*~Chat Thread Jan. 17- 23rd~* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2011, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh I am so on the "white diet" right now!  Craving pasta, pizza, etc.  I've literally had a french bread pizza every day for lunch for the past 10 days.  And I gobbled down pasta last night for dinner.  I attempted the salad but bleh!  I know for the first trimester I actually end up losing weight because I can barely eat anyway so whatever sounds good I eat.  I'll focus on good nutrition for the second trimester...wishful thinking...

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 11:04 AM

Ashley - Yeah, I am pretty sure of my dates too since we were ttc and I was charting.  But Its still so tempting :S  Silly... I wish I could decline the blood work though.  I hate going in for that :(

Asprague - is poutine a part of the white diet?  I went out for an awesome lunch with a fellow mama friend of mine without kids - what a treat is that to be able to actually chat!  And we had poutine and a caesar salad..  mmm mmm good!  lol  But, I am good at gaining weight throughout the entire pregnancy so I need to be careful of the white diet ;)

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM

I feel like a folate advertisement or something, but seriously the 'white' diet doesn't do it for me unless I just need quick calories.  My queasiness is most calmed by salads.  Raw veggies with salad dressing.  Cool, crunchy and vinagery.  Dark green leafy veggies are my best friend.  It's healthy, but it makes me laugh.  Who the heck takes salad dressing to calm their stomach?  Me when pregnant, apparently.  Same thing happened last time.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprague View Post

To all of us out there who survive on bagels and ramen type things: I was talking to my midwife about the things I usually crave, bread, pasta, and more pasta, and they both looked at each other and laughed and said, "Oh, the White Diet? Yeah all of our moms go on that for the first 3 months!" I guess it is really common to eat crummy for the first tri. too bad that won't stop the fat from accumulating!

LOL so funnny, good to know I am not the only one...I am soooo craving carbs (and citrus fruits).  I've been eating greens, but not been easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingBaby View Post

Ashley - Yeah, I am pretty sure of my dates too since we were ttc and I was charting.  But Its still so tempting :S  Silly... I wish I could decline the blood work though.  I hate going in for that :(

Asprague - is poutine a part of the white diet?  I went out for an awesome lunch with a fellow mama friend of mine without kids - what a treat is that to be able to actually chat!  And we had poutine and a caesar salad..  mmm mmm good!  lol  But, I am good at gaining weight throughout the entire pregnancy so I need to be careful of the white diet ;)

mmm...now i need french fries!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boys Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (3) and ??? due November
Old 01-21-2011, 01:43 PM

I'm on the carb bandwagon. I am really concerned about weight gain as I didn't start this pregnancy in the best shape, actually I was the heaviest I have ever been when I was non-pregnant. My last two pregnancies I gained about 20 lbs in the first trimester because I could only stand white foods and eating made the nausea go away. So, this time around I am trying so hard to stay away from the white stuff! So far I think I am doing ok, but only because I am surviving on lo-cal white foods! I know it's so gross, but I just keep eating frozen weight watchers meals or bread with reduced fat cheese. I'm vegetarian so basically french bread pizzas and pasta. I don't want to gain more than 20 lbs this pregnancy, and my other two I gained over 50. I guess you could say I am pretty obsessed with it right now. Two days before my bfp I had joined weight watchers and was starting a new exercise routine. Then I got the bfp and it kind of threw me for a loop!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingBaby View Post

Cathy - hope your m/s behaves at work tomorrow ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleypLC View Post

Cathy-Hope you're feeling okay!

I think its a night time thing.  I was a ok today.  That was really rough last night.  I'm hoping tonight will be better since were having cheeseburgers instead of fish.  I was going to add some cottage cheese last night to dinner and I forgot and that might have helped.  Oh well, tonight I will have some with dinner for sure.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:53 PM

the white diet! lol I was definitely on that my first pregnancy... if pizza counts as white, which I think it does!!eat.gif  

I gained over 60 pounds though, so that is definitely not happening this time around. eyesroll.gif I've had constant low lying nausea the past week, but it's worse when I don't eat protein, so I've been pounding down a lot of eggs lately!  

re: uterus pressure-- I have been feeling that, for sure. it some times makes me worry because I had a miscarriage in October, so that's never far from my mind.  But I have to remind myself that I didn't have any "stretching pains"  before I  miscarried, just strong cramps after I started spotting/bleeding and what not.

time will tell... but I'm hoping there's just a lot of good action happening down there, and my body is accommodating it.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 AM

I had to look "poutine" up! Sounds good! Last pregnancy was a winter one so I caked every weekend cakes and cookies, and sometimes a batch of cookies mid-week to tide me over! I gained so much more that one than I did for my first! So my biggest goal is to NOT bake! I mean there is like 2 sticks of butter in every recipe, no wonder I gained so much. I am eating well enough, I choke down the veggies at dinner to be a good role model for the kid. I did make some BREAD yesterday to go with a split pea soup, both were delicious, but no more baking!!

No morning sickness yet, haven't had with previous pregnancies either. But I have been getting headaches all of the time! I just feel like lazing on the couch all day. Probably need to start taking an iron sup. and drinking more water...

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!

User Tag List