5th HCG - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Numbers are only up to 853. (from 607) again up....but the nurse is making it sound like it is looking bad. I have to go in once again tomorrow and stay to talk with the RE. He may or may not do an U/S at that point. Bleh. All is feeling the same as with Tyr...but she said the numbers are rising so poorly that unfortunately the fact that I am feeling the same could mean nothing. Wish me luck for tomorrow. 
That was yesterday at 6wks (going by ovulation date)

My first reading last Tuesday was 288 then 467 then 494 then 607 and now at 853.

I think what is making it all worse is the fact that I can't just be happy and celebrate this pregnancy....I spend everyday waiting for results and worrying everytime I pee.  I have had absolutely no cramping or spotting.  I am having all the usual fatigue and afternoon queasiness, but generally feeling great (just like with my son).

I really hope I will have an u/s tomorrow and maybe that will give a bit more of an answer.  I know that this early and at these levels they may not see much but I am done with having blood every other day.  I am more than happy to go in every 5 days for an u/s. lol sorry just had to whine a bit.

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#2 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 03:06 PM

hug2.gif

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#3 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 04:27 PM

Bighug.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#4 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 05:14 PM

hug2.gif I hope they do an US for you so you can find out what is going on.   grouphug.gif

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#5 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Hi LoneGirl,

We're here to support you so I'm glad you felt able to come share.

Check out the site Misdiagnosed Miscarriages for some good stories of people with low rising hCG. The link I included is to their stories page and if you scroll down there's a section on low rising numbers that will help give you hope.

I think staying hopeful and positive is the best thing you can do at this point... think happy thoughts for the baby!

*hugs*

Sheryl

#6 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 AM

I really hope you get that ultrasound to see what's going on!  Why do they wait so long?  Insurance??

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#7 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

They are waiting as the RE feels he wont see anything at this point that will point him in the right direction.  I just got back from the RE office.  So, no u/s today. I had yet another hcg drawn. I spoke with the Doctor this time. Pretty much what the nurse said is what he said. There are slow risers and there are sloooow risers....I am a sloooow riser. He felt it too early to u/s today and we will do it in 2-4 days. Because I am having no cramping or bleeding that is good. He is just really concerned now. There is a glimmer of hope that it will turn out ok....but only a glimmer. I guess I am following the typical abnormal rise....but he said there is the occassional case of abnormal rise and normal pregnancy. If u/s shows not ectopic then we will just watch and wait. 

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#8 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Fingers crossed you get a bigger rise today.....

#9 of 11 Old 01-15-2011, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am so sorry you are having a hard time. With my now 16 month old, my betas were not going up like they should have also. The doctor was going to do a D&C. Thank Goodness we postponed it until after the holidays! My numbers started to rise then.

I hope your numbers start to go up better for you.

#10 of 11 Old 01-16-2011, 03:36 PM

What is this number thing? I don't understand it. Should I be tracking this and if so, how?
#11 of 11 Old 01-16-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAsheri View Post

What is this number thing? I don't understand it. Should I be tracking this and if so, how?

It's the HCG levels, pregnancy hormone that goes up every week the baby is developing.  This way the doctor can know if the baby is growing.

Week one: 0-50

Week two: 50-500

Week three: 100-10,000

Week four: 1,000-30,000

Week five: 3,500-115,000

Week six-eight; 12,000-270,000

Week twelve : 15,000-220,000

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page