelievably sick during my first trimester with my son, it was like having the flu 24/7, good thing we have drugs for that!  I haven't hit that point yet with this pregnancy but I'm determined to try without the drugs this time.  I was never cold but felt like I had a built in furnace running on high, my kid is still permanently hot.  For most women around the 12 week mark you wake up one morning and it's all gone and you feel great and invincible.  I had extreme insomnia but wasn't tired, so I got a lot done at that time.  Best part is I forgot all about the aches and pains and crappy stuff of pregnancy until about 6 months after my son was born, which may be why your friends are all saying it was wonderful, automatic amnesia. 

Don't worry about whining, we're all going to be a bunch of whining pregnant women for the next while.  I haven't told any of my friends yet so it's nice to have a group to talk to that don't really know who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activealli View Post

I started out with hot flashes the first few days after I found out I was pregnant. Now Im on to being cold all the time. I did have low blood pressure pre-pregnancy, but now its much worse. I have to be careful getting up and down and doing a good work out 2-3 times a day to keep my blood circulating or else I get severe spins to the point where I cant walk. So much for resting... or eating. Im losing weight as the more I rest, the more dizzy I get, so I have to stay very active. The more I eat, the more EXTREME gas I get. Im totally miserable and its only been a week.Cant sleep at night.  Irritable and feeling depressed so it's making everything else worse. I can't imagine going through 9 more months of this. Someone please tell me it gets easier? Im starting to dread labor less, despite choosing a home birth or birth center birth than the next 9 months of isolation and stuck at home (I work from home and see to get gas at night.... so that is the only time husband and spend together during the day.... so Ive been isolating myself)

Sorry to whine. Im really struggling and have no friends to talk to this about. Any friends Ive had that are pregnant were the "pregnancy is beautiful" type and refuse to admit they had any adverse reactions.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM

I've got the cold thing going too, though when I had a pull over hoody on I had to take it off cuz my abdomen was hot, but then my arms were cold, so I had to put on a sweatshirt with a zipper so that I could leave the front part open.  Just now had aching boob pain, I had that earlier, but it was the other one.  I'm super tired, but I need to put clean sheets back on the bed before I get in.  My boobs were the first sign though.  I have been doing P90X and the last 3 workouts were really hard to get through and one where you jump all over the place, my boobs were bouncing and hurting.  They haven't bounced like that before and weren't painful until now and I was incredibly hungry last Sunday.  This morning though I woke up and started making breakfast and the butter heating in the pan just smelled icky and then heating some pork to put in the eggs, icky too, but it was super yummy.  I told hubby he might have to start making breakfast soon.  I really need to go to bed.  So tired, can't keep my eyes open.sleeping.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:13 PM

I'm not certain if I'm late august/early september.  I haven't had any neasea yet, but I have had tons of cramping and constipation.  I also tend to get very cold at times.  I'm sooooo glad I found this thread to read and join in on!  I was so worried about the cramping.  This is my 3rd time and I don't remember feeling crampy at all the first 2; especially not this early.  I'm also nursing until my youngest decides to stop.

mom to boy 14, boy 5, angel.gif  11 week loss, 2ndtri.gif  Expecting a surprise in December! lactivist.gifintactivist.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnoIRC.gifrocks.jpguc.jpg

User Tag List