I think this is where I'll land? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't gotten a BFP yet, though my period is late and shows no signs of showing up any time soon. Tested on Saturday and got a BFN, but I'm not convinced. So I'll test again in a day or two. I just feel pregnant, yanno? Tired, achy body, crampy legs & achy lower back, crampy/stretchy feelings in my abdomen, COLD all the time!, weird smells - smelled rotten oranges the other day, today it was something else unidentifiable but icky. But this would be my first, so what do I know from pregnant. headscratch.gif Y'all don't mind if I hang out here for the time being, do you? wave.gif

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome! This is a great place to compare pg symptoms. Some of us have more nausea than we would like to.

Have you tried a First Response Early Result test? You can test 6 days before missed period.

Fingers crossed for you.

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11
Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 PM

I second the FRER.  I just got a really bold bfp at 9 dpo last thursday! I was surprised by how quickly and definitely it showed up as positive. AF would otherwise have shown up today, so I guess that would've made it 4 days before missed period for me.  good luck!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion... I just ran out and got a 3-pk! lol.gif I'll test again by the end of this week, I'm sure!

We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Old 01-11-2011, 04:30 AM

I hope to see you here.  fingersx.gif there is a line.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Soooooo.... I couldn't wait one second longer lol.gif, and I tested this morning, using one of the First Response Early Results. Another BFN. And still no sign of AF. I don't know what to make of it.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

:(  How many dpo are you?  I've gotten reliable results by 10 dpo with FRER.  I've even got a positive at 9dpo with a store brand early result test, but I've also gotten a negative with FRER at 9dpo, then a positive on 10 dpo.  Once I also got a negative with FRER at 9 dpo, but then a positive at 12 dpo.

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 01-11-2011, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

That's part of my confusion Mandy - I have wonky cycles, and I've just started to learn how to figure out when I ovulate, so I'm not sure how many dpo I am. I can however tell you that the first day of my last period was Nov 26, and I haven't even spotted since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

:(  How many dpo are you?  I've gotten reliable results by 10 dpo with FRER.  I've even got a positive at 9dpo with a store brand early result test, but I've also gotten a negative with FRER at 9dpo, then a positive on 10 dpo.  Once I also got a negative with FRER at 9 dpo, but then a positive at 12 dpo.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:49 PM

I noticed that you were just married. Congratulations! Do you think that perhaps your ovulation was delayed by wedding stress, causing a longer than usual cycle? Of course, I hope that it is a pregnancy for you!

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM

Charlotte makes a really good point.  Your cycle is probably off due to the wedding.  Even good and wonderful stress will still affect our cycles. 

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

That's an excellent point, perhaps it is wedding stress. Keeping that in the back of my mind will help me keep from testing every single day orngbiggrin.gif Hey, I'm not out until AF shows up, right?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

That's part of my confusion Mandy - I have wonky cycles, and I've just started to learn how to figure out when I ovulate, so I'm not sure how many dpo I am. I can however tell you that the first day of my last period was Nov 26, and I haven't even spotted since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

My LMP was sometime in November (after Nov. 20th....but can't remember when it started)....i thought AF was delayed because we had a very stressful Christmas this year (we made all of our gifts for our huge families - we were up until wee hours of the morning daily for weeks)...anyway...I kept chalking up AF's delay to stress and then Jan 4th, I figured I would take a test just to see...and low and behold...here I am!  so could be stress or could be something more!  sending good vibes your way!!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 01-12-2011, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouragement, She2dancer! Still no AF today... gonna try to hold out for Saturday to test again. And look for my (new) doctor's name and number, in case I still have no AF and no BFP on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by She2dancer View Post

My LMP was sometime in November (after Nov. 20th....but can't remember when it started)....i thought AF was delayed because we had a very stressful Christmas this year (we made all of our gifts for our huge families - we were up until wee hours of the morning daily for weeks)...anyway...I kept chalking up AF's delay to stress and then Jan 4th, I figured I would take a test just to see...and low and behold...here I am!  so could be stress or could be something more!  sending good vibes your way!!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Well....any news yet?  Inquiring minds want to know.  orngbiggrin.gif

Old 01-19-2011, 03:30 PM

I NEVER get a pos until 16 dpo, and then it is the slightest line with the super sensitive tests. Have been that way with all three pregnancies. Drives me nuts. Hoping for the best for you!

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Still no AF... gonna POAS again tomorrow morning and I have an appointment with my doc on Friday for bloodwork too. *crossed fingers* It's KILLING me to wait this long to find out, but I'm really hoping that having it take this long to find out will just mean that I have an extra sticky bean hiding in there by the time I hear a great big YES

Old 01-20-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:

Still no AF... gonna POAS again tomorrow morning and I have an appointment with my doc on Friday for bloodwork too. *crossed fingers* It's KILLING me to wait this long to find out, but I'm really hoping that having it take this long to find out will just mean that I have an extra sticky bean hiding in there by the time I hear a great big YES

Crossing my fingers and toes too.  I just noticed your pic.  My hubby got married in his kilt too.  I stillheart.gif my man in his kilt.  We got married this last year too, in April.  Congrats!

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

hopmad.gif The snow this am canceled my appointment.hopmad.gif  Now I have to wait until THURSDAY!!!!! hopmad.gif I've peed on 4 sticks, 3 of them FRER, all negative, still no signs of AF.  I can so see how someone could become a POAS addict.  I'm about ready to go out and buy a bunch of different brands to see if any of them yield different results. I can't find any place that will do a blood test for pregnancy (looked at a couple of walk in clinics and Planned Parenthood, all of them say they only do urine tests) so I HAVE to wait until the doc can see me on Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Crossing my fingers and toes too.  I just noticed your pic.  My hubby got married in his kilt too.  I stillheart.gif my man in his kilt.  We got married this last year too, in April.  Congrats!

Thanks Cathy, and congrats to you as well! :-) I stillheart.gif my man in his kilt too! He and his brother both wore kilts (as did some other guys in my family, bless 'em) and rumor has it that the wonderful woman his brother is now dating became especially interested in him once word was out that he would be wearing a kilt in our wedding!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:

hopmad.gif The snow this am canceled my appointment.hopmad.gif  Now I have to wait until THURSDAY!!!!! hopmad.gif I've peed on 4 sticks, 3 of them FRER, all negative, still no signs of AF.  I can so see how someone could become a POAS addict.  I'm about ready to go out and buy a bunch of different brands to see if any of them yield different results. I can't find any place that will do a blood test for pregnancy (looked at a couple of walk in clinics and Planned Parenthood, all of them say they only do urine tests) so I HAVE to wait until the doc can see me on Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Thanks Cathy, and congrats to you as well! :-) I stillheart.gif my man in his kilt too! He and his brother both wore kilts (as did some other guys in my family, bless 'em) and rumor has it that the wonderful woman his brother is now dating became especially interested in him once word was out that he would be wearing a kilt in our wedding!

oh Mama - that sucks that you have to wait!  If I were you (because I would need to do something while I was waiting) I would definitely go out and buy different tests...all of my babes have been confirmed by dollar tree tests :)- 

also...noticed your in framingham...not too far from us - we are out near Mendon :)

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hi she2dancer - how cool that we're "neighbors"!! I'm not sure where Mendon is though... I did find a Dollar Tree (I'm new to the area, so had to do some online research!) and I'll go pick up a couple of those this week and try them.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

So either I wasn't ever pregnant in the first place and AF arrived today, or I was and now I'm miscarrying. Either way, I'm not in the Sept DDC. Healthy pregnancy and beautiful birth blessings to you all, and hopefully I'll have a sticky bean soon!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:28 AM

How disappointing, Heather hug2.gif. I hope that you get a BFP in your next cycle.

I love using fertilyfriend to track my cycles. Have you ever looked into that? It is a great way to get to know your fertility, especially if you have erratic cycles, like me. Wishing you the very best!

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 AM

Wishing you a sticky bean the next time round!  November is a great month for a baby!

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 PM

I second fertilityfriend.com.  Also the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  My cycles are never the same length two months in a row, but I always know what's going on because of observing my fertility signs.  I've been doing it so long (9 years) I don't even temp anymore, I just can tell by how I feel.

I'm sorry for the disappointment of AF for you though.  hug2.gif

User Tag List