Exercise Motivation Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 97 Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ooohh I've got me new DVD's.

Feeling a bit tired today I've tried 10 minute solution prenatal pilates.

Well that's a lot more intense than Davina's ROTFLMAO.gif there's 5 10 min blocks for prenatal and a 10 min block for after baby.

I've done three 10 min's and that's enough thank you very much LOL - and somewhat more difficult when 2 of our three dogs want to sleep on the yoga mat and the pillow's you need to use. And the other one is hell bent on stealing the weights I was using :) I reckon they think they're helping :)

I've got a prenatal yoga dvd too - but it's got a 70min running time for the main work out and like another hour of exercises in shorter blocks to go with that - I'll wait till I'm having a good day before trying it :)

#62 of 97 Old 01-21-2011, 08:15 AM

we just bought a treadmill. now i have to learn to use it and get on it! LOL i'm still going to muay thai kickboxing 2x a week and walking too.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#63 of 97 Old 01-21-2011, 04:42 PM

I didn't do anything today. orngtongue.gif  I worked 8 hours and was pooped and my feet hurt when I got home.  Same probably tomorrow.  I will get back on schedule on Sunday afternoon.  Tomorrow night after work I'm going out with hubby and his parents so I won't be able to do anything. 

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#64 of 97 Old 01-23-2011, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

I got a 30m walk in this morning, normal pre-preg distance, and wow, I was so much more tired at the end!  Yesterday I did half of the PPW1.  My PPW3 (bellydancing bellyhair.gifhaha) should come in sometime this next week!

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#65 of 97 Old 01-23-2011, 08:43 AM

Wow!  This thread is a great motivator!  

DH took the kids on an big adventure this morning so the dog and I are going to have a longish walk.  I'm starting Kundalini Yoga classes 2x week on Monday and hope to get in the pool a couple times a week too, plus the usual dog walking (about a mile a day).  

Keep up the good work ladies!

“...there are two ways to meet life; you may refuse to care until indifference becomes a habit, a defensive armor, and you are safe - but bored. Or you can care greatly, live greatly, until life breaks you on its wheel. ” - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#66 of 97 Old 01-23-2011, 09:28 AM

All day severe nausea reared it ugly head and my usual level of activity is diminishing with my decrease food intake, but here is my goal for the week. Im hoping writing on here will help keep me motivated!

Mon/Wed: 30 minutes with PT at the gym

Tues/Wed/Thursday/Friday/Sunday: 2 hours at barn riding/training/grooming horses

5x a week go on incline trainer (simulates hiking with -6 to 40% incline)

Im hoping to add in yoga 2x a week and swimming 2x a week too. I used to be a lifeguard/water polo player/HS swimmer and I miss the water. We have an amazing community pool 5 minutes from my house I havent been to in a year.

Hoping to motivate today to clean all the 8' reptile cages and 4x4x2 story guinea pig cages. I usually work up a pretty good sweat doing it as its a lot of scrubbing/lifting bedding and reptile brick homes but I feel so happy when its done because I can tell they are happy to have clean cages! Its been on my to-do list for a few days now.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#67 of 97 Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Getting on the elliptical today.  orngbiggrin.gif  Two days off exercising was way too much!

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#68 of 97 Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been tryong to do 40 min on my treadmill everyday. It's an ancient thing that's hard to do... non electrical and lots of resistance. So, it's not power fast walking, but I figure it's kind of like 40 min of walking up hill. Slowly. :) Better than nothing anyway.

I still have my three boys "nap", or at least be an hour's rest time, so that's my exercise time till spring comes.

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to five handsome and fun boys. Looking forward to meeting our newest little one in July.
#69 of 97 Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM

I had my first water aerobics class today.  It was a lot of fun but mostly because there was just me, an elderly lady, and the instructor who is pregnant so we ended up talking about birth/pregnancy/nursing.  :D  It wasn't super hard but I didn't expect that but I can full it in my muscles now so that's good.  Plus, I didn't have a problem sticking it out the entire hour so at least I'll get in a decent amount of exercise 3x a week.  

I have to admit that I have alterior motives, though, because this is the instructor's first kid and she said she was scared of a natural birth but was interested when I told her about doulas and birthing classes so I think I'm going to try and convert her. ;)  The elderly lady also seemed to be into the natural route and even knew about doulas so it was a fun conversation (even if it's not always easy for me to talk about birth in Portuguese).  

Oh, and the best part?  I feel soooo much more energetic!  Just that alone makes it worth it.

#70 of 97 Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM

I did my modified weight training today.  I am so pooped though, it was hard to get through it.  Whew!  First tri fatigue is setting in.

#71 of 97 Old 01-24-2011, 06:50 PM

I went to Body Jam yesterday. It's a fun hip hoppy dance class. Only complaint was that some of the shaking hurt my bladder-lol. Played wii tennis with DS today. Tomorrow back to the grind with day 1 if a four day streak of teaching group fitness. Spotting made me nervous so I will take it easy.

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
#72 of 97 Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Whew, I had my second water aerobics class.  This time we focused more on legs and I could definitely feel it! In a good way, though.  I'm glad that I signed up for it. The only problem was, was that MIL wanted to meet me after class and they let her in with DD to watch. BAD IDEA! It was already close to DD's bed time so she was tired and she just freaked out after she realized I wasn't leaving the pool immediately. Then she kept asking me for a long time afterwards if I was done "taking a bath" it took me a while to figure out what she was talking about because I thought she meant when I needed to take a bath once we got home.

#73 of 97 Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 PM

I was so exhausted yesterday I just ended up taking a nap.  I really want to get on the elliptical today, but its super duper cold outside.  I think I'll just have to put two layers on and just do it.  I really need to exercise.

#74 of 97 Old 01-26-2011, 06:07 PM

18 minutes on the elliptical.  I couldn't make it through those last two minutes.  1st trimester exhaustion has definitely hit.

#75 of 97 Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 PM

I got a spouse membership to the UW gym system about a week before I found out I was pregnant, so getting my money's worth is a big motivator for me!

I've been getting up really early and meeting some friends there at 6:30 to do a little cardio.  Today I did some weights for the first time, and it was really, really sad uhoh3.gif.  I bike to work most days, so my legs are pretty strong, but my arms are really pathetic.  I've also been trying to do some proper squatting for pelvic floor strength.  I was thinking of doing 10 a night, and increasing that by 2 each week until it becomes ridiculous.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#76 of 97 Old 01-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Ugh.  I tried to get up the energy to get on the elliptical.  Feeling oh so nauseous and my nap didn't really energize me.  I feel so icky today.  I want my energy back.  Maybe I will try to at least take a walk with the hubs and dogs. 

#77 of 97 Old 01-29-2011, 07:35 AM

This week:

Sunday-Body Jam

Monday-nothing

Tuesday-taught Body Pump/did Step

Wednesday-30 minutes Elliptical/taught Body Pump

Thursday-taught Body Combat

Friday-taught Body Combat

Exhaustion is supreme after teaching! 

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
#78 of 97 Old 01-29-2011, 11:50 AM

16 and half minutes on the elliptical today.  I guess that's it.  lol.gif  Exhausting.  I'm hoping to get the Perfect Pregnancy Workout vol.1 in the next couple of days.  We'll see.  Haha!  This is so laughable how little my body is letting me do.  I really do hope second tri energy comes fast.  Whew!

#79 of 97 Old 01-29-2011, 01:08 PM

ITA! I miss having energy!!! I miss working out on the weekends but it's incredible hot here (about 100F) and the in-laws don't have AC.  Is there anything I can do in this heat that won't kill me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

16 and half minutes on the elliptical today.  I guess that's it.  lol.gif  Exhausting.  I'm hoping to get the Perfect Pregnancy Workout vol.1 in the next couple of days.  We'll see.  Haha!  This is so laughable how little my body is letting me do.  I really do hope second tri energy comes fast.  Whew!

#80 of 97 Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Ugh.  I tried to get up the energy to get on the elliptical.  Feeling oh so nauseous and my nap didn't really energize me.  I feel so icky today.  I want my energy back.  Maybe I will try to at least take a walk with the hubs and dogs. 

Same here (im at 9 weeks)! We have been taking our dog for a lot of walks together, which is good, because she is going at my pace right now! Our dog is 17 years old and basically does the slowest waddle walk ever but still loves her walks! I think yesterday I got a few stares from people as we passes as I was soo nauseated I know I looked like death warmed over! I wish I was showing already so that people will be like "oh, its because she pregnant!" but no.. hopefully by the time Im showing ill be over the nausea.

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#81 of 97 Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

I can't really remember if I exercised much last week - I don't think I did - energy zapped sleepytime.gif  So it was so hard to get motivated today, but I told myself I could do the easy version of everything in the PPW 1 if I wanted to...  And I did!  Still an excellent workout :)  Also walked with DD to the park today, a little over a mile roundtrip.  So I feel like it was something!  Tomorrow hoping to get on the elliptical for 15m before work.

#82 of 97 Old 01-31-2011, 05:53 PM

Walked the dogs with dh today.  At least it was something.  I felt so nauseous the whole time.  I feel better now that I ate some cheese.thumb.gif

#83 of 97 Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Walking seems to be all I can do right now. I was doing my yoga on Friday and began to cough/gag, got a little dizzy, then lost it. That was the second time that it happened while excercising. At least when I am walking, I'm either outside and can breathe some fresh, cold air or I am on my treadmill and can step off and throw up.

I am trying to make sure that even on my roughest days, I do as much squatting and tailor sitting as I can while playing with DS or folding laundry or whatever necessary thing I am doing. I am also going to get my excercise ball out, inflated, and in use. I used that as my chair when pregnant with DS. biggrinbounce.gif

I have lost 7 pounds so far during this pregnancy. It is ok, I am starting out heavier that I would like, and I feel confident that the nausea will end soon.

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#84 of 97 Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 AM

It was really sad yesterday.  I got on the elliptical and stayed on for about 12 minutes.  I think the blood volume increasing in my body is just exhausting right now.

#85 of 97 Old 02-03-2011, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry your energy is still low, Cathy!  I think mine came back in the last week or so...  This morning I actually wanted to stay on the elliptical after my usual 15m I've been struggling to do - but I hadn't left myself enough time before work/preschool :)  Tried PPW vol. 3, the bellyhair.gifone, just the beginner workout, and while the dancing was challenging enough for a total novice, didn't feel like a tough workout.  But it was kind of fun and relaxing anyway, just 30m long, and we'll see how my core muscles feel tomorrow I guess!  Tomorrow I'm going to try the Crunch Yoga Mama workout, b/c I can get it on Netflix...  Fun to actually be getting my exercise in this week!

#86 of 97 Old 02-03-2011, 05:26 PM

I got some dishes washed today.  Does that count?  My body hates me.  greensad.gif

#87 of 97 Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, that bellydancing workout that I thought was so mild - apparently deceptively so!  My back is quite sore today greensad.gif  Will give it another try in a few days, but know to be more careful!

#88 of 97 Old 02-04-2011, 02:13 PM

I just had three days in a row of water aerobics due to my schedule this week.  I'm pretty tired since the classes are about 45 min each and it seems like right after class we always have errands to run.  Today was a grocery store run so we had to drag all the groceries home afterwards (we don't have a car). 

#89 of 97 Old 02-08-2011, 12:45 PM

I finally got out and took the dogs on a walk.  Yippee!!  I had heartburn and my intestines didn't like it very much, but I felt good after.  Yay!!!

#90 of 97 Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

So first I started a fever and major cold...  Then all the coughing seems to have triggered throwing up at last, at almost 11wks (just like last pregnancy, so weird - so I may be in for another month of this).  So... yeah, no exercise for me for a couple days greensad.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page