**~Beautiful Belly Thread~** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I'd start a belly pic thread.  I know its early, but I'm already showing and you can tell a difference this week from last.  My belly is already pooching out lower.  Post your beautiful bellies mamas. love.gif

4 wks 5 dys with shirt

4wks 5dys w/out shirt

6wks 1day with shirt

6wks 1day w/out shirt

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 10:08 PM

Cathy, what a cute little belly you have!  I haven't taken any pics yet, but hopefully I will get some up this weekend.  My belly looks pretty noticeable by the end of the day, but almost totally normal when I wake up in the morning.  I think my baby belly = bloat at this point!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 AM

I hear you on that one! I am not wanting pictures of my belly yet, it just looks fat! But I should take some so I have an idea of where I started.  I hate this part in pregnancy, when you feel pregnant but just look fat to everyone else. Once you start showing then people open doors for you and help you whenever you need it, princess time! Good idea Cathy, I love looking at belly pictures!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  The first ones I took at 4 weeks were at night, but the ones from this week were in the am, so its round the clock belly.  It's exciting!  I know its more intestinal bloating than anything, but I can't wait to get bigger.  lol.gif 

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

Old 01-22-2011, 03:10 AM

What a cute belly! I'm not brave enough to post any yet but I'm sure I'll get there. :) We bought a scale yesterday and DH said he thought I gained 3 kilos this week because my belly was so much bigger!!! Turns out I actually lost a kilo and I seriously can't figure out from where because my belly is quite a bit bigger (but I wouldn't say 3 kilos worth!).

Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Aw.  :)  I take my pics in the morning too.  At night, it's usually bloat from all the food I've eaten all day and I don't think it's an accurate preggo pic at that point.  LOL

I have been taking pics, but I don't have a bulge yet.  Which is sort of surprising.  You'd think I'd have looked pregnant the moment I got a positive!  biglaugh.gif

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 01-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Here's me at 6 weeks and 3 days.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/mandemack/0123111002a-1-1.jpg

I got nothing.  :)

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 PM
L J

Y'all are so cute! I'm 7w2d today, and I'm going to take a pic at 8w. But seriously, y'all are going to laugh at me because I look like I'm 4 months at least! My legs, arms and face aren't big, just my lower belly!

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post

Y'all are so cute! I'm 7w2d today, and I'm going to take a pic at 8w. But seriously, y'all are going to laugh at me because I look like I'm 4 months at least! My legs, arms and face aren't big, just my lower belly!

Haha!  Can't wait!  I am going to try to get a 7 week pic today and see what the difference is between the three.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

Here's me at 6 weeks and 3 days.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/mandemack/0123111002a-1-1.jpg

I got nothing.  :)

Aw.  It's just some little bit of bloating.  Hopefully we will all soon have little bellies to share.love.gif

Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Here is me at 7 wks.  I'll have to take another set in the am because I feel super bloated tonight.

DSC06457sm.JPG

DSC06458sm.JPG

Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 AM

Wow Cathy! Your little belly is definitely turning into a little bump! I would take a pic of mine, but I could always look 4 months preggo if I let my gut out. If I tighten my abs, there isn't much there :)

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

This was the last day in my regular jeans with the hairband on the button.  The belly wins.lol.gif  It's funny I keep catching myself rubbing my belly now, its quite funny.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:56 PM

Mine at 8 weeks. Not much there except at night when I'm super bloated (or if I let my belly hang - which I rarely if ever do - it's huge, lol)

DSC_0523.JPG

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 AM

Here's a quickie I did so that I could compare in the later weeks.  Me at roughly 4 weeks.

4 weeks

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Yay!!!!  More beautiful bellies!!  I so look forward to the coming months when we really start getting big.  I'm so excited!  I can't wait to hear the heartbeat next month.  bouncy.gif

Old 01-28-2011, 08:49 PM

You guys look great, Im a little sad that due to being a larger gal I probably wont ever look pregnant...just fatter LOL!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:05 PM

I'm a big girl too. I tried taking a pic, but it just looked like a big belly and It was too close b/c I don't have a mirror I can shoot my camera at....*sigh* oh well.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:45 PM
L J

This wasn't meant to be a belly pic, but it worked. Sorry I look so annoyed. Henry just would not look at the camera, and there are NO good pics of us together - he's so stubborn!

IMG00296-20110127-1253.jpg

And yes, I'm sure its just one. And, yes, I'm even sucking it in. Can you even imagine when I'm not?!?! Eeek.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

Old 01-30-2011, 10:59 AM

This is my first pregnancy and the nausea is preventing weight gain, but I have been planning on taking a belly picture. I want to do the every month belly picture with the same shirt/pants combo and watch it grow!

I took a crappy mirror picture in my closet at 7 weeks but its not really share worthy, but here it is! Ill probably put it up on my blog for reference. I have a freakishly long torso and shorter legs, so it will be interesting to see how and when I show.

Photobucket

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Any belly pictures here are fine, don't be shy. 

Laura my goodness if you are sucking in that is crazy.  I'm sure you will even out as time goes on.

Activealli - can't wait to see your belly grow, good idea to wear the same thing.  I should have worn a maternity shirt the first time. lol.gif  I don't think the shirt I wore is going to last.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:12 PM

I thought you all might like to see the slideshow of my last pg.  :)  http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v63/mandemack/?action=view&current=eb290236.pbw

Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 AM

Earthlady - Great slideshow, thanks for sharing!!! 

I don't have a belly yet, so no need to take pics.  I look the same, except for occaionsally looking bloated.  I'm glad to not be showing yet... I need to try to fit into a bridesmaid dress in April, so the longer I can wait to show, the better. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

I thought you all might like to see the slideshow of my last pg.  :)  http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v63/mandemack/?action=view&current=eb290236.pbw

Very nice!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:28 AM

Earthylady, loved the slide show, thanks!  Made me feel better about how quickly my belly is popping out this time v. last time, where it took months and months!!

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 AM

9 weeks 2 days.  I was showing early at 11 weeks with my first.  And this is my second!  Today is the first day I really think I see the beginnings of a baby belly and not bloating :)

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM

Earthlady, was the slide show of your first pregnancy?  It was really beautiful and inspired me to try and do the same, though I am not showing at all compared to your 9 weeks. I took an updated photo from this morning. Ayame, you reassured me a little that its normal to not show much now and hope I show at 11 weeks too!

I think Ive the same little outward trend below the belly button like you do, Ayame. I can feel my work out pants cut into my stomach a little which they used to be loose and comfortable there before, not much, but ill take it!

Photobucket

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

Old 01-31-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
 Earthlady, was the slide show of your first pregnancy? 

No, my last full term pregnancy...which would have been my third.  In my first pg I took pics every month, and only randomly for my second but I like doing the weekly pics better. 

The best advice I can give for anyone wanting to do a weekly slideshow, is to find a spot that you'll take the pic at every week, having the camera sitting in the same spot, at the same distance away every time, and to take the pic the same time of day with you in the exact same spot.  That keeps the size of you in the pic and the range of everything else in the pic the same size and you'll be able to focus on the belly growing rather than all the stuff that changes in each photo.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:46 PM

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 AM

Activealli, yes!  I think you're starting to show.  Specially if it's your first.  You tend to get that little "point" I call it, right under the belly button :)  I know my clothes are tighter all around.

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

User Tag List