Chat 1/3-1/9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2011, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am overwhelmed with feelings, thoughts and symptoms. It is an unexpected pregnancy, but I am completely at peace and happy about it. But at the same time overwhelmed. This is a hugely busy time in my life business wise. I just got my book off to the editor, which is divine timing that I got it written before I got pregnant! But there is still so much to do to market it over the next several months. Which means, sick or not, tired or not, or whatever the pregnancy brings, I will have to persevere, and that is all there is too it!

My husband is not happy about it. But he's a great guy and an amazing Dad so I know he will come around. I'm trying to give him space. Anyone else going through this...would love some company...

I cannot believe how symptomatic I am at only 4 weeks. But it's not a surprise, I am like this every time. It seems like as soon as the sperm meets the egg, that's all she wrote. I seriously have every pregnancy symptom except nausea.Luckily, nothing is severe, but absolutely noticeable.  It's just surreal each time it happens. You would think three times in I would be used to it.

That is all. Just needed to get it all out.

Where are you? How are you? Lets chat!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 08:42 AM

I'm in a similar spot.  This was a huge surprise to us too.  We wanted another kid but more like in a year, this was totally off of our radar at the moment.  We're in the middle of an international move, I just finished my Ph.D last month and will be starting a "real job" and we're moving to a country where I can speak the language but not anything work related so I'm going to have a lot of headaches for awhile! 

We're excited but very nervous.  Plus we don't even know if our new insurance will cover this... so yeah, basically we're trying to process the news (we just found out yesterday!).  I sort of delayed taking the test for awhile because I just wasn't ready to know. 

Good luck with your book! What is it about?

Oh, and as for symptoms.  I had some pretty bad headaches at first and I have basically no interest in food.  It's not really nausea just a lack of interest.  I also have some breast tenderness and cramping (both of which I had last time) but I didn't have bad nausea last time either so I'm hoping it's the same this time too!  Although last time I was STARVING so that's pretty different.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 PM

I went to get my blood drawn today - seven vials as I have to get a thyroid work-up every six weeks, too.  Anyway, I totally got the new girl today.  Blah.  Remember, I get my blood drawn all.the.time. so I'm used to the game.  First, she stuck me in my left arm and moved the freaking needle so much that my stomach dropped.  Then she did it again and I told her it didn't feel good.  So she yanked that needle and went to my other arm.  It's like she moved in super slow motion.  Each vial filled...s.l.o.w.l.y. pulled it out...s.l.o.w.l.y. put a new on.  Lather rinse repeat.  Then the baby started crying.  Then my daughter started getting fidgety.  Then I felt myself getting faint.  And I was *this* close to just losing it and passing out.  UGH.  She pretended like it was MY fault.  Um, chick, I get my blood drawn all the time!  It ain't me!

One week until I know what's going on.  I don't feel pregnant at all.  Other than needing to kick it down a notch during Zumba all is exactly as normal.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 PM

Jamie, I know how you are feeling.

I am 28, but my husband is 35. He has had baby fever for the past year. I know he can tecnically father a baby for many years, but he didnt want to be "too old" to enjoy playing with his children. Its not that I didn't want a baby, but I didn't feel the ticking clock so to speak. I am so overwhelmed with work and life, the thought of a baby at this point sounded really overwhelming, but then I realized that there really will be no time when I don't make myself busy. I just started my own equestrian gifts and apparel store (http://www.PrettyPonyInc.com) which just really starting taking off the ground last October with our new website. I also have about 900 affiliate marketing websites of my own, 5 overseas employees in the Phillipines I hired to promote my websites, and 1 employee (friend) close by who works with me with Pretty Pony, manage my husbands diet supplement line, manage his 3 new business website builds, product shipping for his and my various other business, and mentor about 6-8 people on a weekly basis who work the same marketing business as our affiliate who need a lot of help and guidance. I also have tons of animals (dog, house rabbit, guinea pigs, 3 exotic 2' reptiles, and 3 horses who need daily work, including 1 rescue horse with behavioral problems). On top of that, I also do the daily cleaning (2 people working from home means a lot more dishes, groceries, etc), laundry, pick up, organization (neat freak), house hold stuff. We also are working on finishing our house (bought a foreclosed home that the contractor ran out of money before it was finished). Im missing a few things, but you get the idea. Im busy, and stressed, to the max in every way possible.

Despite the stress, I also felt like I just finally started to "find  my way" in life. I love showing and training my horses and love my "barn family". I am worried I will have to give all that up, including my 3 baby girls (horses).

That being said, I am still happy. I know I can make it work to still be able to work and have a life. Or at least thats my thought. I feel bad because my husband is super excited, and I am too, I am just doubting my ability to "do it all" and stay sane. And be happy, if possible. I have snapped at my poor husband a lot over the past week about how all the pressure is going to be on me to be pregnant then raise the baby, plus work my 10+ jobs 60+ hours a week from home and make enough to pay half the expenses of the house and bills AND do all the house work. I dont want to be a stressed out momma!

Still sorting out my feeling. Im happy and just realizing Im going to have to let some things go. I half-leased a horse out to a 9 year old girl, and hired a trainer for a rescue mare. Experiencing tons of symptoms, though not nauseous yet, so letting my friend take care of a lot of the work for Pretty Pony and just taking it one day at a time and focusing my energy on all the positives instead of the negative. The thought of spending more time as a family. Having a baby to teach all we know to (including riding when they are old enough). Taking time to take it easy for once and enjoy the little things in life. Making time to spend with friends and family to celebrate this occasion. Everything will fall right into place in the end :)

Sorry- I type fast and tend to ramble.....

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-05-2011, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

@physmom- Brazil?! Wow! That is awesome! I lived in Brazil as an exchange student for a year when I was 18. I absolutely loved it. I think it is a great Country with great people. I could definitely live there. My goal is take my family to visit and meet my host family (still keep in touch) in the next few years. I used to speak Portuguese, but it's hard to say now that it's been so long. I do think I could pick it back up easily if I were around it daily. I'm really excited for you.

However, that does sound like a lot on your plate. Moving Internationally, new job,  new culture/language etc. And now pregnancy? That is a lot for sure! Will your job be okay about pregnancy?

So when do you officially move? Keep us posted on all that so we can stay in touch and make sure you are doing well. Maybe this board will be good for moments you feel like you are going crazy! I know it will be for me. :)

Thanks for asking about my book. It is called The General Manager Of Your Universe. It is a book designed to teach people how get empowered to live inspired and joyful lives. It's about releasing the need to be a victim and completely self accept, release all fear and move forward with passion. It's to help people find out who they are and to live authentically.

@AfricanQueen- My friend recently got into Zumba and really likes it. We just got an Xbox360 for Xmas and I got the game Dance Central, but I wish I had got the Zumba dance game. I'll have to check it out. I would love to stay fit this pregnancy. I did with my first and really felt physically great...strong even. But with my 2nd i did not and I felt it. I got huge and I regretted it for many reasons. So I'm going to be not getting lazy this time and doing my yoga and hooping, walking and Dancing :)

@activealli- Sounds like you and my dh are feeling similar. I don't think you will have to give up as much as you might think. That is so neat you work with horses. I think they are majestical animals! I feel their power and beauty when I am around them (which is not often unfortunately). I've just always noticed it. Good for you on the website.

So it sounds like we are all a bunch of insanely busy, hyper motivated super women with another kid on the way! Certainly with everything else we do, we can manage one more kid right? nod.gif

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Blah!  I woke up today with blood (bright red with enough tissue to make to realize it ain't happening, but not enough to pass everything, yk?).  So I was sent back for more bloodwork.  I've never had the back-to-back draws to check numbers, either.  So I went to a different Quest since I had such a horrible time the other day.  This time I had the lady smacking gum in my face while moving the needle around...then she just gave up and another woman tried.  Finally they pulled it out and went into the other arm.  I am so over Quest and their inability to actually take my blood without killing me!

I'll know tomorrow the status of the pregnancy.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM

@AfricanQueen hope it works out okay for you! x
I know what it's like :(

@IntuitiveJamie We got the kinect for christmas, mostly for the Zumba game. We were soooooooo dissapointed. I cant learn the routines or even the steps because even standing still makes it think you've got it 100% and it moves on to the next  move, The game doesnt get through explaining the step before it declares you've got it and moves on!!
The fitness one's pretty good though. I think I'm gonna try to trade zumba for dance2 :D

I went to the doc today who told me to hit the fitness - horseriding = fine, but no practicing for badminton (Like I could ever do that course LOL) I guess he meant no 4ft jumps.
So I'm gonna see about joining a differnt gym and may be start swimming to improve my cardio a bit

Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 PM

So, I got the results from my doctor today.  You're PREGNANT!!!  Well, duh.   lol.gif  I just needed the piece of paper so I can start the paperwork for my insurance.  I feel so weird though and totally had an emotional few minutes today.  I couldn't stop crying and then started laughing because I was crying and pregnant.  lol.gif  I guess having it on paper from the doctor instead of just a faint pink line on a pregnancy test helped make it more real. 

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

User Tag List