The Gender Guessing Thread... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not talking about a preference in gender, I'm talking about a pure, unadulterated GUESS.  You can go by gut feeling.  you can go by your expertise of the Shettles Method.  You can go by what your grandmother's BFF's dog thinks.  ANYthing works in a guessing thread.

Just have fun with it! :)

Well, we were NOT trying to conceive, but not trying hard not to (obviously!!).  I ovulated on 12/9/10 and we had sex on 12/11/10 (I even wrote on my chart that we used the ever-so-reliable "withdrawal" as our BC option...guess Super Sperm wanted in).  It makes me think that we're having a girl based on the very limited Shettles Method knowledge I have.

Anybody else?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#2 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM

my guess - girl. That's just a gut feeling. Who knows though? That's the fun in guessing!

joy.gif my two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011. winner.jpg

#3 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM

It's a boy. ;)

When I was pregnant with DD I had a dream  about DD that was 100% spot on with her looks and everything.  I also had a second dream where I had a DD and a son (the son looked like a mini-DH but more with my coloration) and then I had a third dream where we had three kids and the second was the same son again and the third was a little girl who looked very much like a younger version of DD with slightly different hair.  We'll see if it's true or not!

#4 of 22 Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I think it's a boy. Our first was a girl and I KNEW it was a girl (no ultrasounds, so it was intuition). This time though I just have a similar feeling that says boy.

I wonder if we should add our guesses to the Roll Call thread? I could update people there.. although it's alot of work just adding the basic info!

#5 of 22 Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 AM

Last pregnancy I was sure it was a girl, and it was a boy haha... this time I want a girl but I have no clue... at all.

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#6 of 22 Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I read one study that showed that mom's have a higher than chance rate when guessing gender before birth.. so we shall see!

#7 of 22 Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 PM
L J

Even though I have a hard time believing I can make girls, based on the Shettles method this baby should be a girl. We only DTD 3 days before O, and not again until way after. So, according to Shettles school of thought this will be a girl. I honestly don't care either way, and I'm just going to be thrilled as long as I have a healthy baby. I feel about the same, so far, as I did during both of my boy pregnancies, but I guess its still a little early for me to be guessing based on symptoms.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#8 of 22 Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM

I think this baby is a girl based on my gut instinct, not DTD within 2-3 days of O, and the ever-reliable Chinese gender chart. orngtongue.gif Last time I just knew it would be a boy and I was right and so was the Chinese gender chart, go figure.  

SAHM to DS (11/09) with a little girl coming in October stork-girl.gif familybed1.gif

#9 of 22 Old 01-06-2011, 04:50 PM

I SO want a girl, but I wanted a girl the first time and when I had my little boy I was over the moon in love with him, still love him to bits.  So if it's another boy then I'll love him even more but may just consider that third baby a little more!

Oh and I just read the top of the thread, my guess is boy, because I want a girl it'll be a boy.  The Chinese predictor says boy, the Shettles method would probably be girl, though I don't know my exact ovulation date.  I guess we'll see in a few months, but my guess is boy.

#10 of 22 Old 01-09-2011, 06:10 PM

I don't have any gut feelings about it yet, but according to the chinese gender chart, it's a girl.  We'll see once I start dreaming about this baby, though!  With ds, I dreamed I was having a boy at least 3 times, and never once dreamed of a girl.  Funny too, because I thought I wanted a girl.  I don't care either way this time.  A girl would be neat, but having another little boy would be awesome too!

#11 of 22 Old 01-09-2011, 06:44 PM

It's a Girl!   I think orngtongue.gif

#12 of 22 Old 01-10-2011, 06:47 AM

Last time I used the Shettles method, cuz the only time I had sex near my ovulation date was the day before and I was right, a boy, though chinese prediction said girl.  This time the same no other sexual encounter except the day before and so I'm going to say boy, chinese prediction also says boy this time.  So, we'll see.  I just checked another chinese gender predictor based on when I ovulated and it said girl.  I still think its a boy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#13 of 22 Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 AM

My guess is a girl. My pregnancies are always the same for each sex. If it is a boy, I have severe morning sickness that borders on hyperemesis.With a girl pregnancy, I have no morning sickness, the only symptom I have is extreme tiredness. So I am saying girl., but knowing all of this doesn't make being team green fun anymore lol

ETA: I keep having dreams about my newborn son, so now I am totally confused

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

#14 of 22 Old 01-22-2011, 04:44 AM

If Shettles has anything to do with it - it's a girl for sure. If my family history has anything to do with it - it's a boy for sure. If my gut is correct (as it was last time) - it's a boy!

mom to: M born Aug 2011 & K 2yo

#15 of 22 Old 01-22-2011, 08:37 AM

boy, I am pretty sure. I think it would be better for my daugher to be the only girl as the middle child. I have always wanted only boys (despite loving my daughter to pieces). We bd on my ovulation day, but without question there must have still baby girl sperm hanging out from bd before. :)

I happily take either at theis point though! 

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#16 of 22 Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 AM

I've had correct intuition with my first two. With my dd (#1), we found out because I wanted to prove it to dh, who said she was a boy. With ds we didn't find out but I was so convinced he was a boy (dh said girl this time) I called him "he" the whole time. My mil was like, "but what if you're calling it a him the whole time and it's a girl?" I said, "Oops!" lol
This time I'm feeling it's a girl:) (and dh says? Boy! Lol)

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#17 of 22 Old 01-22-2011, 12:39 PM

I am going to guess girl. This is just because after 5 boys in a row, certainly it must be my turn?

Plus, my beta HCG levels are higher than usual, my urine is light in color, and my ph is on the lower side.

When I first found out I was pregnant though, I really thought boy. But then, I thought maybe I only think boy because I am so experienced in being pregnant with boys. I have little feelings about it now.

#18 of 22 Old 01-22-2011, 12:48 PM

Hmm.  I don't have a strong feeling about it, but I'm going to guess girl.  My oldest is a boy, and I have two girls, so I'd ever-so-slightly prefer a boy.  And that makes me think it'll be a girl. orngtongue.gif

It's funny that I feel that way, though, because I've gotten my "preference" all three times so far. 

Also, every pregnancy, we have been set--MORE than set!--on boy names, and struggle with girl names.  I just find that I always have a list of boy names I love and can almost never find a girl name I really like.  So having a boy would be a relief in that regard, too--we could finally use one of these boy names we love, and not have to come up with another girl name!

#19 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Well if nausea doesn't start and I continue breaking out I am going to say Boy!  This is based on all of my previous pregnancy data.  LOL! 

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
#20 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 05:05 PM

I'm going boy on the basis of we can't figure out a boy name and have a girl name that we both absolutely love.  I've never found out the sex ahead of time and it's always been the sex that we couldn't figure out a good name for.  With my DD we had a boy name easily and didn't decide on a girl name until I was actually in labor.  It's how I kept distracted during the early part of it, lol.

Alexis, mom to DS 11/99 DD1 01/02 and DD2 09/23/11.
#21 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I had a daughter 19 years ago. I've had 4 boys since! It would be so, so fun to have another girl. SoOoooOOOOO fun! But I'm just going to guess boy since I don't want to be feel disappointed if it's not. :)

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#22 of 22 Old 01-23-2011, 09:49 PM

really not sure this time!  with the last one, i knew from day one that she was a girl.  however, with both my kids, i guessed wrong both times.  this time, i have a bit of a hunch it's a girl, but not as strong as last time.  plus, with girls i tend to crave junk food, this time i'm all about salad and orange juice, so maybe it's a boy.  basically, i have no idea, lol.  but if i had to hazard a guess at this point, i'd probably say girl.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page