happy news! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I finally feel like I "belong" in this DDC!  LOL

I saw the midwives and the gynocological oncologist and not only does the baby look good but the "maybe cancer" they found in January is now "amost certainly not cancer"!  I can finally start letting myself believe that this is happening, and start dealing with the surprise of a fourht child.

~~(I was taking a medication for thrush that can cause extreme birth defects when taken during the first few weeks of a pregnancy.  So there was a very real concern that the babe wouldn't develop properly... but we had to wait and see since it isn't till around 12 weeks that the affected parts are visible on u/s.  I'll have more scans to keep an eye on the ovarian cysts and to double check anatomical issues with the babe but overall I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER it's almost crazy)~~

That said, the all day stomache simply isn't letting up... I've felt cruddy for two whole months now.  Not throwing up, but always "on the edge" of throwing up.  Ugh.  I'm actually losing weight!  I'm not worried (and neither are my care providers) but I'd really really really like to feel normal-ish again.  I had long, strong, morning sickness with my first but with number two and number three it wasn't so bad.  This time though I'm 12 weeks and still feeling like I've been hit by a train.  At least I know that this is part of an ok pregnancy though.  It's been horrible to feel sick while also being uncertain about whether the pregnancy was viable.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#2 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 07:25 AM

So glad to hear this!  

#3 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good!  Congratulations on lots of good news!

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#4 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 11:58 AM

so glad things are looking good with your baby!  That's fantastic news, and such a relief to you!! 

The morning sickness will subside soon...fingers crossed, anyway!  I still have really bad days too...the hit by a truck feeling you described smile.gif but i am having lots more good days too!  good luck getting to the other side--the second trimester! 

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#5 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Wow!!! Yay!!! So happy to hear this. You are one heck of a strong lady smile.gif
#6 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 04:07 PM

Awww, that is absolutely wonderful! Congrats! <3 <3 <3 :)

#7 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM

biggrinbounce.gif Yay!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#8 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 05:44 PM

CoNgRaTs!

#9 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 06:21 PM

that is great news!!!  you must feel so relieved.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#10 of 14 Old 02-26-2011, 06:29 PM

joy.gif

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

#11 of 14 Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 AM

Oh, I am so glad to hear that!  I remember your initial post, and had wondered how you were doing.  I am 12 weeks today as well, and trying to have patience with the "morning" sickness.  Hopefully we will both start to feel better soon and we can enjoy the nice parts of the second trimester, like feeling our little babes move!

#12 of 14 Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 AM

Wombat,

I've been lurking here on and off, not really sure where to post (here or a more mainstream area where no one I know would look for posts from me) and mainly I've been on another board, but I haven't been posting there either. I guess I don't have many questions on my 3rd child as I did with my first 2. But then I saw your update tonight, and I remember when I found out I was preg. and changed my handle for annonymity, and I saw your post tonight with the good news update, and I just felt relieved for you and very excited as well and I just felt the need to reply and share in your feeling of "this is the board where I belong" sense. So glad to hear the good news!!!!!

#13 of 14 Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

hugs to you and yours greene!  :)  You can always PM me if you'd like.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#14 of 14 Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM

that is such great news!  i can't even imagine your relief!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page