~*Chat Thread Feb. 17th - 20th*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 02-17-2011, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I made this week short so I could start new threads on Mondays.  Easier for me since Wednesdays are crazy.

I can't eat what I want which is a bummer.  I had dessert last night.  Not a good idea.  Got my insulin pump in this morning and that should makes things easier AND I only have to stick myself once every three days instead of 4 times a days.  Yay!!  Still getting car sick.  IL's took me to the church dinner last night and I think MIL is going to let me sit in the front seat next time.  I asked FIL to go slow on the curve's, but it was still bad.  I don't like riding in cars anymore.  irked.gif

Still getting bigger, but I think some of that is weight gain. lol.gif  I haven't weighed myself, but so far I am close to 10lb weight gain and I'm only 10 weeks tomorrow.  1lb per week, I guess that would be 40lbs by the end, though last time I lost weight at the end. 

Oh, and OMG, I have sneezed twice while lying in bed and it pulls my round ligaments.  Hurts so bad.  Not cool.

orngtongue.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#2 of 18 Old 02-17-2011, 10:32 AM

Glad you got the insulin pump!  I hope that makes things easier for you and that you'll be able to eat easier. 

I've been having cramping today, at 8w2d.  I'm sure it's normal (growing pains or something), but it still freaks me out a little and I keep running the bathroom to check for bleeding.  None, though, thanks goodness.  Other than that, just a little nauseous and soooo tired.  Planning on napping again today, for the third day in a row.  I love naps.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#3 of 18 Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 AM

My fabulous "waking up in middle of the night to puke" was a virus.  My daughter had it a few days ago and now my son has it.  I'm feeling better finally and haven't puked in several hours, but now my poor baby boy is sick :(  Called in to work to recuperate the rest of the day and take care of him.  Now I need to eat and try to build up some energy from not eating at all yesterday. 

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#4 of 18 Old 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM

Ugh. I am not sure if I had a virus or just hit some weird phase but started vomitting last weekend and then have felt sooooo exhausted this week. My husband begged and begged for me to go skiing with him on Sunday. I kept telling him I was too tired and  I didnt think I could do it but he kept pleading as his two friends were going too, and they like to go faster than him so he wanted the excuse of being able to hang back with me. Well, I had been puking the day before, could barely keep water down, had not left the house in day, but Im a pushover so I went. I convinced myself that I would feel better if I get out. Big difference between going out for a walk, and throwing yourself down a snowy hill. Well, when we got up there (about 40 minutes from our house to slopes) it was raining. Most of the terrain was shut down because of lack of snow, but didnt know it until i got to the top. The easy slope was closed due to the ground protruding through so I had to go down the  moderate slope, which was basically mud snow. Not actually muddy, but felt like mud because of the rain it was all slushy. Well, I cursed my husband the WHOLE ENTIRE way down. He told me the wrong thing... "you just did this a few weeks ago and you were fine. Stop being a wimp." I screamed back "Im not a wimp! Im pregnant!" Men just dont understand. He thinks Im just taking this as an excuse to be lazy (Im sooo not a lazy person!). I grumped away and told him I was going to go sleep in the car. And I did.

So that was Sunday, then on Monday I had my second prenatal appt with a new kaiser midwife... well. It didnt go well. She was retiring in a few months (apparently, no one thought it was important to tell me that when scheduling) and you could tell she was over her job. She kept trying to answer any questions quickly and dart out the door. I did get hear the babies heartbeat and husband freaked again because he thought I caused something wrong with it because it had a rapid heartbeat. Then husband decided that we would do genetic testing, even though I had already decided against it.  It took a while for the midwife to convince him the fast heartbeat was fine but then she added later in pregnancy if it stays that high there will be a problem, so he started worrying about if it doesnt drop!

Im feeling totally wiped out this week. Like my legs are made of mud. It seems like Im not the only one but it still feels like there is something wrong. I CANT think straight, and I ache everywhere. I just want to feel like me for a day! I have a fun weekend planned for this weekend. Tomorrow we are going to the HUGE annual garden show and saturday going to the horse expo! Both happened to be the same weekend. Im just hoping I can get through both days and actually be able to enjoy myself.

3 days till im out of my first trimester! I know nothing magical will happen, but there is hope that maybe things will improve :)

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#5 of 18 Old 02-17-2011, 04:48 PM

Sorry for the long rant.

Active self employed momma to my amazing son with down syndrome born 8/24/11, wife to the most amazing husband ever, expecting baby #2 on September 5th, 2012, exactly 1 year from my sons original due date. Currently sharing our crazy household with 1 house rabbit, 3 exotic lizards, 1 guinea pig...

#6 of 18 Old 02-18-2011, 06:39 AM

I'm so sick all the time.  Par for the course for me but it's draining.  I have managed to keep my vomiting to about twice a day by being hyper vigilant w/ my meds and eating.  Drinking is still hard.  But this is such an improvement on my previous pregnancies.  6-7 times a day was the norm.

I am also probably super-hormonal but I am on the verge of tears reading about WI and the way the Gov. is treating public employees - particularly teachers.  If that ever happened here in Mass, I would be right w/ the teachers protesting - even sick as I am.  I have come across a few bad teachers in my life but for the majority, it was a labor of love.  And my son's teachers have been no different - exemplary, even.  I am so frustrated and sad :(

#7 of 18 Old 02-18-2011, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

wave.gif  Hi! 

I am nauseous, nauseous, nauseous, and very headachey.

Must be pregnant!  1sttri.gif

I can't wait for my 1st appt. It's not until March 9th.

Well, that pretty much covers what's going on with me. :p lol

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#8 of 18 Old 02-18-2011, 10:01 AM

I'm 11 weeks today, so just about out of the first trimester! joy.gif I was in a HORRIBLE mood this morning... don't ask!  I felt sorry for everyone around me.  greensad.gif Thankfully, it's passed and I'm back to my "ususal" pregnant self. 

Oh, I tried to see if I could find my uterus yesterday but I'm just not sure??  I think I found my left ovary, though? lol.gif  I'm just going crazy not having a midwife's appointment yet but DH was supposed to call the insurance comapnies today for his new job (we have two different options and one makes you pay for pre-existing conditions and the other doesn't but we don't know the price difference and all the details) but then he got completely side tracked at work and now he's wandering around talking to his work colleagues when he was supposed to be making phone calls eyesroll.gif (then again, I'm supposed to be preparing a talk for next week and here I am on MDC Sheepish.gif).

#9 of 18 Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post

wave.gif  Hi! 

I am nauseous, nauseous, nauseous, and very headachey.

Must be pregnant!  1sttri.gif

I can't wait for my 1st appt. It's not until March 9th.

Well, that pretty much covers what's going on with me. :p lol

Same here!  Ugg, the headaches.  My first appointment is February 28th, I'll be 12 weeks...sigh...I can't wait to get some energy back!

Loving mom to DS (05/08/10) expecting baby #2 in September 2011!

#10 of 18 Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 AM

I had a new symptom last night - I had to get up to go to the bathroom FOUR times!  I've been doing one, maybe two on a bad night... but four was ridiculous.  So much for a restful night's sleep.

But, on the positive side, my nausea seems to be lessening a bit, and I've been able to stay awake past 8:30 every night this week (could be because of the naps).  :)

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#11 of 18 Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM

This week has been crazy.  I AM in Wisconsin and WILL be affected by this bill.  I've spent most of this week at the Capitol and even slept there 2 nights in a row.  Last night I opted for the mattress.  I only live a 10 minute walk from the Capitol, so I had every intention of going back today, but the nausea hits at the weirdest times and I found myself retching after finishing up everything I wanted to do this morning.  Now, of course, I'm afraid to leave.  If I could be assured of a meeting with the governor, I'd go just to puke in his lap :)

Madison public schools have been closed for 3 days now since all of the teachers are calling in sick to be a part of a the crowd.  I'm not a teacher, but I do work in the schools so I've had 3 days off and may or may not be paid.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#12 of 18 Old 02-19-2011, 05:33 AM

Good for you, JlyGrnMigt, for standing up for workers.  Your governor should be ashamed :(  I "liked" 540,000 To See Scott Walker out of WI, January 2012

on FB so I've been able to see keep abreast of what's going on a little.  I can't believe the lack of press I am finding here in Mass.  It's not likely that something like that would happen here any time soon but this certainly has broader implications.  TN is just waiting in the wings :(  People need to stop being so short sighted.  This is bad for everyone.  Unless you're a Koch brother :(  I am so frustrated by this and not being able to do anything.  Thanks for going out despite being nauseated.  But be safe!!!  And I hope you start feeling better.  Nausea sucks.

#13 of 18 Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, my dh is pretty upset by this whole Wisconsin thing.  It's something the US has been doing for the last 30 yrs.  Cut taxes and then oh we need to cut something somewhere else to make-up for those tax cuts, duh.  It's insane.

Anyway, Thursday I was pretty exhausted and did not feel well, I think being so busy on Wednesday caught up with me.  I spent most of the day in bed dosing in and out.  Ugh.  Watched or listened to one Harry Potter movie twice and watched another once.  I even thought about not making dinner that night for myself since dh was working, but thought that probably wasn't a good idea.  Then dh was a total turd yesterday and took HIS stress out on me, the emotional pregnant lady and so I cried on and off most of the day and went to MIL house to start laundry and talked to her and cried on her shoulder and they took me out to lunch and then I went back and had dinner and she gave me some good advice.  I just needed to let him rant about how he was feeling and I think he realized how stupid he had been.  Men, why can't they be a little more sensitive when there is a pregnant lady in the house?  And he thinks I'M crazy.  Needless to say we made up and everything is right as rain again. orngbiggrin.gif  I guess I just need to let him rant about how he feels every once in awhile.

Thanks for listening to me rant.lol.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#14 of 18 Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 AM

30 yrs?  We were in a surplus during Clinton so I'm not so sure about that but regardless, it is insane :(  There are some rough times ahead :(  I was watching a doc last Sunday (American Experience) that was about Regan.  This was about his early years and his first 4 years of presidency.  I lived in MI when we was elected, in my first few years of elementary school.  My dad was one of the few working at that time because he didn't work for the car makers.  Watching that doc reminded me of those times and it was hard not to see parallels to today.  I hope we figure this out as a country soon.  We are so divided :/

Sounds like you have one fantastic MIL.  I cannot even imagine that situation w/ me and my MIL :D

#15 of 18 Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlyGrnMigt View Post

This week has been crazy.  I AM in Wisconsin and WILL be affected by this bill.  I've spent most of this week at the Capitol and even slept there 2 nights in a row.  Last night I opted for the mattress.  I only live a 10 minute walk from the Capitol, so I had every intention of going back today, but the nausea hits at the weirdest times and I found myself retching after finishing up everything I wanted to do this morning.  Now, of course, I'm afraid to leave.  If I could be assured of a meeting with the governor, I'd go just to puke in his lap :)

Madison public schools have been closed for 3 days now since all of the teachers are calling in sick to be a part of a the crowd.  I'm not a teacher, but I do work in the schools so I've had 3 days off and may or may not be paid.

On, Wisconsin!  Fight the good fight! 

I wish I could be there; instead I'm sending my support from PA. 

I have slept in the Capitol (way back in 1985 or 1986) and it is NOT comfortable.

#16 of 18 Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonifer View Post

On, Wisconsin!  Fight the good fight! 

*like* :)

#17 of 18 Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 AM

I got a NASTY virus last week that had me puking everywhere, had to take care of my son while recuperating because he got it too, and now that I'm over that I get a disgusting sinus infection and can't breathe!!  I can't even flush or blow the yuckies out :(  Saline drops have been useless and I don't even want to try snorting colloidal silver like I usually do for sinus infections... it'd be a waste since I can't anything to go through my nose! 

I'm just whiny today.  My mom came & got the kids for a fun sleepover so I'm goig to go take a nap now. 

/end whine.

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#18 of 18 Old 02-21-2011, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hck73 View Post

30 yrs?  We were in a surplus during Clinton so I'm not so sure about that but regardless, it is insane :(  There are some rough times ahead :(  I was watching a doc last Sunday (American Experience) that was about Regan.  This was about his early years and his first 4 years of presidency.  I lived in MI when we was elected, in my first few years of elementary school.  My dad was one of the few working at that time because he didn't work for the car makers.  Watching that doc reminded me of those times and it was hard not to see parallels to today.  I hope we figure this out as a country soon.  We are so divided :/

Sounds like you have one fantastic MIL.  I cannot even imagine that situation w/ me and my MIL :D

Yes, exactly, he said it started with Regan. 

I love love love my MIL and I think we've been bonding since this pregnancy began.  It's nice since I don't have a mommy to talk about my pregnancy to.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page