What are you doing with your first child? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Laying here sick in bed while my 2 year old throws books at me, drives cars on me and jumps on me. I just want to sleep.

DS won't take naps anymore because my milk is practically gone. And he does not play well alone - at all.

We don't watch anything. No TV ,no videos and I'm wondering what you all are doing with your first these days.

Im only 5 weeks preg, but man - the nausea and dizziness started early.

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, my first is happily enjoying preschool right now!  My second is enjoying slumber before I wake him to pick up the daughter.

You know, we severely limit TV in this house, but I felt NOT ONE OUNCE OF REMORSE turning that sucker on my last couple of weeks of pregnancy when I just needed my daughter to get out of my hair so I could sleep.  It was win/win!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Would love to have him watch videos... but there's a huge difference in his behavior after he watches. He becomes obsessed and becomes difficult to control. It will make things harder for me in the long run, unfortunately.

Wish my child was preschool age. DH just came home early on his lunch break to help out. So glad I can get 20 minutes of a snooze...

Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know what you mean, Mama.  I'm not at that point of needing distraction, yet, but it will come.  I'm sure of it.

What else did I do when I was pregnant with my son?  I think we did a ton of playdates - other women are usually so helpful when they hear you're expecting.  I had friends that just brought over their kids to keep mine occupied so I could sit on the sofa.  It was heavenly.  Do you have friends you can call?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Old 01-05-2011, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

I do have friends and family that I can call on, but we are trying to wait until I am 12 weeks before we pop the news.

I might be able to contact my SIL and just tell her to keep it a secret. Although, word like that goes around in my family no matter what.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Our day still looks exactly as it did before pregnancy.  I homeschool my oldest, preschool my middle, and the 2 year old plays all day.  When it's naptime, my oldest reads or does some more school work, the 4 year old and 2 year old lay down with me until they get to sleep.  Mostly get the 2 year old asleep, really.  The 4 year old will go to sleep by himself if I leave the room.  On rare occasions I take a quick 15 minute power nap, then I get up and help the oldest with her school work or read a chapter book with her or do chores.  However, I'm one of those hated ladies that doesn't get m/s. 

I have had pregnancies where I was just exhausted, but I think my diet is playing a huge part in how well I feel this time.  I'm completely sugar and white starch, junk food free.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

User Tag List