Anyone else showing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone? 

I figured I'd pop a bit early since this is number 4 and I've gained about 70lbs with each pregnancy but I feel kind of silly at this point..  I'm about 6 and a half weeks or so and I already have a pretty nice bump- like 3-4 months in size.  We wanted to wait to tell people, as well as hold off on pulling out the maternity wear but couldn't since I look so obviously knocked up.  Can any of you make me feel better?  Please tell me that some of you are huge too!  loveeyes.gif

mischievous.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 AM

This is #3 for me and my jeans are very uncomfortable. Like, I am contemplating going to take them off right now. lol.gif

I can't say I have a discernible bump. I have a diastasis from my first two pgs and I kinda always look a little bit pg. eyesroll.gif But now my belly is way bigger!!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is #3 for me too, and while not noticeably pregnant...I am feeling bigger at this point than I have in either of my other pregnancies :( bleh... I've already stored away some of my pants

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
L J

Oh, I'm huge! This is #3 for me, too, and I will have been pregnant for nearly 2 years straight by the time this little one is born. I never completely got out of my maternity jeans from my last term pregnancy, and not even my regular "fat" jeans will fit at this point. I had to pack up all of my non-maternity shirts a few days ago because they were all too short and I had belly showing. My uterus is defeated, I think. It has just fallen right out and said "to heck with you". LOL. I look at least 4 months pregnant - with twins! Ha!

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not alone!

my non-pregnant weight is around 110, so once I have a bump it is very there..

mischievous.gif
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM

I've been whining about this for about a week.lol.gif  Here is my 4wk 5dy shot

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM

I'm not discernably (sp?) pregnant but my belly button is kinda shallow. This is my fourth and I lose my belly button earlier each time. I feel fat and bloated but I don't think I look it though.

Austin June 2006; Xander March 2008; Shay Nov 2009; 5 babies gone to heaven.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:45 PM

I definitely look pregnant right now, I'm 5 weeks. I am just hoping that it is early pregnancy bloating, and not twins like my husband jokingly suggests.

Stephanie, Mama to five beautiful kids, wife to J

Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM76 View Post

I definitely look pregnant right now, I'm 5 weeks. I am just hoping that it is early pregnancy bloating, and not twins like my husband jokingly suggests.

My husband thinks that's a funny joke too!  Me, not so much.

Loving mom to DS (05/08/10) expecting baby #2 in September 2011!

Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM76 View Post

Yeah, mines been joking about the same thing.  One baby at a time please.  My midwife thought I could possibly have twins with my ds's pregnancy, but I think that was just a little bit of higher blood sugar starting to kick in and he was putting on weight faster than usual.  I measured bigger my whole pregnancy, hoping to measure where I need to this time and have a small baby I can just push out in 5 minutes.  lol.gif  Hey, I can dream can't I?

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

Old 01-14-2011, 02:34 PM

This is my first pregnancy but fairly slim with a very long lean torso, and I swear its not just bloating, but I have like a "hump" at my waistline. Im not sure if its normal or not. Im about 7 weeks and think I have actually lost a pound or two of muscle loss from a decrease in my weight lifting, etc. My husband jokes about the twins too. Considering Im completely overwhelmed with carrying 1 child seems to me at this point, I unleash a fury of pregnant emotional fury at him for hoping for twins.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Twins run in my family (great grandmother had two sets, my grandma being in the first and she went on the have one set) so twin jokes don't go over too well with me since it seems so much more possible duck.gif

My last was a UC and with how much weight I put on I was constantly feeling around and checking to make sure there wasn't another hb- I even went to the midwifery college and had a bunch of students examine me to be sure lol.gif

mischievous.gif
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 PM

Oh yes, I'm totally huge already, at only 5 weeks!  I swear, I started showing the day after I got the positive test.  I always show early, and am big for how far along I am, and this is my fourth pregnancy--it seems I show earlier every time.  I do have a tilted uterus, which I was told could have something to do with it, in combination with a small frame.  We haven't told anyone yet either, but I'm sure it won't be long before people start to wonder and I have to start pulling out the maternity clothes.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 01-15-2011, 06:27 AM

My pants are getting tighter already too! My husband is a fitness professional, so he is kinda hard on me about that stuff, pointing out that maybe I should start working out again (I stopped when we started trying in Dec). Ugh, I hate it when he gets like that. Can't they just happily let us get fat? I don't want eggs for breakfast, I want pie!! Luckily, for all of my bloating, I am not showing yet. This will be our third child too, so I am sure people won't be as excited to hear the news, we are trying to keep it under wraps for a couple months (or as long as I am not showing). We'll see how long that lasts!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:29 AM

My pants are getting tighter already too! My husband is a fitness professional, so he is kinda hard on me about that stuff, pointing out that maybe I should start working out again (I stopped when we started trying in Dec). Ugh, I hate it when he gets like that. Can't they just happily let us get fat? I don't want eggs for breakfast, I want pie!! Luckily, for all of my bloating, I am not showing yet. This will be our third child too, so I am sure people won't be as excited to hear the news, we are trying to keep it under wraps for a couple months (or as long as I am not showing). We'll see how long that lasts!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Ugh yes!  This is my 4th and right now I just look like I'm putting on quite a bit of weight in the tummy area.  I also don't think we're going to be able to wait to tell people either. 

Christine belly.gifmarried to Cody.superhero.gifMom to Orion (8) guitar.gif, Lourdes (6) love.gif and Britton (3)biggrinbounce.gif.  Expecting someone new September 2011. stork-suprise.gif
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 PM

Asprague- Im so sorry he is hard on you about it! I have the opposite problem. My husband wants me to gain 10 pounds... like yesterday. He is completely obsessed about having a baby and worried my skinny body isnt holding enough nutrients. He made me a quesadilla the other night at like 10 pm and I noticed it had like twice the cheese as his did. Then when I finished mine he gave me the rest of his :) Ugh... Im going to come out of this weighing twice as much..

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-16-2011, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I stepped on the scale this morning and certainly haven't gained any weight, but I have noticed some changes. I feel super bloated and my jeans don't feel comfortable anymore, so I've been wearing my "fat" clothes. My husband is a pastor and I'm hoping we can get away with not really telling anyone locally until next month. Friends and family will know sooner, but I'm hoping my fat clothes will take me through February. I had to start wearing maternity pants toward the end of my first trimester with my first. With DS I had to start telling people very early because I had severe morning sickness and had to explain to people why I was going to the bathroom every five minutes and no I wasn't contagious.

Two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011, and #3 due April 2015! I'm also a CLC and postpartum doula.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:36 PM

I have gained 4 pounds in two weeks AND I have either gone to the gym or the pool 10 out of the last 14 days.  I don't remember gaining weight this fast last time... 

Loving mom to DS (05/08/10) expecting baby #2 in September 2011!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:05 PM

I've been about the same weight, but need to go to MIL's and verify if that is still that way.  I feel like I've gained and I expected to once I went back on insulin, but so far I haven't. 

I'm showing even more now and hope I don't have to break out the maternity pants too soon.  I pulled them out at 7 weeks last time.  My butt and thighs are growing and I know I won't be able to get them on soon.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareimer View Post

Oh yes, I'm totally huge already, at only 5 weeks!  I swear, I started showing the day after I got the positive test.  I always show early, and am big for how far along I am, and this is my fourth pregnancy--it seems I show earlier every time.  I do have a tilted uterus, which I was told could have something to do with it, in combination with a small frame.  We haven't told anyone yet either, but I'm sure it won't be long before people start to wonder and I have to start pulling out the maternity clothes.

I have a tilted uterus too, and always show super early.  Do you tend to have back labor?  I've blamed that on it, as well..

mischievous.gif
Old 01-17-2011, 05:45 PM

deleted... how do i delete?

Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM

I guess I am bigger than normal. NP really wanted to do ultrasound, despite wanting minimal ultrasounds, because she thought I was bigger than usual, as far as uterus size. But no.. still 7 weeks. She warned me I dont need to eat for two and I dont need to gain weight first trimester. I gained 3 pounds according to my home scale, from my normal  first thing in the morning unclothed weight, but it looks like higher than usual to them because obviously, they took my weight fully clothed and after lunch, instead of naked and first thing in the morning....

Old 01-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprague View Post

:lol  I am a fitness professional too (Pilates instructor, professional dancer) so I totally get him....hehehehe....unfortunately as the instructor it becomes really difficult to hide a pregnancy when I am constantly pointing to my abdominals as a point of reference in class.  I've started wearing baggier sweatshirts to work...but I am totally not going to be able to wait as long this time as I did last time (I was 16 weeks I think when I told work last time)....If I make it to 10 I'll be lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by activealli View Post

Asprague- Im so sorry he is hard on you about it! I have the opposite problem. My husband wants me to gain 10 pounds... like yesterday. He is completely obsessed about having a baby and worried my skinny body isnt holding enough nutrients. He made me a quesadilla the other night at like 10 pm and I noticed it had like twice the cheese as his did. Then when I finished mine he gave me the rest of his :) Ugh... Im going to come out of this weighing twice as much..

Okay...I just totally went  and made myself a quesadilla!  That sounded so good! mmmm!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 01-17-2011, 09:09 PM

Yeah totally bummed that I don't get to eat extra. Husband now no longer going to make me a quesadilla or pick me any more food. The odd thing is that most people and doctors actually consider me underweight. I was shocked that she told me I got too big with an extra three pounds.....or get a new doctor. I've never seen her before. Not sure I'm happy with her. Not just just because she insinuated I'm fat.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 PM

My midwives gave me the option of being weighed at my appointments, which I declined-- even though I started out a bit overweight, I do not need that to be in my face when going through this wonderful journey. I do plan to eat better than usual, getting in more fruits and veggies, plus loads of water. We also want to start doing yoga more regularly and taking more long walks, in order to keep my body active and ready for labor!

I think that although not gaining too much weight is important, it would be worse to not gain enough-- there is a good balance point. I plan to limit my gain to about 15 or so pounds, but I am not going to let it stress me out.

--Kelly

Old 01-18-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by activealli View Post

Yeah totally bummed that I don't get to eat extra. Husband now no longer going to make me a quesadilla or pick me any more food. The odd thing is that most people and doctors actually consider me underweight. I was shocked that she told me I got too big with an extra three pounds.....or get a new doctor. I've never seen her before. Not sure I'm happy with her. Not just just because she insinuated I'm fat.

Ugh! My doctor with my first was like that too! ONe time I gained a couple more pounds than usual, she made a big deal about it! I have had midwives ever since and they have never been concerned about slight weight gain, as long as it is not accompanied by other symptoms like high BP or something, I think there is a little extra risk of gestational diabetes when one is heavier, but not the only indicator. I would tell the doc to can it, or get a new one, from my terrible experience that is. You can ALWAYS change your doc, even at the last minute.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:22 AM

I feel massive.  But I think it's just bloating and constipation sighhhhh.  My 1st pregnancy I didn't start to show until 14 weeks....  I had no stomach, just flat. (And I wasn't constipated) Now.... I'm 7 weeks and I feel fat... it's not baby, it's just bloating.  hahah... I hope it goes down a little.  And I've been working out this pregnancy too.  I looked 20 weeks pregnant yesterday.  I haven't even stepped on a scale in 3 months :/.. scary.

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 AM

My only comfy pants (ones that I was expecting to wear until I needed maternity ones) have a hole in the bum! My husband pointed it out yesterday, how disappointing! Now I have to make due with jeans that are big but hit me in the wrong part of my tummy. I feel like my husband doesn't want to hear that I am already too big for some of my pants. Can't get no support on the home front! Need comfy pants!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 AM

It will be interesting to see if I can fit in my jeans today.  My belly and my boobs had a recent growth spurt.orngtongue.gif

User Tag List