#1 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1st HCG 288

2nd hcg 467

3rd hcg 494

(each 48h apart)

So they are still rising, but very, very slowly.  The nurse said not to worry yet as they want to recheck on Monday.  Don't worry...easier said than done!  In a way I wish they weren't doing all this monitoring.  With ds we didn't do this and I have no idea at what rate my levels rose.  Any positive stories from slow risers you want to share?

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 11:58 AM

I am of the belief that the doubling can occur at different rates in different people. I have seen multiple women during my midwifery apprenticeships that doubled their HCG levels more like every 72 hours, if that and they went on to have healthy babies.  While I think that quantitative HCG tests can be reassuring they can also be unnecessarily worrying. As with any test that your provider offers they are all optional, even if they don't make that expressly clear,  so don't feel pressured if you don't think the particular test will serve you overall.

Radical student midwife and doula. Expecting our first lovebug 9/2011
#3 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.  I am with a RE and so far I will stick with what he suggests.  It is worrying though....I mean I am still having waves of fatigue occassional mild nausea (had barely any nausea with ds past week 6), my nipples are still sore, increased urge to urinate, vivid dreams....lol pretty much as with ds.  I have emailed the nurse to find out courses of action....I never see the dr just the tech who draws the blood and get a call from a nurse re blood levels.  I was told to come back Monday....ok then what?  lol.  wait, wait, wait....

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 02:41 PM
L J

I am so sorry you are having to go through all this stress and waiting, mama. I wish I had some encouraging words, but I know virtually nothing about HCG levels. This is the first pregnancy where mine have even been tested. I will be thinking about you, and I hope that you are just a slow riser and the baby is growing just fine.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#5 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM

Lonegirl- Fingers crossed for your HCG levels.  Its hard not to worry... But hopefully you can find something to occupy yourself with over the weekend while you wait to test again!  And they are still rising!!  

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#6 of 6 Old 01-08-2011, 04:51 PM

I was with an RE for my surrogate pregnancies. I had incredibly low and slow rising hcg last time. They were not hopeful. Not only was I pregnant....I ended up having twins I carried to term.  The waiting is agonzing! Hugs mama!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page