Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Let's talk appointments!!

#2 of 82 Old 02-27-2011, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1st one with midwife on Thursday!!!  Yay!!!  Can't wait to hear the heartbeat!!!heartbeat.gif

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#3 of 82 Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM

Should that read "thread"? :-)

And Baby makes five!!! grouphug.gif +dog2.gif x2!
#4 of 82 Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 AM

lol.gif  That's funny.  I didn't even notice that.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#5 of 82 Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 PM

OMG!!!!!  My Medicaid card came today and I got to keep my appt. with my back-up OB!!!  Yay!!!!  I'm so happy!!!!  I get to hear its heartbeat tomorrow at my 10:30 appt!!!!!!  Think good thoughts tomorrow mamas!!!

#6 of 82 Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 PM

aww, that's great news :)

#7 of 82 Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Great appointment!!!! He did a dating u/s without the doppler since he said that emits more than the u/s itself and he'd just get quick measurements. Glad I did, baby is 12 weeks 3 days not 11weeks 4 days like I thought. Yay!!! And we saw its little heart beating away. And there is only one in there. joy.gif

#8 of 82 Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Aw..good appointment! Glad you got to see the heartbeat!  joy.gif  Were you charting when you conceived?  I push for them to pay attention to when I KNOW I o'd versus what they try to make me go with.  redface.gif  But, I have unmistakable o pains that are worse than AF, so there's no foolin' me!  LOL 

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#9 of 82 Old 03-01-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthylady View Post

Aw..good appointment! Glad you got to see the heartbeat!  joy.gif  Were you charting when you conceived?  I push for them to pay attention to when I KNOW I o'd versus what they try to make me go with.  redface.gif

Yeah, that's the thing.  I did chart, but it show's I o'd late and even FF thought I had o'd sooner than that and it changed its mind.  So, I'm not sure.

#10 of 82 Old 03-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Well, I can't remember if it was research I read, or what...but for some reason I'm thinking that dating u/s aren't as accurate once you're past 7-8 weeks.  It seems that once all the limbs have developed and reached their placement and all that's left is for the baby to continue growing and getting larger, that dating can be more tricky...because all babies and people grow at different rates, etc.  headscratch.gif  But prior to 7-8 weeks, the shape of the baby is how they can tell the dating.

Honestly, the ONLY reason it would even matter with moving your date ahead would be if you are likely to go past due.  Otherwise, if your care provider isn't going to be pushy about induction at 42 weeks, or 41 or 40, or whatever...then it doesn't really matter anyway.  thumb.gif  But, I prefer having a later date just in case, and also because it's SO HARD going past due than it is to go earlier than expected.  redface.gif

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#11 of 82 Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Sigh. 

I just had my first appointment with a new midwife in their group practice yesterday.  According to my LMC I would be 12 weeks yesterday.  She tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler and couldn't find it!  I was kind of freaking out so she asked if I wanted her to bring out the portable ultrasound to look for it.  Um, yes.  SO, she is looking, and looking, not saying anything, then she says 'well, that's odd, what is that?'.  'Hum, it could be a fibroid, although I don't diagnose them so I'm not sure.'  I just wanted to see my baby's heartbeat and know it is okay.  So when I saw a tiny movement I said 'oh, is that the heart beating!?'  She confirmed it was and I could breath again...I am freaking out that her not being able to get the heartbeat with the doppler is a bad sigh or implies something about the health of the baby.  I'm also now freaking out about a possible fibroid!  I didn't even know what that was and now (after googling it, of course) I'm so scared.  She did a pelvic exam and said I might be further along than I thought so we set up an appointment for a dating ultrasound next Monday, and I'll find out about the possible fibroid then.  Ugh.  I was so excited about the first appointment and to make sure everything was okay and now I'm just full of worries.                     

Loving mom to DS (05/08/10) expecting baby #2 in September 2011!

#12 of 82 Old 03-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Good luck with your next appointment! I see the inside of uterus's all the time at work (I work in the OR) and LOTS of moms have totally healthy babies with fibroids. That's such a touchy subject as so many women have different experiences. Some women have pain and heavy bleeding, others don't even know they have them until someone is in the abdomen looking for something else. I'm no expert but I wouldn't jump the gun that its is a fibroid until someone with more expertise can determine so. Maybe it was a loop of bowel in the way? And if it is one? It doesn't mean anything is wrong with baby, you don't have anything malignant in there. Fibroids are benign growths. Health care providers throw around terms that are everyday to them without thinking it can scare the shit out of a lay person. Let us know how your appointment goes and what they say! ♥

#13 of 82 Old 03-02-2011, 12:16 PM

NWnewmom - My sister also had fibroids during her pregnancy, and went on to have a healthy baby boy, carried full-term.  I hope all goes well for you!

My next appointment in March 11 - I'll be 11w3d and hope to hear a heartbeat that day!  It still doesn't "feel real" to me that I'm really pregnant, but I think hearing a heartbeat will make it real.  This next week and a half is going to go by soooo slow. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#14 of 82 Old 03-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlynn918 View Post

Good luck with your next appointment! I see the inside of uterus's all the time at work (I work in the OR) and LOTS of moms have totally healthy babies with fibroids. That's such a touchy subject as so many women have different experiences. Some women have pain and heavy bleeding, others don't even know they have them until someone is in the abdomen looking for something else. I'm no expert but I wouldn't jump the gun that its is a fibroid until someone with more expertise can determine so. Maybe it was a loop of bowel in the way? And if it is one? It doesn't mean anything is wrong with baby, you don't have anything malignant in there. Fibroids are benign growths. Health care providers throw around terms that are everyday to them without thinking it can scare the shit out of a lay person. Let us know how your appointment goes and what they say! ♥

Thank you so much for this!!  Exactly what I needed to hear right now.  I'll let you know what they say at the ultrasound.

#15 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 AM

Had my 12 week appointment at 12 weeks 4 days yesterday. Went in and after not hearing the heartbeat at 9 weeks, I did get to hear it at this appointment. It was strong and steady. Other than dealing with acid reflux for which my midwife prescribed Prilosec OTC twice a day, I haven't had any problems. I am so happy the morning sickness is gone and I'm starting to really look pregnant not fat.thumb.gif My next appointment will be on the 31st at 16 weeks and at that time we'll schedule the u/s. I'm really weary of them and ended up canceling the early u/s, but I'm okay with just one during the pregnancy and having it at a time when it counts and we'll be able to figure out if we are having a boy or a girl! duck.gif

joy.gif my two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011. winner.jpg

#16 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 09:24 AM

time4latte - CONGRATS on hearing the heartbeat!  Glad all is going well for you.  :)

#17 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 AM

OH MAN! My appointment got mixed up! I had it in my calendar as next Thursday and they had today down! I could have heard the heartbeat. Booh....now it's on this coming Tuesday. Oh well, something to look forward to. :-)

#18 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 AM

I had my first midwife appt. this am.  I love.gif her.  She is wonderful and very understanding with my diabetes.  My dh loved her as well.  We got to hear the heartbeat and the little guy was kicking around while she was listening.  So cool.  I couldn't feel any movement, but you could hear it swim up to the doppler.  My next appt. is also on the 31st at 16 weeks.  I also made an appt. for 18 weeks for my back-up OB for an u/s.  We need to make sure baby isn't growing too fast.  That really is the only concern with my diabetes, but since I have it under control, it shouldn't be a problem.  thumb.gif

#19 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post

I had my first midwife appt. this am.  I love.gif her.  She is wonderful and very understanding with my diabetes.  My dh loved her as well.  We got to hear the heartbeat and the little guy was kicking around while she was listening.  So cool.  I couldn't feel any movement, but you could hear it swim up to the doppler.  My next appt. is also on the 31st at 16 weeks.  I also made an appt. for 18 weeks for my back-up OB for an u/s.  We need to make sure baby isn't growing too fast.  That really is the only concern with my diabetes, but since I have it under control, it shouldn't be a problem.  thumb.gif

Awesome! So you say, "guy"... ;-)

#20 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Yay Cathy!  So glad the appointment went well.  It's so neat that you could hear the little one "swimming."  Can't wait to hear mine next week! 

#21 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Awesome! So you say, "guy"... ;-)

You know, someone else caught me saying that too.  If I'm right on my dates I conceived on the day I ovulated, we didn't dtd 9 days before and 9 days after.  I usually use that term for both sexes though.  Like hey you guys.  orngtongue.gif  We are definitely not finding out at our 18 week u/s for sure.  He will even avoid that area for us and just check placenta position and see if the baby is growing too fast. 

#22 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Oh I am so finding out! I cant stand it. I need to know! I decided not to find out for my first and when I left the US I wanted to run back in crying for them to tell me! Right now I cant wait to hear the heartbeat. Next tuesday!

#23 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Oh I am so finding out! I cant stand it. I need to know! I decided not to find out for my first and when I left the US I wanted to run back in crying for them to tell me! Right now I cant wait to hear the heartbeat. Next tuesday!

Hah!  Yeah, that is how my ex-dh is.  He doesn't like surprised, but I love them. winky.gif  My dh doesn't think at this point he needs to know or not, so that's good.

#24 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM

I am so not following all the abreviations on here! Help me out? DH? And theres a bunch for kids too...so confused!

#25 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Let's see, I've been seeing these for so long I may actually have the written-out versions wrong but...

DH=dear husband

DD=dear daughter

DS=dear son

SO=significant other

MIL=mother in law

FIL=father in law

You get the picture...

What else? :)

#26 of 82 Old 03-03-2011, 08:32 PM

Well, I think we've finally gotten all the details worked out between our insurance and the mw so we can now move forward and pursue a homebirth and get an appointment set up.  joy.gif

#27 of 82 Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 AM

Eathlady - Glad you got everything worked out.

Cathy - I'm not finding out the sex either... hopefully.  We both agree on that right now, we'll see how we feel as the U/S approaches. 

#28 of 82 Old 03-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracecody View Post

Let's see, I've been seeing these for so long I may actually have the written-out versions wrong but...

DH=dear husband

DD=dear daughter

DS=dear son

SO=significant other

MIL=mother in law

FIL=father in law

You get the picture...

What else? :)

MIL and FIL and SO are common...but the dear stuff? never ever heard of that! I guess the D threw me...I was thinking dedicated? ;-)

#29 of 82 Old 03-04-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:

MIL and FIL and SO are common...but the dear stuff? never ever heard of that! I guess the D threw me...I was thinking dedicated? ;-)

LO = little one

LMC = last menstrual cycle

EBF/BF = exclusively breastfed

#30 of 82 Old 03-04-2011, 09:16 PM

My midwife couldn't get the heartbeat with the doppler at my 12 week appointment.  Twice we heard it for a brief second and then it was gone.  I had had the ultrasound the day before and there was a very active little baby in there so I'm not worried, I figure this is just a hyper one and it's moving all over the place so it'll be difficult to catch the heartbeat.  Lucky me, better sleep now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page