spotting :-( - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 252 Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

glad to hear it! keep resting when you can :)

#242 of 252 Old 03-30-2011, 03:34 PM

Great news!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#243 of 252 Old 03-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Glad to hear it!!!

#244 of 252 Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 AM

Thank you so much!!

How have you been doing, rareimer? Hopefully you've had an uneventful week. I have still had some spotting but I am much more mellow about it after my appt. Also spring is finally here (70's today!!!) and that does wonders for my mental state and energy. I always feel energized and inspired when spring finally comes. I have been feeling some bumping against my pelvic floor this week, which could only be my little star baby!

I have been actively visualizing my placenta moving upward, clear of my cervix...if it doesn't do so by my 20 wk u/s then I will have to transfer from my homebirth midwife to OB care, for legal reasons. If it then moves between 20 and 36 weeks I can transfer back. Hoping I don't have to set foot in an OB's office!!!

#245 of 252 Old 03-31-2011, 12:53 PM

thanks for asking about me Gracecody :)  i am doing okay--no bleeding in a week and a half, and barely any brown spotting either!  i'm really hoping it's coming to an end (I'd kinda like to have sex again someday--TMI, but it's been a long time, and i know BF agrees!  lol)  i've been feeling really paranoid the past few days though, because i had been pretty sure i was feeling some light movement,  usually once a day, and haven't noticed anything in about 4 days now.  i'm trying to hang in there until my appointment on wednesday morning, but it's freaking me out.  i am 16 weeks tomorrow, so i know it's still early to feel regular movement, but i swear i will not be able to relax until this baby is born--i will always find a reason to be paranoid, lol.  i even considered buying one of those home dopplers online, but by the time it gets here, i should be feeling movement and wouldn't really need it. 

had a rough day at work yesterday, where i was lifting a third grader in and out of a wheelchair.  i had asked for light duty when i started bleeding, but apparently they forgot.  luckily there was another TA in my classroom who was able to help me a couple of times, but it still was way more than i should have been doing.  i fully expected to be bleeding again last night, but still nothing!!!  i took the day off today too, so i could take it easy, and because i was sooooo tired--i haven't worked through any of my other pregnancies, i don't know how i'm going to survive until the end of June.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#246 of 252 Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 AM

That is awesome that you've been in the clear for a week and a half, and that you've been able to be more active. I am hoping to get there too. I haven't had any bleeding since in the night on Monday night so that's pretty good, hoping to stay this way! I have also been gradually getting more active as the weather has been SO nice (70's today!) and I cannot stay in bed, no way!

I also hear you on the pelvic rest, it is sure getting old but I still feel a long way off from being able to handle any sex. Hrmmmm. Might be a great time to try to talk DH into that vasectomy we were already discussing when I became quite unexpectedly pregnant! Ha ha.

Good luck hanging in there at work - I have worked through my pregnancies but my job isn't as demanding as yours, in terms of activity and standing, etc. And lifting, wow! I am a librarian and mostly just sit at my computer/desk...

#247 of 252 Old 04-01-2011, 04:15 PM

well, the brown spotting has started again, but it's not super heavy, and as long as it's brown i'm not going to worry.  still, wednesday can't come soon enough--it's always such a relief to hear the heartbeat.  still not feeling movement, either.  i was sure that was what i was feeling, but maybe it wasn't? 

wondering if we can attempt sex even with the brown spotting...i'm a bit wary of trying, but i'm pretty tired of waiting, and at this point who knows if the spotting will EVER stop?? 

glad you are doing well, and that spotting stays away! 

#248 of 252 Old 04-01-2011, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, Robyn, I am so sorry. I'm sure Wednesday feels like a long way away. hug.gif

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#249 of 252 Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 AM

Thinking of you - I know the weekends can seem so long when you have a much-awaited appt on the other side! ((hugs))

PS - just saw your belly pic and you look gorgeous! Wow. Love your dress. How is your weekend going?

I over-exerted myself yesterday. I went to the nat foods store to pick up some food and supplements that I couldn't trust DH to get, even if he has a list he gets the wrong things...and then went to church which I wouldn't miss for anything. Then came home and cooked a simple dinner, but still a dinner for the kids and I. Had spotting last night right before bed but it was literally like 3 spots. So my body was sending me a message. ;) I was starting to get my hopes up that that bleeding was over after five days in the clear, but apparently not. I don't feel worried about the baby at least.

#250 of 252 Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

goodvibes.gifto Robyn & Gracecody!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#251 of 252 Old 04-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Thanks Gracecody :)  Luckily things are looking good with me and babe...heartbeat was good, and i've been feeling him/her moving around quite a bit the past few days.  i have had no bleeding, and no brown spotting at all for over a week,  i can hardly believe it!  and i move back to monthly prenatal appointments instead of every 2 weeks, so that is a good sign, i would say (though i hate to wait that long to check on things!  glad i have my u/s in 9 days though!)  And my doctor gave me the go-ahead to try sex again, i was so glad!  but BF is too scared to, he's worried about the baby.  we did the night before i started bleeding the first time--i don't think it had anything to do with it, if the bleeding was caused by the placenta partially detaching, i'm pretty sure it's not related.  but he doesn't want to take any chances, poor guy blames himself for the bleeding starting in the first place. :(   it's been over 6 weeks now and i'm feeling like a teenage boy with a one-track mind, lol.  i'm hoping he's not planning on waiting until the baby is born!  i might lose my mind!  darn pregnancy hormones!  lmao

#252 of 252 Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM

Oh gosh, I hear you! I have been having the most VIVID dreams, like these erotic movies each night LOL! Anyway I have had no bleeding in 2 weeks so I took myself off pelvic rest over the weekend and so far, so good! I hope it goes well for you too. :)

I am feeling so much better too, much more positive and energetic. I have an appt tomorrow but I feel like things are going well as I can feel movement too. Little tiny movements but unmistakably baby movements. But it's always nice to hear the heartbeat anyway. I have to call to schedule my u/s but think it will be the second week of May. That seems like eons from now! I think I am feeling like you, really looking forward to taking a good, close look at the baby and my body to make sure that everything looks healthy. The guy who is doing my u/s is very experienced working with homebirth midwives as well and will be looking at things with an eye to whether or not homebirth is the best option for me. That is reassuring too, I feel like things will be fine for a homebirth but after having such a rocky beginning it's nice to have that reassurance, KWIM?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page