~*Chat Thread Feb. 21st - 27th*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New week.  I'll be 11 weeks this week and a week from Tuesday will be my dr appt.  Yay!!  We get to hear the heartbeat!!!

Lots of weird dreams the last couple of nights.  The last one I had this morning my dh and I were going to get married again.  At first I was planning on going to CO to get married and then we ended up deciding on TN at a fancy hotel there.  My mom was in my dream helping me plan and stuff, even a friend from the last due date club was in my dream.  Though I planned the flight for in the morning of my dr appt. next week and I kept forgetting to call and cancel my dr. appt.  So weird.  These aren't as vivid and bad as when I eat cheese before going to bed.  My dh said they have done studies about cheese causing very vivid dreams.  Y'all should try it.  He used to try different cheeses to see what would happen, if that made a difference.  

I do too much one day and pay for it the next it seems.  It sucks because I can't get much done around the house and it really needs a good cleaning.  At least the toilet is clean and the majority of the dishes are clean. orngtongue.gif  Oh well.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#2 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 AM

I'm 9 weeks now and will be 10 weeks come Thursday 24th!  We saw baby's heartbeat last Thursday going a hundred miles an hour!  Well, almost..  It was 175bpm and that's an ideal heart rate for 9 weeks.  So at this point all is well.  I'm just starting to get impatient on my next ultrasound!  I can't wait until week 16-18 to find out gender :[  That's just such an awfully long time from now..

Anyway, been feeling pretty decent the last day or so.  No major aches or pains.  Fortunately, I haven't experience this nausea and vomiting that a lot of women go through.  I get the nausea from time to time but absolutely NO vomiting :]  My morning sickness symptoms are mostly annoying headaches that come in the form of dizziness—bleh!  I feel like my equilibrium is off when I get those and I have to lay down for a couple hours and nap.  Hopefully I won't have any real discomforts when I return to work on Tuesday!

Cheers!

#3 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 06:31 AM

12 weeks, today! thumb.gif

Cathy, I have never heard that about cheese. Good to know. I usually have a little cheese during one of my nighttime nature calls.

Last night, I dreamt that I was in a partially animated world (somewhere between A Scanner Darkly and Cool World). Very trippy. I too was planning a wedding. It was not mine but my ex-fiance's. I never saw the bride-to-be, but I think she may have been a squirrel. mischievous.gif

DH really took good care of DS this weekend and I got a lot of good rest. We also seperated the BIG family bed back into a queen and long twin. DS slept in his own bed (in our room) all night last night. So, I slept all night without getting kicked in the kidneys! I feel so much better.

Pudge, it is wonderful to see and/or hear the baby's heart beat isn't it? 

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#4 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparkly View Post

Cathy, I have never heard that about cheese. Good to know. I usually have a little cheese during one of my nighttime nature calls.

Last night, I dreamt that I was in a partially animated world (somewhere between A Scanner Darkly and Cool World). Very trippy. I too was planning a wedding. It was not mine but my ex-fiance's. I never saw the bride-to-be, but I think she may have been a squirrel. mischievous.gif

DH really took good care of DS this weekend and I got a lot of good rest. We also seperated the BIG family bed back into a queen and long twin. DS slept in his own bed (in our room) all night last night. So, I slept all night without getting kicked in the kidneys! I feel so much better.

Yes, thank you!  It's very exciting!

I neglected to comment on the cheese..  I read somewhere that cheese is a food to stay away from if you're experiencing morning sickness—which I'm not thankfully!  So I am eating it.. on all my baked potatoes that I've eaten the last few days..  I know, major constipation!  Anyway, no vivid dreams as of yet!  Very interesting though.  Maybe I should be eating blocks of cheese? eat.gif

#5 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparkly View Post

Hehe.  Funny about ex-fiance and the squirrel.lol.gif  That is so nice of your dh and your ds.  I remember those days of being kicked in the stomach, fun times.  He's not so squirmy at night anymore. 

Welcome to the forum Pudge.wave.gif Glad you could join us.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#6 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Interesting info about the cheese... I'll have to give that a try!  I had a weird dream last night, too, even though I don't think I ate cheese before bed.  I was back in high school, in the marching band.  I couldn't find my tuba.  The only two girls I remember from the dream and people that I haven't seen in probably ten years or more, so not sure why they showed up.  I remember in the dream being on an old school activity bus, and one of the girl's in the dream was hitting on me.  Very weird. 

My sore boobs are mostly better, and my nausea isn't every day anymore, just occasionally.  The fatigue and exhaustion, however, are still kicking my butt.  I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow - yay!  My doctor's appointment is on Friday, I'm not sure if we'll be able to hear the heartbeat at that point or not - I know it's a little early to hear it on doppler, and I'm not sure if she'll do another U/S or not, since I already had two U/S's very early on. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#7 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Funny, cheese is the #1 thing I turn to to help with my worst nausea. I even sleep with it in a baggie under my pillow & snack on it every night during those awful nausea waves. :)

Cheese & oatmeal are the only foods I consistently can think about without wanting to barf up a galaxy.

I'm 8w5d & still feeling UG. Everything grosses me out & I'm always nauseated. But weirdly enough, I'm still not all that sleepy! It's bizarre how different pregnancies can be.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#8 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

My boobs aren't sore much anymore either, but they are huge.  They get in the way now.  I'm used to my small boobies.  They are getting heavier too.

zjande - do you have lots of weird dreams?

#9 of 37 Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Had the weirdest dream this morning.  I was married to dh, but I was flirting with two other guys.  It probably has to do with the fact I'm reading "The Birth House" at the moment.  I'm at the part where she is starting to flirt with Archer and then marries the ghastly guy.  Ugh.  I hope she finds someone nice, he sucks.  Anyway, Hagrid was in my dream too, but I wasn't flirting with him, dh asked that. lol.gif 

Yesterday was kind of weird, I was hungry, but I couldn't eat much at each meal, which was different and I was so exhausted.  Every time I went to do anything I felt light headed.  I'm really becoming depressed about not hearing the heartbeat yet, I don't like the 1st trimester very much esp. after the last two ended in miscarriage.  Only 1 week to hearing the heartbeat.  Sigh.

#10 of 37 Old 02-22-2011, 08:37 AM

Enjoy those crazy dreams. winky.gif I haven't noticed them as much since we nightweaned DD since I think I'm actually getting a bit more sleep. thumb.gif (except, of course, when i get up every morning at 4am to pee and then can never fall back asleep...). 

Anyways, I'm officially in my "pregnancy uniform" blush.gif .  Last pregnancy I think I wore black yoga pants and stretch T's the entire third trimester (and a good chunk of the second trimester too).  I guess I was subconsciously preparing for entering the second trimester on Friday but bringing out the black yoga pants and purple T today (it's actually because I'm flying to the states tonight and it looked by far like the most comfortable outfit that I have at the moment). 

Speaking of my trip I'm going to be gone from tonight and I get back on Monday.  I'm so sad about it because this is going to be by far the longest I'll be away from DD and I'm assuming she'll probably wean during this time.  It's also the first time I'll be going to a conference without DH (we actually work together) and my first conference where I will no longer be a student.  I'm excited for the trip itself but will miss my family so much! happytears.gifDH is freaking out about the whole thing (I think he subconsciously hoped I would bow out at the last minute) but I know he'll do just fine.

#11 of 37 Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by physmom View Post

Enjoy those crazy dreams. winky.gif I haven't noticed them as much since we nightweaned DD since I think I'm actually getting a bit more sleep. thumb.gif (except, of course, when i get up every morning at 4am to pee and then can never fall back asleep...). 

Anyways, I'm officially in my "pregnancy uniform" blush.gif .  Last pregnancy I think I wore black yoga pants and stretch T's the entire third trimester (and a good chunk of the second trimester too).  I guess I was subconsciously preparing for entering the second trimester on Friday but bringing out the black yoga pants and purple T today (it's actually because I'm flying to the states tonight and it looked by far like the most comfortable outfit that I have at the moment). 

Speaking of my trip I'm going to be gone from tonight and I get back on Monday.  I'm so sad about it because this is going to be by far the longest I'll be away from DD and I'm assuming she'll probably wean during this time.  It's also the first time I'll be going to a conference without DH (we actually work together) and my first conference where I will no longer be a student.  I'm excited for the trip itself but will miss my family so much! happytears.gifDH is freaking out about the whole thing (I think he subconsciously hoped I would bow out at the last minute) but I know he'll do just fine.

Have a great trip!!  I've been wearing my pregnancy uniform for awhile now. Heh.  Yoga pants and anything warm.  It was nice here yesterday and I went barefoot most of the day, it was 72.  So nice. 

Have you tried eating a snack when you get up at 4am?  Its when our bodies do the hormone dump and usually if you can't fall asleep it means you need to eat something. 

#12 of 37 Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 PM

Hey ladies, 

Thanks for all the WI protest support in the last chat thread.  It's really been a crazy week.  I slept on the Capitol floor last Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights.  I think I'll have to call off further sleepovers since schools are back in session and I have to work, but I'll still have a presence there in the mornings when possible.

I've been eating a lot of cheese, but no weird dreams yet!  Things that seem to keep the nausea away are yogurt and fresh fruit, but I don't find them very filling.  I've also had to give up my usual fried egg for boiled eggs.  The gas this week has been killing me (and everyone else!) so I hope that goes away.  The weirdest thing for me is that I seem to get incredibly thirsty every couple of days.  I'm afraid to chug too much in case it triggers a gag.  Coughing also makes me gag a lot.  Boo.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#13 of 37 Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 PM

I HAVE A MIDWIFE!!!

Met the MW today and she's FABULOUS!!!!!  I felt like I was interviewing myself for the most part, lol.

So sitting and talking with her, we have a great vibe with one another.  Husband got a good vibe off of her and likes her as well. Very down to earth and practices what she preaches. 

Very hands off, let me do what I want and make the choices, I have a ton of freedom and best of all- I'm getting my homebirth!!!! 

I'm happy.  Husband is happy.  I'm feeling VERY confident about this :D 

YAY!!  I have a MW!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#14 of 37 Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 PM

Oh and- Just stabbed my husband!!!

But for a good cause!  We tested his blood.  Well, could have saved myself some unnecessary junk being injected into my body 2 pregnancies ago.  Just blood typed my husband (yay eldon cards!) and apparently he's O Neg.  Which means all those prenatal rhogam shots were for NOTHING!  Well, at least I don't have to worry about it this pregnancy :D  YAY!!!

Amy Lynn, Loving wife stillheart.gifand mom to 3 sweethearts. Christopher (8/06), Katherine (10/08), and Matthew (09/11).  2 time VBAC Momma and NCB & BFing advocate.

#15 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 AM

Good for you! We were pretty aware of this because of my mom (she has multiple miscarriages until she found out about this problem and then had my sister) so we had DH checked immediately even though we were pretty sure he was negative (he is).  So it was nice avoiding unnecessary shots. thumb.gif My previous Ob/Gyn would've had him tested no matter what, though... I thought that was standard practice instead of just giving the shots first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFanatik View Post

Oh and- Just stabbed my husband!!!

But for a good cause!  We tested his blood.  Well, could have saved myself some unnecessary junk being injected into my body 2 pregnancies ago.  Just blood typed my husband (yay eldon cards!) and apparently he's O Neg.  Which means all those prenatal rhogam shots were for NOTHING!  Well, at least I don't have to worry about it this pregnancy :D  YAY!!!

#16 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlyGrnMigt View Post

Hey ladies, 

Thanks for all the WI protest support in the last chat thread.  It's really been a crazy week.  I slept on the Capitol floor last Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights.  I think I'll have to call off further sleepovers since schools are back in session and I have to work, but I'll still have a presence there in the mornings when possible.

hug2.gif I didn't have a chance to reply on the other thread but I also wanted to throw in my support.  My area of work might get some major cuts too that would lay off thousands of scientists and engineers.  I can't even express here how upset I am about it.  I'll just hold my tongue since otherwise I'd probably write a long rant that nobody wants to hear. redface.gif

Otherwise, I'm doing well.  I survived a 10+2 hour plane trip yesterday and seem to be hiding my pregnancy just fine at the conference I'm at.  I hope you guys all are doing well!

#17 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 05:09 AM

Congratulations! What a great feeling! orngbiggrin.gif

If this is the same MW we have discussed briefly before on MDC, then I totally understand the feeling of interviewing yourself. lol.gif She'll be at my birth, too, but as backup. thumb.gif  

Quote:

I HAVE A MIDWIFE!!!

Met the MW today and she's FABULOUS!!!!!  I felt like I was interviewing myself for the most part, lol.

So sitting and talking with her, we have a great vibe with one another.  Husband got a good vibe off of her and likes her as well. Very down to earth and practices what she preaches. 

Very hands off, let me do what I want and make the choices, I have a ton of freedom and best of all- I'm getting my homebirth!!!! 

I'm happy.  Husband is happy.  I'm feeling VERY confident about this :D 

YAY!!  I have a MW!!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#18 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. B. Sprout View Post

If this is the same MW we have discussed briefly before on MDC, then I totally understand the feeling of interviewing yourself. lol.gif She'll be at my birth, too, but as backup. thumb.gif 

Yep, It's her!!  I LOVE her!!  Funny- your MW will probably be MY MW's backup, lmao!!  Are you using M.A. by chance?? stillheart.gif

#19 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

That's exciting about finding a midwife and one you really like no less. thumb.gif

My intestines are killing me today and it just makes me exhausted.  Ugh.  I gained six pounds since I last saw my diabetes doctor two weeks ago.  Now I know why my belly looked smaller in my last pic because the rest of me is starting to put on some pounds.  lol.gif  Though when I went to church last Sunday and wore a shirt I had worn about a month earlier my belly filled it out.  It's a cute nursing shirt that I couldn't figure out how to use and its a really nice dressy shirt, you wouldn't know its for nursing. lol.gif  It made it obvious I was pregnant.  orngtongue.gif

I had many dreams last night.  One about my ds and ex-dh, then another with my mom, which lately seems comforting, at least I get to see her in my dreams, she's been gone about a year and a half now.  My last dream I won't share with you.  lol.gifblush.gif

#20 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Okay, so I went from suffering with constipation for five weeks, pretty much since the day I got my BFP, and over the last two days that's been replaced by diarhea.  I almost don't want to complain, because I'll be honest, it's nice to be able to go, but where's the happy medium?? 

Cathy - How's the insulin pump working for you?

Amy Lynn - Yay for the midwife!!!  I'm sure that's a relief!

Jolly - HI!  Sorry for the gagging and nausea, but hope otherwise you are doing well.  :)

#21 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Okay, so I went from suffering with constipation for five weeks, pretty much since the day I got my BFP, and over the last two days that's been replaced by diarhea.  I almost don't want to complain, because I'll be honest, it's nice to be able to go, but where's the happy medium?? 

Cathy - How's the insulin pump working for you?

I had that last time.  No fun.

I heartbeat.gif it!!  It makes life so much easier.  I really don't have to think much with it.  I just take my blood sugar punch in the number, then punch in how many carbs I'm going to eat and it figures out the rest.  It's awesome!!  I only poke myself with a needle once every three days.  Though it seems I'm acquiring more things on my belly than I'd like to have there.  I just got a sensor to monitor my blood sugar on the other side of my belly, no more nice belly shots. greensad.gif  That's really the only down side.

#22 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 PM

Yep, I am! lol.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, It's her!!  I LOVE her!!  Funny- your MW will probably be MY MW's backup, lmao!!  Are you using M.A. by chance?? stillheart.gif

#23 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Hi Y'all,

Hope it's okay if I join in as a new person around here. :) I've been lurking now and then as it's taken me some time to get comfortable with this unexpected pregnancy and feel well enough to spend any of my free time on the computer!

sounds like many of you are feeling better and yay on finding a good midwife!

I am in week 9, my conception date is a little fuzzy but I know I am somewhere in week 9 now. :)  My main symptoms have been all the time nausea since somewhere between 5-6 weeks and lately I have been more tired. And I started waking up much earlier in the mornings, having to pee, and not being able to get back to sleep but not wanting to get out of bed either! Hopefully I will go back to my old wonderful sleep schedule for awhile before having to deal with the sleep deprivation of a new baby again, I am feeling waaaay too old to go through that again (I am 36).

we've only told our parents. I am very nervous about telling people at my work (I work as a university librarian) as this will be #3 and that will undoubtedly be viewed as excessive since my job is pretty career-oriented. Sigh. One day at a time! So I'm trying to counterbalance my workplace, with my friends and other communities that are supportive.

Have been holding my jeans together with a rubber band, I ordered a belly band thing and am waiting impatiently for that to arrive! At work it's lots of drapy tops and cardigans.

I have a fantastic homebirth midwife that I worked with in my last pregnancy and am so excited to go back to her. My first appt will be March 14. Due to early bleeding I had an u/s at around 6.5 weeks and saw the heartbeat, I plan to have the big u/s around 20 weeks as well and find out the gender.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Heather

#24 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 05:39 PM

Hey Heather! Congrats on #3 and on seeing the heartbeat a few weeks ago. I hope your belly band arrives soon! orngbiggrin.gif

#25 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 PM

Thank you so much! Good to meet you. My belly band arrived today, in fact! So that should make it a bit easier to hide my little bump (err, beer belly?) at work!

#26 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

Had the weirdest dream this morning.  I was married to dh, but I was flirting with two other guys.  It probably has to do with the fact I'm reading "The Birth House" at the moment.  I'm at the part where she is starting to flirt with Archer and then marries the ghastly guy.  Ugh.  I hope she finds someone nice, he sucks.  Anyway, Hagrid was in my dream too, but I wasn't flirting with him, dh asked that. lol.gif 

Yesterday was kind of weird, I was hungry, but I couldn't eat much at each meal, which was different and I was so exhausted.  Every time I went to do anything I felt light headed.  I'm really becoming depressed about not hearing the heartbeat yet, I don't like the 1st trimester very much esp. after the last two ended in miscarriage.  Only 1 week to hearing the heartbeat.  Sigh.

"The Birth House" was an excellent book!  I received it for my birthday a couple years ago.

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

#27 of 37 Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 PM

Is there any specific belly band brand that seems to work best?  Also, will I have only one belly band for the whole pregnancy, or do you go up in size as you grow?  I'll be needing a band in the near future for sure - pants getting more snug.

Thanks September Mamas-to-be!

Lovingly married September 2008.  Pregnancy #2 (after 10 cycles) - lethal disorder Acrania detected just before 15 weeks in second ultrasound - no longer expecting 1 September, 2011.  Pregnancy #1 (first try) - MC November 2009 at 9 weeks 
#28 of 37 Old 02-25-2011, 04:15 AM

Hi Heather, and welcome to the group!

I couldn't sleep at all last night... I have my first "real" appointment this morning, and I'm terrified!  I'm excited, of course, but scared, too, that something might be wrong.  Cross your fingers for me that everything checks out okay! 

#29 of 37 Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae14 View Post

"The Birth House" was an excellent book!  I received it for my birthday a couple years ago.

I loved it and ate it up in 3 days.  Good good book.

Heather - Welcome to the group!!  We invite anyone that would like to chat. orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Hi Heather, and welcome to the group!

I couldn't sleep at all last night... I have my first "real" appointment this morning, and I'm terrified!  I'm excited, of course, but scared, too, that something might be wrong.  Cross your fingers for me that everything checks out okay! 

Let us know how it goes Valerie.  I will be thinking of you.

I still have a week before my first appt. I have to move my other one since my Medicaid card will still be in the mail and the first appt. is around $300 without it.

#30 of 37 Old 02-25-2011, 06:52 AM

The appointment went okay.  I was hoping she'd try to hear the heartbeat, though I know it's early (9w3d).  She said she didn't want to cause me undue worry or stress if we couldn't find it, so she wouldn't do it.  But she did make me an appointment for two weeks, so I'll be able to hear it then.  She said my uterus is growing nicely, though, so I guess that's a good sign, right? 

Cathy - Good luck while you're waiting for your appointment - I know how frustrating the waiting is, counting down the days and minutes.  At least you have us to distract you.  ;)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page