Illnesses during pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Great, so I started this pregnancy with a bad cold, which I suffered through without taking anything, now I think my 2 year old may have the flu.  He was fine this morning, had a slight cough but it seemed like he had just swallowed wrong.  In the past hour he went from fine to moaning and wimpering on the couch, next thing I knew he was sound asleep and snoring, really unusual for him at this time of day.  Whenever he wakes up a bit he looks dopey and pale and says he doesn't feel good.  No vomiting, but he does seem a bit warm, which I'm watching for fever now. 

So my question, has anyone ever had the flu during pregnancy?  Being I'm home by myself with him for most of the day I'm worried I might get it.  If I get it should I immediately book an appointment to see my doctor?  What do I need to worry about and look for?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM

I think that the same things apply for your son as for you:

rest

water

tea with honey

depending on symptoms:

steam

saline nasal mist

saltwater gargle

I think that dehydration is the main concern.

I hope that your DS feels better soon and that you do not catch this, whatever it is.

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

Old 01-12-2011, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, he still has the annoying cough but Tylenol seemed to help with his fever and aches, if that's what the moaning was about.  I think I'm most worried about the fever, I know I can treat it with Tylenol but do you know if there are any other things to worry about during pregnancy with that?

User Tag List