New Here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-18-2011, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone! I am 6 weeks pregnant with #3. We have an 11 yo and a 6 yo, both girls. I am totally freaked out about the age difference as my 11 year old is so busy I spend a ton of time shuttling her around to soccer, softball, ice skating; you name it. My youngest is a ball of energy and a rather large handful. 

Thought we were done with babies, but surprise!  Looking forward to getting to know you all.

#2 of 5 Old 01-18-2011, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

CONGRATULATIONS!! 

When I conceived baby#3, my 2 olders were 8 and 14. I felt like I was definitely starting all over again. It was a little bit crazy, but nothing at all to compare the next babies that came much, much closer. LOL You will have a wonderful time with those 2 little helpers! They will be so sweet & helpful for you & the baby. I'm excited for you all!

eta: I don't know why my formatting is all weird & my letters are big. Hmm.

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-19-2011, 01:34 PM

Congrats! What an age difference, wow!

#4 of 5 Old 01-19-2011, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

In my family, I was 7 and my sister was 14 when my little sis was born. My brother was born 2 1/2 years after that. It is an age spread, but it worked. Thinking back, the house was a lot less hectic than mine is now with a 6yo, 5yo, 2yo and baby on the way. The older ones are a big help, and in my situation, my sibs and I were/are pretty close. We were homeschooled, though, so I'm sure that helped with our bonding.

Wife to the greatest guy, and mommy to five handsome and fun boys. Looking forward to meeting our newest little one in July.
#5 of 5 Old 01-19-2011, 03:46 PM

I am in the same boat with spacing, I have an 11 year old and a 9 year old and here I am expecting #3.  I never planned this big of an age difference, but things didn't work out with my older sons' father and it was a looong time between that divorce and finding my dh (we just got married in November).  We are so excited though.  This is his first and we've been plotting a 3rd for over a year now.  I think this is going to be one adored little baby, his/her older brothers will be over the moon to have a sibling, and they can actually help out with the baby, which will be such a nice change from when I was tandem nursing and diapering two last time around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page