Cramping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Anyone else experience period like cramping? It started the day after I was expecting my period and it's been pretty regular since then. No spotting or any other questionable symptoms ... just the usual pregnancy stuff: queasiness, bloated, peeing a lot....  I don't remember having this with my first, but then again I forgot about the diarrhea that would wake me up in the middle of the night during my first trimester. My husband, however, did not forget about that. irked.gif

Two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011, and #3 due April 2015! I'm also a CLC and postpartum doula.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)

My sister had it again for her second and had totally forgot she had it for weeks with her first.. I had to remind her. I had the same last pregnancy and again this time.. for about the first month. When it started I hadn't tested yet so I thought my period was coming.. but it lasted days and days.. so finally I tested!! Happy day!

#3 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been cramping since 7 dpo and I'm now at 14 - it feels like AF is coming but she is never late and I got a BFP when I tested.  I don't remember feeling this way with my other 2, but I don't really remember the early days of pregnancy (probably because I didn't realize I was pregnant.)  I was checking constantly today to make sure AF did not show, because of the cramping.  But I talked to a friend who is 6 months pregnant and she said she had the same thing as did another friend who just had a baby.  I also looked it up on-line and the consensus is that it is "normal" and due to the uterus growing.

I am also making constant trips to the bathroom - I think the cramping is causing that too.

#4 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 PM

I've had cramping since about 6 dpo.  I will be five weeks tomorrow and it has started to subside a bit in the last week.  I do still have a rather persistent lower backache and round ligament pain if I twist the wrong way.  I think it's totally normal to have a lot of period-type symptoms early on.

#5 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I freaked out because I get cramps when I nurse, but my midwife told me it was perfectly normal to get them during nursing or otherwise.

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11
#6 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 PM

I've been cramping for over a week.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#7 of 15 Old 01-07-2011, 05:16 PM

I am having cramping too, that combined with increased vaginal secretions definitely freaks me out sometimes that I am getting my period. However I have had no spotting, which I hope stays that way. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I have had an aversion to having a bowel movement because I have worried thoughts that I will somehow start my period. I know, it is ridiculous.

Radical student midwife and doula. Expecting our first lovebug 9/2011
#8 of 15 Old 01-08-2011, 01:12 PM

I keep running to the bathroom to check.  You made me laugh -- I keep worrying I'll start my period somehow, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelungeonMW View Post

I am having cramping too, that combined with increased vaginal secretions definitely freaks me out sometimes that I am getting my period. However I have had no spotting, which I hope stays that way. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I have had an aversion to having a bowel movement because I have worried thoughts that I will somehow start my period. I know, it is ridiculous.

#9 of 15 Old 01-08-2011, 05:31 PM

Yep, I have it too. I know I had it a lot with DD also (and even some spotting too) so I was expecting it this time.  But, yep, just like others said it feels like my periods coming but, thankfully, it never shows up. 

#10 of 15 Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 PM

I would not call my cramps-- but I do get some pain and unusual sensations down in my lower abdomen throughout the day, on and off. My midwife said unless they get stronger, or I start bleeding, I should not worry. I think a lot of mine comes from gas, and other bowel issues that I am having due to my increase in hormones. Try to keep calm, get lots of rest and take care of yourself by eating right and drinking a lot of water; it sounds hard, but it will help!

--Kelly

#11 of 15 Old 01-12-2011, 04:53 PM

Oh yeah. This is my only early pg symptom so far...feels like af is right around the corner. Strange. I'm only 14 dpo smile.gif

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern... it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that . . . one stitch at a time, taken patiently." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

#12 of 15 Old 01-12-2011, 05:24 PM

Yes, the dreaded cramping.  Freaks me out, but its mostly intestinal for me.  It was really bad with my last pregnancy due to having to take antibiotics for a uti.  Not fun.  The last couple days I've been feeling much better.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#13 of 15 Old 01-12-2011, 07:14 PM

Ive been cramping for weeks, sometimes pretty intense. No bleeding or spotting, just odd wiggly cramping.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#14 of 15 Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 AM

Same here!  Some days I wear panty liners thinking my period is coming because the cramping is so intense.  This is my 6th pregnancy and I had no cramping the time I miscarried so I think cramping is a good sign :)

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#15 of 15 Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 PM

Not much so far, but I had a lot of cramping with my first and third pregnancies.  With my first, I was sure something awful was happening--I must have told my husband 20 times that I was sure I was miscarrying.  With my third, the cramping started the night before my period was due and went on for several weeks.  Both were uneventful pregnancies.thumb.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page