Sept '11 PAL Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 119 Old 01-23-2011, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Morning all :)

DH was a sweetie and went out and got me a different not digital preg test. Bless him I think I've got him worried now.

Well 5am this morning I had to peeeeeeeeeeee I errrr caught it in a jar and was gonna go back to bed. DH said we should test it now in case it "went off" or something. So bleary eyed at 5 am I'm stick dipping! lol.gif Well the new ones came up with the positive line darker, thicker and before the control line!

So we thought we'd try the digital one again. I was ready to not put much faith in the result the normal test was enough to re-assure me :)

But lo and behold the digital test now says 3+ weeks!!!! YAY joy.gif

This was a stronger peeee and I'd not drunk enough yesterday (not intentionally) but I'd got my reassurance happytears.gif

So I'll cancel the doc's on monday and see if we can get the viability scan privately (DH is doing the overtime :) just to be sure. But atleast I know the HCG is rising :)

#62 of 119 Old 01-23-2011, 12:59 AM

yeah! glad you are feeling reassured :) oh, the ups and downs of it all! can't it just be september already?? :)

#63 of 119 Old 01-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hi ladies!  Joining a little late-- I am due (god willing) very late Sept.  Two months ago had a 2nd trimester loss which was devastating.  I am shocked but grateful to have conceived so soon but as you can all understand any joy is mixed with just as much fear.  This is my third DDC in a year!  First was either false positive or a chemical.  Second pregnancy ended at 17 weeks (baby had passed some time before that, not exactly sure when).  Hugs to everyone! 

#64 of 119 Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
L J

Hi frugalmum - Its very nice to see you here! I'm glad you are joining us!

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#65 of 119 Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frugalmum View Post

hi ladies!  Joining a little late-- I am due (god willing) very late Sept.  Two months ago had a 2nd trimester loss which was devastating.  I am shocked but grateful to have conceived so soon but as you can all understand any joy is mixed with just as much fear.  This is my third DDC in a year!  First was either false positive or a chemical.  Second pregnancy ended at 17 weeks (baby had passed some time before that, not exactly sure when).  Hugs to everyone! 

Good to see you here! 

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#66 of 119 Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome... still hard to believe I got a BFP.  I keep obsessing over symptoms or lack thereof!  Stickydust to everyone!!

#67 of 119 Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the welcome... still hard to believe I got a BFP.  I keep obsessing over symptoms or lack thereof!  Stickydust to everyone!!

the symptoms check! ugh!  I haven't been as nauseous as I was a few days ago, so I'm of course nervous that something's up.  I am, however, bogged down with a sinus infection :( pregnancy rhinitis?

has any one else seen there nausea come and go? I'm 7 weeks today, and tomorrow is my first midwife appointment.

#68 of 119 Old 01-25-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella_stranger View Post

Quote:

the symptoms check! ugh!  I haven't been as nauseous as I was a few days ago, so I'm of course nervous that something's up.  I am, however, bogged down with a sinus infection :( pregnancy rhinitis?

has any one else seen there nausea come and go? I'm 7 weeks today, and tomorrow is my first midwife appointment.

My nausea was definitely worse last week and I am 7 weeks tomorrow.  I'm feeling a little more queasy today, but I think its due to low blood sugar.  Let us know how your appt. goes.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#69 of 119 Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 AM

I am not having steady nausea which is really worrying me!  It comes and goes and tends to be slight when it's here.  Last pregnancy I was praying to avoid nausea, now I'm praying for it!

#70 of 119 Old 01-26-2011, 02:43 PM

so my appointment with the midwife went well.  she ordered an early ultrasound for me for monday, very kind of her.  now im just concerned about the 1 hr glucose tolerance test, afraid Im going to throw off the results because I typically eat low carbs.... any one have experience with that? i haven't had GD before, though my first pregnancy when I tested I was eating carbs. a lot. the bad ones. eww.

#71 of 119 Old 01-26-2011, 05:50 PM

Can you request an alternative test, drink grape juice instead of the stuff they give you at the blood lab?  When I had a homebirth the MW had me drink a glass of grape juice and she just tested me with a home monitor.

#72 of 119 Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You can also eat jelly beans in place of the orange gunk they give you.  However, I follow a low carb diet as well and that actually helps insulin tests because your body hasn't been taxed and over compensating for a long time and therefore, is quickly able to get the sugar spike under control.  That being said, I've never had to take a glucose test for my homebirths.  You have the right to waive it if you choose.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#73 of 119 Old 01-27-2011, 04:00 PM

I would only take the glucose test if your spilling sugar in your urine.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#74 of 119 Old 01-30-2011, 09:46 AM

Evening all.

Very odd day today - light brown spotting this morning. Very feint but there.
PANIC. That's what happened last time bawling.gif I'm so scared.

This evening it seems to have stopped?? I'm more maniacally TP checking than before.

This evening I have nausea from hell - to the point of having me bucket here... Just in case.

No idea what to think.

We're back to waiting and seeing again. Why is everything wait wait wait when it comes to this stuff!

Nixie

#75 of 119 Old 01-30-2011, 01:03 PM

Aww, Nixie, i hope it's nothing to worry about.  understand how nervewracking that is though, that's how it started for me last time too, and now i am constantly CONSTANTLY checking TP to make sure everything is okay.  just rest as much as you can, i'm sure all is fine.

2 weeks to go until i'm further along than i was with my loss...5 weeks until i'm out of the first trimester.  i can't wait.  i hate the first trimester :(

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#76 of 119 Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 PM

Nixie, I hope it is just a one-time thing!

Wanted to stop in and say hi officially though I have been lurking for a few weeks.  I am on my 14th pregnancy - 3 living boys, a stillborn little girl in 2002 and the rest miscarried.  I am pretty much a wreck!  I pray every night that I will have some outward manifestation of being pregnancy, i.e., morning sickness, but, really, there has been nothing except lightheadness and the queasies when I first wake up in the morning.  It's making me very pessimistic.  I have decided to play this differently with no early u/ss because it offers no reassurance to me:  I have seen a heartbeat twice in the past two years only to have it go wrong two-three weeks later.  I am so glad to be pregnant again (it's been a year since our last m/c), but, oh, the first trimester just is so hard. 

Jen, momma to 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 5.  Sadly missing our little lost babes.

#77 of 119 Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 PM

I've not got a munchkin yet - Does the second trimester get easier??

(I've not been as far as I am before... so that's something :)

Also praying here, for all of us that have been down this road x
too many unhappy tears - only happy ones when beautiful healthy babes are born from now on please :)

Right, no exercise for me this week. Dont care what the doc says - I'll take it way easy. Too scared to do anything else.

Kinda hoping it was just cos we did TBD. Still dont see the midwife for another 10 days. urghhh! so I cant talk to her about it.

#78 of 119 Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 AM

Spotting can definitely be caused by BDing!  Can you go in earlier to be checked?

#79 of 119 Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetestday View Post

I'm with you all here, I guess. This is my most emotionally unstable pregnancy yet, after having three fine, healthy sons, then losing a baby at 8 weeks last May. Now I'm constantly trying to notice any signs of pregnancy like sore breasts, bathroom stops, gassiness, etc, and am not noticing much. I find myself getting excited about feeling like crying, being super tired or crabby. Funny things to be happy about, eh? :)

But it's like I'm afraid to get excited about the baby, or plan ahead or anything.

Glad this group is here.  This is how I feel as well...2 fine, healthy, and unveventful pregnancies and births then lost one at 10.5 weeks in Octover....  I have to remind myself that with my healthy pregnancies, I had very few symptoms but that doesn't stop the anxiety.  I think my anxiety is producing phantom negative symptoms sometimes as well.  I am excited about being pregnant but so nervous.  My general attitude is pretty positive so I am doing some visioning and breathing and looking forward to meeting a healthy baby in Sept!

Married to CH (2005) and mother to DS1 (6/2006), DS2 (8/2008) and DS3 Sept 22nd, 2011!   

#80 of 119 Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 AM

for what ever reason you can only talk to a MW if you ring between 9 and 10am. (oh joy) So will have to call tomorrow. :(

Doc's would just brush me off.

tell you what, no matter how this turns out - this is the last time I'm doing it. If there's a baby, it'll be the only one. And if there's not - well me and DH have each other and our muttleys.

Hope you other ladies are having a better time of it x

#81 of 119 Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 AM

Nixie, I spotted every time we BD when pregnant with my oldest DS.  My MW said I had an irritable cervix.  I was too ignorant of all that can go wrong at that point to be concerned and he turned out fine.  I am hoping the same for you!  Yes, the second trimester does get easier for most mommas, I think.  At least I can rationalize that the chances of losing babe are lower than the first trimester, you know?

I love what you wrote ... only happy tears from now on. :)

Jen, momma to 3 boys, ages 11, 8, and 5.  Sadly missing our little lost babes.

#82 of 119 Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 AM

Still got the occasional smudge rather than spot.

Called the doc's and miracles do happen, they were nice to me!!

They've booked me in for an early scan on Thursday morning.

He asked me to take another HPT to confirm I hadn't m/c'd and the positive was Veeerrrrrry strong :) so I feel vaguely confident :)

I'll let you ladies know :)

#83 of 119 Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 AM

Hello all! I hope you don't mind my joining you ladies. I am due October 1, but since this is my third, I am likely to deliver earlier so I'm straddling due date clubs. I had a loss in June 2010, a missed miscarriage. I had a feeling something wasn't right, it started when I was around 8 weeks along. At my 12 week appointment, the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat, so she sent me for an ultrasound and it showed that the baby had stopped growing between 8 and 9 weeks. I was shattered. I let nature take its course, and it took another week for the miscarriage to actually happen. I never had any spotting, any cramping, any warning signs other than my own gut feeling that something was off. It took about 5 months for me to make my peace with what happened, and to accept the fact that this was my last chance to have another baby (I turned 41 in August) and move on. 

But lo and behold, I conceived again! We weren't trying or avoiding, we leave everything in God's hands, and I guess He feels we can do this again. winky.gif So here goes... I don't want to scare my fellow due date club members, and I would love to be among moms who have been in that same dark place, and are both elated and scared to be pregnant again. I hope you all won't mind putting up with me. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#84 of 119 Old 02-02-2011, 08:19 AM

Your more than welcome here :). There's a lot of support. Like you say, no one apart from someone that's been in that dark space will understand it, it helps when others have been there too.

Wish you a happy healthy 9 months this time!

We're only having happy tears this time round :)

#85 of 119 Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Snugglebugmom...i have that feeling that you described, that something is wrong.  i don't really have any reason to believe it, i'm hoping it's just because i'm getting closer to the point where i lost the last one.  i just wish there was some way to know that everything is okay in there--i've said it before, and i'll say it again:  i HATE the first trimester.  i'm just so scared to lose another one, and i can't believe i still have a month to go before i'm out of the first trimester and can maybe breathe a sigh of relief.  i just want everything to be okay, and i can't get the nagging feeling out of my head that it isn't.  :(

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#86 of 119 Old 02-02-2011, 04:48 PM

I keep getting asked if I'm really excited that I'm pregnant.  I don't think I'll be really excited until I get past 14wks when I miscarried my last in June.  I think it puts some people off, but whatever.

#87 of 119 Old 02-03-2011, 04:03 AM

had my scan today - bad news.

Baby's in there. Measures right for my dates - but it's got no heartbeat. A "Fairly recent demise" she said

Just have to wait for it to miscarry now.

Hope you mama's have better luck!

#88 of 119 Old 02-03-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post

Baby's in there. Measures right for my dates - but it's got no heartbeat. A "Fairly recent demise" she said

Big hug.gif's mama.  I'm so sorry.

#89 of 119 Old 02-03-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixie View Post

I am so very sorry. hug2.gif I had a "missed miscarriage" in June. I wish you as much peace and rest as possible in this hard time. 

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#90 of 119 Old 02-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Nixie, I am so very sorry. grouphug.gif Let me know if you want to talk. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page